• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6695 users

Power Rank 08/01/2010 - Page 48

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 66 Next
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
September 03 2010 18:28 GMT
#941
So I thought his game against flash was really wtf.... He went all-in muta... then he like didn't commit to the attack and instead ran around taking free hits from the turrets... Which from game theory doesn't ever seem like a good idea. If you're going all in... you better damn well go all-in.
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-03 18:49:01
September 03 2010 18:44 GMT
#942
He did commit, but it just failed. There was little point to go on either way. You can continue suicide units into Flash's defense, or you can expand like 3 times and hope he doesn't attack for a while.

It was actually a pretty good all-in build, I thought. I suspect everybody in SKT1 had an anti-flash build ready and waiting on their particular set. Flash just seemed to know it was all-in and really turreted up. Against most terrans, the all-in would've worked.
blahman3344
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2015 Posts
September 03 2010 20:20 GMT
#943
I think it would be a good idea for Plexa to wait till the end of this month to write the new PR, because by then we will have seen a lot more games from more players to have a clearer decision on who belongs where
I like haikus and / I can not lie. You other / brothers can't deny
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
September 03 2010 20:30 GMT
#944
On September 04 2010 05:20 blahman3344 wrote:
I think it would be a good idea for Plexa to wait till the end of this month to write the new PR, because by then we will have seen a lot more games from more players to have a clearer decision on who belongs where

But there won't be any more games from more players this month... only Flash and Jaedong have games left to play (and they already played over 30 games each since the beginning of August, which should be plenty to judge from).
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
BookTwo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
1985 Posts
September 04 2010 01:59 GMT
#945
but the osl finals could decide who gets 1st place
bluetrolls
Profile Joined October 2009
United States139 Posts
September 04 2010 03:18 GMT
#946
On September 04 2010 10:59 BookTwo wrote:
but the osl finals could decide who gets 1st place

In September. In August, Flash is number 1.
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
September 04 2010 04:20 GMT
#947
On September 04 2010 12:18 bluetrolls wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2010 10:59 BookTwo wrote:
but the osl finals could decide who gets 1st place

In September. In August, Flash is number 1.

Agreed. Where is the PR btw?
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-04 04:23:31
September 04 2010 04:22 GMT
#948
I know that Bisu performed like a stink bomb, but I hope he won't be dropped out of PR entirely. My heart can't take this anymore.

On the other hand, I will rage if Fantasy is not PR #3.
Vokasak
Profile Joined July 2010
United States388 Posts
September 04 2010 05:00 GMT
#949
Flash has been a shoe-in at every finals for every starleague for the past three seasons. I don't see how anyone could even think about putting anybody, even JD, above him. It's a disrespect to everything Flash has accomplished. JD is good. He's really good. Really, really good. He's on a level above everybody else except Flash. The problem is that Flash is at an extra level above that.

Give it two or so years, when all the fanboyism has cleared, and people will look back and recognize that this has been the era of Flash.
Practical wisdom is the combination of moral will and moral skill
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
September 04 2010 05:05 GMT
#950
I am not really all that happy that the PR is delayed... PR was supposed to be a monthly matter. But whatever...

On the other hand I would like to point out that Flash just reach double finals for the 3rd time (!) in row (!!!). If that's not insane then I don't know what is?

As far as I remember the only players to ever reach double finals were Nada, Savior and Jaedong this season.

This (coupled with WL and PL) must be the most successful year that any progamer in BW ever had .

Cpadolf
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden1199 Posts
September 04 2010 07:42 GMT
#951
On September 04 2010 14:00 Vokasak wrote:
Flash has been a shoe-in at every finals for every starleague for the past three seasons. I don't see how anyone could even think about putting anybody, even JD, above him. It's a disrespect to everything Flash has accomplished. JD is good. He's really good. Really, really good. He's on a level above everybody else except Flash. The problem is that Flash is at an extra level above that.

Give it two or so years, when all the fanboyism has cleared, and people will look back and recognize that this has been the era of Flash.


You can't take things that happened 4-10 months ago into account when making this months (well next months) PR though. If Jaedong wins against Flash in the OSL final, depending on how he does it, you can argue that in the last two months or so Jaedong has outperformed Flash. The year as a whole without a doubt belongs to Flash though.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-04 08:32:27
September 04 2010 08:32 GMT
#952
On September 04 2010 14:00 Vokasak wrote:
Flash has been a shoe-in at every finals for every starleague for the past three seasons. I don't see how anyone could even think about putting anybody, even JD, above him. It's a disrespect to everything Flash has accomplished. JD is good. He's really good. Really, really good. He's on a level above everybody else except Flash. The problem is that Flash is at an extra level above that.

Give it two or so years, when all the fanboyism has cleared, and people will look back and recognize that this has been the era of Flash.


While flash is dominating yes I wouldn't put him an on extra level above Jaedong. For the year yes Flash is by no doubt #1 but Jaedong has been playing amazing for the most part the past couple months.

