• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:15
CEST 00:15
KST 07:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8174 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 335 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 19:07 GMT
#1781
First things first, I'm starting anew. None of this Kita/BH stuff.

Second things seconds, we are 100% killing Trefl tomorrow.

He posted his scum-case on Sicklucker...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
...
sicklucker

It's obvious that what sicklucker's play has been scummy. The question is whether or not it is alignment indicative. I think that it is.
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor
Why would sicklucker do this?
  • As town, sicklucker's claim is intended to get a confirmed town (himself) on the adventuring party. Another possibility is that he actually has extremely strong powers, and wants to ensure that he survives. It is possible that he did this for both of these motives.
  • As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.
And the explanation for this play from town!sicklucker makes no sense.

Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party. If he is willing to claim one of his abilities early on, I expect him to follow through and push this correctly. He posts the following:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 28 2015 10:50 sicklucker wrote:
0 votes on me a confirmed town. Ya ok
On March 28 2015 10:54 sicklucker wrote:
If i knew this was gonna be a popularity contest and not a give it to a town contest I probably wouldnt have claimed
On March 28 2015 10:56 sicklucker wrote:
You guys better at least make me the cleric or ill question your intelligence.

And doesn't mention it again. Clearly he gave up on his campaign very early on. And since he's already invested in it, this makes no sense. He clearly had no plan for pushing, and not even a desire to interact with people and explain himself.

Furthermore, sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2015 10:55 sicklucker wrote:
Rsoutin im never nked ever. Like ever I been nked once ever and it was in your first newbie game. im not going to be nked in a 27 player game. Not ever
So, if he really does have strong powers and needs to survive, he simply wouldn't say anything, and that would accomplish this for him.

In conclusion, sicklucker has a good chance of being mafia here. His play doesn't come from a town perspective.


... in which he makes a fairly reasonable post wrapping up why sicklucker is "mafia."

However in his next post is what makes me want to lynch him:
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:07 GMT
#1782
On March 30 2015 04:06 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.


why not sicklucker by that same logic?


because sicklucker claimed vet, which I TR him for now for, but he didn't claim the name of his role. as you can see from me and ls roles have names. no name = not enuf for a vote.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
March 29 2015 19:08 GMT
#1783
Vote Count:

yamato77 (1): WaveofShadow
Blazinghand (0): Onegu, Koshi
Holyflare (4): VisceraEyes, Snarfs, VayneAuthority, Koshi, Trfel
VayneAuthority (1): Koshi, Holyflare, Sepulchre
VisceraEyes (1): Onegu
Onegu (1): VisceraEyes
ritoky (2): sicklucker, batsnacks
Chezitwo (0): Snarfs
rsoultin (4): ExO_, Holyflare, Damdred, ObiWanShinobi
Koshi (2): rsoultin, Chezitwo
LightningStrike (1): ritoky

Not Voting (10): justanothertownie, Keirathi, LightningStrike, Alakaslam, Crossfire99, HalftheSky, Hapahauli, Blazinghand, yamato77, kitaman27,

Currently Holyflare is set to be elected as the fighter.
Currently
rsoultin is set to be elected as the rogue.
Currently
ritoky is set to be elected as the cleric.


Day 1 ends in on Sunday, Mar 29 11:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
Reminder: You may not vote for yourself. Voting is Mandatory
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 19:09 GMT
#1784
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

This is a greymist themed game. mafia are *ALWAYS* given safeclaims. and everyone is a role. being "un-cc'd" means absolutely nothing. "Counterclaim" doesn't even make *SENSE* in the context of this game.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:09 GMT
#1785
On March 30 2015 04:07 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

Basically everyone is a role in this game. Bad reason.


I think I have played 1 greymist game ever. Would greymist make Jim Gordon (a paragon of good) into an evil cop?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:10 GMT
#1786
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
First things first, I'm starting anew. None of this Kita/BH stuff.

Second things seconds, we are 100% killing Trefl tomorrow.

He posted his scum-case on Sicklucker...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
...
sicklucker

It's obvious that what sicklucker's play has been scummy. The question is whether or not it is alignment indicative. I think that it is.
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor
Why would sicklucker do this?
  • As town, sicklucker's claim is intended to get a confirmed town (himself) on the adventuring party. Another possibility is that he actually has extremely strong powers, and wants to ensure that he survives. It is possible that he did this for both of these motives.
  • As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.
And the explanation for this play from town!sicklucker makes no sense.

Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party. If he is willing to claim one of his abilities early on, I expect him to follow through and push this correctly. He posts the following:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 28 2015 10:50 sicklucker wrote:
0 votes on me a confirmed town. Ya ok
On March 28 2015 10:54 sicklucker wrote:
If i knew this was gonna be a popularity contest and not a give it to a town contest I probably wouldnt have claimed
On March 28 2015 10:56 sicklucker wrote:
You guys better at least make me the cleric or ill question your intelligence.

And doesn't mention it again. Clearly he gave up on his campaign very early on. And since he's already invested in it, this makes no sense. He clearly had no plan for pushing, and not even a desire to interact with people and explain himself.

Furthermore, sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.
On March 28 2015 10:55 sicklucker wrote:
Rsoutin im never nked ever. Like ever I been nked once ever and it was in your first newbie game. im not going to be nked in a 27 player game. Not ever
So, if he really does have strong powers and needs to survive, he simply wouldn't say anything, and that would accomplish this for him.

In conclusion, sicklucker has a good chance of being mafia here. His play doesn't come from a town perspective.


... in which he makes a fairly reasonable post wrapping up why sicklucker is "mafia."

However in his next post is what makes me want to lynch him:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.


"town are generally looking for mafia"
"in the first post trfel concludes that sicklucker is mafia"

what hapa? didn't sl claim 3p after trfel made that post?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 29 2015 19:10 GMT
#1787
On March 30 2015 04:07 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:06 rsoultin wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.


why not sicklucker by that same logic?


because sicklucker claimed vet, which I TR him for now for, but he didn't claim the name of his role. as you can see from me and ls roles have names. no name = not enuf for a vote.


jives, i'll give you my vote rit

lol i'm warming up to ls but it's gonna take a little more than a role claim for him to climb out of the hole he dug with me >< he may not have been lying it wait but it sure felt like it
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 29 2015 19:10 GMT
#1788
Hapa posted a thing.
Writer@WriterYamato
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:11 GMT
#1789
On March 30 2015 04:09 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

This is a greymist themed game. mafia are *ALWAYS* given safeclaims. and everyone is a role. being "un-cc'd" means absolutely nothing. "Counterclaim" doesn't even make *SENSE* in the context of this game.


didn't know this, I think in the 1 greymist game I played, I rolled one of 2 VT slots LOL
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
March 29 2015 19:11 GMT
#1790
On March 30 2015 04:09 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

Basically everyone is a role in this game. Bad reason.


I think I have played 1 greymist game ever. Would greymist make Jim Gordon (a paragon of good) into an evil cop?

Yes.
Writer@WriterYamato
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:11 GMT
#1791
On March 30 2015 04:09 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

Basically everyone is a role in this game. Bad reason.


I think I have played 1 greymist game ever. Would greymist make Jim Gordon (a paragon of good) into an evil cop?


You know this is a bullshit reason. Kita made Tyrion a scum role in Hearthstone.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:12 GMT
#1792
I get that Greymist is a different host but flavor isn't indicative of anything.
Retired.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 29 2015 19:12 GMT
#1793
On March 30 2015 04:09 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 30 2015 04:04 ritoky wrote:
I voted for LS since I can't vote for myself, and he is an uncc'd role.

really if you're voting anyone other than me or LS you really need to splain.

Basically everyone is a role in this game. Bad reason.


I think I have played 1 greymist game ever. Would greymist make Jim Gordon (a paragon of good) into an evil cop?

Sure, why not?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:12 GMT
#1794
On March 30 2015 04:10 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
First things first, I'm starting anew. None of this Kita/BH stuff.

Second things seconds, we are 100% killing Trefl tomorrow.

He posted his scum-case on Sicklucker...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
...
sicklucker

It's obvious that what sicklucker's play has been scummy. The question is whether or not it is alignment indicative. I think that it is.
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor
Why would sicklucker do this?
  • As town, sicklucker's claim is intended to get a confirmed town (himself) on the adventuring party. Another possibility is that he actually has extremely strong powers, and wants to ensure that he survives. It is possible that he did this for both of these motives.
  • As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.
And the explanation for this play from town!sicklucker makes no sense.

Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party. If he is willing to claim one of his abilities early on, I expect him to follow through and push this correctly. He posts the following:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 28 2015 10:50 sicklucker wrote:
0 votes on me a confirmed town. Ya ok
On March 28 2015 10:54 sicklucker wrote:
If i knew this was gonna be a popularity contest and not a give it to a town contest I probably wouldnt have claimed
On March 28 2015 10:56 sicklucker wrote:
You guys better at least make me the cleric or ill question your intelligence.

