• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL - Mandate of Heaven - Page 6

Forum Index > News
139 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
October 05 2011 11:59 GMT
#101
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
From the position he was in I'd have won that game as an offracing Terran.

Max iccup rank?
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
October 05 2011 12:33 GMT
#102
On October 05 2011 20:59 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
From the position he was in I'd have won that game as an offracing Terran.

Max iccup rank?

A-
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
October 05 2011 13:10 GMT
#103
While I rarely have time to watch BW, I just couldn't miss the OSL Finals. Totally worth it.

Fantasy's play in Game 5 was just so disappointing. He pretty much had it and then threw it away... *sigh*
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
October 05 2011 13:17 GMT
#104
Finally!

JangBi is da man.
Brood War loyalist
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
October 05 2011 13:49 GMT
#105
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
Fantasy is just not very smart. Normally I wouldn't hold that against him, a lot of people aren't very smart, but when he's an OSL finalist I have to try and do my job.


Its so frustrating...
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
Ohforf
Profile Joined July 2008
Singapore80 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 13:56:13
October 05 2011 13:55 GMT
#106

wow ninja fixed while i was posting!
Deus escreve certo por linhas tortas. L'heroisme tombe au niveau de debrouillage.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
October 05 2011 15:44 GMT
#107
too bad bisu has no part in the OSL
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
October 05 2011 16:14 GMT
#108
How can you have no runner up for "story of the tournament" then the next section is dedicated to Jangbi's Cindirella's story. Doesn't make any sense.
But well, overall it was a great read as usual so I forgive you for this mistake <3
ॐ
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
October 05 2011 16:20 GMT
#109
On October 05 2011 20:49 HopLight wrote:
Story of the tournament:

How is legend of the fall, revival of protoss, one of the two most ridiculed player in the last years (together with HoeJJa) winning not a fantastic, awesome story?

I don't get it. To me this was one of the most fantastic storylines ever.



On October 06 2011 01:14 endy wrote:
How can you have no runner up for "story of the tournament" then the next section is dedicated to Jangbi's Cindirella's story. Doesn't make any sense.
But well, overall it was a great read as usual so I forgive you for this mistake <3


l2recognizejokes
Writer:o
highsis
Profile Joined August 2011
259 Posts
October 05 2011 16:31 GMT
#110
When I read this article I was immediately depressed by KwarK's part. Maybe his analysis should have been placed at the end....

I almost feel like KwarK was trying to find mistakes rather then analyzing the series.
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
October 05 2011 16:31 GMT
#111
On October 06 2011 01:14 endy wrote:
How can you have no runner up for "story of the tournament" then the next section is dedicated to Jangbi's Cindirella's story. Doesn't make any sense.
But well, overall it was a great read as usual so I forgive you for this mistake <3


[image loading]
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
NukeTheStars
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States278 Posts
October 05 2011 17:52 GMT
#112
On October 05 2011 21:33 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 20:59 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
From the position he was in I'd have won that game as an offracing Terran.

Max iccup rank?

A-


I wonder what rank the MyStarleague finalists were, seeing as though none of them won a single game against the pros and all... You should compete, Kwark! Believe me when I say I would LOVE to commentate your OSL prelims games :D
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 18:08:05
October 05 2011 18:05 GMT
#113
On October 06 2011 02:52 NukeTheStars wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2011 21:33 KwarK wrote:
On October 05 2011 20:59 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
From the position he was in I'd have won that game as an offracing Terran.

Max iccup rank?

A-


I wonder what rank the MyStarleague finalists were, seeing as though none of them won a single game against the pros and all... You should compete, Kwark! Believe me when I say I would LOVE to commentate your OSL prelims games :D

No way in hell I'd be able to read the opponent on the fly as well as Fantasy, let alone execute it. I couldn't have gotten into the position Fantasy was in. My vantage point as an observer is better than his as a player, it's not unreasonable claim I can see his mistakes and his opportunities. That doesn't change the fact that once the natural stops mining the game is done, losing the second gas would have made even observers prohibitively expensive for JangBi, equally every interceptor loss would be expensive. He had everything he needed right there and let it slip away.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Assymptotic
Profile Joined February 2009
United States552 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 18:06:24
October 05 2011 18:06 GMT
#114
In response to the first battle report, I believe Jangbi opened with 11 nexus, but perhaps I miscounted.
So close, and yet so far
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
October 05 2011 18:32 GMT
#115
On October 05 2011 08:09 Talin wrote:
Well.

After mourning (kinda) Fantasy's back-to-back OSLs that weren't meant to be, the Proleague finals and soo's prematurely ended Royal Road, I figured there has to be something good to take from all of this: if JangBi could pull this out, so can Bisu next time.




nonono, JangBi will next time as well!!

The Last Bonjwa!
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
ArchDC
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia1996 Posts
October 05 2011 19:15 GMT
#116
Beautiful recap, great job writers!!

I'll never forget the 1st ep of OldBoy where Jangbi watched Nal_Ra's game against GoGo i think, not knowing it was Nal_Ra's game, and saying he has 0% chance of qualifying based on that play. =p

Jangbi can be really ruthless lol.
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
October 05 2011 20:30 GMT
#117
... Given his consistently awe-inspiring play, it’s not hard to understand how he became everyone's underdog favorite. soO quickly became a hero for Zerg and SKT fans alike, two fan bases tragically deprived of top players to rally around these days. After a hard-fought and completely deserved victory over Killer in the quarterfinals in spite of every disadvantage KeSPA could throw at him, soO’s courageous fight against the odds sadly ended in just three quick games in the semi-finals. It was a day of mourning for the fans, for Bunkie, and for StarCraft ...

Is TL being taken over by Romanians?
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
chaosTheory_14cc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1270 Posts
October 05 2011 20:54 GMT
#118
Finally, I was looking forward to reading this. I'm glad I found the time, wonderful article, and as always, a thank you to the writers. Definitely one of the most memorable OSL finals.
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
October 05 2011 21:18 GMT
#119
On October 06 2011 03:05 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 02:52 NukeTheStars wrote:
On October 05 2011 21:33 KwarK wrote:
On October 05 2011 20:59 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On October 05 2011 19:19 KwarK wrote:
From the position he was in I'd have won that game as an offracing Terran.

Max iccup rank?

A-


I wonder what rank the MyStarleague finalists were, seeing as though none of them won a single game against the pros and all... You should compete, Kwark! Believe me when I say I would LOVE to commentate your OSL prelims games :D

No way in hell I'd be able to read the opponent on the fly as well as Fantasy, let alone execute it. I couldn't have gotten into the position Fantasy was in. My vantage point as an observer is better than his as a player, it's not unreasonable claim I can see his mistakes and his opportunities. That doesn't change the fact that once the natural stops mining the game is done, losing the second gas would have made even observers prohibitively expensive for JangBi, equally every interceptor loss would be expensive. He had everything he needed right there and let it slip away.


well with oov retiring, give it some time and you'll have a pretty good shot at taking a series off fantasy
legendre20
Profile Joined November 2010
United States316 Posts
October 05 2011 21:26 GMT
#120
Great write up man.. I loved watching this OSL being a huge Fantasy fanboy, was nice to see Jangbi win it all though!

Killer's games were extremely entertaining to watch but nothing compares to those finals! Amazing to watch
"Sen, lings are OP" - HelloKittySS /// <3 http://www.twitch.tv/legendre20 <3
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 32m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.