• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:28
CEST 13:28
KST 20:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12743 users

NCIX UBC StarCraft Cup #2 - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-25 20:56:20
May 25 2011 20:52 GMT
#61
On May 26 2011 05:45 ZergBonjwa wrote:
So if you're a code a or b player and you make it to the next day do you play against the code s players? If so why is there money for code A winners and stuff. Kind of confused on the format.

From the first day, the winners of code a and b are determined and prizes will go toward those 2 winners. We're also giving the low-level players a chance to play with higher-leveled players, just for fun. How far you get on the second day doesn't determine anything.

Maybe wording is a little confusing, I'll work to clear this up a little in the OP
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
May 25 2011 20:54 GMT
#62
sounds like a pretty sick tournament! I'd sign up as a "unranked" player but I'll be in China by then =(
SCV good to go sir
adrenaLinG
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada676 Posts
May 26 2011 03:33 GMT
#63
On May 26 2011 05:54 CheAse wrote:
sounds like a pretty sick tournament! I'd sign up as a "unranked" player but I'll be in China by then =(

wow dodge more
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
May 26 2011 05:43 GMT
#64
I will try, but my attendance is work-dependant which is weather-dependant. Would it be optimal for you guys to not sign up until I'm sure I can go, or to sign up now and cancel a registration if I cant? Also, how deep is the desk space? I ask because I play from my laptop but with a usb mouse and keyboard, and if the desk space isn't deep enough I have to set my keyboard to the side to use the laptop screen properly (surprisingly easy, but still annoying).
Puporing
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada44 Posts
May 26 2011 06:03 GMT
#65
On May 26 2011 14:43 TheHumanSensation wrote:
I will try, but my attendance is work-dependant which is weather-dependant. Would it be optimal for you guys to not sign up until I'm sure I can go, or to sign up now and cancel a registration if I cant? Also, how deep is the desk space? I ask because I play from my laptop but with a usb mouse and keyboard, and if the desk space isn't deep enough I have to set my keyboard to the side to use the laptop screen properly (surprisingly easy, but still annoying).


You can just register now and leave a comment on the form saying there's a chance you might not make it. And let us know as soon as possible if you have to cancel by emailing us This would apply to anyone that registered, it helps us greatly to know how much food to order so we don't end up wasting.

Check out one of the main venues here: http://tinyurl.com/6dzdvky . The desks are large enough to fit both your laptop and keyboard in line and that was mainly why we chose the room

Hope this helps.
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
ZergBonjwa
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada104 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-26 14:51:51
May 26 2011 14:51 GMT
#66
Nvm
頑張れ
sYstim
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada161 Posts
May 27 2011 23:11 GMT
#67
i might come if theres a guaranteed desktop i can use
Cocoba
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada352 Posts
May 27 2011 23:16 GMT
#68
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC
:D
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 02:02:34
May 28 2011 02:02 GMT
#69
On May 28 2011 08:11 sYstim wrote:
i might come if theres a guaranteed desktop i can use

Talk to tQWannaBe, or I can ask him if you want, because he's bringing 2 desktops, one for himself and one for ppl to share :D

On May 28 2011 08:16 Cocoba wrote:
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC

Yes UBC is kind of a big deal xD
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
May 28 2011 02:09 GMT
#70
On May 28 2011 08:16 Cocoba wrote:
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC


I like UBC a lot as well considering I go there...but I am curious, from a high-schooler's perspective who actually doesn't go to ubc, why exactly is it amazing? If starcraft is a bonus, then what makes up the main good part about UBC? Specifically what's good about it?

Ever since that lipdub video I am seeing a lot of "omg ubc is absolutely incredible/amazing"...and don't get me wrong I think it's a great school and all...but I am curious why people are saying it's so good...specifically those who don't even go to UBC and don't know what the experience is like.
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 03:10:54
May 28 2011 03:04 GMT
#71
For starters, they're the only university in BC that I know of that has agricultural courses.

