• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:22
CEST 07:22
KST 14:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9839 users

[IEM] Sao Paulo - Day (insert number) - Page 92

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 97 Next
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
February 08 2012 22:55 GMT
#1821
IEM finishing lines up directly with KW starting. And I'm supposed to be doing work
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
February 08 2012 22:56 GMT
#1822
On February 09 2012 07:52 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:51 Titorelli wrote:
Have Hasu and Socke been casting all day long on the German stream?


No, Socke joined in quite late, Hasu was basically on all day, though, casting with Naruto, DBS and SaltTheWound.

wtf?! okay guys if you are from Germany or if you understand basic German GO WATCH IT! Such great, great casting. Srsly even much better than Tastetosis
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
February 08 2012 22:56 GMT
#1823
On February 09 2012 07:46 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:45 Bagi wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:38 KroN wrote:
i watched many of the EG practise with demuslin and he plays like a boss normally, super strong... and now he makes pretty sloppy mistakes, i guess its nerves because he had not that much tournaments lately? dunno

A good player is also one that forces the opponent out of their comfort zone and forces them to make mistakes. Its not necessarily a failure by Demuslim, it could be smart unpredictable moves by his opponents.

Imho Demuslim rolling his practice opponents if fine and good, but if he still doesn't look too impressive in real tournaments, maybe he needs better practice partners? Food for thought, I would be shocked if he took this tournament even though he wins most of his practice games.


Better practice partners don't help you with nerves.

He loses every day in practice as well.. as long as that is the case it is productive.


Demuslim is scared to lose, that's why he gets nervous. I remember back when he had really good stats on EU, he was "scared to ladder" and only played when he felt in very good shape to keep those stats very high.
He must play a bit more loose (try new builds, new play styles), and accept the fact that he won't win every game.

Shawngood
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany473 Posts
February 08 2012 22:59 GMT
#1824
On February 09 2012 07:55 mvtaylor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:51 Rulker wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:48 dragonborn wrote:
group A: 1.SuperNoVa 2.DarkForce

group B: 1.Feast 2.DeMusliM

so... SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM - Feast vs DarkForce ?

nope

random draw of any two players except from the saem group


I really don't think this is true. In every previous IEM except New York they've had A winner vs B second and B winner vs A second.

I've got to say, I'd rather it was random draw on which group gets matched up with which as I don't want to see SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM in the ro8. Give him viOlet or Ret (assuming they win C or D) and I'd say he has a better chance.

It is right though and we have been doing this ever since Intel Extreme Masters had games with four groups. For tournaments with just two groups we obviously put teams/players from group A against teams/players from group B.
@ESL_Shawn
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
February 08 2012 23:06 GMT
#1825
On February 09 2012 07:59 Shawngood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:55 mvtaylor wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:51 Rulker wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:48 dragonborn wrote:
group A: 1.SuperNoVa 2.DarkForce

group B: 1.Feast 2.DeMusliM

so... SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM - Feast vs DarkForce ?

nope

random draw of any two players except from the saem group


I really don't think this is true. In every previous IEM except New York they've had A winner vs B second and B winner vs A second.

I've got to say, I'd rather it was random draw on which group gets matched up with which as I don't want to see SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM in the ro8. Give him viOlet or Ret (assuming they win C or D) and I'd say he has a better chance.

It is right though and we have been doing this ever since Intel Extreme Masters had games with four groups. For tournaments with just two groups we obviously put teams/players from group A against teams/players from group B.


Darn, thought as much. Read through your rule book to see if I could find a rule but didn't see anything. Did see a rule saying players must be 16 years old to compete in IEM events though lol. Out of interest why were the brackets at IEM New York not done as Winner A vs Second B etc

Back on topic, well, congrats on getting through DeMu. Now you just have to beat a Korean Terran and tournament favourite in a best of five to advance. Hmm.
@followMVT
Falconblade
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 23:07:05
February 08 2012 23:06 GMT
#1826
On February 09 2012 07:59 Shawngood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:55 mvtaylor wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:51 Rulker wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:48 dragonborn wrote:
group A: 1.SuperNoVa 2.DarkForce

group B: 1.Feast 2.DeMusliM

so... SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM - Feast vs DarkForce ?

nope

random draw of any two players except from the saem group


I really don't think this is true. In every previous IEM except New York they've had A winner vs B second and B winner vs A second.

