• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8986 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL - Mandate of Heaven - Page 2

Forum Index > News
139 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
SoulTakerz
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada353 Posts
October 04 2011 23:11 GMT
#21
BW FOR LIVE
Lee Jae fucking Dong Bitches
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
October 04 2011 23:16 GMT
#22
As always, thanks for taking the time to make this.

I'm still kind of sad about Killer getting knocked out. Even when he was just starting, I've always liked him even with that penchant for choking when he's ahead, and he's come a long way from there. Looking forward to seeing how he does next season!
connoisseur
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
October 04 2011 23:16 GMT
#23
This article just reinforces why and how much I love Starcraft. I love the game, I love the players, I love everything about it. I can't wait for the next OSL and Proleague. I've really liked Jangbi ever since I first knew about him, and him finally winning did bring at least a few tears to my eyes.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
October 04 2011 23:28 GMT
#24
JANGBANG
zappa372
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Chile365 Posts
October 04 2011 23:28 GMT
#25
Every time I watch that last game and see the Horn guy crying, tears populate my eyes.

I've been a fan since 2008, this is this the best OSL finals I've ever gotten to see.
EE HAN TIMING!
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
October 04 2011 23:29 GMT
#26
HEO YEONG MOO! HEO YEONG MOO! HEO YEONG MOO!
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
October 04 2011 23:30 GMT
#27
JANGBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! I love you OSL writers.
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
October 04 2011 23:32 GMT
#28
Sick article! But what about Jaedong? I thought that was a pretty crushing loss for him to be in a group with all zergs... and still losing -.-
133 221 333 123 111
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 23:34:49
October 04 2011 23:34 GMT
#29
Loved how Flash got to the semi with his injured hand and lost 1-2 because of a bulldog in g3 lol.
Still well done Jangbi.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
October 04 2011 23:37 GMT
#30
Um, I'm not sure how to put this elegantly so I'm going to go for blunt.

When Jangbi just stormed back (except for when he didn't storm at all) from a huge slump to take the OSL final in grand style...

...how the hell is soo's run the "Story of the Tournament" with not even a runner-up? If it wasn't so cliche by now I'd scream "blatant SKT fanboy-ness".

Ahem.

Apart from that*, a great write-up.

* (And Kwark focusing way too much about the RPS effect in the battle reports... even if it's true, I prefer drama. But I can't really complain.)
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
October 04 2011 23:40 GMT
#31
Damn it, Kwark.... hahaha
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
October 04 2011 23:41 GMT
#32
On October 05 2011 08:37 VGhost wrote:
Um, I'm not sure how to put this elegantly so I'm going to go for blunt.

When Jangbi just stormed back (except for when he didn't storm at all) from a huge slump to take the OSL final in grand style...

...how the hell is soo's run the "Story of the Tournament" with not even a runner-up? If it wasn't so cliche by now I'd scream "blatant SKT fanboy-ness".

Ahem.

Apart from that*, a great write-up.

* (And Kwark focusing way too much about the RPS effect in the battle reports... even if it's true, I prefer drama. But I can't really complain.)


I think the part about SoO was written sarcastically, lol.
darkness overpowering
whatusername
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada1181 Posts
October 04 2011 23:43 GMT
#33
On October 05 2011 08:37 VGhost wrote:
Um, I'm not sure how to put this elegantly so I'm going to go for blunt.

When Jangbi just stormed back (except for when he didn't storm at all) from a huge slump to take the OSL final in grand style...

...how the hell is soo's run the "Story of the Tournament" with not even a runner-up? If it wasn't so cliche by now I'd scream "blatant SKT fanboy-ness".

Ahem.

Apart from that*, a great write-up.

* (And Kwark focusing way too much about the RPS effect in the battle reports... even if it's true, I prefer drama. But I can't really complain.)


that part was a joke
im gay
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
October 04 2011 23:43 GMT
#34
wow, what a writeup, wow
my pro BW withdrawal just got that much worse T_T
brood war for life, brood war forever
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
October 04 2011 23:49 GMT
#35
HOW LONG I WAITED FOR THIS ARTICLE!

Just full of happiness that it has arrived - will start reading now!
little water
Profile Joined September 2011
United States6 Posts
October 04 2011 23:49 GMT
#36
Oh man, I got chills watching all the old players in the OSL history; Grrrr..., Garimto, and seeing all those old names. Good nostalgia.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 00:03:48
October 04 2011 23:54 GMT
#37
On October 05 2011 07:49 KwarK wrote:
Best player of the tournament: Flash
This isn't even debatable. Flash is the best player in any selection of Brood War players of which he is one. That's just that. Given the piss poor display of decision making we saw in these finals (FE unopposed, win, he FEs unopposed, lose, FE unopposed, win, he puts a load of tanks in a choke, lose, he allins to siege nat then doesn't siege it, win) neither player even merits comparison with Flash.


Basically, regardless of how he plays, Flash is always the best. Even trying to take an early third base like a moron on Gladiator (hello clumped tanks and no vultures) and not playing to the map on Pathfinder. Great that we cleared that up.

I understand that your job in these write-ups is to provide emotionless analysis and I guess all in all you did a fine job with the finals. Some disagreements:
Game2: Scouting 14CC last on a 4player map is just tough luck. He tried DTs and then a recall. It didn't work out and Fantasy's defense was flawlessly in this specific game. We could have seen more from Jangbi in this game, but he would very likely have lost regardless of what he tried.
Game4: I guess we can all agree that Jangbi should have gotten the tie easily. But I didn't view the situation in such a way that he could have easily pulled a victory here. When you have no income, scarabs are surprisingly expensive, and Dragons don't kill tanks that well.
Game5: I basically disagree with everything you say about that game, so I'll just make that short. Fantasy's macro slipped up and that probably cost him the game. All the other flaws you see weren't there, plus not giving any credit to how Jangbi handled the situation, which was incredible.

All in all, I really dislike the way you wrote about this OSL. Maybe for a change next seaon, you could focus less on trying to find mistakes everywhere and try to see the good plays that happened.


I really enjoyed Waxangel's (easy as a Jangbi fan) and riptide's part.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
October 05 2011 00:02 GMT
#38
what a beautiful day it was =]
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
October 05 2011 00:05 GMT
#39
Broodwar is just so beautiful
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Seraphic
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3849 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 00:12:08
October 05 2011 00:05 GMT
#40
Bisu is still in the MSL. (If or when it starts.) As everyone else big are in MSL aside from Stork. (If I remember correctly Bisu knocked Stork out???) Flash is there, Fantasy, Jangbi too I believe, and JD?

MSL is going to be great. When/if it starts.

Edit: Nope Stork is still there. So ya this MSL is looking very nice at the moment.
Natus Vincere Fan | Team Secret Fan | SK Telecom T1 Fan | Lanaya the Templar Assassin <3
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 32m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.