• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:22
CEST 18:22
KST 01:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8452 users

[Code S] Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 4 - Page 274

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 272 273 274 275 276 282 Next
SuperEight
Profile Joined December 2011
United States333 Posts
October 20 2012 09:49 GMT
#5461
I'm sad about Mvp's loss. Congratulations to Life!
To rest is to rust; to be active is to achieve.
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
October 20 2012 09:49 GMT
#5462
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.


It was an exaggeration.
Roth
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany165 Posts
October 20 2012 09:49 GMT
#5463
I am so happy Life won. I somehow knew it

Also glad to see that there are some players able to beat Mvp and nice to see all the whine because Mvp lost :D
Day[9] - "That stupid ice cream truck representing happiness!"
Goshdarnit
Profile Joined August 2011
United States540 Posts
October 20 2012 09:49 GMT
#5464
On October 20 2012 18:45 Sub40APM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:43 Fjodorov wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:40 {ToT}ColmA wrote:
even terran ( or mvp fans ) have to admit that the last game had nothing to do with balance, mvp played like shit, he had an advantage and he moves out with like 80% of his army which should never be done while meching and then he lost it, reinforcing as mech is at that stage of the game close to impossible and zerg can just gain the momentum to crush u (which life did). If mvp would ve played a passive game getting his 170-200 supply timings right there would be a close to zero chance (if he doesnt screw up) to lose that game

i am pissed too that mvp lost, but blaming anyone but mvp is just retarded


Do you meant the attack where Mvp destroyed Life's 4th base while defending his own 4th base (the planetary)`?

I think Mvp thought he would be so ahead if he was 4 base against 3 base zerg even if he lost that army.

He destroy Life's 5th base. Non mining. Yes, he defended his 4th. But after that Life had a whole new roach/infestor army and MVP had half of the army he had a minute ago. It was a dumb attack.


Not sure why you are responding to people who didn't watch the actual game, or saw it on standard quality and thus couldnt see the mini-map. Anyone who watched could tell MVP got the worse end of that engagement by far, I think the units and structures lost count was like 30 lings, 5 roaches, 4 infestors, and 1 hatchto 5 thors, 3 tanks, maybe 13 SCVs, and a bunch of hellions. So essentially MVP was on even bases but with much fewer workers and 2/3 of the army he needed.
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 09:50:59
October 20 2012 09:50 GMT
#5465
On October 20 2012 18:48 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.

There are various forms of slapping


i can't find that funny and i hope you do neither. We are supposed to support this game, not wish harm to our favorite players if they loose.
Broodwar for life!
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
October 20 2012 09:50 GMT
#5466
I want to type "in before someone mentioning and start arguing about Stephano".

Looks like I'm late...
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
October 20 2012 09:50 GMT
#5467
Hmm, wonder if this will push Life's ELO over 2300?
Femari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2900 Posts
October 20 2012 09:50 GMT
#5468
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.


Because every single thing said ever should be taken literally.
Mvp | BoxeR | MarineKing | MC | viOlet | Scarlett | Flash | Bisu | XellOs | Sea | Fantasy | By.Sun
TaigaBerry
Profile Joined September 2012
United States11 Posts
October 20 2012 09:51 GMT
#5469
Literal ST_Patchzerg.

User was temp banned for this post.
KP Believer
yoshi245
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2974 Posts
October 20 2012 09:51 GMT
#5470
Bummed that MVP lost, I really wish he would have gone marine tank in at least 1 game in this series. But well earned by Life, he's truly a versatile zerg and worthy of the title.

Grats to the Royal Roader.
"Numbers speak about the past, not the present." -Thorzain
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
October 20 2012 09:51 GMT
#5471
On October 20 2012 18:50 Veldril wrote:
I want to type "in before someone mentioning and start arguing about Stephano".

Looks like I'm late...

It could be worse. As you know, all roads eventually lead to IdrA...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 09:52:42
October 20 2012 09:51 GMT
#5472
On October 20 2012 18:50 babylon wrote:
Hmm, wonder if this will push Life's ELO over 2300?


4-3? probably not.

well, it would have gone above it after the first two games, but I don't think it will settle above 2300, since mvp's ELO was a lot lower and he lost 3 games to him.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 09:52:18
October 20 2012 09:51 GMT
#5473
On October 20 2012 18:50 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:48 Big J wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.