I've got to say, I'd rather it was random draw on which group gets matched up with which as I don't want to see SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM in the ro8. Give him viOlet or Ret (assuming they win C or D) and I'd say he has a better chance.

It is right though and we have been doing this ever since Intel Extreme Masters had games with four groups. For tournaments with just two groups we obviously put teams/players from group A against teams/players from group B.


Thanks for the heads up.

DeMusliM must be unhappy having Nova..
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 08 2012 23:06 GMT
#1827
I am wondering why are Snute and Illusion ahead of Feast in the 'Who's gifted' poll ... Aside from that I am dissapointed I couldn't watch more of the games. Watch Feast spank DeMuslim should have been something to see. Now we must not have too many zergs progressing tomorrow and everything will be fine.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
February 08 2012 23:08 GMT
#1828
On February 09 2012 07:46 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:45 Bagi wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:38 KroN wrote:
i watched many of the EG practise with demuslin and he plays like a boss normally, super strong... and now he makes pretty sloppy mistakes, i guess its nerves because he had not that much tournaments lately? dunno

A good player is also one that forces the opponent out of their comfort zone and forces them to make mistakes. Its not necessarily a failure by Demuslim, it could be smart unpredictable moves by his opponents.

Imho Demuslim rolling his practice opponents if fine and good, but if he still doesn't look too impressive in real tournaments, maybe he needs better practice partners? Food for thought, I would be shocked if he took this tournament even though he wins most of his practice games.


Better practice partners don't help you with nerves.

He loses every day in practice as well.. as long as that is the case it is productive.

Dude I love watching your practice games, and I agree it does probably help Demuslim improve as a player overall more than just ladder for sure.

However I can't help to think that most of his losses are just BO losses and strategic mistakes, mostly because Demuslim seems a little better than the rest of you guys (no offense). I would say what he needs right now is a the harsh training of a place like the Korean ladder, where he can refine his mechanics and truly become a top player instead of just one who wins a lot of practice games in predefined conditions. I definitely feel like Ben is a top player but I don't think he will peak until he takes the leap and fully commits into becoming the best player he possibly can.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
February 08 2012 23:10 GMT
#1829
On February 09 2012 08:06 Otolia wrote:
I am wondering why are Snute and Illusion ahead of Feast in the 'Who's gifted' poll ... Aside from that I am dissapointed I couldn't watch more of the games. Watch Feast spank DeMuslim should have been something to see. Now we must not have too many zergs progressing tomorrow and everything will be fine.

Illuson did play really well in the ONOG tournament, that was offline though its kinda different.

Snute.... I have no idea why people think he is good.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-08 23:12:07
February 08 2012 23:11 GMT
#1830
On February 09 2012 08:06 Falconblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 07:59 Shawngood wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:55 mvtaylor wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:51 Rulker wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:48 dragonborn wrote:
group A: 1.SuperNoVa 2.DarkForce

group B: 1.Feast 2.DeMusliM

so... SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM - Feast vs DarkForce ?

nope

random draw of any two players except from the saem group


I really don't think this is true. In every previous IEM except New York they've had A winner vs B second and B winner vs A second.

I've got to say, I'd rather it was random draw on which group gets matched up with which as I don't want to see SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM in the ro8. Give him viOlet or Ret (assuming they win C or D) and I'd say he has a better chance.

It is right though and we have been doing this ever since Intel Extreme Masters had games with four groups. For tournaments with just two groups we obviously put teams/players from group A against teams/players from group B.


Thanks for the heads up.

DeMusliM must be unhappy having Nova..


Uh, what? He doesn't "have Nova", it's going to be a random draw.
Falconblade
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1035 Posts
February 08 2012 23:12 GMT
#1831
On February 09 2012 08:11 StarVe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 08:06 Falconblade wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:59 Shawngood wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:55 mvtaylor wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:51 Rulker wrote:
On February 09 2012 07:48 dragonborn wrote:
group A: 1.SuperNoVa 2.DarkForce

group B: 1.Feast 2.DeMusliM

so... SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM - Feast vs DarkForce ?

nope

random draw of any two players except from the saem group


I really don't think this is true. In every previous IEM except New York they've had A winner vs B second and B winner vs A second.

