• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:35
CEST 17:35
KST 00:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8115 users

[M][T] The New Personality Mafia - Page 197

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 220 Next
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 19:42 GMT
#3921
Looks like it's 3 to 3 Rit and Me

Deciding vote is you Damdred.

I wont blame you for fear voting me.
I can take that responsibility.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 01 2015 19:57 GMT
#3922
On September 02 2015 04:19 JudgeJudy wrote:
[image loading]

Show nested quote +
On September 02 2015 04:09 geript wrote:
A point in your favor there is that ritoky's RB choices are pretty goddamn awful (HTS, Chez, Me, Damdred).


That point is really important though. As a town roleblocker, you've got an incredibly powerful role, you're essentially a cop plus a medic because you can block the mafia kp and then when the kp never shows up, you can lynch the guy you blocked.

He is roleblocking the towny HTS, the claimed survivor who almost certainly isn't carrying out the mafia kp, and yourself, the guy who already has a green check on him. Like the only good claimed rb was chez. He thought you of all people was the guy most likely to carry out the mafia kp last night?

All today he attacks me for arguing against the "99%" confirmed town, yet here he is roleblocking another "99%" confirmed town to try to stop the mafia kp. There is a reason he has to do this though. He already claimed rb so he has to claim targeting someone, yet he can't block someone like me, obi or TT because that would mean his lynch pool is reduced by one each time he confirms another player. Doesn't this make sense to you?

It's not a point I've forgotten, but I don't think it's right to lynch him today. Like there's a greater than 0% chance that he's town. In the least the greencheck affords him a 25% chance of being town at worst. Plus, it's not like mafia aren't essentially forced to NK him if the RB can hit them. Right now I think there's 7 people. He can't RB me, or Fido, or Damdred. That leaves him 3 people he can claim an rb on. Like he's only got a win condition if he has a partner still alive. If he's mafia, we can only lose if Damdred isn't a survivor.

Strategically, he's just a very bad lynch today and maybe tomorrow too.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 01 2015 19:58 GMT
#3923
Do your bomb(s) go off you get lynched JJ?
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 01 2015 19:58 GMT
#3924
Literally cannot believe that there is a TT wagon that I'm not on. If it is TT, I'm going to feel like I have met my nemesis again and once again he has bested me.

But my read on TT basically stems back to the fact that at EOD2 I was convinced that all three wagons (me, Rels and Yamato) were town. There actually was a serious wagon on me. TT and Rels were the only two there (at least, it felt like) who were thinking the same thing I was. In honesty, I wasn't even really scum reading Rayn particularly, but I really thought all the wagons were bogus and I was sure Rels was town. If TT isn't there I really and truly don't think the wagon on rayn gets started, let alone succeeds. I don't see why scum TT bothers.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 01 2015 20:01 GMT
#3925
I will admit that this TT game feels very different to NewbieXII, when he was town. That was a very different game though. He subbed in and also we had the scum team 2/3 after d3.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 20:04 GMT
#3926
On September 02 2015 04:57 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2015 04:19 JudgeJudy wrote:
[image loading]

On September 02 2015 04:09 geript wrote:
A point in your favor there is that ritoky's RB choices are pretty goddamn awful (HTS, Chez, Me, Damdred).


That point is really important though. As a town roleblocker, you've got an incredibly powerful role, you're essentially a cop plus a medic because you can block the mafia kp and then when the kp never shows up, you can lynch the guy you blocked.

He is roleblocking the towny HTS, the claimed survivor who almost certainly isn't carrying out the mafia kp, and yourself, the guy who already has a green check on him. Like the only good claimed rb was chez. He thought you of all people was the guy most likely to carry out the mafia kp last night?

All today he attacks me for arguing against the "99%" confirmed town, yet here he is roleblocking another "99%" confirmed town to try to stop the mafia kp. There is a reason he has to do this though. He already claimed rb so he has to claim targeting someone, yet he can't block someone like me, obi or TT because that would mean his lynch pool is reduced by one each time he confirms another player. Doesn't this make sense to you?

It's not a point I've forgotten, but I don't think it's right to lynch him today. Like there's a greater than 0% chance that he's town. In the least the greencheck affords him a 25% chance of being town at worst. Plus, it's not like mafia aren't essentially forced to NK him if the RB can hit them. Right now I think there's 7 people. He can't RB me, or Fido, or Damdred. That leaves him 3 people he can claim an rb on. Like he's only got a win condition if he has a partner still alive. If he's mafia, we can only lose if Damdred isn't a survivor.

Strategically, he's just a very bad lynch today and maybe tomorrow too.


This is an interesting point, but if I were to flip town where would that leave you tomorrow?
I can take that responsibility.
JudgeJudy
Profile Joined August 2015
188 Posts
September 01 2015 20:08 GMT
#3927
On September 02 2015 04:58 geript wrote:
Do your bomb(s) go off you get lynched JJ?


[image loading]

Yessir.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 20:11 GMT
#3928
On September 02 2015 04:42 Tictock wrote:
Looks like it's 3 to 3 Rit and Me

Deciding vote is you Damdred.

I wont blame you for fear voting me.


How is anything I'm doing fear siding? I'm being pretty rational at this point in time and trying to make a decent decision.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 20:13 GMT
#3929
More people should listen to everyone's favorite townread, Fidei.

I'm totally like the worst lynch ever.

