• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10146 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1419

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 5162 Next
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 13 2014 21:53 GMT
#28361
If you beat all expert bots you get bonus gold.
Though One Piece always had more mature flashes at times, the background for the whole Fishmen island surprised me. Then of course he had to waste part of it with the princess' revelation.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 21:57:19
March 13 2014 21:53 GMT
#28362
On March 14 2014 06:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.

Real people suck. Seriously, they're ten times easier than the bots until you start getting higher in MMR.

I hold One Piece to a higher standard than Naruto, since I think One Piece has a far better grasp of its identity than Naruto did and isn't full of teenage angst. Seriously, Naruto is like Ninja Twilight, considering how far away they get from actual ninjas. If you look at the first couple volumes they actually seemed like ninjas, but now they just slam giant spells against each other.

Also One Piece is pretty damn funny sometimes. It just doesn't take itself too seriously like Naruto does.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 13 2014 21:54 GMT
#28363
On March 14 2014 06:50 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
I didn't like that Futurama episode. For some reason it literally gets brought up in every single Reddit thread some how even when it's a totally unrelated topic.

Congrats, you've just learned that Reddit is a giant circlejerk.
liftlift > tsm
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 13 2014 21:57 GMT
#28364
On March 14 2014 06:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.

Real people suck. Seriously, they're ten times easier than the bots until you start getting higher in MMR.

Last patch buffed the expert bots. Also, you'll very easily lose to bots if using the decks given to you at the start because they're pretty trash.

Some classes lend themselves very well to leveling though, yeah, even after grinding Warlock and Rogue to level 20 or so, leveling Warrior (4th or 5th I upped to level 10 I think) was a breeze with almost only wins because their basic set of cards is so straightforward and pretty efficient.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
March 13 2014 22:01 GMT
#28365
i enjoyed playing priest when i was starting out too. lots of good free cards.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 22:03 GMT
#28366
On March 14 2014 06:57 Alaric wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.

Real people suck. Seriously, they're ten times easier than the bots until you start getting higher in MMR.

Last patch buffed the expert bots. Also, you'll very easily lose to bots if using the decks given to you at the start because they're pretty trash.

Some classes lend themselves very well to leveling though, yeah, even after grinding Warlock and Rogue to level 20 or so, leveling Warrior (4th or 5th I upped to level 10 I think) was a breeze with almost only wins because their basic set of cards is so straightforward and pretty efficient.

Really? I never lost to the bots with any of my grinds, it always seemed that they tried to all-in too much, so I just picked a few taunts that were strong early, like Ironfur Grizzly and Senjin Shieldmasta.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
March 13 2014 22:08 GMT
#28367
aw shit skt shirt arrived, time to finally become a progamer
Bronze player stuck in platinum
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 13 2014 22:09 GMT
#28368
On March 14 2014 07:08 Nos- wrote:
aw shit skt shirt arrived, time to finally become a progamer

Im wearing my TSM shirt under my TL hoodie, how about you get on my level?
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 13 2014 22:14 GMT
#28369
On March 14 2014 07:08 Nos- wrote:
aw shit skt shirt arrived, time to finally become a progamer


pics pls!
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
March 13 2014 22:23 GMT
#28370
On March 14 2014 07:09 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 07:08 Nos- wrote:
aw shit skt shirt arrived, time to finally become a progamer

Im wearing my TSM shirt under my TL hoodie, how about you get on my level?

pics pls!

On March 14 2014 07:03 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:57 Alaric wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.

Real people suck. Seriously, they're ten times easier than the bots until you start getting higher in MMR.

Last patch buffed the expert bots. Also, you'll very easily lose to bots if using the decks given to you at the start because they're pretty trash.

Some classes lend themselves very well to leveling though, yeah, even after grinding Warlock and Rogue to level 20 or so, leveling Warrior (4th or 5th I upped to level 10 I think) was a breeze with almost only wins because their basic set of cards is so straightforward and pretty efficient.

Really? I never lost to the bots with any of my grinds, it always seemed that they tried to all-in too much, so I just picked a few taunts that were strong early, like Ironfur Grizzly and Senjin Shieldmasta.

I mean the decks you start with, not the cards you start with. They're really bad. The cards themselves are enough to let you cook decks that'll destroy the AI obv.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 13 2014 22:45 GMT
#28371
On March 14 2014 06:54 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:50 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
I didn't like that Futurama episode. For some reason it literally gets brought up in every single Reddit thread some how even when it's a totally unrelated topic.

