• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:12
CEST 23:12
KST 06:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8545 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 71

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 184 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 12:43 GMT
#1401
On March 20 2017 21:41 Damdred wrote:
Rayn would fake claim as scum, he's done it before.

But I don't believe it here I don't think


It might be easier here though since scum always knows the setup... giving scum a large information advantage. But dunno
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 12:44 GMT
#1402
The fact that AMG comes in and town-reads both wagons/ potential ML options is fascinating although I'm not sure what to make of it.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 12:47 GMT
#1403
On March 20 2017 21:43 Calix wrote:
Who are these 'others' Xatalos? Don't hold back.

I wasn't aware that you'd ever LOST interest in Rayn.

Why would a town!Eden -> rayn is mafia fake-claiming?


Town Eden would just increase the suspiciousness of other proof through POE.

I guess I never lost interest from the bottom of my heart

Others - perhaps Onegu... most everyone really. If we don't soon find scum, there's a serious mistake in some assumptions I've made.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
AMG
Profile Joined March 2013
Australia298 Posts
March 20 2017 12:48 GMT
#1404
On March 20 2017 21:44 Calix wrote:
The fact that AMG comes in and town-reads both wagons/ potential ML options is fascinating although I'm not sure what to make of it.


Yeah I cant help you there, In a previous life I was somewhat known for dancing to the beat of my own drum. I'll be calling alignments as i see them, popular or otherwise.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 20 2017 12:49 GMT
#1405
AMG - thoughts on possible scum?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 12:49 GMT
#1406
Since I detect a promise of new, fresh, exciting (scum?) reads, don't let me stop you.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 20 2017 12:54 GMT
#1407
On March 20 2017 21:31 Xatalos wrote:
Tumble or rayn are probably not good lynches today.

Why do you not scumread Tumble anymore?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 20 2017 12:58 GMT
#1408
On March 20 2017 06:48 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 06:46 Xatalos wrote:
On March 20 2017 06:46 Onegu wrote:
hrmm ok... Guess I was wrong...

There was a better blue shot though. There was I think a very hard core blue claim.


I guess I know what you mean.


I know you know what I mean...

What is this. Onegu and Xatalos explain.
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 20 2017 12:58 GMT
#1409
On March 20 2017 21:43 AMG wrote:
This is a shitty thought experiment because filters in isolation are only part of the story. This is a game of interaction. As such both of my reads on these players will involve another player. (the same player)

Eden is probably town.

disinformation is also probably town.


Lets discuss why.

Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain


I've made this post before as town. He really wanted to lynch Calix, which is stupid, but he wants what he wants. That's not on the cards from what I gather up to page 22. So he justifies where he did leave his vote in the end, Damdred, as he believes that even his second choice for the day was a better option than where the lynch ended up going. Hes saying "right well you guys fucked up by not listening to me, and now that you've gone and dun fucked up, listen to me more in the future.... and kill who i want to kill". Looks like a townie who wants to flip his scum reads to me.


disinformation seems town for his early interactions with Calix. I can feel the emotion in his posts, his back and forth bickering seems genuine. He also seems reluctant to step off his scum read of Calix, even after both agree they're in OMGUS territory and are shitting up the thread. Its at this point that id expect a scum disinformation to commit whole hog to a fight with Calix and completely clog up the thread, but he does manage to back out of it and refocus elsewhere, while still maintaining his paranoia of Calix, but agreeing to lynch elsewhere for now.


I don't know why my brain takes so much value of this post but it does.... I am suddenly uncertain again
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 20 2017 12:59 GMT
#1410
Grr. I almost want the vigi/cop to claim at this point. Don't of course.
I had a good night of sleep.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 13:01 GMT
#1411
On March 03 2017 19:52 beentheredonethat wrote:
  • 13 players
  • Semi-Open
  • All vanilla



New theory. BTDT decided to troll us hardcore and made everyone town. rayn is just fake-claiming to draw a shot.

QED
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 20 2017 13:03 GMT
#1412
I am actually quite certain disformation is mafia here. For a very simple reason:
On March 20 2017 02:31 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 19:06 ritoky wrote:
On March 19 2017 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain


I don't plan to type a whole lot this game, but I feel this post is epicly bad on so many levels that I feel compelled.

