• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10450 users

[M][N] H O L Y F * * * E mafia!! - Page 63

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 122 Next
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:36 GMT
#1241
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:36 GMT
#1242
On May 27 2016 02:34 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:31 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:28 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:41 Superbia wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:25 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:23 Superbia wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:20 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:16 Superbia wrote:
Kay I'm here.

HF/JAT. Explain how that point is relevant.

It's pretty self explanatory. If you are interested in a specific read from someone on a certain player then telling your opinion about that exact player in the same post completely defeats the purpose.


I find it hard to believe that you are this short-sighted as town.

Why am I asking that question?

Why don't you tell us? Apparently I am way too short sighted to identify your certainly brilliant and towny intentions.


The grand problem with HF's 'push' is that it assumes I am asking for LS's read because I think LS is town and I want to know his opinion on kush because I don't have a good read on him. It could not be more ass backwards.

I thought LS was sort of kinda-ish on the scummy side, and him calling two people town (both questionable reads imo) and questioning a third (kush) in the same post indicates to me that he was not reading kush town (someone whom I believe is likely town at this point) seemed to traverse him more in that direction, so I asked him for a hard read on kush (the read he gave was sort of meh). That being said, I have a decent meta-read on LS (I think), so I'm not drawing any conclusion of this yet. Just means he's starting off in the poor side of town (shitty suburbs).

Now this what I do all the time as town, and I have never (iirc) asked for a genuine opinion on someone to become more informed. The question is always to get to know more about the person questioned, rather than the subject. This is like standard 101 townplay, which I why I am very confused as to why a good 'town' player would jump on this with this utterly absurd and simplistic point of view.

Hence why I am skeptical of HF, as this is his second garbage push. And he's (supposed to be) a good player.

And even more skeptical of you, because you have been buddying up to HF early on, even though I don't think anyone should have a town read on HF. And you're a very anal town player.


this post is really smart and townie.

No, it is not. It was misrepresenting the argument against him and completely avoided the issue. There is 0 towny thought in it.


I think it highlighted exactly what was wrong with HF's push. You usually ask someone for a read so that you can read that person you asked. Why would it matter how you are reading that person?
It's not like the person he's asking is gonna think "oh now I know he thinks kush is townie, I know exactly how to answer that question to look townie myself"

Erm, yes it is exactly like that.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
May 26 2016 17:37 GMT
#1243
I take back what I aid about super btw he changed what he was doing
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:37 GMT
#1244
On May 27 2016 02:36 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.

Of course it is. Wtf are you smoking?
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:37 GMT
#1245
On May 27 2016 02:32 justanothertownie wrote:
On top of misrepresenting my meta.


Don't scumread someone for not knowing your meta as well as you know it yourself.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:39 GMT
#1246
On May 27 2016 02:37 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:36 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.

Of course it is. Wtf are you smoking?


JAT. I think koshi is town. What's your read on Koshi?

How is me thinking Koshi town going to affect you at all?
And it's not going to help you as scum either. I'm not giving you reasons why, and that's what you need to make up as scum.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:40 GMT
#1247
On May 27 2016 02:37 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:32 justanothertownie wrote:
On top of misrepresenting my meta.


Don't scumread someone for not knowing your meta as well as you know it yourself.

Why? He played more than enough games with me and he did the same to palmar in his last scum hame.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:43 GMT
#1248
On May 27 2016 02:39 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:37 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:36 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.

Of course it is. Wtf are you smoking?


JAT. I think koshi is town. What's your read on Koshi?

How is me thinking Koshi town going to affect you at all?
And it's not going to help you as scum either. I'm not giving you reasons why, and that's what you need to make up as scum.

Of course it is going to help me. Wtf is this bullshit.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:43 GMT
#1249
On May 27 2016 02:43 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:39 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:37 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:36 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.

Of course it is. Wtf are you smoking?


JAT. I think koshi is town. What's your read on Koshi?

How is me thinking Koshi town going to affect you at all?
And it's not going to help you as scum either. I'm not giving you reasons why, and that's what you need to make up as scum.

Of course it is going to help me. Wtf is this bullshit.

How is my opinion going to help you make up an opinion of your own?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
May 26 2016 17:46 GMT
#1250
Um? You influence people with your opinions townreads are infectious
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:46 GMT
#1251
On May 27 2016 02:43 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:43 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:39 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:37 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 27 2016 02:36 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
omg that was confusing.
A asks B how he's reading C. A really wants a read on B, so it doesn't matter how he's reading C. And sharing his read on C is not going to affect B's answer.

Of course it is. Wtf are you smoking?


JAT. I think koshi is town. What's your read on Koshi?

How is me thinking Koshi town going to affect you at all?
And it's not going to help you as scum either. I'm not giving you reasons why, and that's what you need to make up as scum.

Of course it is going to help me. Wtf is this bullshit.

How is my opinion going to help you make up an opinion of your own?

justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 17:48 GMT
#1252
Grrr


It lets me know if the guy is lynchable or not and what you expect the read to be. Basically everything I need as mafia.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2016 17:50 GMT
#1253
i can very much see where kush is coming from on this one
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 26 2016 17:50 GMT
#1254
the lack of vivax is disturbing
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:50 GMT
#1255
Right but as scum, the hard part is saying WHY someone is town or scum. By giving you my opinion, I'm not helping you do that.