There are various forms of slapping


i can't find that funny and i hope you do neither.

Oh come on. I'm absolutly no hooligan or something - really far from that actually. Of course I wouldn't slap him. But it's how I feel. Go back in time and really make him not make that attack.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
October 20 2012 09:52 GMT
#5474
On October 20 2012 18:50 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:48 Big J wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.

There are various forms of slapping


i can't find that funny and i hope you do neither.


Calm down, you nib-nard. I think if he saw MVP he'd be too busy worshiping the ground he walks on. He wouldn't slap him. It's just something people say.
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 09:56:09
October 20 2012 09:52 GMT
#5475
lol at people saying Life is one-dimensional.
He did more variety of plays than MVP today.

4 queen play,3hatch before pool,quick speed build,10pool.

All MVP was doing 1 rax expand into 2 stuff and did 1 CC first but still transition into the same stuff.
1: 2 Factory BF Hellions with Reactor and Tech Lab into Mech.
2: 1/1/1 into Hellions +Banshee into Mech.

People should noted that MVP never even attempted to try pure bio or standard bio/tank.
No 11/11 2 rax or 12/13 rax.
No quick triple orbital.

Hence the games seem boring.
Play your best
Mithhaike
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Singapore2759 Posts
October 20 2012 09:52 GMT
#5476
I called it! Life win....it always does.
Mew Mew Pew Pew
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
October 20 2012 09:52 GMT
#5477
They finally gave Squirtle a trophy to kiss

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Chill Penguin
Profile Joined March 2012
Australia756 Posts
October 20 2012 09:53 GMT
#5478
On October 20 2012 18:50 Cele wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:48 Big J wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:47 Cele wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:43 Chill Penguin wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:25 Big J wrote:
I wanna go back to that moment Mvp had this brainfart thought of pushing through the middle with a thorbased - A THORBASED as in "LATEGAMESETUP, DON'T PUSH RIGHT NOW" - army to kill a hatchery, not even drones, just a hatchery. I wanna go back and slap him. Really hard in his face. Tell him that this isn't ladder. That this is a GSL finals. A deciding game. You don't flip a coin like that against the best opponent in the world.
I really want to slap him for that, make him not do that push, win that trophy.


This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I feel so frustrated because I wanted him to win so bad, but at the same time I'm comforted that he lost due to poor play and not due to any balance shenanigans.


If you want to hurt your "favorite" player of whom you are a "fan" physically for not fulfilling your projection of sc2 ego you should visit a shrink. Im dead serious. Thats hooligan behavior.

There are various forms of slapping


i can't find that funny and i hope you do neither. We are supposed to support this game, not wish harm to our favorite players if they loose.


Honestly not sure if you're trolling, or you've got internet aspergers.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-20 10:01:08
October 20 2012 09:53 GMT
#5479
On October 20 2012 18:37 snafoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 18:32 IMBAkorean wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:31 Mackus wrote:
On October 20 2012 18:30 dynwar7 wrote:
So guys, when is GSL season 5? Is it in about 2-3months?


Next week lmao

:/ seasons are so close together. There should be a 2 month off season


Finals are at IPL, that's why this season in particular is starting quickly.


More to the point, they lost three weeks of available GSL production time from the 2012 calendar by broadcasting WCS Korea, and they still want to deliver five seasons of the GSL individual league (as promised), plus another Blizzard Cup-style tournament, all within 2012. Thus, they're compressing the remaining GSL schedule as much as they can. (There could have been a week's break here, but the outcry over the initial plan of having Code S Ro8 -> Finals at IPL5 was too strong.)

Edit: On another note, looking at the GSL Rankings, Life's win here keeps the race for the top spot in 2012 fairly open. With the way the points decay works, even someone like MKP (currently #12) has a chance at getting to #1 at the close of Season 5.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 20 2012 09:53 GMT
#5480
On October 20 2012 18:52 Fionn wrote:
They finally gave Squirtle a trophy to kiss

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


" at least I can pretend I won "
Prev 1 272 273 274 275 276 282 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 83
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 548
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 0
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi949
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
B2W.Neo963
FrodaN932
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 40
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur244
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 38m
INu's Battles
19h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.