• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:26
CEST 19:26
KST 02:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8519 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 50

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 All
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 01:35 GMT
#6620
On April 08 2015 10:30 Holyflare wrote:
I basically almost won and lynched mafia day 1. I submitted the bh lynch if i got warrior.

But you didn't do so because you thought he was mafia :p
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 02:29 GMT
#6627
On April 08 2015 11:14 GreYMisT wrote:
Holyfare targeted BH, who was bussed with JAT who was bussed with Koshi, thus koshi was poisioned.

So stupid.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 19:01 GMT
#6685
On April 08 2015 17:01 phagga wrote:
JAT, I was surprised you gave your death mask to ObiWanShinobi. You didn't trust your own red check on Vayne, you didn't trust BH's red check on Vayne (which was legit, despite BH being mafia), but you trusted the greencheck on Obi although it said in LS role PM that the checks might have been tempered with? That didn't make any sense to me.

Well, it was fun cohosting and watching this game, thanks everyone for playing

On April 08 2015 18:46 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2015 17:33 Keirathi wrote:
On April 08 2015 17:01 phagga wrote:
JAT, I was surprised you gave your death mask to ObiWanShinobi. You didn't trust your own red check on Vayne, you didn't trust BH's red check on Vayne (which was legit, despite BH being mafia), but you trusted the greencheck on Obi although it said in LS role PM that the checks might have been tempered with? That didn't make any sense to me.


Even now that we know VA and OWS were both scum, I would *STILL* argue that we played that situation right. The redcheck on VA meant absolutely nothing without any way to confirm the target. 0. Zip. Nada. It was basically saying "There is a scum in this game." And knowing whether marv checked VA or not completely changed the result of JATs check.

From a statistical standpoint, I would even argue that it was very, very unlikely that LS's check hit a frame target. It's hard to quantify it mathematically since we obviously aren't just dealing with randoming someone out of the player list, but in all the time that I've played mafia, I could probably count the number of times that a cop check has hit a frame target on one hand.

It's easy to sit back and say "gosh you played that badly" from the sidelines when you know the correct answer, but I don't think the way we handled that was bad at all.


I understand that JAT did not trust the red checks in a chaotic game like this. But then why does he trust a green check? And I don't mean "ok that guy is possibly town, if that check was framed we can still deal with him later"-trust, because that I can understand. But "here, take my vigi-and-protection-item"-trust? And in a PM game where everyone shares details about what they are doing with several people, mafia has an easier time framing the right person. Shinobi was under pressure from kita/jat (according to scumQT, 268) and therefore they assumed that he would be checked that night, hence the frame.

I just wanted to point it out because it was a single decision by one person that had quite an impact on the game (VE got killed instead of potentially a mafia, leading to 5-5-1 instead of 6-4-1 on D4).

I know its easier from the sidelines. There are a lot of other actions I don't understand, but I know myself that things are different if you know nothing about the game. Who knows what I would have done in that situation.


You don't seem to realize what was actually the situation. There was no redcheck on anyone. The only thing we knew is that marv redchecked someone but not who so your whole argumentation here is pretty irritating for me.
I "trusted" the green check because at that point in the game we had already almost lost and even though there were people that I thought were much townier they had abilities that I wanted them to use that night while Obi didn't. If the check on Obi was wrong then we would have probably lost to that at some point anyways so I just gambled on that one.
I knew something was up when he refused to cooperate in the end but it was too late then.

I don't remember telling Onegu to trust Obi (maybe I did and forgot), I told him that he had my items because he wanted to work with the person that had them.

And your claim bashing is completely unwarranted. That was absolutely correct and with a few more claims this game could have went very differently. Like Kita said they almost solved the game and it is not like scum got much information since noone of them was involved in the pm circles. I shared almost 0 information with anyone of the scumteam in this game. The people I shared my stuff with were ALL town.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 19:02 GMT
#6686
On April 08 2015 17:41 marvellosity wrote:
why didn't you fuckers just kill VA for me?

I tried to dayvig him. We tried to lynch him day2.
On April 08 2015 19:12 Koshi wrote:
Pretty sure that we would have lynched VA if the day didn't get shortened.

This.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 19:16 GMT
#6688
jerk
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 08 2015 19:27 GMT
#6690
On April 09 2015 04:25 phagga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2015 04:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 08 2015 17:01 phagga wrote:
JAT, I was surprised you gave your death mask to ObiWanShinobi. You didn't trust your own red check on Vayne, you didn't trust BH's red check on Vayne (which was legit, despite BH being mafia), but you trusted the greencheck on Obi although it said in LS role PM that the checks might have been tempered with? That didn't make any sense to me.

