• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:03
CEST 12:03
KST 19:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8098 users

Interview: Quantic.NaNiwa - Page 6

Forum Index > News
289 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
May 16 2012 17:33 GMT
#101
On May 17 2012 02:32 Sargonian wrote:
funny how everyone has been talking about late game PvT overpower and Naniwa just like, nope, orbitals, gg.

There is a difference between late game and super late game.
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
May 16 2012 17:37 GMT
#102
stephano deserves more respect.

thanks for the interview wax!
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-17 17:03:52
May 16 2012 17:37 GMT
#103
Very good interview.

"but clearly I play this game not for the money, I think I’ve told everyone that several times. I only play to prove that I am the best, or whatever. So of course, if people say that someone is the best foreigner, then I want to prove them wrong. Unless it’s me, obviously. I hope eventually I will play Stephano, and ThorZaIN, and so on, and we can all decide once and for all."

So awesome...... always challenging everyone with a twinkle in his eye
Damn... Naniwa is such a unique person in every way, wow, I LOVE HIM :')))!!!! There's no player like him and I guess there never will be.

Additional thoughts:
In the end of the day, when all smoke clears our, there is only truth, and I think thats how he lives. He can admit if he's shit, admit protoss is imba on some map, criticize himself in every regard if he knows so, or give credit to anyone where credit is due (regardless what he thinks of the PERSON). I respect that more than anything.

---
Btw, by thanking Swedish fans does not imply saying "fu" to anyone not Swedish... keep that in mind. Do not assume what is not said .
I know he deeply appreciates all true fans, not caring where you live, who you are, or what language you speak.
On May 17 2012 22:27 Naniwa wrote:
i didnt mean to only thank my swedish fans, i meant in perticular since there was so many of them there at the GSL studio ! i appriciate all my fans



<3 Naniwa <3
(:
Solo Terran
Profile Joined November 2011
367 Posts
May 16 2012 17:41 GMT
#104
I'm going to have to start making Planetaries everywhere :D.

Good read I hope he does well next season.
fr4nk1sh
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden59 Posts
May 16 2012 17:43 GMT
#105
Thanks great read ! gogo Nani
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
May 16 2012 17:44 GMT
#106
Love naniwas interviews, such an honest guy and I find I agree with him 95% of the time too.
Orval
Profile Joined February 2012
Norway236 Posts
May 16 2012 17:47 GMT
#107
Incredibly good interview, felt really personal and honest. Good job.
InDaHouse
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden956 Posts
May 16 2012 17:53 GMT
#108
Great interview! Thanks
Stork protoss legend
dnld12
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States324 Posts
May 16 2012 17:55 GMT
#109
Naniwa is growing up to be a real baller :D
When life gives you Stalkers, Get blink.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
May 16 2012 18:07 GMT
#110
I lost all my respect for Naniwa knowing he's a socks burglar !

Just kidding, sick interview, gogo Nani <3

PS : Nani, stop thinking all your fans are swedes
Kerence
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1817 Posts
May 16 2012 18:11 GMT
#111
Thanks for the interview!
I am here in the shadows.
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
May 16 2012 18:12 GMT
#112
Take home message:

- All other foreingers are basically trash, especially Stephano who is "an average zerg"
- Nani is better than MVP, who is a lucky guy
- Contrary to popular belief, TvP lategame is in fact easier for terran

He is such a brilliant troll. I love it.

Good player too.
oneill12
Profile Joined February 2012
Romania1222 Posts
May 16 2012 18:12 GMT
#113
Nice interview!
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
May 16 2012 18:16 GMT
#114
On May 17 2012 03:07 MrCon wrote:
I lost all my respect for Naniwa knowing he's a socks burglar !

Just kidding, sick interview, gogo Nani <3

PS : Nani, stop thinking all your fans are swedes


My swedish citizenship is going well, I WILL BE RECOGNIZED.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
May 16 2012 18:16 GMT
#115
Awesome interview.

Surprised to see not a lot of respect for MVP's skills... I guess his injuries have slowed him alot.
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
May 16 2012 18:21 GMT
#116
Pretty good, he sounded really realistic. GL next season!
Mmm, what to watch.
michielbrands
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1146 Posts
May 16 2012 18:24 GMT
#117
Damn Naniwa keeps me amazed This dude is gold :D Very nice and insightfull interview
- me (L) competitive gaming -
teamhozac
Profile Joined April 2012
404 Posts
May 16 2012 18:25 GMT
#118
What a whiner, not giving MVP ANY credit for his wins, this guy is the epitome of pathetic
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
May 16 2012 18:27 GMT
#119
you just don't steal another man's socks and then wear them Socks are like underwear, personal and for 1 person only

Good read though.
decerto
Profile Joined November 2011
244 Posts
May 16 2012 18:28 GMT
#120
So much insight in this interview, he basically just explained why the koreans are better.

"Basically, I placed well and beat good enough players to claim that I am pretty good. And if I don’t have confidence in myself, then no one else will either, so I have to at least, even if I do suck – which I hope I don’t – I have to believe that I’m good at least."
is an amazing quote
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19024
firebathero 2223
Bisu 683
Hyuk 465
Horang2 220
BeSt 205
EffOrt 114
Sexy 111
Larva 109
Leta 108
[ Show more ]
Soma 94
Killer 84
Light 81
Dewaltoss 80
ZerO 55
ToSsGirL 49
soO 43
Rush 36
Pusan 35
Sharp 32
Shinee 25
Aegong 23
Bale 21
NaDa 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 16
sorry 14
JulyZerg 11
Barracks 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 168
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss972
byalli705
kRYSTAL_47
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
crisheroes716
Other Games
gofns29777
singsing1676
olofmeister1031
ceh9681
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2373
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 57m
OSC
11h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 57m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.