• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:26
CEST 20:26
KST 03:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9035 users

Power Rank 07/01/2011 - Page 20

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 39 Next All
4vvhiplash7
Profile Joined December 2010
South Africa392 Posts
July 13 2011 12:47 GMT
#381
On July 13 2011 04:57 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 02:55 Gescom wrote:
Who will claim the zerg throne?

HoeJJa


damn right!
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
July 13 2011 12:50 GMT
#382
On July 13 2011 21:08 Holgerius wrote:
Jangbi on the other hand... total collapse right now. 0-3 in the play-offs and 0-1 in OSL.

I knew it.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 13 2011 13:01 GMT
#383
I have not seen any games now in more than a week, but I should say that there is some super reactionary thinking going on.

Jangbi hype at the end of last month was ridiculous. But thinking now that he sucks because he got 0-3'd in playoffs and is 0-1 in OSL is another extreme. Twice he played Zero, who is amazing at ZvP (dare I say S-class?), my understanding is that Soulkey cheesed him, and for all that Calm has been in Clam mode for... pretty much a year now?... the thing about Calm is that he's a very strategic player who is good at preparing but is just not as sharp at fundamentals as other top Zergs, which is why he continues producing decent SL results even while sucking in PL.

Soo I warned about, not necessarily to keep off the ranking, but not to jump too hard on that bandwagon. Soo doesn't "suck." He is a one match wonder. His ZvP is very strong. But that's it. That's all there is to Soo: ZvP.

This is why people who just blindly throw at last month's stats and say "that's the PR right there" are delusional. The PR should always be taken in the context of results. I have always said this. People on the extreme end who want to ignore results entirely are missing the meaning of the word competition. But people who only consider the raw numbers without taking into account context

I'm perfectly happy with Jangbi's spot last month. His results last month were not so great as to be worthy of more and his results so far this month have not invalidated such a high rank. Soo's rank maybe was too high, but I won't complain too much because I'm not totally against the idea of snipers making it on the ranking. The argument against Soo is that he hasn't accomplished enough in his position as a sniper to be worthy of such a huge bone.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 13 2011 13:53 GMT
#384
On July 13 2011 22:01 Mortality wrote:
I have not seen any games now in more than a week, but I should say that there is some super reactionary thinking going on.

Jangbi hype at the end of last month was ridiculous. But thinking now that he sucks because he got 0-3'd in playoffs and is 0-1 in OSL is another extreme. Twice he played Zero, who is amazing at ZvP (dare I say S-class?), my understanding is that Soulkey cheesed him, and for all that Calm has been in Clam mode for... pretty much a year now?... the thing about Calm is that he's a very strategic player who is good at preparing but is just not as sharp at fundamentals as other top Zergs, which is why he continues producing decent SL results even while sucking in PL.

Soo I warned about, not necessarily to keep off the ranking, but not to jump too hard on that bandwagon. Soo doesn't "suck." He is a one match wonder. His ZvP is very strong. But that's it. That's all there is to Soo: ZvP.

This is why people who just blindly throw at last month's stats and say "that's the PR right there" are delusional. The PR should always be taken in the context of results. I have always said this. People on the extreme end who want to ignore results entirely are missing the meaning of the word competition. But people who only consider the raw numbers without taking into account context

I'm perfectly happy with Jangbi's spot last month. His results last month were not so great as to be worthy of more and his results so far this month have not invalidated such a high rank. Soo's rank maybe was too high, but I won't complain too much because I'm not totally against the idea of snipers making it on the ranking. The argument against Soo is that he hasn't accomplished enough in his position as a sniper to be worthy of such a huge bone.


On June 18 2011 06:48 Elroi wrote:
I have to question what we really know about how good pros are. In April when Jaedong was a lock for #1 on PR and people were discussing if his zvt was the best of all times he said himself that he was in the worst form of his life. Then he drops a couple of games - mostly in zvz - and people think he should drop out entirely. Then he wins a strong game again and people think he is very good.... Maybe we are just clueless lol.


Sadly I think most of us understand very little of what is really going on when the pros are playing. Probably less than we think. This makes us prone to reactionary thinking.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 13 2011 15:46 GMT
#385
There are things we don't know about how good pros are, but I don't think it's so much of a mystery as all that. Even if you didn't understand anything and just paid attention to TLPD all day long and use a little common sense (e.g. a prelim group should not be viewed the same way as a SL final) you should easily be able to see how much bullshit goes around out there. Now, if all you do is pay attention to TLPD then you might be inclined to believe some things that are totally wrong, you will definitely misjudge some things, but even so.

