• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10238 users

Would you pay for SC2 unit skins?

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
whitefenix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden40 Posts
December 16 2014 16:18 GMT
#1
I'm a zerg player, and at the very least I would want to buy 5+ skins for my favorite units, I already bought Collectors Edition of HotS just for the bad-ass ultralisks
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
December 16 2014 16:23 GMT
#2
Meh, if it was in game collectible for free, sure
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
December 16 2014 17:40 GMT
#3
If it doesn't cost money, I am not seeing how paying for model development benefits Blizzard. I'm not really sure that it is a great fit for SC2 either, it feels like this would be forcing a square peg into a round hole in a way. Moba heroes kind of have a quality that you bond to, not to mention they are your piece for the whole game, it just seems to fit more for that genre.

I am sure people would pay for them, at least some percentage, but I don't think the time/cash investment would be worth it.
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
December 16 2014 19:56 GMT
#4
I think this is a bit ill difined poll. Are we talking only real money, in game currency or both? Personaly I never pay real money for skins etc but I would play more SC2 if I could farm gold and buy skins etc.
We know nothing.
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-16 20:21:06
December 16 2014 20:16 GMT
#5
money milking is pretty ridiculous already with this game,
it's not even getting much better than it ever was over 3 "expansions" with weak story being told very slowly in holywood avatar-style - all looks little depth - and lesser gameplay complexity than Starcraft
after attempts to destroy Starcraft's pro competitive scene and taking over the rights of broadcasting for this iteration, there will be no more feeding the blizzard cadaver from me (I stopped buying anything after Diablo 3)

not that I'm against the idea of having custom unit skins for a competitive RTS game, that might not be a bad idea as long as it doesn't interfere with legibility of gameplay and with artistic coherence of units & races
ZiNKO
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
23 Posts
December 16 2014 20:45 GMT
#6
mabe it depends on the skin but unless it is realy good i will not by so probably no, but if they whant to add skins to sc2 and if peopel are willing to by it i have no problem whit them adding it
Patate
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada441 Posts
December 16 2014 22:18 GMT
#7
I buy LoL skins because the game is a F2P which is well supported so it is my way of encouraging Riot.

I've already bought SC2, I will not pay anymore. Fix the game for free, Blizzard....
Dead game.
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
December 17 2014 00:17 GMT
#8
I would pay, to able to switch off all skins :D
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
December 17 2014 01:44 GMT
#9
Yes. It would be fun. I would buy anything in game for starcraft.
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
December 17 2014 02:29 GMT
#10
Again this question is being asked to the population that still plays/follows the scene. This question is really for the casual gamers and viewers that arent already involved with SC2.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
The3rdCatalyst
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-17 05:54:23
December 17 2014 04:56 GMT
#11
I've heard the number tossed around but it seems to vary.
LoL seems to get somewhere between 2% to 10% of their active player base buying skins.
Now, if this poll is 100% accurate (though it isn't) it would mean that 20-49% of the active player base of SCII would be willing to buy microtransactions. I'm not sure anyone could deny the SCII honey pot and not reason to not go forward with the new payment method.
Learn, Create, Help.
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
December 17 2014 05:24 GMT
#12
Nope.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
December 17 2014 16:23 GMT
#13
I don't know why people care about skins. I'd rather have things like different advisers or something.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
TerranHwaiting
Profile Joined December 2014
Korea (North)179 Posts
December 17 2014 20:47 GMT
#14
This is the wrong site for a poll about that, because people here are mostly hardcore fans and all these micro-transactions like skins are made for Casuals.
Millet
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden143 Posts
December 17 2014 21:48 GMT
#15
No, I would however definitely buy a voice pack that changed (maybe among other things) the announcer of Z into either the Overmind or Abathur.
willoc
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1530 Posts
December 17 2014 22:32 GMT
#16
Original SC sound packs like Overmind would be awesome for sure!

I wouldn't pay for anything if LoTV cost upfront money though. I doubt the game's player--base would change at all if they did that.
Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid!
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
December 18 2014 03:24 GMT
#17
I picked "Yes", because I knew nobody in their right mind would pick that one.

Well, 27% so far have, but I'm assuming they misread the question or clicked the wrong button.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
ChrisGardner
Profile Joined January 2014
United States18 Posts
December 18 2014 04:46 GMT
#18
sound packs are good but I can't see myself wanting to buy skins
monkh
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
December 18 2014 16:49 GMT
#19
I bought CS:GO when it was you had to buy it to pick it up, and i;ve bought some of the super cheap skins for it, if blizzard did do it I think people that bought the game should get a large discount on skins and they shouldnt be anywhere near as dear as heros skins they are ridiculous
Daeden.620
laaaaaaaamee
Profile Joined July 2012
Australia95 Posts
December 18 2014 17:46 GMT
#20
sure i would pay for skins...if my battlecruisers became dragons
tfw maru promises to show me good games
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 183
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor92
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1267
Other Games
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS60
crisheroes45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5388
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1232
• Jankos1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
52m
Online Event
1h 52m
FEL
6h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.