Also, it does, Puporing, thank you.
ZergBonjwa
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada104 Posts
May 28 2011 03:28 GMT
#72
UBC is basically the best school in BC, can't really go wrong.
頑張れ
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
May 28 2011 04:25 GMT
#73
You know your club is cool when THE MATH CLUB SPONSORS YOUR EVENT lol
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Rareware
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada340 Posts
May 28 2011 05:10 GMT
#74
On May 28 2011 13:25 CanucksJC wrote:
You know your club is cool when THE MATH CLUB SPONSORS YOUR EVENT lol


Math Club Hwaiting!!!
ROOT Fighting!!!
Puporing
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada44 Posts
May 28 2011 05:13 GMT
#75
On May 28 2011 11:09 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 08:16 Cocoba wrote:
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC


I like UBC a lot as well considering I go there...but I am curious, from a high-schooler's perspective who actually doesn't go to ubc, why exactly is it amazing? If starcraft is a bonus, then what makes up the main good part about UBC? Specifically what's good about it?

Ever since that lipdub video I am seeing a lot of "omg ubc is absolutely incredible/amazing"...and don't get me wrong I think it's a great school and all...but I am curious why people are saying it's so good...specifically those who don't even go to UBC and don't know what the experience is like.


You'll need to get more than a handful of UBC'ers perspective to give UBC its rightful place It's a big and beautiful campus, I cannot think of another campus endowed with such a geographical location. We're known for a diverse campus population, and from that spawns a lot of different and unique ideas/program and drives international projects and collaborations like our exchange program, asian/africa studies. Tons of clubs also showcase this diversity. We're strong in sports and have our own competitions. UBC has always been the leader in sustainable development in North America being the first campus to initiate a sustainable campus initiative and opening the most high performance green building in NA this year.... (so I'm taking too much space here )

TL;DR version: UBC is what you make it to be with endless opportunities, just like this club, you can start your own

One thing I should mention, depending on your faculty, most likely you'll be in large lecture classes for the first couple of years. Not everyone likes that. But as you specialize it becomes a lot better.

That is all I have to say ^^
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
May 28 2011 06:38 GMT
#76
On May 28 2011 14:13 Puporing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 11:09 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
On May 28 2011 08:16 Cocoba wrote:
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC


I like UBC a lot as well considering I go there...but I am curious, from a high-schooler's perspective who actually doesn't go to ubc, why exactly is it amazing? If starcraft is a bonus, then what makes up the main good part about UBC? Specifically what's good about it?

Ever since that lipdub video I am seeing a lot of "omg ubc is absolutely incredible/amazing"...and don't get me wrong I think it's a great school and all...but I am curious why people are saying it's so good...specifically those who don't even go to UBC and don't know what the experience is like.


You'll need to get more than a handful of UBC'ers perspective to give UBC its rightful place It's a big and beautiful campus, I cannot think of another campus endowed with such a geographical location. We're known for a diverse campus population, and from that spawns a lot of different and unique ideas/program and drives international projects and collaborations like our exchange program, asian/africa studies. Tons of clubs also showcase this diversity. We're strong in sports and have our own competitions. UBC has always been the leader in sustainable development in North America being the first campus to initiate a sustainable campus initiative and opening the most high performance green building in NA this year.... (so I'm taking too much space here )

TL;DR version: UBC is what you make it to be with endless opportunities, just like this club, you can start your own

One thing I should mention, depending on your faculty, most likely you'll be in large lecture classes for the first couple of years. Not everyone likes that. But as you specialize it becomes a lot better.