I think what it comes down to is either one of two things, or possibly a combination of both. One possibility is that posters are such short term thinkers that they've pretty much already forgotten what happened last week. Perhaps because they are more casual fans or perhaps because they are ADHD. And they assume everyone else is the same way and don't see the problem with what they are doing. The second possibility is a problem more endemic in western society. They read a handful of statements that jive with what they WANT to believe as true and that filtered version of "the news" becomes the basis of a belief (with all the conviction of a religious zealot) and instead of continuing to acquire data and reflect on possibility. No doubt a hundred people who hate my guts will accuse me of being like that too. To a degree everyone is guilty of this sometimes (not enough time to compile and analyze all data), but it's this superficiality in our society that causes us to spend 30 minuts on an hour long news program discussing where Barrack Obama likes to eat pizza instead of discussing the details of policy.

I normally defend the ranking, sometimes even when I don't entirely agree. It's never going to be perfect anyway and I don't want to see it get changed to satisfy reactionary idiocy. I get accused of many things, being fanboy of player A in the spotlight or a hater of player B who is not in the spotlight and as heartless as a tax collector. I don't really care if I'm the enemy because I have an academic as well as personal interest -- or perhaps it would be more correct to say that a large part of my personal interest is academic.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
sixfour
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
England11062 Posts
July 13 2011 17:38 GMT
#386
On July 13 2011 22:01 Mortality wrote:

Jangbi hype at the end of last month was ridiculous. But thinking now that he sucks because he got 0-3'd in playoffs and is 0-1 in OSL is another extreme. Twice he played Zero, who is amazing at ZvP (dare I say S-class?), my understanding is that Soulkey cheesed him


double hydra den is not cheese
p: stats, horang2, free, jangbi z: soulkey, zero, shine, hydra t: leta, hiya, sea
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
July 13 2011 18:31 GMT
#387
Nice ranking flamewheel. Great tribute to YellOw ^_^.

I just read/scanned through this entire PR thread. The first 10 or so pages of comments made my head hurt. -_- Got easier to read at the end, at least.

I do wonder how Jangbi is gonna be ranked after this month. 0-3 in playoffs is .... ehh.... but the losses were to ZerO and SK, so I dunno
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 13 2011 19:03 GMT
#388
On July 14 2011 02:38 sixfour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 22:01 Mortality wrote:

Jangbi hype at the end of last month was ridiculous. But thinking now that he sucks because he got 0-3'd in playoffs and is 0-1 in OSL is another extreme. Twice he played Zero, who is amazing at ZvP (dare I say S-class?), my understanding is that Soulkey cheesed him


double hydra den is not cheese


Yeah, see, he scouted that his opponent was a protoss in the pregame lobby and just responded reasonably to the information. Clearly too reactionary to be cheese!
Remember Violet.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 13 2011 20:31 GMT
#389
I said I haven't seen the game yet. Poor Mortality. Victim of a forum wide conspiracy.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
July 13 2011 22:56 GMT
#390
JangBi is a combined 0-5 this month in PL and OSL, true. But a Protoss going 0-5 against ZerO, Jaedong, Soulkey, and Calm is not shameful. He made several questionable errors in the games, but overall we still have to wait and see how he handles Baby and Killer. Though unless he pulls out some magic I'm not sure if he has a chance of retaining a spot on next month's ranking.

I'm still praying that Stork 3-0s his group and returns in the PR. Dear gods of Broodwar, grant Stork his dino toss powers. Thank you.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
July 13 2011 23:09 GMT
#391
On July 14 2011 07:56 Crisium wrote:
JangBi is a combined 0-5 this month in PL and OSL, true. But a Protoss going 0-5 against ZerO, Jaedong, Soulkey, and Calm is not shameful. He made several questionable errors in the games, but overall we still have to wait and see how he handles Baby and Killer. Though unless he pulls out some magic I'm not sure if he has a chance of retaining a spot on next month's ranking.

