• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7153 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 65

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 82 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:37 GMT
#1281
On December 02 2020 02:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 02:22 Hapahauli wrote:
What's the question?

Why I changed my read on you, or why my meta assessments of you don't seemingly "match"?

I changed my read on you.
Both of those statements are part of your meta. Statement 2 applies in all of your town games. Statement 1 applies in some of your town games, but I believe it rarely, if ever manifests itself in your scumgames.

This is the question:

You scumread me early on in the game for:
Doing 1, but 'I do not at all associate scum Rayn with keeping a discussion focused'?


So you're asking how my read evolved?

Day 1, my perception is that you were passive and inactive. See:
https://tl.net/forum/mafia/565699-a-mostly-normal-game-of-mafia?page=21#403
On November 26 2020 03:48 Hapahauli wrote:
To be clear, I do not trust Rayn enough for him to be Mayor.

His new playstyle has a plausible explanation. Don't get me wrong. But I have doubt, and I do not want any doubt about the town mayor. As for my doubt: I can understand how there is less "rage" in his game, and that is not an inherently mafia-oriented thing. But he is not pushing the game forward in the way I would expect him to as town. Rayn is hyper paranoid, stubborn, and a bit of a "steamroller" in his typical town games. His mafia games have some of those traits, but in my experience, they are more toned down.


https://tl.net/forum/mafia/565699-a-mostly-normal-game-of-mafia?page=30#591
Raynpelikoneet - I understand why his playstyle is different. My sense is that he's not pushing the game forward in a way that I would expect him to, even taking into account his desire "not to get annoyed by random things." Could be mafia, or could be me just being unfair.


My read doesn't really change, and then I subsequently leave the thread for a pretty long period of time.

By the time I am back, I am in a situation where I am responding to a lot of questions without having really seriously read the thread.

When I seriously read the thread yesterday, I update my opinion. From D1, you had done a lot of things that I hadn't had the time to sit down and wrestle with. Additionally, taking your filter in context and thinking about it more made me focus (I think appropriately) on some of your de-escalation tactics rather than some other bits of your D1 gameplay.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:37 GMT
#1282
Attention thread. Rayn is Plausible mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:39 GMT
#1283
On December 02 2020 02:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I also dont like at all you shitting on my reads on FF and Slam because noone in this game has been right so far and it feels like you'd rether attack my credibility in total instead of trying to lynch mafia.


I am known to lose my temper.

a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:41 GMT
#1284
I think we're putting on a good show for Vivax. We'll win this game yet. Scummers 4 lyfe.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:41 GMT
#1285
Shit, should have been in QT.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:42 GMT
#1286
Why was my case on FF not one of your talking points on N2 / early D3 when you thought me + Vivax are mafia? I would like you to post a defense on that case now, if you may:
On November 28 2020 04:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I however think FecalFeast is most likely mafia here. Short version is that during N1 there were two cases that rose, jock and vivax. I get the impression that FF doesnt even know what the cases are and just decided to pick one of those two to push without much thinking. There are things that support that point:
- He doesnt even know what the case against Vivax is. I understand choosing from 2 "lynch targets" but he hasnt even read the case against Vivax
- His points on jock mostly happened at the time he townread jock. I dont know how that makes sense because apparently he doesnt even share the same opinion that jock's "irrationality" during slam campaign is suspicious (as it's not in his case). He has never talked about it either so i believe he hasnt even read it. Or if he has read it why hasn't he commented on it, even with "i agree" or "i dont think that makes jock mafia", after all jock is his top scumread it seems?

For those things i think FF is mafia. I can elaborate further in case someone thinks i am being unclear here, but that's not gonna happen befor e my second shift ends (in 9 hours).

##unvote Vivax
##vote Fecalfeast

table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:43 GMT
#1287
Because I hadn't read the thread in any significant detail. All your stuff on FF didn't even register to me until I did a deep read yesterday.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:44 GMT
#1288
Why is that, as you claim:
On December 01 2020 13:51 Hapahauli wrote:
Fuck off. I played your rapid fire questioning bullshit last night. It got me nowhere.

