• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:48
CEST 17:48
KST 00:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9664 users

XXX Mini Mafia: A Night of Debauchery (18+) - Page 335

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 343 Next
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 22:58 GMT
#6681
On March 24 2015 07:58 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2015 07:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 24 2015 07:52 rsoultin wrote:
eh i don't think you can blame people who try as scum?

like there's a huge difference between just giving up the moment you see your role pm and >> being bad at it

lol

Sure. But what I am saying is that most people try way less as scum and that's a serious problem.


:/

yeah that's true

on the plus side i get discouraged as both alignments, yay!

><

yeah sorry i know i don't play scum well -_-

or town

lol why am i here again?

lol
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 23 2015 23:00 GMT
#6682
Actually JAT I had this one streak where I rolled scum like in 4 games straight I think and replaced in twice as scum in like 3 months. It was depressing, I mean its not chairman ray depressing but still
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:01 GMT
#6683
On March 24 2015 08:00 Damdred wrote:
Actually JAT I had this one streak where I rolled scum like in 4 games straight I think and replaced in twice as scum in like 3 months. It was depressing, I mean its not chairman ray depressing but still

Yes, it is. It is fucking depressing. That's the correct word to describe it.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
March 23 2015 23:01 GMT
#6684
I did not follow this game, but I still made sure to check back every day just for the sexy OP formatting.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 23:05:16
March 23 2015 23:03 GMT
#6685
On March 24 2015 08:01 kitaman27 wrote:
I did not follow this game, but I still made sure to check back every day just for the sexy OP formatting.

totally.

too bad the flavor kind of disappeared because that was pretty good too (in it's own peculiar way)
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 23 2015 23:03 GMT
#6686
Overall I actually think this was a great game. Everyone put in effort to win, it was close and exciting right to lylo, there were a lot of funny and interesting moments in it.
Computer says mafia
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:04 GMT
#6687
On March 24 2015 08:03 Palmar wrote:
Overall I actually think this was a great game. Everyone put in effort to win, it was close and exciting right to lylo, there were a lot of funny and interesting moments in it.

Onegu and ritoky already forgotten. Mainly Onegu.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 23 2015 23:04 GMT
#6688
i probably said this already but i also enjoyed this game.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:05 GMT
#6689
Also that marv guy. Was absolutely not invested in this game. Really poor show.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 23 2015 23:06 GMT
#6690
anyway rayn is completely right that damdred should not have PMed marv about anything remotely game related while the game was going on

but sometimes people make mistakes and that's really just what happens

sorry about your wife damdred good to hear she's safe now
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 23 2015 23:06 GMT
#6691
oh, on the funniest moment:

i nominate slam posting and several people actually giving reads on him (me included)
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
March 23 2015 23:07 GMT
#6692
On March 24 2015 08:06 Eden1892 wrote:
oh, on the funniest moment:

i nominate slam posting and several people actually giving reads on him (me included)

On March 20 2015 08:52 prplhz wrote:
dunno really but it was funny that everybody thought that slam was in the game

http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 23 2015 23:07 GMT
#6693
<3 prp!

you said i was smart!

free townie points in like

all games

from here to forever lol ><

(i didn't say how many)

oh and i meant what i said by TOWN HERO PRP <3 in the obs qt
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 23 2015 23:08 GMT
#6694
O_o, my slot was dead. And I told marv I was sorry for being an ass to him. Then told him what happened to my wife explaining why I was an ass to him....

