• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War235.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8516 users

[mod] Starcraft AI project - Dorfl - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
November 14 2015 11:00 GMT
#41
My project is just for fun; I'm creating a series of user-centric intelligent agents. They use the mouse and keyboard interface, throttled to human speed, and scrape the screen for visual information to make decisions. This is an external program, and does not read program memory or "cheat" in any way. It's basically a game-long, dynamically constructed macro. I'm in the process of building out the API which drives basic game activities, and have already programmed a user agent which just does a 2 rax reaper rush (as a test model). I'm using Autohotkey for the programming and the GDI+ Windows API for fast screen scraping and bitmap analysis.


Damn! Everytime I think I'm doing something cool I find someone pushing boundaries even further! I look forward to seeing what you can do
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
November 14 2015 14:32 GMT
#42
On November 14 2015 20:00 turtles wrote:
Show nested quote +
My project is just for fun; I'm creating a series of user-centric intelligent agents. They use the mouse and keyboard interface, throttled to human speed, and scrape the screen for visual information to make decisions. This is an external program, and does not read program memory or "cheat" in any way. It's basically a game-long, dynamically constructed macro. I'm in the process of building out the API which drives basic game activities, and have already programmed a user agent which just does a 2 rax reaper rush (as a test model). I'm using Autohotkey for the programming and the GDI+ Windows API for fast screen scraping and bitmap analysis.


Damn! Everytime I think I'm doing something cool I find someone pushing boundaries even further! I look forward to seeing what you can do

I know what you mean, I had the same thought when I saw this project There is ample space for both projects, each having their respective trade-offs.

I've never created a mod or used the map editor, but Dorfl has piqued my interest. I'll play with it and maybe surf the code. Thanks for open sourcing it.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
November 24 2015 13:46 GMT
#43
The open source has always been the way to save the world!

i want an ai too

"not enough rights"
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
November 28 2015 20:11 GMT
#44
any news? plz make new videos
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
LetaBot
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
Netherlands557 Posts
November 29 2015 02:55 GMT
#45
On November 14 2015 19:48 HeadBangaa wrote:


My project is just for fun; I'm creating a series of user-centric intelligent agents. They use the mouse and keyboard interface, throttled to human speed, and scrape the screen for visual information to make decisions. This is an external program, and does not read program memory or "cheat" in any way. It's basically a game-long, dynamically constructed macro. I'm in the process of building out the API which drives basic game activities, and have already programmed a user agent which just does a 2 rax reaper rush (as a test model). I'm using Autohotkey for the programming and the GDI+ Windows API for fast screen scraping and bitmap analysis.

The Broodwar AI scene was pretty well-developed. They ran myriad games on private servers and had tournaments. It's not just technically difficult, but illegal to run a private server for SC2. Blizz really has their platform locked down; the EULA is absolutely brutal too.


That API sounds a lot like the DirectX interception that Matthew Fischer did: https://graphics.stanford.edu/~mdfisher/GameAIs.html

Here is a video of it in action:
If you cannot win with 100 apm, win with 100 cpm.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
December 04 2015 19:38 GMT
#46
On November 29 2015 11:55 LetaBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2015 19:48 HeadBangaa wrote:


My project is just for fun; I'm creating a series of user-centric intelligent agents. They use the mouse and keyboard interface, throttled to human speed, and scrape the screen for visual information to make decisions. This is an external program, and does not read program memory or "cheat" in any way. It's basically a game-long, dynamically constructed macro. I'm in the process of building out the API which drives basic game activities, and have already programmed a user agent which just does a 2 rax reaper rush (as a test model). I'm using Autohotkey for the programming and the GDI+ Windows API for fast screen scraping and bitmap analysis.

The Broodwar AI scene was pretty well-developed. They ran myriad games on private servers and had tournaments. It's not just technically difficult, but illegal to run a private server for SC2. Blizz really has their platform locked down; the EULA is absolutely brutal too.


That API sounds a lot like the DirectX interception that Matthew Fischer did: https://graphics.stanford.edu/~mdfisher/GameAIs.html

Here is a video of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZT2ukipkc

Wow! Skynet level stuff. This is very closely aligned to what I'm trying to do in creating automation in general. He gets fast, detailed info from the DX pipe. I'm envious of those graphics programming skills! While he's coded up a parser for SC2 (and is kind enough to share it), I wouldn't be able to apply that to other applications, so I'll continue with my naive, primitive GDI+ interface. Really impressive though, thanks for the link.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
December 08 2015 10:09 GMT
#47
im currently making a huge mod that changes a lot and introduces new races etc

prolly gna be far enough to think about implementing AI around january

could i build on your project?
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
December 09 2015 01:47 GMT
#48
I'm back now! I went on hollidays for > 2 weeks. I spent a week of that time in a tent away from civillization with dolphins swimming right past my campsight, catching fish, reading books and getting sunburnt!

could i build on your project?


Yeah, sure. Just make sure to give credit where due. In the credits section, when announcing the mod, as a footnote on the splash screen, tattood on your body. One of those should suffice.

You would no doubt have a lot of questions about the structure of the AI and how to incorporate new units. I must warn you that it will be a hard job and require a good understanding and experience of writting software. It would be no small task, though it would be a much smaller task than writting an AI completely from scratch.


any news? plz make new videos


I figured out why my genetic algorithm stuff was running so slowly. + Show Spoiler +
It is based on strings and so it was some low level string manipulation which I had to write functions for but which were not as efficient as they could have been. Also I have discovered some more inbuilt SC2 string functions which can probably run faster due to having more direct low-level access to the data. Now that I know what the problem was I could replace the string indecies with integers and get another large improvement... but we'll see.


So that means that genetic algorithms are back on the menu. I'll post a video of it working soon(TM). It won't be visually impressive but it is cool to watch it formulate a build order on the fly by it's own processes and not being simply told what to do.

I need to be working on the sister project SALT as well so unfortunately my attentions will be divided for the next month or so. However I have some cool collaborations set up for SALT when that is finished. + Show Spoiler +
(announcement of an announcement complete)
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
December 27 2015 14:06 GMT
#49
Any news? Any new videos?
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27690
Calm 6404
Bisu 2011
Jaedong 1501
Larva 754
BeSt 510
Light 475
Soma 462
Snow 335
Rush 299
[ Show more ]
Stork 275
ZerO 243
Barracks 158
Free 127
910 102
Zeus 99
Mind 90
Killer 56
Shinee 47
Trap 34
Terrorterran 33
Hyun 32
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 23
Rock 22
Bale 21
sorry 17
Sexy 11
soO 11
Sacsri 9
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8177
XaKoH 427
Counter-Strike
fl0m3556
Other Games
singsing2187
hiko989
FrodaN644
B2W.Neo622
crisheroes403
Beastyqt372
mouzStarbuck249
Hui .175
Livibee169
DeMusliM156
RotterdaM130
C9.Mang0100
KnowMe87
Trikslyr79
QueenE74
Mew2King46
BRAT_OK 30
ZerO(Twitch)22
edward15
MindelVK11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2515
Other Games
• Shiphtur813
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.