• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:58
CEST 03:58
KST 10:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8786 users

[GSL] Arena of Legends Finals - Page 24

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
Mioraka
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada1353 Posts
October 02 2011 09:28 GMT
#461
On October 02 2011 18:21 Eishi_Ki wrote:
Heh, yeah, I did watch GSL Season 2, thanks to the members of Club 2010 for reminding me about that. Yes, I did watch MKP vs Kyrix (live) and yes, I enjoyed the game, did it startle me though? No, no it didn't (maybe experience of BW talking).

Was that series entertaining? I guess some people did. I did not. DRG made mistakes certainly but I'd prefer to watch a match where gimmick, abusive strategies were not utilised.

Well done MKP. Commentators were not interested, nor am I.

Time for bed.


"I watched the game, but I dont understand why it changed the entire TvZ matchup because I played BW, a better game!"

Sick argument there bro, good job mixing up opinions from facts.

eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
October 02 2011 09:28 GMT
#462
On October 02 2011 18:24 HaXXspetten wrote:
Wow MKP actually won a tournament? Anyone got a full live report of what happened? (Don't feel like reading through 23 pages -.-)

Well, it's not an official GSL and only a special event, so it's fine for Kongs to win it. YellOw's "Special Event King" powers transferring to MKP in addition to his Kong curse.

Also, there is a lot of misunderstanding going around about MKP in this LR thread. He is a solid Terran player, with solid micro and macro to accompany his sometimes highly stylistic play.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 09:29:24
October 02 2011 09:28 GMT
#463
On October 02 2011 18:24 HaXXspetten wrote:
Wow MKP actually won a tournament? Anyone got a full live report of what happened? (Don't feel like reading through 23 pages -.-)


game 1:

MKP tries stim/shield +1 timing. DRG crushes it and picks him apart till gg

game 2:

MKP goes 2 rax double expo double ebay. DRG doesn't do anything to it, MKP gets to about 170 sup and 3-3. pushes and wins.

game 3:

MKP goes double reactor hellions, DRG just dies.

game 4:

MKP goes marines + blueflame. DRG just dies.

game 5:

MKP goes mass redflame hellions + follow up banshee. DRG just dies
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
October 02 2011 09:29 GMT
#464
On October 02 2011 18:22 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:21 jjhchsc2 wrote:
wow congratz MKP!!!!
CHYEA
cant believe he beat drg in dual sight, taldarim and belshir.

How were the games?


The games were excellent. Now if mkp only fixes his tvt, which is mainly caused by his refusal to go mech, he'd be back to being a boss in no time! His tvz and tvp and still good, but his tvt is still awful right now. I don't know how many times he needs to lose bio vs mech before he realizes it doesn't work and goes mech himself. Hopefully one day he will learn.


Didn't he beat MMA in the semi finals? i didnt watch any of the games but it was a 3-0 sweep from the results.

also reading through this LR is quite painful with alot of hatred and whining towards MKP.

Guess haters are gonna hate....
-.-
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
noddy
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom927 Posts
October 02 2011 09:29 GMT
#465
What I find funny is most people who call MKP gimmicky are huge fans of MMA who completely falls apart when his drops get shut down

He does a lot of timings yes, that's him being smart. MVP does a lot of timings too. Most Terrans... do a lot of timings. It's just that in MarineKing/MVP's case it usually ends the game since they have incredible micro.
MrKn4rz
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2153 Posts
October 02 2011 09:29 GMT
#466
On October 02 2011 18:26 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:22 DivinitySC2 wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 Maghetti wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:02 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I still dont get why people like MKP, what has he actually done to inspire people so? Is it the mass marines thing? Does no one else think marines are one of the most boring units in the game?

Or do people just feel sorry for him?

I dont get it

I agree completely. I feel like I'm in bizarro world where this boring gimmicky abusive 1 baser has a huge fan base. I feel confident in saying if mkp played the way he plays now(now being since the earl seasons where he got popular with marine splits) people would hate him.


Watch this,



Your world wont be as bizzare.

I have seen as 90+% of his games in tournaments, I don't see to see more of his play to know what he does very detailed. I hate it. I hate everything about his play.

Stop posting. We get it.
"We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly around here..."
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
October 02 2011 09:29 GMT
#467
I don't understand why MKP is receiving so much hate. He played very well, all his builds were different. He basically won three games with hellions, but he did it in a different way each time. DRG just got outplayed, he even knew the elevator was coming in the last game - well that or a drop and he wasn't prepared for either. MKP just got in his head game 3 and the series was already over after that. It was pretty spectacular to see the "supposed" best ZvT in the world get crushed. I'd put my money on it that Nestea would've beaten him again had they met in this finals. Either way.

