• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9366 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 91

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 335 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:18 GMT
#1801
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 19:19 GMT
#1802
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?

Wait what? Since when am I your scum read, and why?

Last thing you said about me was "I'm probably going to vote keir for warrior".
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:19 GMT
#1803
On March 30 2015 04:10 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
First things first, I'm starting anew. None of this Kita/BH stuff.

Second things seconds, we are 100% killing Trefl tomorrow.

He posted his scum-case on Sicklucker...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
...
sicklucker

It's obvious that what sicklucker's play has been scummy. The question is whether or not it is alignment indicative. I think that it is.
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor
Why would sicklucker do this?
  • As town, sicklucker's claim is intended to get a confirmed town (himself) on the adventuring party. Another possibility is that he actually has extremely strong powers, and wants to ensure that he survives. It is possible that he did this for both of these motives.
  • As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.
And the explanation for this play from town!sicklucker makes no sense.

Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party. If he is willing to claim one of his abilities early on, I expect him to follow through and push this correctly. He posts the following:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 28 2015 10:50 sicklucker wrote:
0 votes on me a confirmed town. Ya ok
On March 28 2015 10:54 sicklucker wrote:
If i knew this was gonna be a popularity contest and not a give it to a town contest I probably wouldnt have claimed
On March 28 2015 10:56 sicklucker wrote:
You guys better at least make me the cleric or ill question your intelligence.

And doesn't mention it again. Clearly he gave up on his campaign very early on. And since he's already invested in it, this makes no sense. He clearly had no plan for pushing, and not even a desire to interact with people and explain himself.

Furthermore, sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.
On March 28 2015 10:55 sicklucker wrote:
Rsoutin im never nked ever. Like ever I been nked once ever and it was in your first newbie game. im not going to be nked in a 27 player game. Not ever
So, if he really does have strong powers and needs to survive, he simply wouldn't say anything, and that would accomplish this for him.

In conclusion, sicklucker has a good chance of being mafia here. His play doesn't come from a town perspective.


... in which he makes a fairly reasonable post wrapping up why sicklucker is "mafia."

However in his next post is what makes me want to lynch him:
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.


"town are generally looking for mafia"
"in the first post trfel concludes that sicklucker is mafia"

what hapa? didn't sl claim 3p after trfel made that post?


Yes, and that doesn't invalidate the point. Being super comfortable iwth a 3p lynch more alligns with mafia objectives than town ones.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:20 GMT
#1804
Also HF, you need to chill. I can't read a 90 page game in 15 minutes.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:21 GMT
#1805
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


I don't really know hapa, but you tend to do that thing where makes no sense = mafia, when some people just make no sense sometimes. does hapa normally make sense?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
March 29 2015 19:21 GMT
#1806
On March 30 2015 03:49 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 03:48 Onegu wrote:
But why are you stepping off of it HF?

explain to me why you ask this.



Because I find it odd he doesn't want warrior anymore...
Try TL Mafia!!!
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:22 GMT
#1807
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


Mmm.
Retired.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:24 GMT
#1808
OWS, if I was gonna give you free stuff, who should I take off my list in your place?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:24 GMT
#1809
On March 30 2015 04:21 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


I don't really know hapa, but you tend to do that thing where makes no sense = mafia, when some people just make no sense sometimes. does hapa normally make sense?


yes? i'll let him do more stuff first though
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:26 GMT
#1810
On March 30 2015 04:19 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?

Wait what? Since when am I your scum read, and why?

Last thing you said about me was "I'm probably going to vote keir for warrior".


I asked HF about this earlier and I said I'd look into it. You've mostly dropped off after a reasonably good early day 1 and only came back to talk about either irrelevant stuff or you've discussed things that never got followed up on.

I remember you talking about LS and asking why we wanted to lynch him, but you never got an answer and never seemed to really care about it.

Then you only really showed up to talk about roles.

There are definitely other people I'd lynch first, but it seemed like you started out really strong and then kind of fell off, which is what I'd kind of expect after JoaT.
Retired.
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
March 29 2015 19:26 GMT
#1811
I already told you guys why slam is 99% town.

