• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:40
CEST 02:40
KST 09:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9297 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 279

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 900 Next
seefernando
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada17 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 16:05:04
July 20 2011 16:04 GMT
#5561
I suspect a third expo and I want to harass. If I choose to make 3 dts, should I send all 3 to one expo or split them up? I don't know if he has spores up, but I know he has lair.

Part two, how would this change if you're economically ahead and if you were behind? Would you send a probe instead?
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 16:14:35
July 20 2011 16:10 GMT
#5562
On July 21 2011 01:04 seefernando wrote:
I suspect a third expo and I want to harass. If I choose to make 3 dts, should I send all 3 to one expo or split them up? I don't know if he has spores up, but I know he has lair.

Part two, how would this change if you're economically ahead and if you were behind? Would you send a probe instead?


This is kinda too broad a question. It really depends on how the game has developed and what occurred before this specific decision. Would need replays to really see what to do. Maybe post a thread with games you have in mind.

I mean your best option could range from taking your own third/4th to gearing up for a timing attack. It's just not an easy question to answer without the needed details.
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
July 20 2011 16:16 GMT
#5563
On July 21 2011 01:04 seefernando wrote:
I suspect a third expo and I want to harass. If I choose to make 3 dts, should I send all 3 to one expo or split them up? I don't know if he has spores up, but I know he has lair.

Part two, how would this change if you're economically ahead and if you were behind? Would you send a probe instead?


I agree with the other answer pretty much, but in regards to splitting your DTs:
almost always it is better to split them, one to each mineral line. It makes your opponent split his attention, giving you time and the ability to get a huge advantage if he doesn't notice. If he has spores, try sending all 3 to one to snipe it.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
Mong00se
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
July 20 2011 17:06 GMT
#5564
how do I change the rate at which my units build by holding down a button? is it a refresh rate thing in regedit?
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
July 20 2011 17:16 GMT
#5565
On July 21 2011 02:06 Mong00se wrote:
how do I change the rate at which my units build by holding down a button? is it a refresh rate thing in regedit?

You can not change the rate at which units build, except by using chronoboost as Protoss.
You can insta-queue units by holding down their hotkey instead of tapping it multiple times.
Example: hold the Z key as zerg with larvae selected to mass zerglings until you run out of larva or money.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
Mong00se
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
July 20 2011 17:19 GMT
#5566
sorry i should've clarified. when i hold down z, it builds them at a certain rate, say 2 z's every 1 second. what i want to know is how to increase how many things will build by me holding down the z button, so i'm effectively holding z down for less amount of time while building the same amount of lings.

does that make more sense?
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 17:22:18
July 20 2011 17:22 GMT
#5567
On July 21 2011 02:16 galtdunn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2011 02:06 Mong00se wrote:
how do I change the rate at which my units build by holding down a button? is it a refresh rate thing in regedit?

You can not change the rate at which units build, except by using chronoboost as Protoss.
You can insta-queue units by holding down their hotkey instead of tapping it multiple times.
Example: hold the Z key as zerg with larvae selected to mass zerglings until you run out of larva or money.


lol that's not what he means, I think he's referring to the Repeat delay and Repeat rate in Keyboard properties (from control panel)?
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
July 20 2011 17:28 GMT
#5568
On July 21 2011 02:22 Anihc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2011 02:16 galtdunn wrote:
On July 21 2011 02:06 Mong00se wrote:
how do I change the rate at which my units build by holding down a button? is it a refresh rate thing in regedit?

You can not change the rate at which units build, except by using chronoboost as Protoss.
You can insta-queue units by holding down their hotkey instead of tapping it multiple times.
Example: hold the Z key as zerg with larvae selected to mass zerglings until you run out of larva or money.


lol that's not what he means, I think he's referring to the Repeat delay and Repeat rate in Keyboard properties (from control panel)?

Oh. Well then disregard what I said, I have no technical knowledge of starcraft
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 20 2011 17:57 GMT
#5569
On July 21 2011 01:04 seefernando wrote:
I suspect a third expo and I want to harass. If I choose to make 3 dts, should I send all 3 to one expo or split them up? I don't know if he has spores up, but I know he has lair.

Part two, how would this change if you're economically ahead and if you were behind? Would you send a probe instead?

First, you should ideally be aware of the third instead of just suspecting it. Keep hallucinated phoenix flying around the map - it's totally worth the energy investment to know your opponent's expansion timings.

Second, the number of DTs you send somewhere will vary depending on stuff like where his army is and where he has detection, but there is a general rule: If you want to kill workers, send your DTs to as many locations as possible, and if you want to kill buildings, send them all to the same place.

The number of worker kills you get per time will be the same wherever the DTs are, but if they're spread out it's much more difficult to respond effectively, so you're likely to get more worker kills overall -- also, three DTs in one mineral line have a maximum total damage equal to the number of workers in that mineral line. Also, in your scenario, you don't know if he has spores, so it's possible he has detection at one base but not at the others.