Gogo MKP!!
Hi
Loodah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
335 Posts
October 02 2011 09:29 GMT
#468
On October 02 2011 18:22 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:21 jjhchsc2 wrote:
wow congratz MKP!!!!
CHYEA
cant believe he beat drg in dual sight, taldarim and belshir.

How were the games?


The games were excellent. Now if mkp only fixes his tvt, which is mainly caused by his refusal to go mech, he'd be back to being a boss in no time! His tvz and tvp and still good, but his tvt is still awful right now. I don't know how many times he needs to lose bio vs mech before he realizes it doesn't work and goes mech himself. Hopefully one day he will learn.


He destroyed MMA to get to the finals - MKP's tvt is just fine.
snafoo
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand1615 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#469
On October 02 2011 18:25 usethis2 wrote:
I didn't get to watch (didn't pay) but I posted in previous round that if MKP advances to final he would beat DRG. MKP is in my eyes #1 TvZ player. You need not see further than his series v. Leenock where he basically beats Leenock with marines, marines, and more marines.



mmm, i don't know about #1, but he's definitely up there. I still can't forget his Code A games against Slayers_Yugioh, they wern't too pretty
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#470
On October 02 2011 18:17 noddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:14 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
So yeah....anyone still putting much stock in AoL lol? MKP 4-1 arguably the strongest zvt in the world. 3-0 MMA. DRG easily 2-0s MVP. Something is fishy


Yeah, its about as credible as MLG.

Comments like this are dumb. Progamers dont play to lose.


Well apparently they aren't playing very hard to win. Nearly all of these games are oddly below expectation of the player. Why is that? Comparing this to MLG is foolish, they play standard there, sometimes better than at the gsl (probably because of the large audience). This just feels like a practice code-S. Fucking lame.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#471
On October 02 2011 18:29 Loodah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:22 Canucklehead wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 jjhchsc2 wrote:
wow congratz MKP!!!!
CHYEA
cant believe he beat drg in dual sight, taldarim and belshir.

How were the games?


The games were excellent. Now if mkp only fixes his tvt, which is mainly caused by his refusal to go mech, he'd be back to being a boss in no time! His tvz and tvp and still good, but his tvt is still awful right now. I don't know how many times he needs to lose bio vs mech before he realizes it doesn't work and goes mech himself. Hopefully one day he will learn.


He destroyed MMA to get to the finals - MKP's tvt is just fine.


That series was about the worst TvT in the GSL lol
Mioraka
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada1353 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#472
I think after the change, terminus is quickly becoming the least favourite map for Zergs.........I think it's actually very imbalanced the way it is right now.
DivinitySC2
Profile Joined July 2011
United States244 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#473
On October 02 2011 18:26 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:22 DivinitySC2 wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 Maghetti wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:02 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I still dont get why people like MKP, what has he actually done to inspire people so? Is it the mass marines thing? Does no one else think marines are one of the most boring units in the game?

Or do people just feel sorry for him?

I dont get it

I agree completely. I feel like I'm in bizarro world where this boring gimmicky abusive 1 baser has a huge fan base. I feel confident in saying if mkp played the way he plays now(now being since the earl seasons where he got popular with marine splits) people would hate him.


Watch this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrUVkxMjPA

Your world wont be as bizzare.

I have seen as 90+% of his games in tournaments, I don't see to see more of his play to know what he does very detailed. I hate it. I hate everything about his play.


Well u are completly entitled to hate him, we all have players we don't like of course.

But dont label him as a gimicky 1 base player, he actually is more known for 1 rax expanding.

To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#474
On October 02 2011 18:29 jjhchsc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:22 Canucklehead wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 jjhchsc2 wrote:
wow congratz MKP!!!!
CHYEA
cant believe he beat drg in dual sight, taldarim and belshir.

How were the games?


The games were excellent. Now if mkp only fixes his tvt, which is mainly caused by his refusal to go mech, he'd be back to being a boss in no time! His tvz and tvp and still good, but his tvt is still awful right now. I don't know how many times he needs to lose bio vs mech before he realizes it doesn't work and goes mech himself. Hopefully one day he will learn.


Didn't he beat MMA in the semi finals? i didnt watch any of the games but it was a 3-0 sweep from the results.

also reading through this LR is quite painful with alot of hatred and whining towards MKP.

Guess haters are gonna hate....
-.-


He beat him because Mech is back to no longer being the insanely strong strat that it was when MKP fell down to code A. Now it is completely viable and maybe even better to just do multi tasking bio in TvT.
Wedberg
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden169 Posts
October 02 2011 09:30 GMT
#475
In true GSL fashion, the finals were terribly one-sided...