I’m not going to field more insane questions from you when it’s midnight.

If you are town, you’ve played like shit all game. You’ve been convinced that Slam and FF were mafia for stupid reasons, and you still have the arrogance to try and push the same shit on me now.

table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:44 GMT
#1289
I think you are really overestimating what my "skim and vote" at the end of D2 was.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:44 GMT
#1290
I think you did the above yesterday.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:46 GMT
#1291
Sorry, I'm confusing my timelines.

"Yesterday" meaning that my deep readthrough of the thread was extremely late two days ago as well as yesterday morning. The post you just quoted in #1288 is from after I did a readthrough and spammed all my cases.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:46 GMT
#1292
"You’ve been convinced that Slam and FF were mafia for stupid reasons, and you still have the arrogance to try and push the same shit on me now."

You already read and posted reads on me, vivax and TT, so why was my read stupid. You now have the upper hand if youre mafia to KNOW the person is town. But i wanna hear it, because i still dont think that read is stupid as shit.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:46 GMT
#1293
#1288 is from "yesterday" right before midnight.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:47 GMT
#1294
Does it make me mafia if I type an argument in anger?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:47 GMT
#1295
On December 02 2020 02:47 Hapahauli wrote:
Does it make me mafia if I type an argument in anger?

No but you should rather type in why my read is stupid.
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:48 GMT
#1296
On December 02 2020 02:10 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 02:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If my stuff is plainly false why dont you point it out?


Because:
1) It will never end.
2) Some of the things you bring up are so insufferingly obviously wrong that I feel insulted at having to try and explain them.


And we circle back to #1. I address something. It makes sense to you. You bring up something else.

I really don't see the end in sight here, which makes me think I am wasting my time.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:49 GMT
#1297
On December 02 2020 02:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 02:47 Hapahauli wrote:
Does it make me mafia if I type an argument in anger?

No but you should rather type in why my read is stupid.


You want a post-hoc justification for why I think your read was stupid when Slam and FF already flipped town?

Or you expected me to type more details about your "stupid read" on Slam and FF when I rage posted about it?

Both are pretty dumb questions that will do nothing to sort out my alignment, but I only want to answer one.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:50 GMT
#1298
The best way to do this QnA session is this:

Who is my most plausible scumbuddy?
Why is Vivax town?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 01 2020 17:52 GMT
#1299
Why cant you just aswer my question?
table for two on a tv tray
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 17:52 GMT
#1300
On November 25 2020 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think Vivax is actually reading the game and making at least vivax!reasonable points. I think he is like my nemesis when we are both town (lol), he will probably call me mafia like 100 times this game and i think his conspiracy theories can even ruin the game for the town at times.... But anyways i think there has been like one game pretty much EVER when i have not been able to determine Vivax as mafia -- and very early -- when he has been mafia. He can post stupid ass shit, he can not even make any sense at all but the no matter if the game is 10 pages or 100 pages mafia!Vivax doesn't care to read the thread at all with any insight, period. Pretty much it was the post i asked him about, the Slam thing about Slam trying to make friends with you Hapa. I think it is too convoluted read to make if you are Vivax and play as mafia as Vivax plays as mafia. That's pretty much it, there are some other minor points like him getting and WILLFULLY getting into an argument with you, but the main point is that he is genuinely reading the game more than mafia!Vivax would.

...


What is your assessment of this post and Vivax's play?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4072
Leta 2770
Soulkey 559
Soma 338
Rush 221
Barracks 183
BeSt 127
Killer 81
Shinee 33
Shine 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 24
Sharp 19
sorry 9
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc1999
XcaliburYe174
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns10483
WinterStarcraft732
Sick184
Pyrionflax145
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 52
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2253
League of Legends
• Jankos2748
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
55m
Patches Events
5h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 55m
OSC
13h 55m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.