• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10778 users

Names Are Hard mini mafia - Page 60

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 125 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:32 GMT
#1181
On June 10 2016 18:15 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 18:06 Koshi wrote:
On June 10 2016 18:05 Palmar wrote:
Also Damdred being mafia sort of makes sense if my memory of yesterday is right.

If I remember correctly, shape claimed and so there was some confusion and Damdred started emerging as potentially the lynch target so he just immediately claimed too without putting much effort into actually defending himself.

he was going to get lynched 100% after Shape claimed. So he would claim as either alignment.


no he would claim 4 out of 12 times. 3 of the 4 times when hes mafia and 1 of 4 times when hes the acual tracker. math is hard. I would like to think the 8 other times dandred the vt would not claim but I have acualy seen dandred claim roles as vt before...

Now that I think about it I really hope thats not whats happening here that makes so much sense. but dandred is acitivly trying to get art lynched so na

I like that math.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 10 2016 09:33 GMT
#1182
On June 10 2016 18:06 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 18:05 Palmar wrote:
Also Damdred being mafia sort of makes sense if my memory of yesterday is right.

If I remember correctly, shape claimed and so there was some confusion and Damdred started emerging as potentially the lynch target so he just immediately claimed too without putting much effort into actually defending himself.

he was going to get lynched 100% after Shape claimed. So he would claim as either alignment.

That is the incorrect play, I haven't checked the timings but I thought he definitely had the time to at least attempt a non-claiming defense. Essentially, it didn't even cross his mind that if he is actually blue and can barely dodge a lynch, he's going to have a very easy time staying alive from mafia shots as long as he can keep on not being lynched.

The only reason he would do what he did (unless my memory is off and this is like 5 minutes before deadline, I was watching the warcraft movie so I caught up on things later) is because he is a) too lazy to fight back because he's mafia and b) he hoped to draw out a counterclaim.

In fact, the correct play as a blue if you're about to get lynched on day 1 is to suck it up and get lynched because you suck and deserve it.

well maybe not, but really that is how things should go down.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 10 2016 09:34 GMT
#1183
On June 10 2016 18:28 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like it doesn't even make sense if I'm the roleblocker, because if Artanis is mafia and we lynch Damdred instead, we're lynching the last power role that town has - there's literally no point in even trying to save the roleblocker with a play like this. So he sacs himself to what - buy me days that I'm already voting myself using?

Damdred is taking you boys on a fucking ride. I hope you buckled your seatbelts....

yes, all three mafia are goons at this point (assuming there's not some clusterfuckery going on where neither damdred or artanis is the tracker).

No single mafia is important than the other.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:35 GMT
#1184
And here I thought you were voting Dam with me BECAUSE of the claim Palmar. I suspect you still would have stuck with Damdred had you been here.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:37 GMT
#1185
On June 10 2016 18:15 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 18:07 Koshi wrote:
If Damdred and Rels are mafia I can really just quit mafia tbh.


we can only hope

says the guy who was on the brink of counterclaiming the real town doc to get his bad read pushed through.

thank god I was there to stop your stupidity.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:40 GMT
#1186
On June 10 2016 18:34 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 18:28 VisceraEyes wrote:
Like it doesn't even make sense if I'm the roleblocker, because if Artanis is mafia and we lynch Damdred instead, we're lynching the last power role that town has - there's literally no point in even trying to save the roleblocker with a play like this. So he sacs himself to what - buy me days that I'm already voting myself using?

Damdred is taking you boys on a fucking ride. I hope you buckled your seatbelts....

yes, all three mafia are goons at this point (assuming there's not some clusterfuckery going on where neither damdred or artanis is the tracker).

No single mafia is important than the other.

Not true. If we lynch ScumRB!VE today then mafia is forced to kill towntracker!Damdred during the night or during the cc war tomorrow Damdred might have a check that would incriminate the last mafia. But then again.. I guess mafia could just let artanis carry the kill.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:41 GMT
#1187
So it's true if they figured that out
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 10 2016 09:43 GMT
#1188
^^

Koshi smart
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 10 2016 09:44 GMT
#1189
and in that world rolecop mafia will never check again because the blue part of the game is "solved". So the tracker is no threat because of course he would get guilty on his cc.

So yes, Artanis just made a play that he would only ever do as town.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:45 GMT
#1190
Okay to recap:

Damdred is always the mafia and Artanis is always the town tracker. I can't think of a situation where Artanis counterclaiming Damdred benefits mafia when I'm 100% of the time getting lynched. I was literally clocked out of the game, I just happened to check the game while smoking a cigarette and Art had CC'd Damdred, which just happened to pull me out of rage-quit mode. Like....what is the benefit for mafia? Say he gets town tracker Damdred lynched. He's ALWAYS the next lynch, and by then he can't be sure that I'm 100% the lynch. Maybe he thinks it's likely? Even then though, why take the chance? Why take the risk when I'm 100% the lynch that day? It's not like Damdred is even confirmed at that point, he's endlessly roleblocked so he can never ever confirm himself without flipping, why would Artanis DO that?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:46 GMT
#1191
On June 08 2016 20:22 Koshi wrote:
Damdred being town would really ruin my day though.

##unvote
##vote Damdred


information + peace of mind.

I need to go back to this place in my mind.

Soo. Damdred is mafia :/

Really now that ruins my day.
I had a good night of sleep.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:47 GMT
#1192
Maybe it's because the VE=scum sentiment is just that high that he thought it would just fall into place that way. He had to know I'd come back though.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:47 GMT
#1193
Now I need to read the game in that perspective because I was pretty convinced Damdred was town.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:50 GMT
#1194
On June 10 2016 14:22 wherebugsgo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2016 14:21 Tumblewood wrote:
hm damn I might have to reconsider
I don't wanna deal with cc wars right now I'm going to sleep and when I wake up I'll see what everyone's agreed on and sheep that or something
##unvote
##vote visceraeyes


what the fuck? are you the last scum?

Who is the second scum in wbg his mind?
I had a good night of sleep.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:52 GMT
#1195
VE, one of Dam/Art, TW I guess?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:53 GMT
#1196
Which would be like the most useless and epic bus ever btw.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:53 GMT
#1197
Maybe not LI Toad v VE epic, but you know...
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 10 2016 09:53 GMT
#1198
Why would TW be mafia for picking one mafia over another mafia.?
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
June 10 2016 09:54 GMT
#1199
On June 10 2016 18:47 Koshi wrote:
Now I need to read the game in that perspective because I was pretty convinced Damdred was town.

maybe, just maybe, the simple solution is that I was, once again, right on day 1.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
June 10 2016 09:54 GMT
#1200
Oh ya if anyone wants to read a fun game, TL Mafia LI is fun to read. It ended poorly, but the game was hilarious.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 125 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 304
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32107
Calm 6765
Rain 1798
Bisu 1641
Jaedong 681
Horang2 599
FanTaSy 539
BeSt 369
Rush 319
Stork 270
[ Show more ]
Soma 241
Zeus 201
Larva 150
Light 129
Snow 120
Free 118
ZerO 110
Mind 92
910 87
Barracks 78
Mong 72
Pusan 70
Killer 49
Sea.KH 42
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 38
NaDa 29
Shinee 27
Sexy 19
Hm[arnc] 18
sorry 17
Aegong 16
Noble 14
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6618
Counter-Strike
fl0m2832
olofmeister997
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns33396
singsing2113
B2W.Neo706
crisheroes282
Lowko279
hiko230
RotterdaM50
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2964
• Jankos2823
• TFBlade159
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.