And doesn't mention it again. Clearly he gave up on his campaign very early on. And since he's already invested in it, this makes no sense. He clearly had no plan for pushing, and not even a desire to interact with people and explain himself.

Furthermore, sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.
On March 28 2015 10:55 sicklucker wrote:
Rsoutin im never nked ever. Like ever I been nked once ever and it was in your first newbie game. im not going to be nked in a 27 player game. Not ever
So, if he really does have strong powers and needs to survive, he simply wouldn't say anything, and that would accomplish this for him.

In conclusion, sicklucker has a good chance of being mafia here. His play doesn't come from a town perspective.


... in which he makes a fairly reasonable post wrapping up why sicklucker is "mafia."

However in his next post is what makes me want to lynch him:
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.


"town are generally looking for mafia"
"in the first post trfel concludes that sicklucker is mafia"

what hapa? didn't sl claim 3p after trfel made that post?


other points on trfel are far more convincing tbh
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:13 GMT
#1795
gonna take your guys' word on it then, I won't vote for him for that, but not gonna rescind my TR on him for saying stupid crap.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 29 2015 19:14 GMT
#1796
i kinda get the mentality of a "claimed" 3p lynch (though a look through sicklucker's filter shows he's not hard-claiming that, just not discouraging the idea) over a mostly null-read lynch like most of the others we've been bandying around have been

it could be mafia-motivated but i don't see why it couldn't be town-motivated as well
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 29 2015 19:15 GMT
#1797
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
March 29 2015 19:16 GMT
#1798
On March 30 2015 04:15 Holyflare wrote:
let's comment on that guy we want to lynch post instead of that guy we don't want to lynch shoddy reasoning for town reading ls


Fair enough.

So...Trfel/Keirathi?
Retired.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 29 2015 19:16 GMT
#1799
voted rsoul, that puts her as warrior, hf as rogue, and me as cleric.

I think this is a good setup, would prefer if me and rsoul swap spots, but meh
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 29 2015 19:18 GMT
#1800
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
First things first, I'm starting anew. None of this Kita/BH stuff.

Second things seconds, we are 100% killing Trefl tomorrow.

He posted his scum-case on Sicklucker...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 06:25 Trfel wrote:
...
sicklucker

It's obvious that what sicklucker's play has been scummy. The question is whether or not it is alignment indicative. I think that it is.
On March 28 2015 09:56 sicklucker wrote:
Ok so I have veteran powers and im never a nk. So ill just hardclaim so we have a confirmed town as mayor
Why would sicklucker do this?
  • As town, sicklucker's claim is intended to get a confirmed town (himself) on the adventuring party. Another possibility is that he actually has extremely strong powers, and wants to ensure that he survives. It is possible that he did this for both of these motives.
  • As mafia, sicklucker's claim is intended to try to get elected to the adventuring party, and to explain why he is not night killed in this game.
And the explanation for this play from town!sicklucker makes no sense.

Sicklucker didn't make any effort to push his campaign for the adventuring party. If he is willing to claim one of his abilities early on, I expect him to follow through and push this correctly. He posts the following:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 28 2015 10:50 sicklucker wrote:
0 votes on me a confirmed town. Ya ok
On March 28 2015 10:54 sicklucker wrote:
If i knew this was gonna be a popularity contest and not a give it to a town contest I probably wouldnt have claimed
On March 28 2015 10:56 sicklucker wrote:
You guys better at least make me the cleric or ill question your intelligence.

And doesn't mention it again. Clearly he gave up on his campaign very early on. And since he's already invested in it, this makes no sense. He clearly had no plan for pushing, and not even a desire to interact with people and explain himself.

Furthermore, sicklucker himself stated that he never gets night killed.
On March 28 2015 10:55 sicklucker wrote:
Rsoutin im never nked ever. Like ever I been nked once ever and it was in your first newbie game. im not going to be nked in a 27 player game. Not ever
So, if he really does have strong powers and needs to survive, he simply wouldn't say anything, and that would accomplish this for him.

In conclusion, sicklucker has a good chance of being mafia here. His play doesn't come from a town perspective.


... in which he makes a fairly reasonable post wrapping up why sicklucker is "mafia."

However in his next post is what makes me want to lynch him:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.

Why tomorrow and not today?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 335 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
SpeCial 108
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 377
MaD[AoV]32
910 23
Bale 11
League of Legends
JimRising 509
Counter-Strike
fl0m4381
Fnx 613
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox456
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Other Games
summit1g6117
FrodaN650
C9.Mang0252
Trikslyr19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21424
Other Games
• imaqtpie783
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 45m
Patches Events
17h 45m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.