• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:36
CEST 06:36
KST 13:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20260Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8735 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 38

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 82 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 07:56 GMT
#741
Yes i think he is being hypocritical. Let me ask you, do you think you are being hypocritical when you play mafia? In sense of gameplay and what you believe makes people mafia?
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:56 GMT
#742
I can't tell if I am spending too much time on this right now because I can't sleep or if I can't sleep kus I'm spending too much time on this.

Have to leave for work in 5 hours >.<
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 08:01 GMT
#743
On November 28 2020 16:56 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yes i think he is being hypocritical. Let me ask you, do you think you are being hypocritical when you play mafia? In sense of gameplay and what you believe makes people mafia?


I have definitely found myself focusing on lurkers while lurking themselves. I generally hate meta reads but I have to admit I use them myself to some extent. So yes.

I also think that when people change their thinking or are reacting to an immediate situation they often behave in ways that contradict what they say
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 08:04 GMT
#744
Okay whenever you get to this think about it:

Trfel wants to lynch jock. He was also okay with lynching Vivax and didnt really care if FF dies. There has to be at least one town there. Unless you want to believe there is 3 mafia. Do you think Trfel ever actually tried to discern which is the push that is incorrect?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 08:06 GMT
#745
That's why i have a problem with him being "okay with all of these three being lynched" (while not really doing anything except for saying "jock is MY mafia read"), and then questioning shockeyy for consolidating.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 08:12 GMT
#746
On November 28 2020 17:01 Tictock wrote:
I also think that when people change their thinking or are reacting to an immediate situation they often behave in ways that contradict what they say

Of course, i think people in this game (you too -- actually towards me) have been using this as a scapegoat to call someone mafia. That's why i asked you if it bothers you that you call me mafia for having reads and other people call me mafia for NOT having reads.

It just doesnt mean anything lol ^^
table for two on a tv tray
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 08:17 GMT
#747
On November 28 2020 17:04 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay whenever you get to this think about it:

Trfel wants to lynch jock. He was also okay with lynching Vivax and didnt really care if FF dies. There has to be at least one town there. Unless you want to believe there is 3 mafia. Do you think Trfel ever actually tried to discern which is the push that is incorrect?


I think he has very clearly preffered to lynch Jock.

I can absolutely understand having a scum read as well as a handful of people you just don't know how to read and are thus ok with multiple targets.

Like it's probably not a 1 to 1 comparison but you had a similar position with your mayor submission last phase right? I definitely recall you asking for input as you weren't too locked in on one person

How is this situation different?
I can take that responsibility.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 28 2020 08:26 GMT
#748
I know he is preferred in lynching jock. However he is "giving chances" on Vivax and FF.

I know that's fine, but there comes in the live as you preach. shockeyy somehow is not allowed to consolidate, or at least it is questionable. I find it weird from someone who would root for rayn in case i switched my vote now (100% sure ).

I dont think mayor shit is comparable. I kinda wish i executed FF instead of Grack even if it was worse for town because i think i would have more say with lynching mafia. Now i feel useless and i think i have done most of what i can to not lynch town. :/

This is definitely different than mayoral lynch if that's what you are talking about.
table for two on a tv tray
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
November 28 2020 08:35 GMT
#749
I mean if I tinfoil here, if Trfel is mafia, while being pardoner can basically stop his lynch anyways. I don’t really see a problem point in discussing Trfel if that’s the case.
Life?
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 08:35 GMT
#750
On November 28 2020 17:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 17:01 Tictock wrote:
I also think that when people change their thinking or are reacting to an immediate situation they often behave in ways that contradict what they say

Of course, i think people in this game (you too -- actually towards me) have been using this as a scapegoat to call someone mafia. That's why i asked you if it bothers you that you call me mafia for having reads and other people call me mafia for NOT having reads.

It just doesnt mean anything lol ^^


For as much as you play mafia it always amazes me that you expect people to behave rationally.

I understand what you mean though.