Also, scum's opinion isn't really based on the opinion of one person. It's based on what they think will make them look townie, and they think will help them win. Town sentiment matters to them, but the opinion of one person early game is not going to influence them.

I don't know how constructive this argument is. I feel like I'm not getting through to you at all. Please just keep an open mind going forward about the possibility of a damdred / LS scumteam.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
May 26 2016 17:53 GMT
#1256
On May 27 2016 02:50 marvellosity wrote:
the lack of vivax is disturbing


Probably optimal vigi shot
Minimal effort.
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 26 2016 17:58 GMT
#1257
+ Show Spoiler +

On May 26 2016 05:10 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2016 05:00 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 26 2016 04:51 ritoky wrote:
On May 26 2016 04:45 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On May 26 2016 04:40 ritoky wrote:
If I had my preferred lynch today it would be rels. Things he is electing to highlight and prod at this game are shallow at best, his reasoning for suspicions and pushes is poor for his standards, and when he types in caps or types in his "passion voice" it feels contrived.


I disagree but I give you some town points for this idea.


Why do you disagree?

I'm not exactly proud of these reasons because they are kind of weak but..

Aside from his confirmation bias on marv, I think he's made smart points.
"HF gets no towncred for this push fake or not" comes to mind.
Maybe he's going to low hanging fruit, but his reads have some depth:

This is scummy by Superbia. I expect town!Superbia to not do what HF and JAT are attacking him for, and more than that I expect town!Superbia to understand why he's being attacked for that instead of being super defensive. The last game I've played with town!Superbia was resistance V, and he did all kind of smart sneaky stuff about his vote to get scum to slip by voting incorrectly.


I disagree with the ritoky's read, he has put himself in a position where he does not need to do anything apart from responding to people. When someone types a code he responds to it. He didn't do anything that wasn't required. I agree his posts are good, he has good points on Tumble, he has good points on Superbia but the conclusion is stupid given his points, his post on SL is kinda useless.


And he's been inquisitive about stuff in a way that looks genuine. Lots of "why"s.


I think this is his best post:

Show nested quote +
On May 25 2016 20:01 Rels wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:34 Tumblewood wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:16 LightningStrike wrote:
On May 25 2016 02:00 Damdred wrote:
Idk what I was expecting in the game but kinda meh about it.

Could Lynch Palmar, super, tumble today.

Fight me

I will fight on Tumblewood I believe he is town atm. Why am I wrong on Tumblewood?

This is definitely townie. LS is fighting to prevent a mislynch, which is pro-town and has no benefit if he's scum.

This is a bad read. Scum defends lynchbait townie all the time for exactly this reason.


This is a post that I also keyed in on, but then rels never mentions tumble again in the remainder of his filter. Town rels to me, keeps pulling on a loose thread until he reaches the end; why does he just drop this?

His read on me makes no sense too, he likes everything I post but thinks the style in which I am playing is inherently anti-town thus I am mafia. Since when does style supersede content...especially for rels?

I also believe his points against superbia are significantly better than his points against marv and much more grounded in non-meta crap, which begs the question for me why the hell he is pushing marv so much harder than superbia?

This post took way too long on this device; sticking to short replies.



This post made me townread ritoky.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 18:00 GMT
#1258
On May 27 2016 02:53 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2016 02:50 marvellosity wrote:
the lack of vivax is disturbing


Probably optimal vigi shot

Yes. Since we don't have any other lurking shitters for once.

So it's either that slot or yours for being mafia.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 18:01 GMT
#1259
On May 27 2016 02:50 marvellosity wrote:
i can very much see where kush is coming from on this one

Sure. I am not saying this makes kush mafia. But it doesn't make him right and even if it did it would not make superbia town.
Can you honestly say that you think superbias filter looks like town?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 26 2016 18:03 GMT
#1260
On May 27 2016 02:50 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Right but as scum, the hard part is saying WHY someone is town or scum. By giving you my opinion, I'm not helping you do that.

Also, scum's opinion isn't really based on the opinion of one person. It's based on what they think will make them look townie, and they think will help them win. Town sentiment matters to them, but the opinion of one person early game is not going to influence them.

I don't know how constructive this argument is. I feel like I'm not getting through to you at all. Please just keep an open mind going forward about the possibility of a damdred / LS scumteam.

I am certainly not disregarding that possibility. Don't worry.
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 122 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 496
UpATreeSC 86
Codebar 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35941
Calm 3837
Shuttle 1288
FanTaSy 959
actioN 281
EffOrt 273
firebathero 190
Rush 180
Hyuk 161
Dewaltoss 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 67
Liquid`Ret 61
Barracks 53
Free 30
Hyun 29
Aegong 25
Bale 25
soO 22
HiyA 20
PianO 17
Shine 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7330
Dendi978
XaKoH 341
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
KnowMe60
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1489
x6flipin1122
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes655
Other Games
singsing2534
FrodaN1097
Beastyqt757
mouzStarbuck301
B2W.Neo291
Livibee216
byalli213
C9.Mang0108
RotterdaM102
Trikslyr69
Mew2King63
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
Other Games
• Shiphtur802
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 10m
Replay Cast
5h 55m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.