• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7461 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 13:23 GMT
#2067
kitaman what do you want me to pick?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 14:41 GMT
#2091
[b]##Nominate: raynpelikoneet, kitaman, Rels, Superbia
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 14:41 GMT
#2092
##Nominate: raynpelikoneet, kitaman, Rels, Superbia
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 15:02 GMT
#2094
Probably not since all of sl/shockeyy/hts/artanis are gonna vote no, i assume you are gonna vote no too.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 20:28 GMT
#2140
On November 10 2015 05:26 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2015 22:56 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Hold on
I just realized one of HtS/Rels/Shockeyy is always town.
I'm not sure why I didn't realize that before.

Please share your thought process.

think harder...
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 20:38 GMT
#2148
town.
i don't really bother explaining anything rn, especially to people who think people who do scummy things are townie. My time is better spent watching a movie.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:02 GMT
#2160
On November 10 2015 05:53 Rels wrote:
rayn though: please consider switching Superbia to shockey unless Vivax amazes everybody. He's the only NO voter I'm doubtful about.

never.
I will never consider either HtS or Shockeyy town in this game. Regardless of what they say.
Period.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:03 GMT
#2161
On November 10 2015 05:57 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 00:52 Superbia wrote:
Nvm about being scared on rayn. This fucking line just solidifies him as town:

On November 03 2015 18:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Anyways, i believe we have 1 mafia in ShoCkeyy, and the rest 2 in kitaman/Rels/Superbia/HtS.


I don't even care that I'm in this list, this echoes my thoughts so much (mostly the second list- I would replace myself with sicklucker).


I'm still not caught up fully but I just read this like 50 pages back. Why is rayn sending himself with 2 people he thought were mafia?

Pardon any ignorance.

Obviously because no read can possibly change in 50 pages and 5 irl-days.
Also the fact that none of those people were on mission 1 that got failed has obviously nothing to do with my reads, how could it?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:04 GMT
#2163
Dude, Vivax, i realize you just replaced into the game but could at least you refrain from posting dumbass shit before you have caught up? I don't care if it takes you 2 hours or 20 hours.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:30 GMT
#2169
On November 10 2015 06:13 ShoCkeyy wrote:
@everyone asking me why I voted yes, if you people would actually read instead of skim, then you would know. K thanks.

/wave Vivax

I am not sure how to say this nicely but when all 8 other players have no clue how you have ended up on the conclusions you have it's probably your problem instead of everyone else's.

So instead of calling me a fucking idiot you should probably try to play resistance.
If you don't know how to do that, well again... that's your problem.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:34 GMT
#2173
On November 10 2015 06:32 Xatalos wrote:
I also literally explained this very same thing already. But you're not even reading my posts anymore so whatever.....

Isn't it annoying when someone does that?

Also no, i am not gonna change anything in the team.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:56 GMT
#2179
Well you then obviously don't know what makes people scum.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:57 GMT
#2180
Also noone is really reading me scum except for you.
sicklucker is scum anyways so he doesn't count.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 21:59 GMT
#2182
Anyways you are not gonna convince me that you are town so go convince others.
You are wasting your time talking to me as either alignment.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 22:18 GMT
#2186
HtS is scum because of two reasons:
- there are at least seven instances where she displays she is not reading the thread properly and just saying stuff that is completely incorrect
- she is purposefully trying to antagonize me. the stuff she points out is completely wrong and i am gonna go into this tomorrow in more detail, i just don't care to post and dig stuff up rn. Even if she is delusional enough to actually believe in what she says the fact is she reads me town and she has shown she knows what saying things like that (bashing on my play -- especially in games where i actually have played well) do to me. There is absolutely no town motivation to purposefully try to antagonize your townreads. That is a fact. There is only scum motive for that --> to try to make me play not optimally.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 22:22 GMT
#2187
Then there is this scumbag. There are more reasons which i will also go into more detail into later on, but for starters.
On November 07 2015 21:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Last time i am going to post this:
Here is why ShoCkeyy is mafia:


First of all these things go together:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2015 03:15 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I'm pretty much going to reject the xata/rayn combo wombo. I'd rather see the first team mentioned - hts,super,xata go through. At least if a sabotage happens, we definitely have a good chance of finding the mafia until the next mission.