I've got to say, I'd rather it was random draw on which group gets matched up with which as I don't want to see SuperNoVa vs DeMusliM in the ro8. Give him viOlet or Ret (assuming they win C or D) and I'd say he has a better chance.

It is right though and we have been doing this ever since Intel Extreme Masters had games with four groups. For tournaments with just two groups we obviously put teams/players from group A against teams/players from group B.


Thanks for the heads up.

DeMusliM must be unhappy having Nova..


Uh, what? He doesn't "have Nova" it's a random draw.


Err I misread his comment, wasn't sure what he was asserting was ther ight one, the first bloke he quoted or 2nd.


Yay 1in 3 Nova.
RJGooner
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2079 Posts
February 08 2012 23:14 GMT
#1832
On February 09 2012 08:06 Otolia wrote:
I am wondering why are Snute and Illusion ahead of Feast in the 'Who's gifted' poll ... Aside from that I am dissapointed I couldn't watch more of the games. Watch Feast spank DeMuslim should have been something to see. Now we must not have too many zergs progressing tomorrow and everything will be fine.


Feast didn't really "spank" DeMusliM, game 1 could have gone either way and game 2 DeMusliM had a fairly large advantage for a lot of the game.
#1 Jaehoon Fan! 김재훈 화팅!
Leifish
Profile Joined July 2011
851 Posts
February 08 2012 23:18 GMT
#1833
Apparently this Feast guy is pretty good.
Takuna
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany332 Posts
February 08 2012 23:18 GMT
#1834
On February 08 2012 21:51 Takuna wrote:
Hey guys.

Done with GSL, so lets go on with some IEM :D

Darkforce fighting! (Too lazy to look up right Capitalization)
Devil terran fighting!
Feast fighting!



I'm quite happy with the results
The spirits move me.
HyunA
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania362 Posts
February 08 2012 23:22 GMT
#1835
is day1 over?
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
February 08 2012 23:22 GMT
#1836
Is it over?
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
February 08 2012 23:24 GMT
#1837
yup
Ahtin
Profile Joined July 2011
Brazil64 Posts
February 08 2012 23:25 GMT
#1838
Yeah it's over;
You can't say TL;DR without TL
SASBC
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil101 Posts
February 08 2012 23:33 GMT
#1839
I present to all of you another brazilian player - Dakkon.

Look at his liquipedia page ( http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/DakkoN ) and see all of his accomplishments during his BW and SC2 career ( which equals to zero ) and his model photo. Don`t fall in love, girls!
KingOfAmerica
Profile Joined April 2011
United States246 Posts
February 08 2012 23:42 GMT
#1840
On February 09 2012 08:08 Bagi wrote:

However I can't help to think that most of his losses are just BO losses and strategic mistakes, mostly because Demuslim seems a little better than the rest of you guys (no offense). I would say what he needs right now is a the harsh training of a place like the Korean ladder, where he can refine his mechanics and truly become a top player instead of just one who wins a lot of practice games in predefined conditions. I definitely feel like Ben is a top player but I don't think he will peak until he takes the leap and fully commits into becoming the best player he possibly can.


not trying to troll here, but that is just objectively wrong. I watch every game from this guy. If anything, Demuslim tends to get way ahead in the early game. I think the nerves get to him in the late game. Game 2 with feast is a prime example

Also if you watch his streams, he is constantly practicing against top guys like Ret and Sheth, not just the EG players. And the EG practice environment is pretty solid, they play against lots of people and get good feedback. His quality of competition is absolutely not the problem.

My personal thought is that Ben just hates losing, and that gives him problems at live events. Not sure how you overcome that, and it is unfortunate given how long he has been involved in professional gaming. If you look at his player cam he looks so nervous sometimes. I think it would be worth it for EG to spring for a sports therapist or something.

Anyways I am really pulling for him tomorrow, great dude.
The nukes gonna land on his aarrrrmmmmyyy AHHHHH
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 97 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2037
Snow 150
910 29
Bale 27
ZergMaN 18
Noble 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1118
C9.Mang0161
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1178
WinterStarcraft617
Other Games
summit1g7956
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft317
ArmadaUGS143
Maynarde135
Sick124
RuFF_SC295
Livibee60
ViBE58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Lourlo1380
• Rush1132
• Stunt389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 38m
OSC
7h 38m
Stellar Fest
7h 38m
OSC
18h 38m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.