• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10146 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1418

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 5162 Next
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:57:37
March 13 2014 20:57 GMT
#28341
On March 14 2014 05:51 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:47 mordek wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:45 Kyrie wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:18 jcarlsoniv wrote:
I remember I used to play this animated computer chess game when I was pretty young. It helped me learn a lot of the basics and some tactics (my greatest memory was learning what en passant and castling were).

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

On March 14 2014 05:18 Shelke14 wrote:
Who's dogfood boy


no one important - I'm just bored

but Coma's right, not worth mentioning

BATTLE CHESS?!

Something about this is triggering a super distant memory... if someone figures it out I'll <3 4eva

I'm remembering like the queen would animate when you capture and like dagger the piece in the back.

definitely battle chess. it was for the NES and old computers. all the pieces animated when they captured another piece.

p.s. heh that was your 5k post
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 13 2014 21:04 GMT
#28342
mord, in case you weren't aware already, I have no idea what a good chess opening is lol

I do know that for like the first ~10 turns, you want to move different pieces if possible. But beyond that, I feel like such a noob.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 13 2014 21:07 GMT
#28343
On March 14 2014 06:04 jcarlsoniv wrote:
mord, in case you weren't aware already, I have no idea what a good chess opening is lol

I do know that for like the first ~10 turns, you want to move different pieces if possible. But beyond that, I feel like such a noob.

Because you ARE a noob and you need more games to figure it out.

It's like LoL, no one ever told you how to play out your lane after first tower goes down, but there's a clear difference between good players and bad players in this phase of the game.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:12:25
March 13 2014 21:11 GMT
#28344
On March 14 2014 05:31 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:30 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.


yeah, but he's still in his "I don't want to look feminine" highschool phase

fuck that shit, dance class was awesome. tons of qt college girls.

Normal dance I don't mind, a credit is a credit. And I look pretty damn feminine sometimes, I have to say.

But this teacher judges us on skill instead of effort, so my being horrible at it is killing me. She's so angry all the time x.x

Also, since it's a mandatory credit, it's filled up with mostly guys who want to get it out of the way. So it smells like shittttttttttttt
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 13 2014 21:12 GMT
#28345
On March 14 2014 06:07 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:04 jcarlsoniv wrote:
mord, in case you weren't aware already, I have no idea what a good chess opening is lol

I do know that for like the first ~10 turns, you want to move different pieces if possible. But beyond that, I feel like such a noob.

Because you ARE a noob and you need more games to figure it out.

It's like LoL, no one ever told you how to play out your lane after first tower goes down, but there's a clear difference between good players and bad players in this phase of the game.

Since I took the tower, clearly I won lane and am entitled to a win. If not it's my teams fault for being shitters.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 13 2014 21:12 GMT
#28346
On March 14 2014 06:11 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:31 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:30 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.


yeah, but he's still in his "I don't want to look feminine" highschool phase

fuck that shit, dance class was awesome. tons of qt college girls.

Normal dance I don't mind, a credit is a credit. And I look pretty damn feminine sometimes, I have to say.

But this teacher judges us on skill instead of effort, so my being horrible at it is killing me. She's so angry all the time x.x


What kinda dance class is it?
liftlift > tsm
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 21:15 GMT
#28347
On March 14 2014 06:12 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:11 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:31 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:30 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.


yeah, but he's still in his "I don't want to look feminine" highschool phase

fuck that shit, dance class was awesome. tons of qt college girls.

Normal dance I don't mind, a credit is a credit. And I look pretty damn feminine sometimes, I have to say.

But this teacher judges us on skill instead of effort, so my being horrible at it is killing me. She's so angry all the time x.x


What kinda dance class is it?

It SAID beginners dance.

All evil lies.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:24:00
March 13 2014 21:16 GMT
#28348
On March 14 2014 06:04 jcarlsoniv wrote:
mord, in case you weren't aware already, I have no idea what a good chess opening is lol

I do know that for like the first ~10 turns, you want to move different pieces if possible. But beyond that, I feel like such a noob.

The Ruy Lopez is one of the most common openings in Chess.

http://chess.about.com/od/openings/tp/TopOpenings.htm

Other good openings to know, though stick with the top few. I'm personally partial to the Reti, and KID/KIA, but that's a very complex opening to pull off. I fk it up often enough lol
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 21:27 GMT
#28349
For Hearthstone, should my first crafted legendary be LJ (because my main deck is Warlock), Ragnaros, or Sylvanas (I think she might be outdated now )? Or I guess any other good legendary too like Ysera.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
March 13 2014 21:29 GMT
#28350
I just ended up crafting a bunch of expert level cards that I needed instead of blowing it on a legendary.

And murlocs. Can't forget to craft those.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 13 2014 21:30 GMT
#28351
On March 14 2014 06:07 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:04 jcarlsoniv wrote:
mord, in case you weren't aware already, I have no idea what a good chess opening is lol

I do know that for like the first ~10 turns, you want to move different pieces if possible. But beyond that, I feel like such a noob.

Because you ARE a noob and you need more games to figure it out.

It's like LoL, no one ever told you how to play out your lane after first tower goes down, but there's a clear difference between good players and bad players in this phase of the game.


oh, I know, that's why I want to play more games

chess is an important game to know!
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 13 2014 21:33 GMT
#28352
On March 14 2014 06:15 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:12 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:11 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:31 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:30 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:27 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.


yeah, but he's still in his "I don't want to look feminine" highschool phase

fuck that shit, dance class was awesome. tons of qt college girls.

Normal dance I don't mind, a credit is a credit. And I look pretty damn feminine sometimes, I have to say.

But this teacher judges us on skill instead of effort, so my being horrible at it is killing me. She's so angry all the time x.x


What kinda dance class is it?

It SAID beginners dance.

All evil lies.

Weird. :/
That sucks. My teacher mostly graded on effort and choreography
liftlift > tsm
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 13 2014 21:33 GMT
#28353
I would happily be playing more but standard work catastrophe all these reports need submitted today discovered at 4:45 stuff.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
March 13 2014 21:38 GMT
#28354
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
March 13 2014 21:42 GMT
#28355
theres some pretty fucking emotional shit in naruto
dont hate
that futurama episode with the dog takes the cake though
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:46:19
March 13 2014 21:43 GMT
#28356
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 13 2014 21:46 GMT
#28357
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Only need enough dust for murloc deck. Then grind rest out with cheezy murloc deck.
liftlift > tsm
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:51:21
March 13 2014 21:50 GMT
#28358
I didn't like that Futurama episode. For some reason it literally gets brought up in every single Reddit thread some how even when it's a totally unrelated topic.
TranslatorBaa!
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 21:51 GMT
#28359
On March 14 2014 06:46 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Only need enough dust for murloc deck. Then grind rest out with cheezy murloc deck.

See I did that, I have murk-eye and shit. Then I tried it and realized how much I hated cheese so I dusted most of my murlocks in the unholy name of the zombie lord Cixah.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
March 13 2014 21:53 GMT
#28360
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 40m
Online Event
6h 40m
FEL
11h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.