• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:19
CEST 14:19
KST 21:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8550 users

No GOM Classic Season 4?

Forum Index > News
401 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All

No GOM Classic Season 4?

Text byHusky
September 14th, 2009 08:04 GMT
[image loading]



More updates and stuff (October 14th)

From lilsusie on Twitter.

"spoke to someone at GOM today, S4 is definitely in the works! no further information than that though... will keep you all posted!"




Update September 30
On September 30 2009 13:32 lilsusie wrote:
(Changed the guy's name to protect identity)

Susan says:
when is season 4 starting?
many people are asking
GOM guy says:
oh..
블리자드랑 케스파랑 협의 중이에요 (Blizzard and Kespa are in negotiations)
아마 12월쯤 (Possibly, December-ish)
Susan says:
ah, ok.
thank you
GOM guy says:
^^




Super Daniel Man just posted this on Twitter:

as of now I can safely say there won't be any more gomtv leagues with progamers in it.


Does anyone know more about this? I tried replying to it but don't expect him to respond. It would be a sad, sad day indeed if GOMTV isn't going to have a season 4, especially since they just got the backing of Blizzard.

Please post here if you hear anything more about this.

UPDATE

well, to make the long story short, under kespa there are 12 teams and most of them decided not to participate.


Also, a recent reply to this thread from Kennigit:

I spoke with daniel on msn a few hours ago. it's 100% real.


ANOTHER UPDATE

I just want to point out that I said "as of now" meaning it's pending, nothing was stated on the record.


Is there still hope?

More

to me it's pretty certain that league won't continue, at least not in the same fashion as last season,


nothing was stated on the record by them is what I meant, oh and everything I say is I do it of my own volition, and I always go on record!


I think tweeting is pretty much going on record lol, appropriate time to quote a movie I think Denzel washington in the movie


said one of the best lines in a movie " KING KONG AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME". Damn I love that line, it's been part of my lingual for years now.


so that's what I say to ppl that got upset by my tweet here in Korea, particularly you know who, oh I also want to say to them,



"KING KONG DOES HAVE SHIT ON YOU"
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 08:23:31
September 14 2009 08:08 GMT
#2
OMG STX/KESPA/GOM DRAMA KEPT JULYZERG FROM GOING TO BLIZZCON
too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris. STX stood by KESPA, hate it when players gets left out because of politics. Blizzard holding hands with GOMTV isn't affecting KESPA at all.


THERE NEEDS TO BE 20 PAGES OF RAGE ABOUT THIS
ModeratorGood content always wins.
village_idiot
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
2436 Posts
September 14 2009 08:09 GMT
#3
I'm thinking "foreigner tournament" or "amateur tournament".

But I'm also thinking "no tournament".
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
September 14 2009 08:12 GMT
#4
wtf?
blizzard go sponsor again luls
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
September 14 2009 08:14 GMT
#5
Hmmm.

Comparing these two:
"as of now I can safely say there won't be any more gomtv leagues"
"as of now I can safely say there won't be any more gomtv leagues with progamers in it."

That is big I think. They might just be moving in a different direction.
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-14 08:18:37
September 14 2009 08:18 GMT
#6
:'( T_T
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
September 14 2009 08:19 GMT
#7
On September 14 2009 17:08 motbob wrote:
OMG STX/KESPA/GOM DRAMA KEPT JULYZERG FROM GOING TO BLIZZCON
Show nested quote +
too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris.


Wasn't drama; July couldn't go because he lost to Effort.
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
September 14 2009 08:19 GMT
#8
On September 14 2009 17:08 motbob wrote:
Tasteless is out of a job oh no, everyone panic
Show nested quote +
STX stood by KESPA, hate it when players gets left out because of politics. Blizzard holding hands with GOMTV isn't affecting KESPA at all.

Without STX I guess GOM decided to give up.

OMG STX/KESPA/GOM DRAMA KEPT JULYZERG FROM GOING TO BLIZZCON
Show nested quote +
too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris.


THERE NEEDS TO BE 20 PAGES OF RAGE ABOUT THIS

I think he was referring to how July finished 4th in the tourney (needed 3rd to be considered)
blabberrrrr
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
September 14 2009 08:22 GMT
#9
On September 14 2009 17:19 Pyrrhuloxia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2009 17:08 motbob wrote:
OMG STX/KESPA/GOM DRAMA KEPT JULYZERG FROM GOING TO BLIZZCON
too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris.


Wasn't drama; July couldn't go because he lost to Effort.


Whats sad is Iris and Flash both didnt go to Blizzcon, so JulyZerg would have been able to just fine. And they RANDOMLY took Zero (I love Zero btw).