Like nothing game wise came up at all
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 23 2015 23:09 GMT
#6695
On March 24 2015 08:07 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2015 08:06 Eden1892 wrote:
oh, on the funniest moment:

i nominate slam posting and several people actually giving reads on him (me included)

Show nested quote +
On March 20 2015 08:52 prplhz wrote:
dunno really but it was funny that everybody thought that slam was in the game


confirmed funniest moment
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:11 GMT
#6696
On March 24 2015 08:06 Eden1892 wrote:
oh, on the funniest moment:

i nominate slam posting and several people actually giving reads on him (me included)

Yes, but this still has to stop. Slam has no business posting in games he doesn't take part in and he should know this by now.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
March 23 2015 23:11 GMT
#6697
The way I see it, there are basically 3 skills you need to play a game of mafia:

1) The ability to read people's alignments
2) The ability to look town yourself
3) The ability to convince people that your read is correct

For me, I'm reasonably okay at (1), pretty good at (2), and terrible at (3). The problem is taht when you roll mafia, you don't have to do (1) anymore. So your (2) and (3) have to compensate. For me, that means that the part I am the worst at is a huge part of what it takes to be good at scum. You *HAVE* to be able to manipulate people/the thread to get your votes through. So even if it seems like I'm trying less as scum, it's more that I don't try to do (3) at all really, even when I'm town, and it just makes it even more of a weakness if i roll scum since it counts for more.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. But it was fun to think about
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:12 GMT
#6698
On March 24 2015 08:08 Damdred wrote:
O_o, my slot was dead. And I told marv I was sorry for being an ass to him. Then told him what happened to my wife explaining why I was an ass to him....

Like nothing game wise came up at all

Maybe, maybe not. It was still relevant to the game/people were discussing this so you should not have done this.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 23 2015 23:15 GMT
#6699
On March 24 2015 08:11 Keirathi wrote:
The way I see it, there are basically 3 skills you need to play a game of mafia:

1) The ability to read people's alignments
2) The ability to look town yourself
3) The ability to convince people that your read is correct

For me, I'm reasonably okay at (1), pretty good at (2), and terrible at (3). The problem is taht when you roll mafia, you don't have to do (1) anymore. So your (2) and (3) have to compensate. For me, that means that the part I am the worst at is a huge part of what it takes to be good at scum. You *HAVE* to be able to manipulate people/the thread to get your votes through. So even if it seems like I'm trying less as scum, it's more that I don't try to do (3) at all really, even when I'm town, and it just makes it even more of a weakness if i roll scum since it counts for more.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. But it was fun to think about

Depends on how you play scum though. Your first priority should be to play like you do as town and if you don't bully people to sheep your reads you also don't need to do it as scum. If mafia looks town then town often just destroys itself without scum having to do anything. This almost happened this game even though the remaining townies looked a million times more towny than the last scum.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
March 23 2015 23:15 GMT
#6700
On March 24 2015 08:12 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2015 08:08 Damdred wrote:
O_o, my slot was dead. And I told marv I was sorry for being an ass to him. Then told him what happened to my wife explaining why I was an ass to him....

Like nothing game wise came up at all

Maybe, maybe not. It was still relevant to the game/people were discussing this so you should not have done this.


dude seriously

you're trying to say that apologizing to someone after your slot has flipped for the way you behaved before you subbed out is game-breaking?

leave it alone -_- you and rayn have made your point and it's a bad one at that
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Prev 1 333 334 335 336 337 343 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem314
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 314
IndyStarCraft 111
Railgan 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55478
Shuttle 4177
BeSt 660
Horang2 584
actioN 287
Larva 268
ggaemo 190
Sexy 185
Soma 146
Mind 119
[ Show more ]
Last 102
Zeus 76
Aegong 70
Killer 55
hero 54
Hyun 53
Dewaltoss 52
Sea.KH 48
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 23
PianO 21
Rock 15
NaDa 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5488
qojqva3070
Dendi1450
420jenkins479
Fuzer 144
Counter-Strike
fl0m3987
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu1094
MindelVK20
Other Games
singsing1541
B2W.Neo806
FrodaN759
Beastyqt747
Mlord481
byalli402
ArmadaUGS197
Hui .188
KnowMe140
QueenE79
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 27
Chillindude22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick835
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 49
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3923
League of Legends
• Nemesis3168
Other Games
• WagamamaTV216
• Shiphtur22
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 12m
Replay Cast
7h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 12m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 12m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.