• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:25
CEST 21:25
KST 04:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13102 users

What do you think our horse banner? - Page 9

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
July 23 2010 13:37 GMT
#161
Don't ever change it, EVER! This is TL's identity.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
July 23 2010 13:54 GMT
#162
never change! never surrender to the new guys!
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
July 23 2010 14:00 GMT
#163
I'd only agree to a change, if we get Robot Unicorns with magical rainbows and dolphins instead :D
Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
July 23 2010 14:07 GMT
#164
On July 23 2010 09:28 Grobyc wrote:
I'd prefer it stay the same, but I wouldn't hate a change if it actually looked really really nice.

This basically sums up my thoughts.
r1nce
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia25 Posts
July 23 2010 14:14 GMT
#165
I initially thought I'd come to the wrong site after hearing HD talk about it in a replay.

Now that I'm used to them... *shrug*

I very rarely have the title bar visible as I scroll through the forums.
Viruuus
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany451 Posts
July 23 2010 14:20 GMT
#166
i like it because it reminds me of napoleon dynamite, one of my favorite movies ever
Lee Jae Dong fighting!!!
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
July 23 2010 14:21 GMT
#167
Why is "old" used as a negative trait? Those mentalities these days... TL should be proud of its age.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 23 2010 14:29 GMT
#168
To be honest, I kinda just glance over it every time I visit the site. I don't think I've ever paid much attention to it unless someone mentions horses on banner.
God Bless
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
July 23 2010 14:31 GMT
#169
On July 23 2010 11:47 Leath wrote:
I simply love those horses, they are such a strong trademark for Teamliquid. Please, do never change it.

My only concern is the artistic right.
Because those horses come from a painting by Jim Warren.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Unless the artist has complained about it, then I see no problem in keeping the horses.

TL has the permission of the Jim Warren to use it. Read the introduction.
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
July 23 2010 14:35 GMT
#170
I never even noticed the horses until now.
Zerilous
Profile Joined February 2010
United States22 Posts
July 23 2010 14:52 GMT
#171
Keep them.
Because it seems some people don't even notice them, like me. I never even looked deeply at the banner until just now and realized they were horses. Well, I knew there were horses, I just never acknowledged it, if that makes any sense...Okay, I'm gonna stop rambling, just keep the horses.
Losing is learning
Iron_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States389 Posts
July 23 2010 15:03 GMT
#172
From a business standpoint, the horses are part of your brand. However, institutions that stand the test of time know how to adapt and change with the times. Personally I would keep the brand by using the same theme, but do a redesign to make the site look updated.

I personally dont care and will visit anyway, but if it were mine I would update every so often.
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
July 23 2010 15:05 GMT
#173
If you're thinking of updating it, just make a new one and put it up to a vote. As it stands now this poll is awesome vs potentially more awesome.
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
July 23 2010 15:08 GMT
#174
I don't care, I don't exactly come to tl for the banner.
I'll call Nada.
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
July 23 2010 15:14 GMT
#175
I'm used to it, but it may look bad to new users

I don't mind, it's only a banner... but at 1st I taught that TL was a "unicorn attack champion league" lolz!

that being said... it's ONLY A BANNER!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
July 23 2010 15:22 GMT
#176
On July 24 2010 00:14 Konsume wrote:
I'm used to it, but it may look bad to new users


thats what i went with too

but it gives a gay image to new user and its unique in a bad way imo. if tl is gonna make something new it must be unique and really good so this one will be hard to top just because so many r used to it :D
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
Zeburial
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 15:29:55
July 23 2010 15:29 GMT
#177
It's vital TL culture - don't ever change it
Empires are not brought down by outside forces - they are destroyed by weaknesses from within
LuigiNMario
Profile Joined April 2010
United States456 Posts
July 23 2010 15:32 GMT
#178
Got used to it, don't mind if changed.
When there's Flash there's a way.
sCuMBaG
Profile Joined August 2006
United Kingdom1144 Posts
July 23 2010 15:34 GMT
#179
looks slightly gay..
but i'm used to it
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
July 23 2010 15:50 GMT
#180
This is teamliquid.net and if you dont like horsies you can just geddout. Or something like that twist of the southparkquote.

I would honestly get pissed off if it got changed.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Reynor 232
EmSc Tv 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 143
ZZZero.O 86
firebathero 83
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11240
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3824
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK5
Other Games
summit1g4630
Liquid`RaSZi2258
fl0m1721
FrodaN1313
olofmeister731
B2W.Neo711
Khaldor494
Beastyqt387
Livibee179
crisheroes164
Mew2King70
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 7
EmSc2Tv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur652
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 35m
Replay Cast
3h 35m
OSC
16h 35m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.