Congrats, you've just learned that Reddit is a giant circlejerk.

I read Ishmael because it got a lot of rave reviews on Reddit for being a life-changing book.


I thought it was shitty.

(I like the Futurama Hachiko episode though.)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 13 2014 22:46 GMT
#28372
On March 14 2014 06:42 Slayer91 wrote:
theres some pretty fucking emotional shit in naruto
dont hate
that futurama episode with the dog takes the cake though

Anything trying to evoke the feels that uses dogs is cheating.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
March 13 2014 22:47 GMT
#28373
On March 14 2014 06:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:53 onlywonderboy wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;

I was grinding out the basic cards because I didn't want to play against real people and just get stomped. But then I got bored so I stopped playing anyway lol.

Real people suck. Seriously, they're ten times easier than the bots until you start getting higher in MMR.

I hold One Piece to a higher standard than Naruto, since I think One Piece has a far better grasp of its identity than Naruto did and isn't full of teenage angst. Seriously, Naruto is like Ninja Twilight, considering how far away they get from actual ninjas. If you look at the first couple volumes they actually seemed like ninjas, but now they just slam giant spells against each other.

Also One Piece is pretty damn funny sometimes. It just doesn't take itself too seriously like Naruto does.


Naruto doesn't tug at your heartstrings that much, it's standard shounen action manga, in the vein of DBZ, but without the awesome life lessons. One Piece tugs at your heart, TT Impel Down and Marineford arcs

Steam: rook492
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
March 13 2014 23:07 GMT
#28374
On March 14 2014 07:46 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:42 Slayer91 wrote:
theres some pretty fucking emotional shit in naruto
dont hate
that futurama episode with the dog takes the cake though

Anything trying to evoke the feels that uses dogs is cheating.

That episode about Fry and his lucky 7 leaf clover also came out of nowhere towards the end
Bronze player stuck in platinum
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 23:37:20
March 13 2014 23:34 GMT
#28375
Review of the new 300 movie:

gratuitous (creative) violence and slow-mo, check
historical inaccuracies and impracticalities (srsly dont think too much about it), check
random, probably unnecessary-but-Hollywood-esque sex scene, check
enough FREEDOM to make Braveheart ashamed, with vaguely Scottish accents to boot, check
homoeroticism, rampant

AKA, if the sins of the original movie are too much for you, no need to watch it. Otherwise, decent action flick.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 23:58:06
March 13 2014 23:57 GMT
#28376
On March 14 2014 05:30 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:23 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker


Do you play?

Used to. I was damn good too. Would place pretty decently at like local tournaments. It's been so long now though that I don't really remember half of the game. I can barely recall how to play. I guess compared to a lot of you guys it hasn't been that long ago, but for me it was ages.



How good is damn good? Over or under 1d? I consider "damn good" to be at least 4d+ in any ranking system(something I probably will never achieve since I don't put effort into it).

I would like it if people tried out Go instead of Chess. At least this way I know how to play Go a tiny bit better than Chess. gg thanks

Or please play mahjong on tenhou. 4player too strong. I'm pretty bad at mahjong too.
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 23:59:55
March 13 2014 23:59 GMT
#28377
Japanese scoring is too shit Tenhou blows. The most random-ass hands score a million points zz.
TranslatorBaa!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
March 14 2014 00:02 GMT
#28378
Japanese scoring for mahjong hurts my head.
liftlift > tsm
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 00:03 GMT
#28379
On March 14 2014 08:57 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 05:30 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:23 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On March 14 2014 05:21 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
1) Wei pls play Go like a classy motherfucker


Do you play?

Used to. I was damn good too. Would place pretty decently at like local tournaments. It's been so long now though that I don't really remember half of the game. I can barely recall how to play. I guess compared to a lot of you guys it hasn't been that long ago, but for me it was ages.



How good is damn good? Over or under 1d? I consider "damn good" to be at least 4d+ in any ranking system(something I probably will never achieve since I don't put effort into it).

I would like it if people tried out Go instead of Chess. At least this way I know how to play Go a tiny bit better than Chess. gg thanks

Or please play mahjong on tenhou. 4player too strong. I'm pretty bad at mahjong too.


I would also like to learn Go more. I learned it like freshman year of high school. Have spent almost 0 time playing it.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 14 2014 00:03 GMT
#28380
Soniv uses his 8k for commitment. A rarity.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Prev 1 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 40m
Online Event
6h 40m
FEL
11h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.