• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1416

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 5162 Next
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:10:02
March 13 2014 20:09 GMT
#28301
I've teared up in lots of movies, I'm a sensitive guy! With feelings and emotions!


Man I've sniped so many top pages lately. Fucking awesome
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 13 2014 20:11 GMT
#28302
On March 14 2014 05:09 Shelke14 wrote:
I've teared up in lots of movies, I'm a sensitive guy! With feelings and emotions!


Man I've sniped so many top pages lately. Fucking awesome

herp derp second post
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 13 2014 20:11 GMT
#28303
yay, coma got dogfoodboy banned!
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
March 13 2014 20:12 GMT
#28304
On March 14 2014 05:11 jcarlsoniv wrote:
yay, coma got dogfoodboy banned!

wasn't me, nor worth an announcement in this thread. but yay celebrate!
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:14:26
March 13 2014 20:13 GMT
#28305
On March 14 2014 05:00 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 04:50 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:23 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:12 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:01 wei2coolman wrote:
This Thorin drama with IEM is so silly. If you watch the video in whole, it wasn't even offensive.

I didn't see the video but im interested in the context of
they’ve got that existential hole of being Polish to try and fill with some esports.

Maybe, it’s like when you have the Olympics somewhere in Africa and they can all pretend they’re part of the developed world for two weeks, and then everyone just leaves and they’re still in the dirt.

and how it could not be offensive

because it's true, that's essentially what happened when Olympics gets hosted in shitholes like this Winter Olympics in Sochi.

I mean apart from truth and offensiveness not being mutually exclusive he still called someones nationality an existential hole. I'm not looking for my pitchfork i'm just pretty sure every polish person would find that offensive. Not getting paid to go to the place he shit on so much seems totally fair.

Meh, I suppose it's fair, but don't know why people so willing to take it to an extreme when it hardly was...

yeah people going overboard or calling for boycots or something are crazy. I just think its hilarious that he said that while expecting to work for carmac and co. shortly. Just imagining carmac's reaction.



Oh my god wait what is this? Somebody link me to this thing.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
March 13 2014 20:14 GMT
#28306
For newbies to chess, I have a couple tips.

First, stick with a "standard" opening and get a feel for it. There's no need to learn the hypermodernist openings or gambits. Sick with something stable like the standard King's pawn forward. Stability in your early game facilitates learning the game.

In the early game don't move pieces more than once, unless there's a very good reason for it. The purpose of the early game is to develop your pieces and gain board control. If your piece is in the back doing nothing and controlling nothing, it might as well not be on the board.

in the mid game, the goal is the force good trades and gain control of the center of the board. Controlling the center ensures more options for you, less options for them, and more pressure on them.

Learn basic endgame procedures to close out games. Most newbie games end with only a few pieces left on the board.

I'll type more when I can use a computer.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:27:25
March 13 2014 20:15 GMT
#28307
On March 13 2014 17:30 Gahlo wrote:
Anybody got some insight on the Avatar stats Asset/Flaw dealies for FE:Awakening? I'm leaning speed as asset but I'm not sure for flaw.

Serenes Forest is the #1 resource for Fire Emblem stuff. For the MU (aka My Unit aka your Avatar person) the strengths/flaws is explained here and they even have their own calculator where you can see what your max stats will look like with different strengths and flaws here. You can see the modifications to growth rates here.

For what to actually choose this kinda depends. On anything lower than Lunatic it kinda doesn't matter too much so go with what you like. If you're playing with the DLC (specifically the one that gives you the Limit Breaker ability) then -LCK and +Whatever is the best. That's because Luck affects any calculation such as hit and dodge rate the least (like, a fraction of your Luck stat while it uses like 3 times your Skill/Speed stat). The only thing Luck really matters for is for the Armsthrift ability but that uses 2*LCK for activation. (This is that OP ability that mean your weapon never degrades) So if you have at least 50 LCK you have 100% chance for Armsthrift activation. -LCK gets you to about 45 Luck iirc, so with Limit Breaker you can still guarantee perfect Armsthrift. And your Luck growth still still be decent to good. So there's virtually 0 downside while at the same time you can get super free +4 to your actual combat stats...

To be fair though, Limit Breaker does a lot of broken stuff. (I mean, just look at that name. How is something called Limit Breaker not horribly broken and OP??)


On March 14 2014 04:14 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Either way, his board position fking sucks. He has an undeveloped rook, he has no influence over the center, you have piece advantage, his bishop is blocked by pawns (and currently has the influence of a pawn), etc.

Just an additional note here: Since you have the more developed board and will be up in material, what you'll likely want to do is maybe open the f-pawn to avoid back rank mate (his Bishop is trapped atm so that's ok) and since his King-side Rook and remaining Knight is also trapped you can push your pawn on the a-file. There's no feasible way for him to defend it from what I can see save blocking his open Rook into the a-file behind the pawn, and at that point you can jsut go grab material with your Queen or something and win through the sheer material advantage.

EDIT: After some thought, g7 is probably much better than f7.


On March 14 2014 03:32 wei2coolman wrote:
I barely know how to play chess. :/
For a beginner is there some a short read for basic chess strategies?

If I recommended to you no other resources, I would recommend to you these two playlists.
  1. Playlist 1: I know literally 0 about chess
  2. Playlist 2: Ok, so I know what the pieces are and what notation is, but I am like Chemistry dog and have no clue wtf I am doing
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 13 2014 20:18 GMT
#28308
Who's dogfood boy
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:19:29
March 13 2014 20:18 GMT
#28309
I remember I used to play this animated computer chess game when I was pretty young. It helped me learn a lot of the basics and some tactics (my greatest memory was learning what en passant and castling were).

