• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8892 users

Power Rank 06/06/2008 - Page 4

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
June 06 2008 03:59 GMT
#61
On June 06 2008 11:33 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Light is TERRIBLE.


so nice to hear you say that
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
June 06 2008 04:13 GMT
#62
On June 06 2008 12:30 Gregsen wrote:
I so don't care about the other ranks, but NaDa #7 absolutly made my day.


Truth. ILU Steve
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Jimtudor
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada259 Posts
June 06 2008 04:18 GMT
#63
It's okay lucifer.....maybe next time...another lee young ho went through the difficult trials of getting recognized by the powerrank. Rise to the challenge and take down the "other best player on the planet"! Anyways, great pr.
Februarys
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Korea (South)259 Posts
June 06 2008 04:28 GMT
#64
Even though I dislike Mind, I still think he deserves a higher spot. He's beat Jaedong very recently and barely lost to Flash. In terms of skill, I think he deserves a top 4.
Jaedong is the Hope of Zergs.
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-06 05:38:30
June 06 2008 05:35 GMT
#65
On June 06 2008 11:59 IdrA wrote:
gimmicky as hell is good for protoss steve
stork obviously has about 10x the mechanics of lucifer, but stork plays predictably while lucifer plays like a foreign toss. guess whos winning more games atm.


Exactly, you'd think people would learn this from watching Kang Min all these years! Is anyone surprised that Lucifer seems to be his protege with that style of play?

If anything, Lucifer seems to be the protoss with the most potential. We have how many P's playing like they're gods right now? Only one of them really stands out from the rest in more than a 'I can win a little bit more than you' fashion, and it's Lucifer. It's not coincidence he's still alive in a league right now while Pure hasn't been through into any league in his longer pro career.

I doubt he'll beat Jaedong, because I don't think anyone is beating Jaedong in this MSL, but I seriously don't see how people can bash his play. I think Flash's early wins were more gimmicky than Lucifer's, honestly, and look where he's at.
Oh, my eSports
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
June 06 2008 06:37 GMT
#66
he does not have the most potential, not at all. its far easier to learn to play gay than it is to actually become a good player. its a wonder more protosses dont do it. also, lucifer's style play only takes you so far now, given everyone elses mechanical perfection. he may string together wins in proleague, but i would be suprised if he ever makes it anywhere in a starleague bo3/bo5 series'.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 06 2008 07:16 GMT
#67
I agree with IdrA, but I also want to add that it might be too early to tell.

A style like Lucifer's generally becomes a slippery slope because once you've started winning through creativity rather than sheer skills you can sometimes lose the drive to improve your mechanics, or worse, feel obliged to continue playing that way in order to meet the expectations of the audience. I would loooove to see Lucifer all-round massively buff up his game sense and macro and combine that with his creativity to become a boxeresque type of player. Until then, I will continue to cheer for him because he's fun to watch both during his matches and after he wins. The power rank though, is certainly not about the player who can dish out the most entertainment.


dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
June 06 2008 07:50 GMT
#68
Mind needs to be higher, Nada shouldn't be there. The past 10 games Nada won 4, thats kinda ok.. Stork won 5 games out of the past 10 he played. I know people hate stork, but imho he deserves a spot up in the list especially if you can put someone like Nada up there. Just for comparison FBH made 7 victories out of the past 10 games he played and he's still not on the list, using the excuse FBH has a retarded TvP isnt valid considering Nada lost 4 times to terran players which proves his current TvT is bad too.

Still good writeup, I couldn't have done a better job myself so I should just stfu now.

..
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 06 2008 08:00 GMT
#69
On June 06 2008 16:50 dinmsab wrote:
Mind needs to be higher, Nada shouldn't be there. The past 10 games Nada won 4, thats kinda ok.. Stork won 5 games out of the past 10 he played. I know people hate stork, but imho he deserves a spot up in the list especially if you can put someone like Nada up there. Just for comparison FBH made 7 victories out of the past 10 games he played and he's still not on the list, using the excuse FBH has a retarded TvP isnt valid considering Nada lost 4 times to terran players which proves his current TvT is bad too.

Still good writeup, I couldn't have done a better job myself so I should just stfu now.



I think the idea is to look at the quality of the games as much or even more than the result of the games. NaDa looked impressive even during games he lost (i.e. vs Best).