Who knows...
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
September 14 2009 08:23 GMT
#10
On September 14 2009 17:19 blabber wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2009 17:08 motbob wrote:
Tasteless is out of a job oh no, everyone panic
STX stood by KESPA, hate it when players gets left out because of politics. Blizzard holding hands with GOMTV isn't affecting KESPA at all.

Without STX I guess GOM decided to give up.

OMG STX/KESPA/GOM DRAMA KEPT JULYZERG FROM GOING TO BLIZZCON
too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris.


THERE NEEDS TO BE 20 PAGES OF RAGE ABOUT THIS

I think he was referring to how July finished 4th in the tourney (needed 3rd to be considered)

"too bad julyzerg can't goto blizzcon I know how much that boy wanted to go, he was next in line to go, after flash and iris. STX stood by KESPA, hate it when players gets left out because of politics. Blizzard holding hands with GOMTV isn't affecting KESPA at all."

That was SDM's full statement (you have to read Twitter posts backwards.) It's clear that July couldn't go because of STX breaking with GOM.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
September 14 2009 08:24 GMT
#11
Well then.

I think I speak for the entirety of Foreign Broodwar fans when I say...

Fuck you, Kespa!
Retvrn to Forvms
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
September 14 2009 08:25 GMT
#12
I really want Blizzard to somehow intervene and fuck Kespa hard...

Oh man I loveeed GOM. Shouldn't the title read GOM 4 not 3? I was confused when I clicked the thread (although it clears up immediately after reading OP).
youlijp
Profile Joined February 2009
Brazil112 Posts
September 14 2009 08:29 GMT
#13
Unbelievable that progamers wont be participating on gomtv tournaments anymore.. djzs christ
"I hate quotations" - Chang E. I.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
September 14 2009 08:30 GMT
#14
Time for foriegners to fill in the void and make GOM international.

I know Tasteless is in America until Oct 3rd or so according to facebook.
ModeratorGodfather
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
September 14 2009 08:35 GMT
#15
On September 14 2009 17:30 Manifesto7 wrote:
Time for foriegners to fill in the void and make GOM international.

I know Tasteless is in America until Oct 3rd or so according to facebook.

A new business model for GOM?

-Foreign sponsors
-Foreign players
-Professional casters
-Top foreigners go to Blizzcon? Top foreigners get flown to Korea for the finals?

LOTS of people watch GOM. It's got a huge following outside of TL.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
SpiritWolf
Profile Joined July 2008
United States127 Posts
September 14 2009 08:40 GMT
#16
The blacklisting of gom really doesn't surprise me. Gom is supported by blizzard. Kespa doesn't want blizzard to encroach on their market so they are discouraging players from doing gom. When SC2 comes out kespa will get owned and back down or gom will become the main source for sc2.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
September 14 2009 08:46 GMT
#17
Oh oops, I messed up the title. If someone could change it to 'Season 4' instead of 3 it would make a lot more sense.

Thanks!
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
September 14 2009 08:47 GMT
#18
Honestly I won't miss the tournament as a whole very much - there's just so many games being played when PL/MSL/OSL all get running at full speed, and GOM was never something I would make time to watch. I will however miss the chances to see unique/old-timer gamers in proper televised matches and not just prelims.
Moderator
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
September 14 2009 08:48 GMT
#19
He posted another twitter, btw:

well, to make the long story short, under kespa there are 12 teams and most of them decided not to participate.


http://twitter.com/superdanielman/status/3976454993
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
September 14 2009 08:50 GMT
#20
On September 14 2009 17:48 aers wrote:
He posted another twitter, btw:

Show nested quote +
well, to make the long story short, under kespa there are 12 teams and most of them decided not to participate.


http://twitter.com/superdanielman/status/3976454993


Updated
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1273
WardiTV608
OGKoka 188
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko392
OGKoka 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11353
Bisu 3680
FanTaSy 2754
Shuttle 2055
Jaedong 1110
actioN 840
BeSt 684
Horang2 545
EffOrt 527
Leta 206
[ Show more ]
Zeus 194
Larva 175
Barracks 113
Dewaltoss 109
Mind 101
Mini 85
Mong 79
sorry 51
soO 49
ToSsGirL 48
Sexy 47
Sea.KH 46
JYJ 45
scan(afreeca) 45
Bale 34
Killer 30
Shinee 30
sSak 28
Free 27
Snow 26
Aegong 21
HiyA 16
zelot 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 8
Yoon 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3128
Dendi731
XaKoH 326
qojqva171
Counter-Strike
x6flipin304
Other Games
singsing2525
Livibee2056
olofmeister1328
B2W.Neo667
crisheroes312
Pyrionflax209
hiko196
XBOCT187
dupreeh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7949
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN152
UltimateBattle 99
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1872
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 41m
Replay Cast
10h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 41m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.