• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7965 users

SHOUTcraft Kings September - Page 58

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
September 19 2016 18:46 GMT
#1141
All games are out!

Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Sei Shin Casios
Profile Joined September 2014
Germany13 Posts
September 21 2016 17:20 GMT
#1142
great event once more, so sad i missed it on saturday.. hope ill make it next time!
He came like the wind, like the wind touched everyhing, and like the wind was gone.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-23 22:41:57
September 23 2016 22:39 GMT
#1143
So, finally, a week after it has been played, I was able to watch the VODs ... And I also briefly checked the forum ... funny, how many people were calling for me :-)

Well, Nerchio was really playing well when he has beaten ByuN and Maru, which probably ended any Nerchio's chances at KeSPA cup. As now, the big guns will not underestimate him and take him seriously, unlike in this Shoutcraft tournament.

Somehow, the VODs skipped the middle 5 matches, so I will definitely check the Nerchio vs. Rogue match ... and the others as well ... still, his performance was unexpected and pretty good. But it still does not mean anything serious for the offline tournament ...
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
September 23 2016 23:50 GMT
#1144
On September 24 2016 07:39 Diabolique wrote:
So, finally, a week after it has been played, I was able to watch the VODs ... And I also briefly checked the forum ... funny, how many people were calling for me :-)

Well, Nerchio was really playing well when he has beaten ByuN and Maru, which probably ended any Nerchio's chances at KeSPA cup. As now, the big guns will not underestimate him and take him seriously, unlike in this Shoutcraft tournament.

Somehow, the VODs skipped the middle 5 matches, so I will definitely check the Nerchio vs. Rogue match ... and the others as well ... still, his performance was unexpected and pretty good. But it still does not mean anything serious for the offline tournament ...


I mean by that same token Nerchio can prepare for Maru. Maru may not have been prepared for Nerchio, but neither was Nerchio prepared for Maru. If Nerchio played a standardish game against Maru and won, it means that he can win against Maru in at least a standard macro game. This is the quintessential thing that people point towards as the difference between Koreans and foreigners.

I feel that preparation for a particular person matters less the longer the game goes on. Build orders aren't particularly useful past a certain point in time, and while you can get used to a person's tendencies and weaknesses, like "he will do x at y point in time and then go onto z," it is also how the person plays.

This does not mean that Nerchio will win any of his sets or do particularly well, but I think you do need to represent both sides fairly.

(Also, I don't really support Nerchio as a I am a Protoss player and thus support almost every Protoss Korean).
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 00:52:48
September 24 2016 00:52 GMT
#1145
On September 24 2016 08:50 FrkFrJss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2016 07:39 Diabolique wrote:
So, finally, a week after it has been played, I was able to watch the VODs ... And I also briefly checked the forum ... funny, how many people were calling for me :-)

Well, Nerchio was really playing well when he has beaten ByuN and Maru, which probably ended any Nerchio's chances at KeSPA cup. As now, the big guns will not underestimate him and take him seriously, unlike in this Shoutcraft tournament.

Somehow, the VODs skipped the middle 5 matches, so I will definitely check the Nerchio vs. Rogue match ... and the others as well ... still, his performance was unexpected and pretty good. But it still does not mean anything serious for the offline tournament ...


I mean by that same token Nerchio can prepare for Maru. Maru may not have been prepared for Nerchio, but neither was Nerchio prepared for Maru. If Nerchio played a standardish game against Maru and won, it means that he can win against Maru in at least a standard macro game. This is the quintessential thing that people point towards as the difference between Koreans and foreigners.

I feel that preparation for a particular person matters less the longer the game goes on. Build orders aren't particularly useful past a certain point in time, and while you can get used to a person's tendencies and weaknesses, like "he will do x at y point in time and then go onto z," it is also how the person plays.

This does not mean that Nerchio will win any of his sets or do particularly well, but I think you do need to represent both sides fairly.

(Also, I don't really support Nerchio as a I am a Protoss player and thus support almost every Protoss Korean).

I don't mean that much that Maru will prepare for Nerchio, but more that Maru will not underestimate Nerchio.

As I believe, all Koreans are more or less seeing the foreigners as weak and bad players, this year even officially protected from the good players by the stupid system, which officially acknowledges that the foreigners can't compete with the Koreans. So any normal Korean, who does not have some intensive relationships with the foreign scene (as e.g. ByuN does) will strongly underestimate every foreigner, he has to play with. I am sure, Maru wanted to win against Nerchio and he did not, so should they play in KeSPA cup, he will take Nerchio seriously this time.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
September 24 2016 01:30 GMT
#1146
It'd be easier to just accept that Nerchio > Maru. But whatever floats your boat I guess
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
September 24 2016 05:05 GMT
#1147
On September 24 2016 09:52 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2016 08:50 FrkFrJss wrote:
On September 24 2016 07:39 Diabolique wrote:
So, finally, a week after it has been played, I was able to watch the VODs ... And I also briefly checked the forum ... funny, how many people were calling for me :-)

Well, Nerchio was really playing well when he has beaten ByuN and Maru, which probably ended any Nerchio's chances at KeSPA cup. As now, the big guns will not underestimate him and take him seriously, unlike in this Shoutcraft tournament.