Also, that's fun to know JJ.
I can take that responsibility.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 01 2015 20:17 GMT
#3930
Question: if kp are factionally delivered, does the rb on Mafia achieve anything?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 01 2015 20:17 GMT
#3931
TBH, I'm not a huge fan of Fidei. I just don't feel like I have a specific reason to townread him other than his claim and the rayn switch. I feel like maybe I should have more and maybe I'm just being lazy.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 20:17 GMT
#3932
On September 02 2015 05:11 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2015 04:42 Tictock wrote:
Looks like it's 3 to 3 Rit and Me

Deciding vote is you Damdred.

I wont blame you for fear voting me.


How is anything I'm doing fear siding? I'm being pretty rational at this point in time and trying to make a decent decision.


More than anyone it looks like your struggling since you seem to have pretty decent reasons to townread all of us.

Seems like people have a hard time reading me and I managed to avoid you in HG. Fear could well be a motivator here.

Ironic eh?

The fate of either Rit or myself lies in the hands of our 3p Survivor...
I can take that responsibility.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 01 2015 20:18 GMT
#3933
No but, JJ has a point about LT's role being a bit odd (untrackable) if kp is factional.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 20:18 GMT
#3934
On September 02 2015 05:17 Fidei86 wrote:
Question: if kp are factionally delivered, does the rb on Mafia achieve anything?


KP is definitely not fractionally delivered.
I can take that responsibility.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 20:19 GMT
#3935
Tt answer me this, eod day 2. You initially suggested rayn but don't really push it just say you wouldn't mind a wagon and then vote fideli.

Its only after kel myself really come back and start shenanigans that you vote him. So why weren't you so ready to vote him and just settled on Fidel? Especially with so much time left..
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 20:25 GMT
#3936
Like tt makes that point about rayn and rayn calls it shit then tt makes a joke and barely mentions rayn again jumps on fid and never pushes rayn.

Lackluster says 20 minutes before eod no chance of a switch and when a switch happens he jumps on.

its weird
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 01 2015 20:25 GMT
#3937
I'll be right back
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
September 01 2015 20:28 GMT
#3938
I believe that was after I had tried to start a lynch on rayn, then unvoted to Fidei.

Honestly I just remember being disappointing nobody else was willing to jump on Rayn over Rels at that point, kus I was pretty sure Rels wasn't mafia. I really don't recall why I hopped on Fidie, just that I was kinda swinging my opinion on him a lot D1 and 2.

Humm....
Didn't Fidei rejoin EoD promising some big case on Rels, then swapped it to Rit? That mighta been why I switched.

Retrospect that just makes me believe Fidei's watcher claim all the more, he even claimed that whole case switch was to throw people off.
I can take that responsibility.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 01 2015 20:28 GMT
#3939
On September 01 2015 20:30 Fidei86 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2015 07:59 Tictock wrote:
Ok good, I was gunna be so mad if Rels faked that redcheck.

1 mafia left, who's gunna flip it?

Honestly if it's not KSC or Obi we are gunna have to do some hard rethinking tomorrow.

You all know what I think.

Wonder if Chez was in on mafia QT as traitor... meh prob doesn't matter.

@TT I've been through your filter and it seems that you were pretty much in the tank for an Obi lynch today. But you've ended up sort of going along with JJ's ritoky push. Yes, you did say just after that that you thought ritoky was scummy, but this jarred me a little bit going through your filter. It doesn't seem like you've made much of a concerted push on Obi today. Can you explain?

@TT would like your response to this please.
Fidei86
Profile Joined May 2015
United Kingdom2116 Posts
September 01 2015 20:33 GMT
#3940
On September 02 2015 05:28 Tictock wrote:
I believe that was after I had tried to start a lynch on rayn, then unvoted to Fidei.

Honestly I just remember being disappointing nobody else was willing to jump on Rayn over Rels at that point, kus I was pretty sure Rels wasn't mafia. I really don't recall why I hopped on Fidie, just that I was kinda swinging my opinion on him a lot D1 and 2.

Humm....
Didn't Fidei rejoin EoD promising some big case on Rels, then swapped it to Rit? That mighta been why I switched.

Retrospect that just makes me believe Fidei's watcher claim all the more, he even claimed that whole case switch was to throw people off.

I came back, voted Rels (for some reason, I think it was because I was town reading more people on the Rels wagon than on the Yamato wagon, although that sounds dumb now I say it out loud), then wrote a long case on ritoky. This was before I had received my upgrade, so I sort of thought "screw it, I'll get my read out so at least people have that if I get lynched". I was literally about one minute away from claiming, before the momentum moved elsewhere.

@TT People were scum reading me because I'd been absent all of the day cycle (which was fair enough). But then I was hyper-frenetic and managed to make up for it all with my contribution to the rayn switch (which I am fairly proud of, if I do say so myself, although I think Rels gets like 80% of the credit).
Prev 1 195 196 197 198 199 220 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM487
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 487
Reynor 285
ByuN 224
TKL 174
Railgan 74
Codebar 52
BRAT_OK 37
IndyStarCraft 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 58454
Bisu 2973
Calm 1840
FanTaSy 1034
Stork 811
Rush 408
hero 374
firebathero 188
Snow 115
Sharp 111
[ Show more ]
actioN 85
Free 65
Mind 65
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 38
Pusan 35
Sexy 24
soO 24
Mong 22
Rock 21
Aegong 20
Terrorterran 18
Hm[arnc] 16
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10007
Dendi979
Counter-Strike
fl0m4658
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1475
B2W.Neo697
Beastyqt579
olofmeister557
Mlord492
Khaldor388
KnowMe302
crisheroes188
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV274
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV580
League of Legends
• Nemesis3224
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1639
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 25m
OSC
7h 25m
Replay Cast
7h 25m
OSC
20h 25m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.