Xatalos is null -> that means he has to townread the people i colored green in the post. There is no other possible way he says this.
On November 03 2015 22:37 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 22:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ShoCkeyy do you agree you, kitaman and Rels should go to the first mission?


Yea sure why not, I have a better feeling about kitaman and rels than I do of you...

Townreads on kitaman and Rels.
On November 04 2015 04:52 ShoCkeyy wrote:
@kita you summed it up here:

"He doesn't seem comfortable giving out statements which he isn't confident about. This could either mean that truly isn't sure and wants more time until it is clear or that he doesn't want to make a statement that could backfire later on in the game."

And also, I have been looking into rayn's previous games. Another thing, I don't need to be on a team, I already know I'm town, so when ever I do get on a team I'll be a 33% chance that it will pass. My current focus atm is trying to find town so when I vote for the teams, I know I'm voting confidently.

Look at the bolded part in this post for further reference.
On November 05 2015 02:11 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2015 20:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Since this worked so well for me last time I'm gonna go and do it again. Reads of X on Y below:
[image loading]
Things of note after I went through the filters:
-Superbia doesn't have many opinions at all. I don't like it. He was honed into one thing and one thing alone for a while and didn't really come to anything from it.
-I actually came off with a pretty strong townread on sl from it, which I was surprised by. He seems very open and aggressive in his posting which I didn't get from him when he was scum. Seems to actually be trying to do stuff.
-Surprised so many people scumread Rels still. He seems really active to me and pushing things. Can people explain this?
-Still actually kinda leaning scum on HtS. She seems highly defensive, and in hindsight I still don't really like how she mentioned how I didn't have much time, yet still tried to push a fear read based on not doing much.

Also, Rayn should be on whichever next mission. I also find it odd that shockeyy's actually suspicious of him, I'm not sure that's actually a good play as mafia to do but eh. Could be newbie scum I suppose.


You missed that I town read you and rels also. Another thing, why would I say I don't need to get on a team if I was mafia? Wouldn't I want to be on a team if I was mafia in order to sabotage?... You guys don't make any sense. I also don't need to place myself on my own team if I'm confident on who is town. Back to work.

Now from these posts we can gather the following:
Everyone except rayn/Xatalos/sicklucker is townreads. I don't give a fuck if the dude says "i didn't actually say that" because that is just bullshit. If he townreads five people and he is himself town that literally means he thinks the rest of the people are likely to be mafia. Now let's go to this, what i bolded earlier:
Show nested quote +
My current focus atm is trying to find town so when I vote for the teams, I know I'm voting confidently.

Okay so in his opinion, he has found the townies. This doesn't go along with how he ACTUALLY votes for the HtS team. For two reasons:
1) He "knows" there is scum on the team. In fact he should assume there is two scum (me/Xatalos). Yet he still votes yes, while earlier on saying he will refuse that team.
2) Now if he wants to be "tricky" and yay-vote the team because there are 2 scum in it, that would be okay. But that's not why he says he yay-voted it (i could have somehow understood that explanation).

To elaborate further onto this all. Shockeyy was okay with there being 1 scum on the team while saying his current focus is finding town -- that doesn't really go along with what he said earlier.

A reasonable explanation for the yay-vote should have been "in fact it's better that there are 2 or even 3 scum on the team, as long as we don't send any of those people onto further mission". That's not however his explanation.

Onto Xatalos' team. In Shockeyy's opinion this mission had three scum in it. Yet he refused to yay-vote it. Again, his stance is:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2015 23:58 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Idk why it's so hard for people to understand I knew the votes would be visible... Also it's not hard to look through my filter.

On November 03 2015 03:15 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I'm pretty much going to reject the xata/rayn combo wombo. I'd rather see the first team mentioned - hts,super,xata go through. At least if a sabotage happens, we definitely have a good chance of finding the mafia until the next mission.