Well, it was fun cohosting and watching this game, thanks everyone for playing

On April 08 2015 18:46 phagga wrote:
On April 08 2015 17:33 Keirathi wrote:
On April 08 2015 17:01 phagga wrote:
JAT, I was surprised you gave your death mask to ObiWanShinobi. You didn't trust your own red check on Vayne, you didn't trust BH's red check on Vayne (which was legit, despite BH being mafia), but you trusted the greencheck on Obi although it said in LS role PM that the checks might have been tempered with? That didn't make any sense to me.


Even now that we know VA and OWS were both scum, I would *STILL* argue that we played that situation right. The redcheck on VA meant absolutely nothing without any way to confirm the target. 0. Zip. Nada. It was basically saying "There is a scum in this game." And knowing whether marv checked VA or not completely changed the result of JATs check.

From a statistical standpoint, I would even argue that it was very, very unlikely that LS's check hit a frame target. It's hard to quantify it mathematically since we obviously aren't just dealing with randoming someone out of the player list, but in all the time that I've played mafia, I could probably count the number of times that a cop check has hit a frame target on one hand.

It's easy to sit back and say "gosh you played that badly" from the sidelines when you know the correct answer, but I don't think the way we handled that was bad at all.


I understand that JAT did not trust the red checks in a chaotic game like this. But then why does he trust a green check? And I don't mean "ok that guy is possibly town, if that check was framed we can still deal with him later"-trust, because that I can understand. But "here, take my vigi-and-protection-item"-trust? And in a PM game where everyone shares details about what they are doing with several people, mafia has an easier time framing the right person. Shinobi was under pressure from kita/jat (according to scumQT, 268) and therefore they assumed that he would be checked that night, hence the frame.

I just wanted to point it out because it was a single decision by one person that had quite an impact on the game (VE got killed instead of potentially a mafia, leading to 5-5-1 instead of 6-4-1 on D4).

I know its easier from the sidelines. There are a lot of other actions I don't understand, but I know myself that things are different if you know nothing about the game. Who knows what I would have done in that situation.


You don't seem to realize what was actually the situation. There was no redcheck on anyone. The only thing we knew is that marv redchecked someone but not who so your whole argumentation here is pretty irritating for me.
I "trusted" the green check because at that point in the game we had already almost lost and even though there were people that I thought were much townier they had abilities that I wanted them to use that night while Obi didn't. If the check on Obi was wrong then we would have probably lost to that at some point anyways so I just gambled on that one.
I knew something was up when he refused to cooperate in the end but it was too late then.

I don't remember telling Onegu to trust Obi (maybe I did and forgot), I told him that he had my items because he wanted to work with the person that had them.

And your claim bashing is completely unwarranted. That was absolutely correct and with a few more claims this game could have went very differently. Like Kita said they almost solved the game and it is not like scum got much information since noone of them was involved in the pm circles. I shared almost 0 information with anyone of the scumteam in this game. The people I shared my stuff with were ALL town.

I'm not claim bashing. I'm not saying all claims were stupid. But claiming DT day 1 in thread is clearly suboptimal play. There is no problem in claiming your abilities in a limited way (as you seem to have done it), but there is no need to freely give out information without reason (as some people have done it).

And you never openly claim your rolename without very good reason, because scum will have an ability to snipe you with it (as it happened in this game).

Basically, keep town on a need-to-know basis.

Yes, LS obviously did not have to claim (telling claimed 3p about anything is also something that's incredibly stupid) but that's basically it. If there is an obvious, basically confirmed townie coordinating everything then fucking claim to him.
Prev 1 48 49 50 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem438
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 438
IndyStarCraft 226
Railgan 85
BRAT_OK 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19170
BeSt 431
Soma 209
Dewaltoss 124
Mind 107
hero 79
Zeus 49
Hyun 47
Killer 40
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 19
NaDa 18
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5042
qojqva3003
Dendi1381
420jenkins446
Counter-Strike
fl0m4369
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4213
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1046
MindelVK13
Other Games
FrodaN2490
B2W.Neo759
byalli479
ArmadaUGS197
Hui .166
KnowMe128
QueenE87
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• FirePhoenix3
• blackmanpl 1
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4071
League of Legends
• Nemesis2743
Other Games
• imaqtpie339
• Shiphtur232
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 34m
Replay Cast
5h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.