In a bo5 Jaedong is the only one who can beat flash right now (possibly Stork but I still doubt it). Jaedong almost came back in the MSL this year after being down 2-0 to him and on bad maps (no I am not blaming the maps for Jaedong losing either just saying).

in this up coming OSL I honestly think Jaedong's going to win I just don't see him not winning this one. I could be wrong but I really think Jaedong will beat Flash this time as hopefully he stops doing his 7 hatch into no units build that he's been dying to against stork/flash lately.

Only time will tell while this year by far belongs to Flash I still wouldn't put him a "extra level beyond" Jaedong. If jaedong had gotten 3-0'd this MSL and this up coming OSL I would agree.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
September 04 2010 12:13 GMT
#953
Right now, the only 3 players I'd give a chance against flash in a Bo5 are Effort(he's good at mindgames+cheese), Jaedong, Fantasy, and Stork.
Flash is #1 in my book unless he falls apart in OSL finals. But I really don't see him doing that. Jaedong is more likely to looking at how tired he is.
Truth be told I don't like having Flash at the top. Let this be the last dual Flash finals.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
September 04 2010 13:40 GMT
#954
On September 04 2010 14:05 Lebesgue wrote:
I am not really all that happy that the PR is delayed... PR was supposed to be a monthly matter. But whatever...

On the other hand I would like to point out that Flash just reach double finals for the 3rd time (!) in row (!!!). If that's not insane then I don't know what is?

As far as I remember the only players to ever reach double finals were Nada, Savior and Jaedong this season.

This (coupled with WL and PL) must be the most successful year that any progamer in BW ever had .



Chojja too if memory serves, but he lost both.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 04 2010 14:06 GMT
#955
I think it's a bad decision to delay the PR. There should be a PR for September in which Flash is #1, and then whoever wins the OSL gets #1 next month (with everyone else in the same spots).
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
September 04 2010 14:19 GMT
#956
On September 04 2010 23:06 Holgerius wrote:
I think it's a bad decision to delay the PR. There should be a PR for September in which Flash is #1, and then whoever wins the OSL gets #1 next month (with everyone else in the same spots).

But what's the point if you don't really like Flash?
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
setzer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3284 Posts
September 04 2010 14:25 GMT
#957
On September 04 2010 23:06 Holgerius wrote:
I think it's a bad decision to delay the PR. There should be a PR for September in which Flash is #1, and then whoever wins the OSL gets #1 next month (with everyone else in the same spots).


I disagree. Is that the only reason you can come up with for making a September power rank? At least delaying until after the 11th promotes longer discussion and makes sense because of the lack of games. If this is the end of proleague and BW I rather the power rank go out in greatness.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
September 04 2010 14:37 GMT
#958
we seriously need a new PR !
and don't wait until Sept 11th, because if JD wins 3-2, it's gonna be a real shitstorm to determine who deserves #1. And I would hate that we use WCG finals to come to a decision.
ॐ
Wilczy
Profile Joined June 2010
Poland17 Posts
September 04 2010 14:50 GMT
#959
If JD wins OSL then just put those two on #1 together. They're dominating the scene. Flash and Jaedong. If JD fails, then there's no problem to put Flash on #1.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 04 2010 14:58 GMT
#960
On September 04 2010 23:37 endy wrote:
we seriously need a new PR !
and don't wait until Sept 11th, because if JD wins 3-2, it's gonna be a real shitstorm to determine who deserves #1. And I would hate that we use WCG finals to come to a decision.

Exactly. Both JD and Flash have said that they consider this OSL final to be the most important one in their careers. JD is going prepare as if his life depended on it, because if he doesn't win Flash has pretty much officially won BW. If the BW scene is indeed going to die I wouldn't want the last #1 on the PR to be controversial which it would be whoever is there if JD won. Is Flash going to be #2 based on losing a meaningless series that both players said they didn't prepare for while winning PL and going 1-1 vs JD in Starleague finals? They would be so close it would be impossible to separate them. Controversy can be fun, but it's just pointless to do this IMO.

And if the scene goes on, why would we all of a sudden skip a month (or make a PR based on literally 0 games)? We have plenty of games to decide who's #1 for a September PR (Flash won both PL and MSL vs the only one who could possibly take his place) that should be released now, and then we would have the OSL finals to decide who's #1 in the October PR. Simple and fair. But sure, if you're a Flash anti-fan it's probably really fun to see him getting robbed of a month at the top.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 214
Nina 136
ViBE77
SpeCial 66
Nathanias 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12429
Artosis 539
NaDa 29
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever291
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox589
Mew2King89
Other Games
summit1g6459
Grubby2695
Liquid`RaSZi1864
shahzam660
WinterStarcraft430
C9.Mang0304
JimRising 303
Trikslyr26
JuggernautJason3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
Other Games
gamesdonequick20
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• musti20045 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie762
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 6m
INu's Battles
12h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 6m
OSC
23h 21m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.