• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:29
CEST 17:29
KST 00:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7978 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 555 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 04 2024 05:30 GMT
#381
On March 04 2024 14:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:10 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's take back that Vivax read.
Town read on DP at this point is absolutely rubbish.


I am never getting town read again after last game am I?

Your alignment is not that hard to figure out, it just takes a couple of game days.


Sure 😉


I’m pretty sure you called me mafia both of our town games together and called me town when either of us are mafia.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:31 GMT
#382
On March 04 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
[quote]May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Exactly. Dumb post from MZ.

Guess I am dumb by association but what else is new?

Anyway, back to reading
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:32 GMT
#383
On March 04 2024 12:45 iamperfection wrote:
maybe town been pretty loose with his thoughts imo so i would lean slightly town. Its early though

Are you pedaling forward or back? Lawdy
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 04 2024 05:33 GMT
#384
On March 04 2024 14:25 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:23 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:29 iamperfection wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:11 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
hbd Trfel,

I'm thinking of running for mayor, we haven't had mayor elections in a looong time (or I haven't played in a game with mayor elections in a long time).
May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.

Wait do you not know that there is only 1 vote for day 1 and that’s for the mayor

TSK TSK TSK

In addition to voting on a day 1 lynch, players will be voting for a Mayor. Prior to the end of day 1, the leading candidates for Mayor should pm me a name of their choosing to be killed alongside the day 1 lynch.

PM are allowed in this game? I was unaware.


No that's the OP quote pm Grack the votes.


Wait so we have electoral secrecy and nobody knows who voted for who when we voting by pm to grack. Usually i like this kind of democracy but not here. I want to see who votes on somebody
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 05:36 GMT
#385
That's just for the mayor choosing who they're killing. All other votes are public.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:36 GMT
#386
On March 04 2024 12:59 Vivax wrote:
I like Jacob shrugging it off that I found him a bit suspicious early, and I tend to read his writing style as scummy I think.

So for now I am at:

Maximum town: Me
Townish: DP, JS, iamp
Unsure: MZ
Very unsure: Trfel
Scummy : Oats

MZ is mayor competition and I believe would be an ideal mafia candidate. Can‘t pin much on him though. His focus pn conversing with Trfel is noteworthy.

Trfel seemed like he mistook MZ for me with the promise to vote Palmar. Strikes me as low confidence tone wise.

DP I think is actively looking for mafia already and I felt like I had a congruent thinking moment when it came to Oats.

Them list posts coming off early with this one,

Hi

If you like electing trolls

I will lynch vivax
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 04 2024 05:39 GMT
#387
On March 04 2024 14:36 JacobStrangelove wrote:
That's just for the mayor choosing who they're killing. All other votes are public.

But i want to see that too. Mafia will vote on the same scum person. Risk for having scum major is even higher
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 05:39 GMT
#388
On March 04 2024 14:39 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:36 JacobStrangelove wrote:
That's just for the mayor choosing who they're killing. All other votes are public.

But i want to see that too. Mafia will vote on the same scum person. Risk for having scum major is even higher

what are you talking about
No gg, No skill.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:41 GMT
#389
On March 04 2024 13:18 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:02 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:59 Vivax wrote:
I like Jacob shrugging it off that I found him a bit suspicious early, and I tend to read his writing style as scummy I think.

So for now I am at:

Maximum town: Me
Townish: DP, JS, iamp
Unsure: MZ
Very unsure: Trfel
Scummy : Oats

MZ is mayor competition and I believe would be an ideal mafia candidate. Can‘t pin much on him though. His focus pn conversing with Trfel is noteworthy.

Trfel seemed like he mistook MZ for me with the promise to vote Palmar. Strikes me as low confidence tone wise.

DP I think is actively looking for mafia already and I felt like I had a congruent thinking moment when it came to Oats.


you got fooled by Dp´s mafia skills in your last game so I hope it doesn´t happen again if you are Maximum town



Why do you talk to vivax like he is town here DMB?

How is that not playful banter at his calling himself maximum town?

But yeah I SR Vivax right now, not quite a list post from hell but Vivax doesn't list shit that early normally. Iirc.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 05:42 GMT
#390
On March 04 2024 14:30 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
[quote]May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

Good to have a variety of opinions eh

Explain this please
No gg, No skill.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:42 GMT
#391
On March 04 2024 13:18 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:16 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:05 DarthPunk wrote:
DMB what is vivax's alignment?


EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS A SUSPECT RIGHT now. How the hell should i tell after one hour who could be tip top town (for this shit mayor thing) and mafia. He is nothing as player right now. But he was so mad at you for getting fooled by you on mafiascum that it´s just strange how give you this fucking early a townread. the hell i am thinking already of you and Vivax togther. But still to fucking early to make any decision on any aligment. I will take the first day do find a tip top town to vote as mayor because we always get the first lynch wrong anyways but thats how find the mafia later. I just don´t know what will happen if we lose the game because if mafia will fool us that this one person is maximum Town and best option for mayor. What happens if we vote mafia for mayor? we can not just lynch our mayor or can we still?
Do you have any game with mayor I can read so I would better understand how importend that role is? Because I think mafia will act and play differnt as usuall on D1 just because of this.