Again I need to be cleric.
Try TL Mafia!!!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 19:27 GMT
#1812
On March 30 2015 04:21 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


I don't really know hapa, but you tend to do that thing where makes no sense = mafia, when some people just make no sense sometimes. does hapa normally make sense?

Yes, definitely.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:27 GMT
#1813
On March 30 2015 04:24 ritoky wrote:
OWS, if I was gonna give you free stuff, who should I take off my list in your place?


Don't you have 11 things to give away?
Retired.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 29 2015 19:30 GMT
#1814
On March 30 2015 04:20 Hapahauli wrote:
Also HF, you need to chill. I can't read a 90 page game in 15 minutes.


Can you let us know when you are caught up? Thanks.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 29 2015 19:31 GMT
#1815
I feel as if I'm being ignored.

Meh.
Writer@WriterYamato
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:31 GMT
#1816
On March 30 2015 04:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?


no hapa still, that post was awful, his reads aren't "non committal" like hapa is stating, he town reads ls quite hard and has the same read on hapa as everyone else in the game and same with hts (before someone found out her pre-game excuse or w/e)

he also says that town generally like to find mafia first and his first post was that trfel called sicklucker mafia......?

i don't get it at all


Also, it's worth commenting that Trefel isn't "hard town-reading LS". The statement "I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum" does not sounds like a strong town read.

Furthermore, you're not really understanding what I"m trying to say about Trefl in general. Sicklucker post was good on its own. Paired with the 2nd, it is bad.

He calls sicklucker mafia, as well as a couple of other people. Instead of developing his other reads when sicklucker claims 3p, he gets super comfortable with lynching sicklucker. That 'aint good.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 19:31 GMT
#1817
On March 30 2015 04:26 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:19 Keirathi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:16 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?

Wait what? Since when am I your scum read, and why?

Last thing you said about me was "I'm probably going to vote keir for warrior".


I asked HF about this earlier and I said I'd look into it. You've mostly dropped off after a reasonably good early day 1 and only came back to talk about either irrelevant stuff or you've discussed things that never got followed up on.

I remember you talking about LS and asking why we wanted to lynch him, but you never got an answer and never seemed to really care about it.

Then you only really showed up to talk about roles.

There are definitely other people I'd lynch first, but it seemed like you started out really strong and then kind of fell off, which is what I'd kind of expect after JoaT.

There's a huge difference. I've already put in way more effort here than I did in the entirety of JOAT. And besides that, the "strong start" from JoaT was all during night 1. I basically had like 10 posts in all of day 1.

The drop off in activity can simply be explained by the fact that I didn't have to work Friday night, and I did last night.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:32 GMT
#1818
On March 30 2015 04:31 yamato77 wrote:
I feel as if I'm being ignored.

Meh.


well it's hard to talk to you when you don't say anything with any content in it
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 19:32 GMT
#1819
Yo Hapa, am I scum? Gogo.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:34 GMT
#1820
Btw rit, if I had to give you an answer I'd say get rid of Onegu.

If nothing else because I've done more than him. :D
Retired.
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
UpATreeSC 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5124
Bisu 2805
Soulkey 1748
Jaedong 715
Horang2 577
EffOrt 539
Mini 508
Larva 344
actioN 290
ZerO 272
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Yoon 150
Mind 96
Dewaltoss 89
sorry 82
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 67
hero 66
Barracks 62
Pusan 57
Snow 51
Hyun 42
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 27
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
Rock 17
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5426
qojqva2303
Dendi1201
420jenkins209
Counter-Strike
fl0m2836
Fnx 665
x6flipin431
Other Games
hiko914
Liquid`RaSZi897
B2W.Neo504
crisheroes313
DeMusliM281
XBOCT213
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX182
QueenE99
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 80
• mYiSmile133
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV644
League of Legends
• Nemesis3477
• TFBlade568
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur344
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 39m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.