Mind is a strong player but he just chokes randomly against players we all know he can beat, for some reason; it's not even about a slump because the next minute he'll just come roaring back to beat Jaedong and Best. That kind of inconsistency will nail him a high ranking when he does well, and a low ranking when he does poorly, and he did quite poorly overall this month. Yes he is a strong player, but his games don't match up with his skills. Besides, we can't just evaluate players based on their full potential, otherwise Bisu would be on this PR according to that one game versus Mind.
JoxxOr
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Sweden1502 Posts
June 06 2008 08:37 GMT
#70
Nada 7? <3333

YESSS Thank you fakesteve !
Gör om, gör rätt
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
June 06 2008 08:51 GMT
#71
So there it is, the first PR without Bisu...it has been a long time but damn- it is deserved. Anyway, thank you Steve for the great job and especially for :
1. Putting Mind in the bottom of the table. (Mind sux nowadays)
2. Not putting Lucifer in the PR (enough of KTF fanboysm)
and ofc
3. BEST FOR #3 SPOT
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
EvoChamber
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France2505 Posts
June 06 2008 09:24 GMT
#72
ForGG definitely still has potential, especially since he's improving his TvT as we speak. There's no need to put him down as stagnant.

The spots from 6-8 could be shuffled without anyone complaining, but the current arrangement is pretty good. I was going to argue that Mind and Much should switch places, but then I remembered who's still in the leagues and who isn't. Even so, if I had to choose one of those two to play Best or Jaedong, it'd have to be Mind. Even if he's out for this season, he's fixed up his TvZ, which will pay off far more in the future.
That's not awful writing, DAMMIT. It's perfectly sensical english construction.
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-06 10:21:42
June 06 2008 10:21 GMT
#73
On June 06 2008 16:16 Juicyfruit wrote:
I agree with IdrA, but I also want to add that it might be too early to tell.

A style like Lucifer's generally becomes a slippery slope because once you've started winning through creativity rather than sheer skills you can sometimes lose the drive to improve your mechanics, or worse, feel obliged to continue playing that way in order to meet the expectations of the audience.


In short, Lucifer could end up becoming the next Upmagic =(

NaDa at #7 is all good though. LYY fighting!
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Fwmeh
Profile Joined April 2008
1286 Posts
June 06 2008 10:22 GMT
#74
+ Show Spoiler +
And just like that, Nada is gone.
A parser for things is a function from strings to lists of pairs of things and strings
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
June 06 2008 10:22 GMT
#75
On June 06 2008 16:16 Juicyfruit wrote:
I agree with IdrA, but I also want to add that it might be too early to tell.

A style like Lucifer's generally becomes a slippery slope because once you've started winning through creativity rather than sheer skills you can sometimes lose the drive to improve your mechanics, or worse, feel obliged to continue playing that way in order to meet the expectations of the audience. I would loooove to see Lucifer all-round massively buff up his game sense and macro and combine that with his creativity to become a boxeresque type of player. Until then, I will continue to cheer for him because he's fun to watch both during his matches and after he wins. The power rank though, is certainly not about the player who can dish out the most entertainment.




What evidence is that based on?


Y'know, back in the day, Nal_ra had like 140 apm and wasn't particularly known for micro. I actually thought his control was somewhat sloppy the first time I ever saw him play (was it 2001? 2002? It was reps of Ra vs Boxer on Snowbound I think). Definitely if you made a comparison, Kingdom and Reach had better mechanics. Yet, Ra became the most accomplished of those 3. Is Lucifer Ra? No, and I don't think he'll climb all the way to the top like Best. However, I think we can expect good things out of him, possibly as far as Ro4 (probably NEXT season since I doubt JD will lose). 32 man tournaments just do not favor gimmicky type players, who need to display a few too many of their tricks early on. In the past, creative Protoss players have done just as well as mechanically driven Protoss players.



Regarding Best, a prediction: he will win OSL. I was already thinking this last PR, that he would win it and I should have made my "bold prediction" then, but I chickened out because he did not look quite so unbeatable and he still has not truly proven himself vs Zerg.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
June 06 2008 10:24 GMT
#76
On June 06 2008 19:22 Fwmeh wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
And just like that, Nada is gone.


+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah =/ There goes the renaissance.
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
June 06 2008 10:38 GMT
#77
Good for luxury !!!
Dam I so want him to beat Flash in the MSL !! ... even tough Flash in a real nice player to watch :\

Go Lux Go :D
n_n
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
June 06 2008 10:56 GMT
#78
Completetly agree with the PR this time , except maybe Mind over Nada . I like what you've written about JD , but i fear that Hwasin may stop his second MSL victory cold if JD doesn't polish up his ZvT skills to be as good as last seasons , or even better .
Juicyfruit
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada5484 Posts
June 06 2008 11:17 GMT
#79
On June 06 2008 19:22 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2008 16:16 Juicyfruit wrote:
I agree with IdrA, but I also want to add that it might be too early to tell.

A style like Lucifer's generally becomes a slippery slope because once you've started winning through creativity rather than sheer skills you can sometimes lose the drive to improve your mechanics, or worse, feel obliged to continue playing that way in order to meet the expectations of the audience. I would loooove to see Lucifer all-round massively buff up his game sense and macro and combine that with his creativity to become a boxeresque type of player. Until then, I will continue to cheer for him because he's fun to watch both during his matches and after he wins. The power rank though, is certainly not about the player who can dish out the most entertainment.