That is all I have to say ^^


I know what UBC has to offer as I already go there (just finished my third year) like I mentioned, I am asking more why high-schoolers are so excited about UBC and specifically what the reasons are. I feel like a lot of false hype is coming from that libdub video lol...
WackaAlpaca
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada208 Posts
May 28 2011 06:59 GMT
#77
Sounds really fun, I like that you have split up all the divisions but then they feed into each other - should be awesome

I'm not sure of my summer schedule yet, when is the latest I can apply?
"
Cocoba
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada352 Posts
May 28 2011 08:14 GMT
#78
On May 28 2011 11:09 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
I like UBC a lot as well considering I go there...but I am curious, from a high-schooler's perspective who actually doesn't go to ubc, why exactly is it amazing? If starcraft is a bonus, then what makes up the main good part about UBC? Specifically what's good about it?

Ever since that lipdub video I am seeing a lot of "omg ubc is absolutely incredible/amazing"...and don't get me wrong I think it's a great school and all...but I am curious why people are saying it's so good...specifically those who don't even go to UBC and don't know what the experience is like.


Well the greatest factor for me to go to UBC for post-secondary is because I have alot of family over there.
:D
Puporing
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada44 Posts
May 28 2011 08:32 GMT
#79
On May 28 2011 15:38 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 14:13 Puporing wrote:
On May 28 2011 11:09 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
On May 28 2011 08:16 Cocoba wrote:
Wow I love UBC. The Starcraft Club is just a bonus for all the things that are amazing about UBC, can't wait to graduate high school and come to UBC


I like UBC a lot as well considering I go there...but I am curious, from a high-schooler's perspective who actually doesn't go to ubc, why exactly is it amazing? If starcraft is a bonus, then what makes up the main good part about UBC? Specifically what's good about it?

Ever since that lipdub video I am seeing a lot of "omg ubc is absolutely incredible/amazing"...and don't get me wrong I think it's a great school and all...but I am curious why people are saying it's so good...specifically those who don't even go to UBC and don't know what the experience is like.


You'll need to get more than a handful of UBC'ers perspective to give UBC its rightful place It's a big and beautiful campus, I cannot think of another campus endowed with such a geographical location. We're known for a diverse campus population, and from that spawns a lot of different and unique ideas/program and drives international projects and collaborations like our exchange program, asian/africa studies. Tons of clubs also showcase this diversity. We're strong in sports and have our own competitions. UBC has always been the leader in sustainable development in North America being the first campus to initiate a sustainable campus initiative and opening the most high performance green building in NA this year.... (so I'm taking too much space here )

TL;DR version: UBC is what you make it to be with endless opportunities, just like this club, you can start your own

One thing I should mention, depending on your faculty, most likely you'll be in large lecture classes for the first couple of years. Not everyone likes that. But as you specialize it becomes a lot better.

That is all I have to say ^^


I know what UBC has to offer as I already go there (just finished my third year) like I mentioned, I am asking more why high-schoolers are so excited about UBC and specifically what the reasons are. I feel like a lot of false hype is coming from that libdub video lol...


lol I totally misread you there. Main reason I went to UBC back in high school was because I really liked Vancouver whenever family came here for visits. And UBC seemed like the ideal choice..
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Yushimi
Profile Joined May 2011
3 Posts
May 28 2011 08:41 GMT
#80
... Does anyone wanna meet up in the Burnaby area and help me get to UBC by transit if anyone is transitting? ... D:

And don't forget SFU man...lolz share some love.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings97
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko247
ProTech136
SHIN 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20513
Hyuk 1235
Bisu 1019
Shuttle 971
Mind 884
Larva 359
firebathero 317
Soma 234
Mini 217
EffOrt 153
[ Show more ]
Last 126
Leta 119
Zeus 86
ZerO 79
Hm[arnc] 77
Hyun 71
Pusan 67
PianO 39
Sexy 39
sorry 35
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 29
Killer 28
Trap 28
Aegong 23
hero 15
yabsab 14
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Dendi693
XcaliburYe580
XaKoH 445
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1592
Other Games
gofns28087
singsing2399
B2W.Neo739
crisheroes321
OGKoka 157
Happy153
Mew2King135
DeMusliM132
Livibee68
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream210
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Gemini_19 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7701
League of Legends
• Jankos1545
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 33m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.