• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8625 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 8

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 66 Next
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 02 2010 13:47 GMT
#141
On August 02 2010 17:55 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2010 17:21 Scaramanga wrote:
"But then I think to myself, what if Effort were playing in this position and not Zero? Well the answer is, and was, that Effort would win (see their clash on Fighting Spirit). Effort has Flashes number and knows how to defeat his late-game turtle style, and given Jaedongs history no doubt he will have taken note and incorporated that into his repertoire."

What bullshit is this? Flash got dropped because you thought in that particular game effort would have won?
How do you know effort would have had a build that would have been just as effective as the one on fighting spirit? How don't you know flash wouldn't have smashed effort like he did first two games of the osl finals? You say that if effort was in zeros position he would have won, but progamers don't just play to the maps, they arn't just going to do the same shit over again. Flash would have had a different build that has been made for the player he's against, so saying effort would have beaten flash hence flash is no.2 is really frustrating. Just fyi i dont think flash deserves to be no.1, i just think the reason you give isn't worthy

Other than that awesome powerrank
I mentioned that game purely because that was Flashs only real saving grace this month. While still an impressive game, I don't think it's enough to really put him over Jaedong.

I know a lot of people are saying that Jaedong could have lost vs Kal - but the thing is he didn't. If you cast your mind back to Jan/Feb when Flash was in god mdoe he would frequently play himself into a disadvantage and then come back. While not as elegant as that, Jaedong did accomplish something similar. Coupled with his other recent performances he looked like the strong player

Erh, what did violet vs flash do to you? Plexa, I am sorry but, I feel like you ignore something, I mean, it would make that much more sense to me if flash lost 1st last month and regained it this month.
...
In the woods, there lurks..
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 14:33:58
August 02 2010 14:33 GMT
#142
Wow.
This is what a PR should look like.
No baby, no snow, no inconsistent players who have had a month long hot streak.
Just some of the most motherfucking solid brood war progamers to have walked this earth.
+ Show Spoiler +
nevermind that a bunch of them have gone through mini slumps lately

The top 7 is a laundry list of the top 2-3 players of each race for the last 2 years or so.
Awesome
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
iSiN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1075 Posts
August 02 2010 15:50 GMT
#143
it's glorious to see the dong on top again
Grouty @HoN/PCKJ <--<333 || Jaedong Fan Cafe GFX
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10347 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 17:09:39
August 02 2010 17:01 GMT
#144
PR seems fine this time, I guess. Except Effort is still way too high. And by way, I really mean a few spots.
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 02 2010 17:25 GMT
#145
backho for power rank! rofl
Writer
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 17:46:24
August 02 2010 17:44 GMT
#146
I actually don't have many problems with this rank. BeSt and free should be higher, but I concluded a while ago that Plexa hates Protoss. Light on the PR is a little questionable but not too bad. I'd put Sea over fantasy and EffOrt. Minor things.

But Plexa, I've got to say that something about your style of explanation is bothering me here. I'm not sure precisely what it is, but let me play professor for a moment:

Two ranks in a row, you've started off defensively. That's not a good way to sell your #1, especially when there's doubt. It may be honest, but it makes for poor PR reading.

Actually, that's pretty much the entire reason for all my problems with it. Every single pick you made (except Stork) has pretty much the "well you might disagree but" format to the justification. And I don't want to hear why someone doesn't belong - that's our job.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 18:08:53
August 02 2010 17:58 GMT
#147
On August 02 2010 10:31 StylishVODs wrote:
last month i'd been fine with jaedong at first but this month i expected flash to keep his spot.

Yeah, last month flash's results were short of great (and dong was on top of his game). So far this month Flash has been doing good (haters gonna hate, but I loved that game vs Zero). Dong's series vs kal however was pretty bad, and that muta all-in vs sea was just terrible.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 02 2010 18:15 GMT
#148
On August 03 2010 02:58 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2010 10:31 StylishVODs wrote:
last month i'd been fine with jaedong at first but this month i expected flash to keep his spot.