I thought I had more to add here but I think sleep is finally beconing as I am loosing focus
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 08:47 GMT
#751
On November 28 2020 09:13 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 09:06 Tictock wrote:
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
Noooo, talk to me.....

@ShoCkeyy, why are you changing votes (assuming you are)? I know you said you can see both Jockmcplop and Vivax as mafia, but it's hard for me to see you actually caring about who gets lynched, you just seem to be willing to vote for whoever thread sentiment is against. On one hand it's good to be willing to consolidate in a majority lynch game, on the other hand it seems suspect to not even care...


Honestly if this is what you are talking about, then....

No, Trfel is just over wording a question about Sho changing votes.

I think the wishy-washy language is what is triggering you here. I don't think he is trying to imply Sho is scum he just doesn't understand what Sho is thinking
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 08:52 GMT
#752
Sorry that was in response to this.

On November 28 2020 17:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I know he is preferred in lynching jock. However he is "giving chances" on Vivax and FF.

I know that's fine, but there comes in the live as you preach. shockeyy somehow is not allowed to consolidate, or at least it is questionable. I find it weird from someone who would root for rayn in case i switched my vote now (100% sure ).

I dont think mayor shit is comparable. I kinda wish i executed FF instead of Grack even if it was worse for town because i think i would have more say with lynching mafia. Now i feel useless and i think i have done most of what i can to not lynch town. :/

This is definitely different than mayoral lynch if that's what you are talking about.


As for the mayor thing, I just mean in terms of having scum reads not voting mechanics.

This is also why I was pushing to kill FF D1 and made that post about Grack being more readable as the game goes on whereas I suspect FF will always be a question mark. However we are where we are now.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 09:00 GMT
#753
Jock still seems like the best lynch to me, if that doesn't happen I do prefer FF flipped to Vivax.

We do need to consolidate though due to majority. I won't be able to post or read much but I can change my vote if so have to.
I can take that responsibility.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 28 2020 10:15 GMT
#754
On November 28 2020 17:35 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I mean if I tinfoil here, if Trfel is mafia, while being pardoner can basically stop his lynch anyways. I don’t really see a problem point in discussing Trfel if that’s the case.


And if it turns out he's mafia you just never attempt to lynch him? What would you suggest to solve that with. I still think he's town fwiw.

My team would be Hapa + Jock atm. I just don't see how Hapa who is super diligent 'mistakenly' claims a roleblock and blurts out he's blue, and neither do I see how he wouldn't think Jock is mafia. Plus he manufactures very convoluted reasoning in cases against me that could be said in a much simpler way. That's because he's prioritizing the convincing over the validity of his case.

On November 28 2020 03:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Yeah no, not a valid point. Between this Grack has been advocating lynching TT.


Oh yeah that's true. Point taken.

When considering the mayor I also took into consideration the read I had on them and I'm not sure if Jock did that. He based it all on who they claimed as their target, and revisiting his filter I don't find strong evidence he had a TR on Grack aside from a +town points comment at some point. So I find it odd he was happy with mayor rayn knowing he was going to kill Grack.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 28 2020 10:19 GMT
#755
I'm on the fence on FF after his 'why not lynch me' comment. Because that's the second time this game he has said or done something martyr-y. The first being that he voted for someone advocating his lynch.

Loosely posting with low effort is within his town scope, but that post gives him an impression like he's consciously doing it.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 28 2020 10:32 GMT
#756
On November 28 2020 07:40 Trfel wrote:
I dunno what to think about Vivax. I am still not completely sold on Hapahauli's reasons for Vivax being mafia, and I think Vivax's response to those reasons was actually decent. But there were some other things I didn't like: Vivax seemed to be accusing Hapahauli the whole time and then ended with "but you're blue" which seems odd to me? But not out of the realm of possibility. And secondly, Vivax didn't seem to do much at all besides defend himself, which I found quite underwhelming.

I'll take another look at Vivax's filter.


And I dunno what you are reading because I pointed out the Jock thing at the same time.