Somehow, the VODs skipped the middle 5 matches, so I will definitely check the Nerchio vs. Rogue match ... and the others as well ... still, his performance was unexpected and pretty good. But it still does not mean anything serious for the offline tournament ...


I mean by that same token Nerchio can prepare for Maru. Maru may not have been prepared for Nerchio, but neither was Nerchio prepared for Maru. If Nerchio played a standardish game against Maru and won, it means that he can win against Maru in at least a standard macro game. This is the quintessential thing that people point towards as the difference between Koreans and foreigners.

I feel that preparation for a particular person matters less the longer the game goes on. Build orders aren't particularly useful past a certain point in time, and while you can get used to a person's tendencies and weaknesses, like "he will do x at y point in time and then go onto z," it is also how the person plays.

This does not mean that Nerchio will win any of his sets or do particularly well, but I think you do need to represent both sides fairly.

(Also, I don't really support Nerchio as a I am a Protoss player and thus support almost every Protoss Korean).

I don't mean that much that Maru will prepare for Nerchio, but more that Maru will not underestimate Nerchio.

As I believe, all Koreans are more or less seeing the foreigners as weak and bad players, this year even officially protected from the good players by the stupid system, which officially acknowledges that the foreigners can't compete with the Koreans. So any normal Korean, who does not have some intensive relationships with the foreign scene (as e.g. ByuN does) will strongly underestimate every foreigner, he has to play with. I am sure, Maru wanted to win against Nerchio and he did not, so should they play in KeSPA cup, he will take Nerchio seriously this time.


Ah I see. Although, (I can't say I know what the Koreans think) I don't think that the Koreans who play in the Olimoleagues would think that foreigners are bad. These might be the people who have closer ties to the foreign scene.

But yes, I'm sure that the Koreans who are familiar with the foreigners will take them seriously. Or, they'll just cheese them. I do wonder, though, if Byun will be heavily preparing for the cross finals match. If he does, it means a lot less preparation time is going into his KeSPA cup group.
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
September 24 2016 08:48 GMT
#1148
On September 24 2016 07:39 Diabolique wrote:
So, finally, a week after it has been played, I was able to watch the VODs ... And I also briefly checked the forum ... funny, how many people were calling for me :-)

Well, Nerchio was really playing well when he has beaten ByuN and Maru, which probably ended any Nerchio's chances at KeSPA cup. As now, the big guns will not underestimate him and take him seriously, unlike in this Shoutcraft tournament.

Somehow, the VODs skipped the middle 5 matches, so I will definitely check the Nerchio vs. Rogue match ... and the others as well ... still, his performance was unexpected and pretty good. But it still does not mean anything serious for the offline tournament ...




for the matches you missed
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-24 19:06:15
September 24 2016 18:53 GMT
#1149
On September 24 2016 10:30 Phredxor wrote:
It'd be easier to just accept that Nerchio > Maru. But whatever floats your boat I guess

You see, that's the difference between us :-)

You have seen Nerchio beating Maru once in an online tournament, so you think, Nerchio is better than Maru. I don't.
Maybe, you have seen Zest losing to Trap in offline Proleague finals in front of thousands of people, so you think, Trap is better than Zest. Although I am a fan of Trap, I don't think so.

Nerchio had a great run, the victories against Rogue and MyungSiK were great. But I still believe, the Koreans did not take Nerchio seriously enough. Now they will. So I do not think, he has a chance to get out of his group in KeSPA cup.

On September 24 2016 17:48 Musicus wrote:
for the matches you missed

Thanks ... Woow the game against MyungSiK ...
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Prev 1 56 57 58
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31377
Shuttle 2694
Bisu 1017
Horang2 964
Jaedong 824
Light 384
BeSt 381
firebathero 320
Hyuk 297
actioN 279
[ Show more ]
Mini 278
Soma 238
Stork 228
EffOrt 200
Zeus 197
Soulkey 171
Last 139
ggaemo 138
Leta 129
Snow 109
ZerO 100
Pusan 83
Rush 79
Killer 53
Mong 49
hero 46
Mind 36
Aegong 36
Sharp 33
Shinee 26
Bale 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
soO 20
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
Yoon 18
Terrorterran 14
PianO 14
sorry 13
JulyZerg 13
zelot 12
Free 12
HiyA 10
Trap 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc2272
qojqva1396
Dendi833
Fuzer 123
League of Legends
Reynor109
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1474
x6flipin332
markeloff43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1890
crisheroes787
Other Games
gofns27428
singsing2050
B2W.Neo503
XBOCT336
DeMusliM190
Livibee168
XaKoH 130
Liquid`LucifroN128
Mew2King117
ArmadaUGS102
QueenE90
Chillindude10
ZerO(Twitch)8
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream273
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2340
• TFBlade437
Other Games
• WagamamaTV143
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
Stellar Fest
1h 2m
OSC
12h 2m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.