The lineup when I voted was HtS, Xata and Kita, which I was perfectly fine with. Also, a bit more on my strategy. Losing the first one is a big deal to me, because then we have 1 out of 3 that have to be mafia. We just do not ever send any of them to any missions. After there will be three missions that are ready to be won since the fourth one needs at least 2 mafia members and we know of already one by then who hasn't gone on any other missions. Obviously there will be two more, as well, but with this game dragging out, it'll eventually be easy to spot them.

... now if he actually believes all of me/Xatalos/SL are mafia, he should upvote this team. Just because then we don't send any of them into further mission --> the town wins, since the town will automatically pick 4 town whoever they pick. Then when the mission passes, the same team gets picked again. Then when the mission passes who cares who is picked onto mission 4.

The other possibility is he doesn't actually townread the people he says he townreads, which also doesn't make any sense.

TLDR;
- His approach to how he votes doesn't line up with WHY he acts in some way in some situations and in another way in other situations.
- He doesn't really give any reasoning to his reads. The only reasoning he gives is the scumreads on me and Xatalos, and "he is angry", "they are in the thread at the same time", "they both suspected Rels" is not a reason to scumread anyone.
- When he is called out of his reads, he says "i didn't really call you scum" -- i think everyone can see why this is literally bullshit, kitaman already pointed this out.

table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 22:28 GMT
#2189
And then there is this:
On November 08 2015 01:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2015 00:51 Xatalos wrote:
rayn, would be nice if you explained what's the logic behind excluding us two? Just so that the mission is more likely to be voted YES? I don't think it makes sense to make people vote YES at the expense of more likely including scum :/ We still have several leader cycles after all, and you're even next in order yourself.

You mean this?
Because i can't be 100% sure of which of you two is mafia.

If you think Shockeyy/HtS/SL is the scumteam why are you not okay with the current team?

Like neither of you is okay with the current team so i think the team is all town.

I tried to get a nomination of Artanis/Rels/kitaman/Superbia onto a mission.

Both of sicklucker and Xatalos (=one scum in there) instantly refused to vote yes on this team. Literally they were the first players to give an opinion. Now i know for a fact there is one (or two, but that doesn't even matter) scum between them.

Both of them had no real reason to say no in the first place, because their reads on some of those people were not clear. But the fact is that AT LEAST ONE MAFIA instantly refused to send those four people onto a mission without "proper" reasons, which makes me think the team is all town.

Now i don't - again - care, which one of them had some sort of thought process in their hear and is (probably) town, but i DO know one mafia refused a team that would be most likely yay-voted AND they could not be blamed on it.

So yeah, i am pretty sure that's the name of the game here.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 22:41 GMT
#2191
Rels are you still here?
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 09 2015 22:57 GMT
#2192
On November 09 2015 07:01 Rels wrote:
No here is why arta is probably scum:
- voting yes to a failure team while not in said failure team
- his read on me is super convenient and is based on nothing strong
- he nominated a team without me; rayn tells him to nominate me; he argues that he thinks I am scum, then he nominates me anyway

I wanted to ask you about this:
I don't think the first two reasons are really good. Or like if you think they are then based on (2) you should probably be scum for your case at the start of the game. (1) is non-alignment indicative in itself. (3) is the most important thing i wanted to ask you about:

Why do you think it's scum indicative for Artanis to nominate you instead of me when i ask? Like in your world you should think you are town, right? Now you must at least entertain a possibility that i am mafia based on mission 1. So in your opinion Artanis is switching a "not sure town" to "sure town". Why does he do that as scum? There is absolutely zero reason he would do that so that he could blame you if the mission fails because both me and kitaman already read you as town. I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that's alignment indicative -- not to even mention scummy.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
November 10 2015 10:02 GMT
#2201
Yeah, i agree with you on one thing. Him voting no onto the team is kinda dumb and i don't know how that makes sense.
Let me go read his case on you.
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
Nina 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2111
Shuttle 1037
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 54
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 36
Noble 29
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 615
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8380
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft277
Mew2King176
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS33
RuFF_SC20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Response 18
• Letter147
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Lourlo1125
• Rush870
• Stunt292
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 9m
OSC
17h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.