I'm still praying that Stork 3-0s his group and returns in the PR. Dear gods of Broodwar, grant Stork his dino toss powers. Thank you.

would also like to point out the he got hydra busted by calm and soulkey and that zero had an incredible drop cheese prepared
Writer
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 13 2011 23:14 GMT
#392
Jangbi is still a good player who didn't suddenly play bad this month. This is probably the most forgivable 0-5 I've ever seen, but you can't put him on the next PR if he keeps this up. At some point you have to be criticized for always losing to cheese.
Remember Violet.
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
July 13 2011 23:23 GMT
#393
On July 13 2011 22:01 Mortality wrote:
Twice he played Zero, who is amazing at ZvP (dare I say S-class?)

if Zero is not S class at ZvP then who is? Jaedong has not been doing as well as him for a few months now, Hydra is probably just as good but I don't really find him superior to zero
Writer
oldgregg
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand1176 Posts
July 14 2011 00:24 GMT
#394
gotta love mortality for bringing some logic to the forum! (even tho i do find him annoying at times )
Calculatedly addicted to Substance D for profit by drug terrorists
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
July 14 2011 21:09 GMT
#395
On July 14 2011 07:56 Crisium wrote:
JangBi is a combined 0-5 this month in PL and OSL, true. But a Protoss going 0-5 against ZerO, Jaedong, Soulkey, and Calm is not shameful. He made several questionable errors in the games, but overall we still have to wait and see how he handles Baby and Killer. Though unless he pulls out some magic I'm not sure if he has a chance of retaining a spot on next month's ranking.

I'm still praying that Stork 3-0s his group and returns in the PR. Dear gods of Broodwar, grant Stork his dino toss powers. Thank you.


Stork is like 3-0 since the return.....

of his glasses.

Jangbi did lose games, but he lost to some of the best ZvPers out there(excluding Clam, although his ZvP isnt terrible).

On a more serious note, ZerO is wrecking, 10 win streak currently, however he failed to advance in individual leagues so :<.

Bogus perhaps should get a spot too, He played pretty well and although he was knocked out of the OSL, it was by Jaedong and Flash and he is now playing as the most solid player on STX and is their definite ace player.
WriterXiao8~~
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
July 14 2011 21:59 GMT
#396
On July 15 2011 06:09 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 07:56 Crisium wrote:
JangBi is a combined 0-5 this month in PL and OSL, true. But a Protoss going 0-5 against ZerO, Jaedong, Soulkey, and Calm is not shameful. He made several questionable errors in the games, but overall we still have to wait and see how he handles Baby and Killer. Though unless he pulls out some magic I'm not sure if he has a chance of retaining a spot on next month's ranking.

I'm still praying that Stork 3-0s his group and returns in the PR. Dear gods of Broodwar, grant Stork his dino toss powers. Thank you.

On a more serious note, ZerO is wrecking, 10 win streak currently, however he failed to advance in individual leagues so :<.


Not quite. ZerO dropped out of OSL prelims, but he's an MSL seed (and "defending" 2nd place) so he hasn't played yet and won't till August. Which is just a little different from failing to advance.
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
July 14 2011 23:32 GMT
#397
Zero is a monster at the moment, I'm excited to see him against KT and how he'll perform there.
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
July 15 2011 00:50 GMT
#398
Guys, I am just here to post this but I am high right now and of course I visit TL.net a lot during the time. God this place just feels magical! It feels like a place where the highest sages visit. And the PR ranks is where the most intellegence meets and act like a god towering over mortals (us to progamers as oppose that we fear the pros). That we are ranking them and they are fighting to survive on top 10. But this also brings character to the players.
For example, JangBi might feels somewhat more confident in doing good work and just felt a lazy during his practice games.
ZerO sounded like a king with 10 winning streaks to ravaged everyone at his passing
God (I mean TLers! lol), this feels so awesome!
Another thing is that when looking at VODs of them playing. It feels like I am observing and feeling the heartbeat, the thoughts, the veins of the players go pumping in and out. I am sensing their emotions.
Well it was a good day to congregate o brethren , good day to congregate.....
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
ffreakk
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2155 Posts
July 15 2011 07:42 GMT
#399
Just curious, if (yes IF T_T) Bisu 2-0 his group in OSL where would you guys put him this month? Since those are the only games he will be playing
Look. Only Forward. See. Only Victory.
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
July 15 2011 07:49 GMT
#400
On July 15 2011 16:42 ffreakk wrote:
Just curious, if (yes IF T_T) Bisu 2-0 his group in OSL where would you guys put him this month? Since those are the only games he will be playing


Well its gonna be hard to place anyone really... since yah its kinda that slow time again.

Also its MSL

I'm sure he won't move down if he 2-0's... I think >.>
Jaedong and Baby
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM827
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.