• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:37
CEST 14:37
KST 21:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8650 users

[SPL] EG-TL vs Woongjin Stars R1 - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 111 112 113 Next
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 22 2012 22:56 GMT
#61
On December 23 2012 07:01 nmetasch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 03:29 OfficerRobert wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:13 faiza wrote:
Any word on who will be doing the English cast?


same casters as yesterday


Which were?

supernovamaniac and whiplash
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
December 22 2012 23:07 GMT
#62
Hope HerO and sOs does well!
Maru, TY, Clem <3
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
December 22 2012 23:23 GMT
#63
On December 23 2012 07:03 Sandermatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 03:44 KalWarkov wrote:
Zenio <Arkanoid> free
JYP <Tal'Darim Altar> Neo.G_Soulkey
Jaedong <Cloud Kingdom> ZerO
TaeJa <Planet S> hOn_sin
HerO <Ohana> Flying
PuMa <Caldeum> sHy

TaeJa <Antiga Shipyard> Neo.G_Soulkey


I think the ace would be hero.


On Antiga? Seems unlikely especially considering the fact that Woongjin's ace is Soulkey.
I would predict Taeja, maybe JD if he wins his game.
"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
nmetasch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States600 Posts
December 22 2012 23:42 GMT
#64
On December 23 2012 07:56 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:01 nmetasch wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:29 OfficerRobert wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:13 faiza wrote:
Any word on who will be doing the English cast?


same casters as yesterday


Which were?

supernovamaniac and whiplash


Never heard of either. They were on site though right? What happened to EGTL setting up proleague casts, did they lose the gig?
rasnj
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1959 Posts
December 22 2012 23:57 GMT
#65
On December 23 2012 08:42 nmetasch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 07:56 opterown wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:01 nmetasch wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:29 OfficerRobert wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:13 faiza wrote:
Any word on who will be doing the English cast?


same casters as yesterday


Which were?

supernovamaniac and whiplash


Never heard of either. They were on site though right? What happened to EGTL setting up proleague casts, did they lose the gig?


Over the last couple of hours Incontrol made some tweets that indicate that supernovamaniac (snm) and whiplash are on site and that Incontrol is not too happy with the situation. I assume this indicates that EG at least did not call for the current setup (otherwise I don't think Incontrol would voice his opinion as candidly as this):

+ Show Spoiler [Tweets] +

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
What's better: online commentators that are charismatic, renowned and knowledgeable or two unproven relatively unknown on site commentators?

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
Seriously curious. On site is HUGE but I am wondering how huge given the disparity I am seeing.

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
Lotsa people saying "new blood" and "must start somewhere" but to me starting by casting the pro league is like doing the nfl playoffs 1st

Matt Mav ‏@Mavsatwit
@EGiNcontroL That is a loaded comparison. Well known casters were once unproven as well.

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
@Mavsatwit and casted smaller events/streams building themselves up to the honor if casting the major leagues...

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
@Mavsatwit and if you think I was loaded.. What defense do you have for last nights cast? Was I unfair ?


I don't really know what supernovamaniac (snm) and whiplash are up to these days but snm used to hang around Korean streams (mostly BW) and helped moderate and often translated Korean interviews live in chat. I get the impression that he is not that excited about SC2, but I'm not completely sure on that. Whiplash used to be a part-time NA protoss player on VT. He took part in some online cups and some of the early MLGs, but have never been successful and I suppose he is retired now.
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
December 22 2012 23:59 GMT
#66
who are those new casters ?

beside the fact that they are getting a lot of hate, i enjoy those 2 guys quite a bit
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
December 23 2012 00:05 GMT
#67
Time for another win TLEG!
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
December 23 2012 00:08 GMT
#68
Dang I have Zero and JD on fantasy
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:14:21
December 23 2012 00:13 GMT
#69
Zenio>Free
JYP>Soulkey
Dong>Zero
Taeja>Sin

or

Zenio>Free
JYP>Soulkey
Dong<Zero
Taeja>Sin
Hero<Flying
Puma>Shy
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
nmetasch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States600 Posts
December 23 2012 00:14 GMT
#70
On December 23 2012 08:57 rasnj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 08:42 nmetasch wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:56 opterown wrote:
On December 23 2012 07:01 nmetasch wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:29 OfficerRobert wrote:
On December 23 2012 03:13 faiza wrote:
Any word on who will be doing the English cast?


same casters as yesterday


Which were?

supernovamaniac and whiplash


Never heard of either. They were on site though right? What happened to EGTL setting up proleague casts, did they lose the gig?


Over the last couple of hours Incontrol made some tweets that indicate that supernovamaniac (snm) and whiplash are on site and that Incontrol is not too happy with the situation. I assume this indicates that EG at least did not call for the current setup (otherwise I don't think Incontrol would voice his opinion as candidly as this):

+ Show Spoiler [Tweets] +

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
What's better: online commentators that are charismatic, renowned and knowledgeable or two unproven relatively unknown on site commentators?

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
Seriously curious. On site is HUGE but I am wondering how huge given the disparity I am seeing.

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
Lotsa people saying "new blood" and "must start somewhere" but to me starting by casting the pro league is like doing the nfl playoffs 1st

Matt Mav ‏@Mavsatwit
@EGiNcontroL That is a loaded comparison. Well known casters were once unproven as well.