What evidence is that based on?


Y'know, back in the day, Nal_ra had like 140 apm and wasn't particularly known for micro. I actually thought his control was somewhat sloppy the first time I ever saw him play (was it 2001? 2002? It was reps of Ra vs Boxer on Snowbound I think). Definitely if you made a comparison, Kingdom and Reach had better mechanics. Yet, Ra became the most accomplished of those 3. Is Lucifer Ra? No, and I don't think he'll climb all the way to the top like Best. However, I think we can expect good things out of him, possibly as far as Ro4 (probably NEXT season since I doubt JD will lose). 32 man tournaments just do not favor gimmicky type players, who need to display a few too many of their tricks early on. In the past, creative Protoss players have done just as well as mechanically driven Protoss players.



Regarding Best, a prediction: he will win OSL. I was already thinking this last PR, that he would win it and I should have made my "bold prediction" then, but I chickened out because he did not look quite so unbeatable and he still has not truly proven himself vs Zerg.


Replace the word "generally" with the word "potentially". It was badly put, I admit. Actually, I just don't have evidence on hand due to my lack of knowledge of old players, but there are probably some. What I said wasn't that insensible. I think that's what you were on about, since the rest was just my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure but doesn't the evolution of starcraft ultimately disfavor creativity? Mechanics build upon itself from one generation to another, and therefore players in general have better mechanics than before simply more efficient methods of micro/macro/BO etc have been discovered over the years. Creativity, on the other hand, doesn't benefit from the same progression.

Creativity makes your playstyle unpredictable. Plus, if you are well-known for being creative, it might make your opponents paranoid and thus give you an extra edge. However, you still need the proper mechanics to

1) carry out your creative play properly
2) to actually be able to take down your opponent after acquiring whatever advantage gained from your creative play.

Afaik, Lucifer's mechanics aren't horrible, they just aren't stellar. Therefore, his creativity can help him win consistently against opponents of similar mechanics because he gains that edge over them.

I do agree with you that creativity is as much a part of a player's strength as their mechanics. Creativity can translate into results, and I would hate it to be shrugged off completely in such that players are ranked entirely based on their mechanics only.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
June 06 2008 11:18 GMT
#80
Ok, first off, You place Mind THAT low?? Oo He is without doubt better than both Hwasin and Nada, cuz these two cant even come close to Flash, while Mind rampage around in endless battles with flash. Do you have some kind of hatered towards Mind? I mean, I know he has been loosing couple of games, but to put Nada and Hwasin above him? Just dont see them winning against Mind yet, so i completly disagree with that one. Just look at Minds wins over Jaedong, you keep Jaedong (who played vs easy opponents all month) and then ditch Mind and place him 8th??(who btw lost 3 times vs Flash during the last month)
And Much, seriously? You will see next month, next step in every league and proleague that Much will play worse than the newcommers like Lucifer and Pure. He has never shown any kind of intresting games, just boring dull and failed ever since his name became known. I despise the fact that you are a fanboy of both Sea and Much, place them high on PR after couple of games where you see hope again, get real! The fact is that they fail over and over again! Seas placement on PR last month was just silly. And the fact that he is out now, shows how horrible he is! Much will be gone as fast as he entered. Unless these two acomplish anything or stay stable, i wont give them the least credit. But your not hesitating jumping them up from nowhere to a high PR spot.

Tho I however was suprised to see Hwasin on 4th, he has shown some strenght, deserved PR, yes! but 4th? LOL! But still Nada, Hwasin and Much cannot really be placed this high, unless they have played vs stronger opponents like the top 4 (Flash, Best, Jaedong and Mind) Win counts doesnt matter, however vs who and how does matter! I dont get it! They played vs crappy opponents, lost vs the better players, even vs newcommers like Lucifer should be placed above these on PR. Get Lucifer IN! Lomo IN! Mind higher! Rest, whatever! To many ppl hold on to old players lost skillz and dont realize that the future belongs to the rising stars!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 611
ProTech144
Nina 78
JuggernautJason57
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23256
Calm 2599
Mini 153
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 101
soO 51
Bale 33
HiyA 25
PianO 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7467
XaKoH 288
monkeys_forever112
canceldota24
League of Legends
Doublelift2326
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1550
fl0m1287
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g1967
FrodaN1772
Beastyqt606
B2W.Neo345
mouzStarbuck343
shahzam322
ToD202
Livibee180
C9.Mang0136
Trikslyr111
RotterdaM101
UpATreeSC91
Mew2King45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur737
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 59m
Replay Cast
2h 44m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.