Yeah, last month flash's results were short of great (and dong was on top of his game). So far this month Flash has been doing good (haters gonna hate, but I loved that game vs Zero). Dong's series vs kal however was pretty bad, and that muta all-in vs sea was just terrible.

And the 11 games he won were?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 02 2010 18:20 GMT
#149
On August 03 2010 03:15 Shikyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 02:58 moopie wrote:
On August 02 2010 10:31 StylishVODs wrote:
last month i'd been fine with jaedong at first but this month i expected flash to keep his spot.

Yeah, last month flash's results were short of great (and dong was on top of his game). So far this month Flash has been doing good (haters gonna hate, but I loved that game vs Zero). Dong's series vs kal however was pretty bad, and that muta all-in vs sea was just terrible.

And the 11 games he won were?


Han, Ssak, Movie (who has been slumping for ages now), Britney (lol) and 2 vZs. I've already touched up on the series vs Kal.

His game vs Sea on Fortress was nice though.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
August 02 2010 18:44 GMT
#150
On August 02 2010 08:17 swanized wrote:
my belief about this is that post is only relevant if the poster don't have an OZ or KTF tag


conclusion: OZ and KTF fans...come to woongjin...we have credibility (and cookies)


Wait, since when do we have cookies? I was not informed of this development.

Free looks like he's trying to make his first OSL count. Zero will get to the Ro8 then lose, as usual...
Zero fighting.
ilj.psa
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Peru3081 Posts
August 02 2010 19:20 GMT
#151
compeltely agree with the list, well deserve Fantasy also recently giving skt1 the wins through 2 ace matches
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 19:43:51
August 02 2010 19:40 GMT
#152
I agree with the rankings, but I don't agree with the justifications.
I don't believe flash has been "solved", and your "oh, well, ignore those losses" for jaedong are ...iffy.
Progamers drop games - and it doesn't mean they have been "solved". However, if flash was playing at 50% for 4 months, I would agree.
Edit: though I disagree about BeSt
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 02 2010 20:14 GMT
#153
On August 03 2010 02:44 Musoeun wrote:
I actually don't have many problems with this rank. BeSt and free should be higher, but I concluded a while ago that Plexa hates Protoss. Light on the PR is a little questionable but not too bad. I'd put Sea over fantasy and EffOrt. Minor things.

But Plexa, I've got to say that something about your style of explanation is bothering me here. I'm not sure precisely what it is, but let me play professor for a moment:

Two ranks in a row, you've started off defensively. That's not a good way to sell your #1, especially when there's doubt. It may be honest, but it makes for poor PR reading.

Actually, that's pretty much the entire reason for all my problems with it. Every single pick you made (except Stork) has pretty much the "well you might disagree but" format to the justification. And I don't want to hear why someone doesn't belong - that's our job.

This sums up what I am trying to say :S
In the woods, there lurks..
Initial_H.C.
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada560 Posts
August 02 2010 20:32 GMT
#154
I'm so glad to see BeSt back on Power Rank! Stop dropping out of leagues please =(
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
August 02 2010 20:33 GMT
#155
That was the most accurate PR I've ever seen. I agree with everything.
brood war for life, brood war forever
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 02 2010 23:03 GMT
#156
On August 03 2010 02:44 Musoeun wrote:
I actually don't have many problems with this rank. BeSt and free should be higher, but I concluded a while ago that Plexa hates Protoss. Light on the PR is a little questionable but not too bad. I'd put Sea over fantasy and EffOrt. Minor things.


Plexa hates Protoss? I'm pretty sure he plays Protoss.

The reality is that Protoss players just haven't been dishing out results. Free maybe could have been a bit higher, but I can't seem him even being considered top 5 given the strength of Flash, JD, Effort, Sea, and Fantasy.