This post is a lot of waffle and tbh I still have to look at what rayn has been saying about you. I don't think I ever called your alignment wrong though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 28 2020 11:49 GMT
#757
On November 28 2020 19:32 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 07:40 Trfel wrote:
I dunno what to think about Vivax. I am still not completely sold on Hapahauli's reasons for Vivax being mafia, and I think Vivax's response to those reasons was actually decent. But there were some other things I didn't like: Vivax seemed to be accusing Hapahauli the whole time and then ended with "but you're blue" which seems odd to me? But not out of the realm of possibility. And secondly, Vivax didn't seem to do much at all besides defend himself, which I found quite underwhelming.

I'll take another look at Vivax's filter.


And I dunno what you are reading because I pointed out the Jock thing at the same time.

This post is a lot of waffle and tbh I still have to look at what rayn has been saying about you. I don't think I ever called your alignment wrong though.
Yeah you are right, that wasn't an accurate statement. It was an impression I had that was untrue. My apologies.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-28 12:30:52
November 28 2020 12:25 GMT
#758
Vote Count

ShoCkeyy (0):
Jockmcplop (4): Fecalfeast, Trfel, Tictock, ShoCkeyy
Tictock (0):
Raynpelikoneet (0):
Fecalfeast (1): Raynpelikoneet
Vivax (1): Hapahauli, Raynpelikoneet, ShoCkeyy
Hapahauli (0):
Trfel (0):
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting: Jockmcplop, Vivax.


Currently, there will be a No Lynch


Day 2 ends in on Saturday, Nov 28 8:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00).
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 28 2020 12:41 GMT
#759
Rayn's point on Trfel is essentially that he's hypocritical with how peeps are throwing votes around on available wagons.
As for FF it's that he's one of those people. Overall posting seems townie.

I still think Hapa started off the day just like a mafia softing blue would. He goes whoops on his RB claim and doesn't have to reveal the role. But that obviously doesn't make him scum by itself. It just seems unusually sloppy for him.

What imo makes him possible scum is (aside from various misreps, thinking of him calling my posting useless) his preference for active players in the lynches. And right now he should be thinking I'm bussing Jock and maybe deliver a scenario where that's possible.

He seems otherwise content to let FF and Shockeyy remain in the null area, while he should be having a better read on rayn by now.

Really good mafia pushes vocal players first and finishes the job in a finale of coinflips. Granted, I can't find anything in his filter that makes me go HA. It's just that I get a feeling of dishonesty from his preferences and the way he goes about me.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
November 28 2020 16:38 GMT
#760
Certainly would help if Jock came back and posted something.

I'm a bit worried that he's the only viable wagon. But I'll vote for him in the meantime.
Anyone else around?

On November 25 2020 00:47 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 00:42 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Jock

I have noticed that you have been critical of Slam's "joke" candidacy.

Why then are you voting for Grack's campaign?


Where are you getting the 'joke' candidacy thing from?
I'm more critical of people assuming that slam's campaign makes him town, and i'm critical of slam putting that idea forward too. I have never said anything about slam's campaign being a joke or that i think about it in that way. I don't think he's joking at all.

I'm voting for grack because he was thinking along similar lines to me as regards to slam's campaign not making him town, and bought it up in the thread before I did, so I gave him town points.

I figure I'm better off voting for someone other than myself as mayor because i'm more likely to be able to pick out a town and help them be mayor than i am to do anything useful if i was mayor. At the moment grack has town points so he has my vote.


This post is also giving me pause. Because on the followup Hapa avoids to answer Jocks question where he got the joke candidacy from. I don't know if it has been adressed afterwards though.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 82 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 8741
Rain 1839
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 121
sSak 52
Bale 24
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm188
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1114
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1048
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g7310
WinterStarcraft603
C9.Mang0172
ViBE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 30
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota288
League of Legends
• Lourlo1207
• Rush770
• Stunt376
Other Games
• Scarra935
• Shiphtur794
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 24m
INu's Battles
6h 24m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 24m
OSC
17h 39m
Replay Cast
18h 24m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.