If you're sniping a building (usually not as effective as worker harass, but it has its place), you probably want to send as many DTs as possible to hit it, just because it usually takes at least a few DTs to snipe a building faster than your opponent can respond.
The frumious Bandersnatch
ander
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada403 Posts
July 20 2011 18:04 GMT
#5570
With the most recent patch, all 1.3.4 replays are considered old for some reason. I HATE watching old replays because every time you watch one, you have to log back in again which is annoying. Is there a way to avoid this? I remember day9 mentioning he used a program to launch his replays or something like that.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 20 2011 18:18 GMT
#5571
On July 21 2011 03:04 ander wrote:
With the most recent patch, all 1.3.4 replays are considered old for some reason. I HATE watching old replays because every time you watch one, you have to log back in again which is annoying. Is there a way to avoid this? I remember day9 mentioning he used a program to launch his replays or something like that.


Launch the replay in windows using sc2. That way you just exit the game afterwards and launch next one.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
July 20 2011 21:07 GMT
#5572
hi guys,

where should i place my turrets?

between mineral line and cc or outside the mineralline? (i hope it's understandable)

I think i makes a different if i play against mutas or banshee or not?
toniooo
Profile Joined July 2011
France1 Post
July 20 2011 21:09 GMT
#5573
In mid-game late-game, how can I inject my hatcheries quickly ? Is there a way to move quickly to my main hatch, then to another one etc ... ?
galtdunn
Profile Joined March 2011
United States977 Posts
July 20 2011 21:14 GMT
#5574
On July 21 2011 06:09 toniooo wrote:
In mid-game late-game, how can I inject my hatcheries quickly ? Is there a way to move quickly to my main hatch, then to another one etc ... ?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=125725

this is the thread you want.
To quickly move between bases you can press the backspace key. I recommend changing this to spacebar, capslock, tab, etc.
Currently editing items in the DotA 2 wiki. PM for questions/suggestions.
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 21:20:41
July 20 2011 21:16 GMT
#5575
I'm a noob, it must have been asked a thousand time :

When does the season 3 start? I was pretty sure it began... yesterday... Well, I guess I'm wrong, so when will I finally promote?
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-20 21:21:45
July 20 2011 21:17 GMT
#5576
On July 21 2011 06:09 toniooo wrote:
In mid-game late-game, how can I inject my hatcheries quickly ? Is there a way to move quickly to my main hatch, then to another one etc ... ?


Yes, by default, press backspace (the key above enter, I'm not sure, I'm French after all ) to alternate between your hatcheries.

Usually, people change this hotkey to space. If your queens are bound to control group 4, then you just do :
- 4 (select queens)

- space (center on hatchery)
- v (inject)
- click (inject on hatchery)

- space (center on hatchery)
- v (inject)
- click (inject on hatchery)

- space (center on hatchery)
- v (inject)
- click (inject on hatchery)

...

You should'nt move your mouse during the process.

Note that there are other variations (injecting on the mini map, etc...) This is my favourite
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 20 2011 21:18 GMT
#5577
On July 21 2011 06:16 fezvez wrote:
I'm a nood, it must have been asked a thousand time :

When does the season 3 start? I was pretty sure it began... yesterday... Well, I guess I'm wrong, so when will I finally promote?


Use the search function. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=239411
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
July 20 2011 21:20 GMT
#5578
On July 21 2011 06:18 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2011 06:16 fezvez wrote:
I'm a nood, it must have been asked a thousand time :

When does the season 3 start? I was pretty sure it began... yesterday... Well, I guess I'm wrong, so when will I finally promote?


Use the search function. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=239411


Thank you, I'm truly a noob =/
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
July 20 2011 21:24 GMT
#5579
On July 21 2011 06:07 saaaa wrote:
hi guys,

where should i place my turrets?

between mineral line and cc or outside the mineralline? (i hope it's understandable)

I think i makes a different if i play against mutas or banshee or not?


Usually, put them outside your mineral line against terran, because banshee have a long range and because you'll kill the dropping medivacs that much faster.

You can put them in your mineral line against P/Z. Mutas can kill your workers with rebound by attacking your cc/nexus/hatchery.
IamPryda
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1186 Posts
July 20 2011 21:38 GMT
#5580
How many dts does it take to snipe a hatch before an overseer is morphed assuming they start it at about the time they arrive. How many for a lair?
Moar banelings less qq
Prev 1 277 278 279 280 281 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings98
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 178
ProTech12
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 906
ZZZero.O 159
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4604
Counter-Strike
minikerr19
Other Games
summit1g10559
JimRising 717
C9.Mang0315
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP123
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 20m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 20m
Replay Cast
22h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.