• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:39
CEST 01:39
KST 08:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13572 users

What do you think our horse banner? - Page 10

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 21 Next All
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
July 23 2010 15:54 GMT
#181
its time to move on, to evolve
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
July 23 2010 15:58 GMT
#182
On July 24 2010 00:54 disciple wrote:
its time to move on, to evolve


So... Zerg Horses?
I'll call Nada.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 23 2010 16:00 GMT
#183
It makes TL unique, and since TL already carries a big enough name for itself, it doesn't need to worry about attracting new people through a pretty banner, but rather the community will attract people by itself.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
July 23 2010 16:16 GMT
#184
I like it, but what is the story? Is it really just because nazgul liked it?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
ShabbySalami
Profile Joined July 2010
38 Posts
July 23 2010 16:32 GMT
#185
Well, from the perspective of a new user of the site, I did find the horses a bit odd when considering this is a SC site. In fact I wasn't so sure at first if I was even at the right site.. With that being said, I can care less if you changed them or kept them, If the horses have some type of rich history with TL then Id say keep them, if they just a web-site mascot so to speak, then perhaps it's time for a new one.LOL. Either way, Its all good.
All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.
MageKirby
Profile Joined July 2009
United States535 Posts
July 23 2010 16:38 GMT
#186
isn't that the tl symbol? D:
Full
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 16:45:34
July 23 2010 16:43 GMT
#187
I'm new, but to be 100% honest i seriously didn't actually know that there were horses up there rofl.

This is the first time i even noticed them. So for this new user atleast, it certainly didn't look bad, it just blended in nicely.




As someone said above though, it took me a while to realise if this was the right site, not because of the horses though.

I was more confused by the funky layout, usually banners down the left hand side link to articles and pages around the site, and there is a seperate link to the forums. So i spent atleast 5-10 minutes figuring out what was going on. (i'm probably just a bit slow though) :D
TheGrimace
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States929 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 16:56:38
July 23 2010 16:55 GMT
#188
I honestly never realized there were some epic looking horses up there. I think I just read "Team Liquid" and started browsing. I need to be more observant. This explains how I get cheesed...
Noxide
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2870 Posts
July 23 2010 17:09 GMT
#189
Would just look weird if it got changed, no problem with it. Reminds me of that kickass LOTR scene.

Can't believe so many people voted it really hurts TL lol. I think people who join a community based on some face value or banner are shallow anyway, and wouldn't contribute anything.
Flash ひなの戦争の王である || しかし、実際にはヤフーの ファンタジーサッカー、楽しいプレー私の週末を占めている
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 17:17:32
July 23 2010 17:16 GMT
#190
I used to hate that thing. Now Id go to war to defend it.

If you were going to change it at least keep it horses and snow/water themed.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
July 23 2010 17:24 GMT
#191
Only thing that would be more epic would be a banner full of pink robot unicorns sparkling rainbows and glowing pink topic threads.

Keep this banner please
"Mudkip"
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
July 23 2010 17:35 GMT
#192
Never change it ever!
Flameberger
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
July 23 2010 17:45 GMT
#193
When I first came to TL I saw them and felt like I don't belong here, this place is too cool for me.
AdamBanks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada996 Posts
July 23 2010 17:50 GMT
#194
Teamliquid - Starcraft and Horses

Is there anything more manlier? (besides mani)


Seriously keep those horses, TL would not be the same without em.....been looking at those beatiful beast's for almost a 3rd of my life and i don't know what i would do if i woke up one morning and they were gone...
I wrote a song once.
superjoppe
Profile Joined December 2004
Sweden3694 Posts
July 23 2010 17:51 GMT
#195
Wouldn't be so hard to make two themes and have them easy to choose between in ones profile page.
AdamBanks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada996 Posts
July 23 2010 17:52 GMT
#196
On July 24 2010 02:51 superjoppe wrote:
Wouldn't be so hard to make two themes and have them easy to choose between in ones profile page.


I would call for horse enforcement.
I wrote a song once.
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
July 23 2010 18:26 GMT
#197
I don't care much about the horses. TL is so much more...
I would love if our banner came from inside the community though, and not by some Jim Warren.
화이팅
10or10
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden517 Posts
July 23 2010 18:28 GMT
#198
Voted "Vital" but honestly I am more concerned with the general look of the site.

The design (and lightweightedness) is awesome! But the specific issue with the horsies is of more nostalgic "keep TL as it is"-feeling.
|| @10or10 || 이영호 이제동 - 화이팅 ^^ ||
Chesner
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Iceland817 Posts
July 23 2010 18:30 GMT
#199
If you feel the urge to change it, just don't have some silly starcraft 2 banner.
I like the horses as is tho.
PENGUINS
lu_cid
Profile Joined April 2008
United States428 Posts
July 23 2010 18:31 GMT
#200
It's fine and I'm used to it, but it is a bit dated. Perhaps a new horse banner, and maybe even a layout update?
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings63
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta13
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O129
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9308
Artosis 651
GuemChi 208
ZZZero.O 129
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
monkeys_forever2
League of Legends
Doublelift6195
JimRising 399
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe62
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3817
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1888
Livibee411
C9.Mang0402
Maynarde167
Mew2King42
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1163
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• musti20045 34
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1461
• Scarra1171
• Shiphtur621
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 21m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.