MKP winning makes up for it though. ^.^
noddy
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom927 Posts
October 02 2011 09:32 GMT
#476
On October 02 2011 18:30 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:17 noddy wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:14 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
So yeah....anyone still putting much stock in AoL lol? MKP 4-1 arguably the strongest zvt in the world. 3-0 MMA. DRG easily 2-0s MVP. Something is fishy


Yeah, its about as credible as MLG.

Comments like this are dumb. Progamers dont play to lose.


Well apparently they aren't playing very hard to win. Nearly all of these games are oddly below expectation of the player. Why is that? Comparing this to MLG is foolish, they play standard there, sometimes better than at the gsl (probably because of the large audience). This just feels like a practice code-S. Fucking lame.


This format is the same as MLG. People didn't get time to prepare for their opponents, therefore they didn't play as well as they would usually. They still played standard.
rushian
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 09:34:00
October 02 2011 09:32 GMT
#477
I hate the term "abusive". You perceive a player has a weakness , you try to exploit it, that's good play. Well done marineking.

DRG did not play well today, I don't know if the dual sight game tilted him but his play fell away after that
"Love every protoss unit" - oGsMC
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
October 02 2011 09:33 GMT
#478
On October 02 2011 18:25 sunman1g wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:22 DivinitySC2 wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 Maghetti wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:02 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I still dont get why people like MKP, what has he actually done to inspire people so? Is it the mass marines thing? Does no one else think marines are one of the most boring units in the game?

Or do people just feel sorry for him?

I dont get it

I agree completely. I feel like I'm in bizarro world where this boring gimmicky abusive 1 baser has a huge fan base. I feel confident in saying if mkp played the way he plays now(now being since the earl seasons where he got popular with marine splits) people would hate him.


Watch this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrUVkxMjPA

Your world wont be as bizzare.


you should not even reply to some of these people.

a dude claiming that MKP is a "gimmicky abusive 1 baser" when he basically popularized the 1 rax expand and was ALREADY expanding in season2/3 where all the other terrans were 1 basing...

this guy obviously does not watch the GSL or he's seriously uninformed

I have seen almost the entirely of GSL. I have missed a few games here and there but 99% of GSL I have seen. I call him a gimmicky abusive 1 baser not because everything he does is a gimmicky abusive 1 base play but because he does many gimmicky strategies, many abusive strategies, and many 1 base strategies. He can play a straight up game just fine, that just makes it more annoying when he does such a high rate of really lame builds.

He is famous for mass marine vs banes. This is the definition of a gimmicky play. He is famous for base trades. For MMM vs zerg and vs terran(both gimmicky). He does stuff like double reactored hellions, or 2port banshee a lot. He was very well known for 2 rax with scv pull. He does the 1/1/1 quite a lot. I can go on all day with this.
Biane
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia645 Posts
October 02 2011 09:35 GMT
#479
On October 02 2011 18:30 DivinitySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 18:26 Maghetti wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:22 DivinitySC2 wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:21 Maghetti wrote:
On October 02 2011 18:02 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I still dont get why people like MKP, what has he actually done to inspire people so? Is it the mass marines thing? Does no one else think marines are one of the most boring units in the game?

Or do people just feel sorry for him?

I dont get it

I agree completely. I feel like I'm in bizarro world where this boring gimmicky abusive 1 baser has a huge fan base. I feel confident in saying if mkp played the way he plays now(now being since the earl seasons where he got popular with marine splits) people would hate him.


Watch this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrUVkxMjPA

Your world wont be as bizzare.

I have seen as 90+% of his games in tournaments, I don't see to see more of his play to know what he does very detailed. I hate it. I hate everything about his play.


Well u are completly entitled to hate him, we all have players we don't like of course.

But dont label him as a gimicky 1 base player, he actually is more known for 1 rax expanding.



Don't bother with Maghetti. I have had detailed arguments/discussions with him in previous LR threads concerning MKP before and they're all the "same" MKP hate/1 base gimmick things. Check my profile if you want to see them.
Deleted User 183001
Profile Joined May 2011
2939 Posts
October 02 2011 09:36 GMT
#480
YES!!!!!!!! MKP's first GSL victory after 3 second places!! BEAUTIFUL!!
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft459
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft459
WinterStarcraft279
RuFF_SC2 131
PiLiPiLi 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1083
White-Ra 152
Hyuk 58
Noble 53
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4818
Counter-Strike
taco 565
minikerr19
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor687
Other Games
summit1g7763
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0279
ViBE66
ArmadaUGS52
Mew2King43
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick631
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21407
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 2m
Online Event
9h 2m
FEL
14h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.