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
@Mavsatwit and casted smaller events/streams building themselves up to the honor if casting the major leagues...

Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
@Mavsatwit and if you think I was loaded.. What defense do you have for last nights cast? Was I unfair ?


I don't really know what supernovamaniac (snm) and whiplash are up to these days but snm used to hang around Korean streams (mostly BW) and helped moderate and often translated Korean interviews live in chat. I get the impression that he is not that excited about SC2, but I'm not completely sure on that. Whiplash used to be a part-time NA protoss player on VT. He took part in some online cups and some of the early MLGs, but have never been successful and I suppose he is retired now.


Well, I can't imagine its possible for me to dislike a casting duo more than Doa and Moletrap, which is almost what we ended up with in the beginning, so i guess i'll give them a try... I'll probably just end up muting sound and listening to music or something though, or just listen to the Korean cast..
nmetasch
Profile Joined April 2012
United States600 Posts
December 23 2012 00:15 GMT
#71
On December 23 2012 09:08 Archers_bane wrote:
Dang I have Zero and JD on fantasy


Me too lol. Both are one shy of a 3 game streak, so at least we are guaranteed one 3 game streak bonus :D. I hope whichever one wins goes on to win ace too.
NotRandoMNamE
Profile Joined August 2012
80 Posts
December 23 2012 00:32 GMT
#72
I have Zero on main and JD on anti so Zero better beat JD or my fantasy is screwed
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:38:22
December 23 2012 00:33 GMT
#73
YOON YONG TAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEE :D

edit: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 23 2012 00:35 GMT
#74
On December 23 2012 08:59 Special Endrey wrote:
who are those new casters ?

beside the fact that they are getting a lot of hate, i enjoy those 2 guys quite a bit

I don't like Snm's sense of humour, and I found him kind of awkward many times. I liked the other guy though. I'll watch and listen to them because I don't care too much. It's not like I "learn" anything I wouldn't have otherwise known when Grubby or Artosis casts, it's mostly just the preference of who I want to hear talking.

They'll improve though, it was their first time.
Refer to my post.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
December 23 2012 00:48 GMT
#75
Zenio <Arkanoid> free
JYP <Tal'Darim Altar> Neo.G_Soulkey
Jaedong <Cloud Kingdom> ZerO
TaeJa <Planet S> hOn_sin
HerO<Ohana> Flying
PuMa <Caldeum> sHy

EG-TL 1-4 Woongjin Stars
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 00:54:30
December 23 2012 00:53 GMT
#76
On December 23 2012 09:48 Ruscour wrote:
Zenio <Arkanoid> free
JYP <Tal'Darim Altar> Neo.G_Soulkey
Jaedong <Cloud Kingdom> ZerO
TaeJa <Planet S> hOn_sin
HerO<Ohana> Flying
PuMa <Caldeum> sHy

EG-TL 1-4 Woongjin Stars


It's funny because my predictions are the complete opposite of this.

However to add to that, I think that if the score is 3-2, Shy will beat PuMa. If at that point it's 3-3, then I feel that WS will win the ace. So either EG-TL win 4-1, or lose.
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
December 23 2012 00:53 GMT
#77
Here I am... sitting 2 am at night with 2 hours to go til spl








worth it
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
December 23 2012 00:58 GMT
#78
ZvP on Arkanoid what? Have to imagine Zenio will take that one.

Zenio <Arkanoid> free
JYP <Tal'Darim Altar> Neo.G_Soulkey
Jaedong <Cloud Kingdom> ZerO
TaeJa <Planet S> hOn_sin
HerO<Ohana> Flying
PuMa <Caldeum> sHy

TaeJa <Antiga Shipyard> Neo.G_Soulkey

EG-TL wins 4-3!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
December 23 2012 01:04 GMT
#79
On December 23 2012 09:53 Facultyadjutant wrote:
Here I am... sitting 2 am at night with 2 hours to go til spl








worth it

thats how i feel about every Code S broadcast.
#TheOneTrueDong
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
December 23 2012 01:06 GMT
#80
Do we know if the new casters will be having there own observer or one of them in game to check things? Giving new people a chance is ok but if it is just the same stream TB/Mr Bitter were getting I'll be pretty disappointed they didn't just stick to the EG-TL stuff.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 111 112 113 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
Rex97
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko359
ProTech135
Rex 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45931
Hyuk 1321
Jaedong 825
Soma 429
Soulkey 382
actioN 374
EffOrt 370
Horang2 362
BeSt 332
Mini 323
[ Show more ]
Zeus 264
Last 262
Light 260
Stork 226
910 191
Larva 179
Snow 135
ggaemo 126
Rush 114
ZerO 89
Pusan 83
Mind 63
Killer 49
Creator 43
Sharp 43
Shine 38
hero 34
JYJ 31
Yoon 27
Shinee 26
Free 24
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 16
HiyA 15
Noble 14
yabsab 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7717
Dendi746
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1621
markeloff127
kRYSTAL_41
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1777
crisheroes272
Other Games
gofns45796
singsing1993
B2W.Neo680
XBOCT337
hiko281
Pyrionflax264
byalli231
DeMusliM231
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS72
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH319
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1453
Other Games
• WagamamaTV187
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
23m
The PondCast
21h 23m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.