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

On March 14 2014 05:18 Shelke14 wrote:
Who's dogfood boy


no one important - I'm just bored

but Coma's right, not worth mentioning
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
March 13 2014 20:19 GMT
#28310
On March 14 2014 05:13 Ketara wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:00 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:50 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:23 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:12 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:01 wei2coolman wrote:
This Thorin drama with IEM is so silly. If you watch the video in whole, it wasn't even offensive.

I didn't see the video but im interested in the context of
they’ve got that existential hole of being Polish to try and fill with some esports.

Maybe, it’s like when you have the Olympics somewhere in Africa and they can all pretend they’re part of the developed world for two weeks, and then everyone just leaves and they’re still in the dirt.

and how it could not be offensive

because it's true, that's essentially what happened when Olympics gets hosted in shitholes like this Winter Olympics in Sochi.

I mean apart from truth and offensiveness not being mutually exclusive he still called someones nationality an existential hole. I'm not looking for my pitchfork i'm just pretty sure every polish person would find that offensive. Not getting paid to go to the place he shit on so much seems totally fair.

Meh, I suppose it's fair, but don't know why people so willing to take it to an extreme when it hardly was...

yeah people going overboard or calling for boycots or something are crazy. I just think its hilarious that he said that while expecting to work for carmac and co. shortly. Just imagining carmac's reaction.



Oh my god wait what is this? Somebody link me to this thing.

its not big deal but here is reddit thread and here is another article.
basically he bm's poland and IEM is immediately like no thanks stay home.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 20:21 GMT
#28311
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 20:22:09
March 13 2014 20:21 GMT
#28312
I cried during Marley and Me. And when I read the book. >.>

Also teared up when + Show Spoiler [Naruto] +
Jiraiya died and when I thought Kakashi died.

I know it's super long ago but I want to be considerate
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
March 13 2014 20:23 GMT
#28313
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker


Do you play?
TranslatorBaa!
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
March 13 2014 20:26 GMT
#28314
I've cried reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

Innocent children + grave injustice = tears.

Think that's the only time I've cried from literature or movies.
Retvrn to Forvms
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
March 13 2014 20:26 GMT
#28315
On March 14 2014 05:21 mordek wrote:
I cried during Marley and Me. And when I read the book. >.>

Also teared up when + Show Spoiler [Naruto] +
Jiraiya died and when I thought Kakashi died.

I know it's super long ago but I want to be considerate

Oh got there is a book? *prepares tissues*
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 13 2014 20:27 GMT
#28316
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.
liftlift > tsm
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 13 2014 20:30 GMT
#28317
On March 14 2014 05:27 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker

2) Mandatory dance credits suck

took dance for my arts credit in college.
my favorite class I took in college of all time.


yeah, but he's still in his "I don't want to look feminine" highschool phase
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 20:30 GMT
#28318
On March 14 2014 05:23 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker


Do you play?

Used to. I was damn good too. Would place pretty decently at like local tournaments. It's been so long now though that I don't really remember half of the game. I can barely recall how to play. I guess compared to a lot of you guys it hasn't been that long ago, but for me it was ages.
On March 14 2014 05:21 mordek wrote:
I cried during Marley and Me. And when I read the book. >.>

Also teared up when + Show Spoiler [Naruto] +
Jiraiya died and when I thought Kakashi died.

I know it's super long ago but I want to be considerate

From Naruto? NARUTO???? Mordek I know you're better than that.

I've never really cried at anything from the media, closest I get is probs Les Mis and Anohana (;;;;;
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 13 2014 20:30 GMT
#28319
Just gotta let your feet roam free like a bird and dance is fun.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
March 13 2014 20:31 GMT
#28320
On March 14 2014 05:19 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:13 Ketara wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:00 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:50 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:23 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:15 wei2coolman wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:12 ComaDose wrote:
On March 14 2014 04:01 wei2coolman wrote:
This Thorin drama with IEM is so silly. If you watch the video in whole, it wasn't even offensive.

I didn't see the video but im interested in the context of
they’ve got that existential hole of being Polish to try and fill with some esports.

Maybe, it’s like when you have the Olympics somewhere in Africa and they can all pretend they’re part of the developed world for two weeks, and then everyone just leaves and they’re still in the dirt.

and how it could not be offensive

because it's true, that's essentially what happened when Olympics gets hosted in shitholes like this Winter Olympics in Sochi.

I mean apart from truth and offensiveness not being mutually exclusive he still called someones nationality an existential hole. I'm not looking for my pitchfork i'm just pretty sure every polish person would find that offensive. Not getting paid to go to the place he shit on so much seems totally fair.

Meh, I suppose it's fair, but don't know why people so willing to take it to an extreme when it hardly was...

yeah people going overboard or calling for boycots or something are crazy. I just think its hilarious that he said that while expecting to work for carmac and co. shortly. Just imagining carmac's reaction.



Oh my god wait what is this? Somebody link me to this thing.

its not big deal but here is reddit thread and here is another article.
basically he bm's poland and IEM is immediately like no thanks stay home.


Wow. That's some old fashioned racism right there.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Prev 1 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 190
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 553
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26311
Shuttle 1079
Hyuk 416
Mini 411
firebathero 191
hero 86
Sexy 78
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
Liquid`Ret 48
Hyun 42
Trap 40
PianO 28
ToSsGirL 26
Rock 17
zelot 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10567
qojqva1511
Dendi967
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1395
crisheroes1307
Liquid`Hasu689
Other Games
FrodaN2090
fl0m1437
Beastyqt849
Grubby829
Mlord484
Hui .235
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX172
ArmadaUGS131
KnowMe125
Mew2King54
Trikslyr36
ToD23
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick330
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 1
• printf 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7926
Other Games
• Shiphtur343
• WagamamaTV248
• imaqtpie114
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 55m
INu's Battles
18h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.