Why this is awful:

1. Whining about the lynch when you did effectively nothing to prevent it or direct it elsewhere. Drawing attention to how he "clearly" wasn't in support and couldn't possibly understand why people would do such an awful thing like lynch a VT. /s

2. Defensive justification of his vote on an unflipped player when literal no one prompted it or seemingly cared very much.

3. Hypocrisy: His criticism of the Malongo lynch is that it was "null" and "safe". But his read on the person he voted for is "hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be mafia"; aka "null".

4. His reason for voting is? Well it certainly isn't town, because in the town I am from we teach all of our little babis to find the person you think is mafia and vote on them. Nowhere in this post does he even say he thinks Damdred is mafia. Clearly he was not particularly interested in pushing the player he found most scummy day 1, if he even found one. I am left at a point where I have to assume he either had no reads which is bad or he isn't coming from a townie mindset which is also bad.

5. His plan lacks a step. That step is conclusions. You see, this is a way I often get caught as mafia, is I leave dead ends where I pursue a plan or a line of questioning and I fail to draw any meaningful conclusions from it. His plan is: okay the vote is now 5-3, so if Malongo is mafia the opportunity exists for mafia to save him -> if people move I have a very narrow view of who is potentially mafia. Okay players didn't move, what do you conclude from this other than post-mortem Malongo = town? You have a plan so did you gain from it that it was MvT? TvT? You didn't come back in time to claim that "Mafia could save Malongo here and no one is moving, thus town". You have a plan but your plan leads to a dead end and makes no fucking sense.

6. Excuses. God I hate excuses.

That is enough typing for a significant amount of time in this game.

[image loading]

Oh wow. I think without ritoky's explanation of Eden's plan, I wouldnt have even understood the plan.
Like
Show nested quote +
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum;
put me at: "wat"
Don't think that is a very town way to think about stuff, especially since nothing happened with the plan.

Think I'll put Eden at the bottom of my list and ritoky somewhere in town land.

On March 20 2017 04:01 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 04:00 ritoky wrote:
On March 20 2017 03:58 disformation wrote:
as you see i am working on it -.-


halfway done and you have all null reads! useful.

strange.

eden is probably scum.
rels is null > scum lean.
oneg null.
darthfoley town lean.

On March 20 2017 04:03 disformation wrote:
koshi town lean.
rayn town lean.

if you want that ordered:

[town]
rayn / df
koshi
1eg
rels
eden
[scum]


Then comes D2. Ritoky dies:
On March 20 2017 06:43 disformation wrote:
wait wat? Oo
didnt see that one coming

Mhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 20 2017 13:03 GMT
#1413
On March 20 2017 22:01 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2017 19:52 beentheredonethat wrote:
  • 13 players
  • Semi-Open
  • All vanilla



New theory. BTDT decided to troll us hardcore and made everyone town. rayn is just fake-claiming to draw a shot.

QED

Why isn't he mafia?
I had a good night of sleep.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 13:04 GMT
#1414
I was joking.

I don't know what to make of AMG but his posts weren't what I was expecting. So yeah.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 20 2017 13:04 GMT
#1415
also, it is confirmed rayn is on drugs.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 20 2017 13:04 GMT
#1416
On March 20 2017 22:04 Calix wrote:
I was joking.

I don't know what to make of AMG but his posts weren't what I was expecting. So yeah.

I know. But still odd that you go to town over mafia.
I had a good night of sleep.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 20 2017 13:07 GMT
#1417
Wait was that for early phase change?
table for two on a tv tray
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 13:07 GMT
#1418
On March 20 2017 22:04 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2017 22:04 Calix wrote:
I was joking.

I don't know what to make of AMG but his posts weren't what I was expecting. So yeah.

I know. But still odd that you go to town over mafia.


Did you also not have doubts after seeing that post?

I'd expect scum to just go along with the wagons. Only way that doesn't make sense for him is if he is scum with both of them.

Which would work with my reads but it's a bit presumptuous to assume I have nailed all three scum by D2 without further information.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 20 2017 13:08 GMT
#1419
rayn, I would appreciate some ELI5 on your disfo point.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 20 2017 13:08 GMT
#1420
Could you say the same in english?
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 48m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.