HEY WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS AND IN THE BEDROOM STAYS THERE

lol
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 04 2024 05:43 GMT
#392
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:43 GMT
#393
On March 04 2024 14:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

Good to have a variety of opinions eh

Explain this please

Clearly, people have had very different reactions to what they read M_Z as saying than I do!

Any further clarification required will be difficult as that will indicate I don't even understand your question.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 05:44 GMT
#394
On March 04 2024 14:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.

Why lurker
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 05:44 GMT
#395
On March 04 2024 14:43 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

Good to have a variety of opinions eh

Explain this please

Clearly, people have had very different reactions to what they read M_Z as saying than I do!

Any further clarification required will be difficult as that will indicate I don't even understand your question.

Why is it good to have a variety of opinions in this game
No gg, No skill.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:44 GMT
#396
On March 04 2024 13:19 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:11 DarthPunk wrote:
MZ could be mafia here.

That associative push with me/vivax is really out there. And usually I am the one defending him from being misylnched by all the bads.
Sorry I keep doing this, but why do you think that makes Meapak_Ziphh mafia? I don't see why that reasoning is more likely to come from mafia, if anything I think it's the opposite.

Liked trfel and now considering voting trfel for mayor
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:45 GMT
#397
On March 04 2024 14:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:43 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

Good to have a variety of opinions eh

Explain this please

Clearly, people have had very different reactions to what they read M_Z as saying than I do!

Any further clarification required will be difficult as that will indicate I don't even understand your question.

Why is it good to have a variety of opinions in this game

You prefer everyone agreeing with the mafia?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 04 2024 05:46 GMT
#398
On March 04 2024 14:45 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:43 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:30 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
[quote]I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

Good to have a variety of opinions eh

Explain this please

Clearly, people have had very different reactions to what they read M_Z as saying than I do!

Any further clarification required will be difficult as that will indicate I don't even understand your question.

Why is it good to have a variety of opinions in this game

You prefer everyone agreeing with the mafia?

How is that what I said? Just answer the question
No gg, No skill.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 05:47 GMT
#399
On March 04 2024 13:23 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:16 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:05 DarthPunk wrote:
DMB what is vivax's alignment?


EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS A SUSPECT RIGHT now. How the hell should i tell after one hour who could be tip top town (for this shit mayor thing) and mafia. He is nothing as player right now. But he was so mad at you for getting fooled by you on mafiascum that it´s just strange how give you this fucking early a townread. the hell i am thinking already of you and Vivax togther. But still to fucking early to make any decision on any aligment. I will take the first day do find a tip top town to vote as mayor because we always get the first lynch wrong anyways but thats how find the mafia later. I just don´t know what will happen if we lose the game because if mafia will fool us that this one person is maximum Town and best option for mayor. What happens if we vote mafia for mayor? we can not just lynch our mayor or can we still?
Do you have any game with mayor I can read so I would better understand how importend that role is? Because I think mafia will act and play differnt as usuall on D1 just because of this.

This is actually a good point regarding vivax giving dp such an early town read

Ayy ayy see? If you don't like opinions variety, you should like me m8!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 04 2024 05:47 GMT
#400
On March 04 2024 14:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Good morning everyone. It turns out I'm town for once so I apologize in advance for your own inability to read me and subsequent mislynch of me. I will endeavor to prevent it but I would do that as Mafia too so shrugz0rz.

I am running for mayor on a platform of lynching a lurker of my own choosing that is not subject to towns knowledge or influence.

A vote for VE is a vote for an active town.

Anyone who has posted so far is safe D1, for I am a kind and benevolent Lord.

Why lurker

Because D1s tend to be chaotic and I'm my own anecdotal experience scum lurk d1 in the presence of chaos. It has a comparative high chance of hitting Mafia but also could hit inactive town we won't be able to read anyway. Win/not painful loss
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1361
WardiTV1026
OGKoka 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 269
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5107
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 956
Larva 756
Stork 500
EffOrt 499
BeSt 484
Horang2 357
actioN 299
Mini 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 241
Light 146
Mind 122
hero 103
910 89
Zeus 88
Yoon 86
Mong 66
Snow 66
Shinee 55
Barracks 49
sorry 48
Sea.KH 48
JYJ 38
Bale 29
Killer 28
ToSsGirL 28
Sexy 25
Aegong 22
HiyA 19
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
soO 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Free 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2670
Dendi1119
febbydoto37
Counter-Strike
fl0m3509
Fnx 675
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko937
B2W.Neo750
TKL 696
Livibee344
XBOCT265
ceh9260
Hui .225
Liquid`VortiX216
XaKoH 147
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• mYiSmile117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• iopq 13
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3248
• Jankos2088
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
31m
Replay Cast
7h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.