Best has been playing well for the first time now in a while. Until July, it seemed like he could only win in PvT. Even now, I wouldn't trust his PvZ to win over any competent Zerg in a bo5. You may consider Light's rank questionable for the same reasons and I'd agree (hey, I like Light and I like Best, but both of them have serious weaknesses).
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 00:14:11
August 03 2010 00:13 GMT
#157
On August 02 2010 23:33 jgju wrote:
Wow.
This is what a PR should look like.
No baby, no snow, no inconsistent players who have had a month long hot streak.
Just some of the most motherfucking solid brood war progamers to have walked this earth.
+ Show Spoiler +
nevermind that a bunch of them have gone through mini slumps lately

The top 7 is a laundry list of the top 2-3 players of each race for the last 2 years or so.
Awesome

Missing Leta, but otherwise yes.

On August 03 2010 08:03 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 02:44 Musoeun wrote:
I actually don't have many problems with this rank. BeSt and free should be higher, but I concluded a while ago that Plexa hates Protoss. Light on the PR is a little questionable but not too bad. I'd put Sea over fantasy and EffOrt. Minor things.

The reality is that Protoss players just haven't been dishing out results. Free maybe could have been a bit higher, but I can't seem him even being considered top 5 given the strength of Flash, JD, Effort, Sea, and Fantasy.

Protoss were kind of boned on maps for a while. Notice the current revival comes when Protoss-friendly maps enter the map pool.
My strategy is to fork people.
MyLifeForIron
Profile Joined August 2010
13 Posts
August 03 2010 01:42 GMT
#158
I bet I know why Hiya isn't on the PR or nice-try list. It's because he has been Mr. Ceremonio lately. Entertaining, but not amusing to all. If it comes down to tiebreakers, and you aren't being a nice boy...well, it's only fair that you get left off. Just like Jim Rice took a zillion years to get into the baseball hall of fame. Reporters remembered that snarly-ass attitude...and got even by not voting for him.

Plus + Show Spoiler +
Hiya just lost again.
Fe = fast expand? No, it stands for IRON
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
August 03 2010 03:09 GMT
#159
Way to go Bisu!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
August 03 2010 03:13 GMT
#160
On August 03 2010 08:03 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 02:44 Musoeun wrote:
I actually don't have many problems with this rank. BeSt and free should be higher, but I concluded a while ago that Plexa hates Protoss. Light on the PR is a little questionable but not too bad. I'd put Sea over fantasy and EffOrt. Minor things.


Plexa hates Protoss? I'm pretty sure he plays Protoss.

The reality is that Protoss players just haven't been dishing out results. Free maybe could have been a bit higher, but I can't seem him even being considered top 5 given the strength of Flash, JD, Effort, Sea, and Fantasy.

Best has been playing well for the first time now in a while. Until July, it seemed like he could only win in PvT. Even now, I wouldn't trust his PvZ to win over any competent Zerg in a bo5. You may consider Light's rank questionable for the same reasons and I'd agree (hey, I like Light and I like Best, but both of them have serious weaknesses).


Riddle me this: why is Stork above free? If Stork is #7, then free should be #6 at least. He doesn't have the same win rate, but he's gotten just as far in the OSL and got farther in the MSL. And hasn't played in the Masters yet (4 of Stork's 8 wins).

My personal rank would probably put Flash/Jaedong 1 and 2 (I wouldn't argue either order), then Sea, fantasy, free, Bisu, EffOrt. EffOrt looks shaky to me, basically because losing like that to fantasy really gave him a question mark in my mind. An S-class Zerg shouldn't lose to fantasy when it matters, certainly not when he hasn't had the time to prep. Sea I think got under-rated this month given his starleague performance, but it's not a big difference. Of course Bisu's had his starleague problems, so maybe EffOrt should be ahead of him, but Bisu's playoffs have been much better.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 274
SteadfastSC 103
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2422
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
summit1g6774
Grubby2343
shahzam573
ToD242
C9.Mang0184
UpATreeSC58
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 72
• Hupsaiya 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 34
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21023
League of Legends
• TFBlade562
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 47m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 47m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.