• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:12
CEST 04:12
KST 11:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 32

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 115 Next
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:05 GMT
#621
On February 25 2015 22:00 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Wave what do you actually think of Yamato?

Most likely town

Why? I really don't see it.

Feels and some super early game stuff.

Plus the cycle of caring /not caring today fits with his usual town play.

That isn't really helpful for my read, sadly.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 25 2015 13:07 GMT
#622
On February 25 2015 22:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Damdred stop posting whilst driving, you're a traffic hazard

Yeah seriously, haven't you been ticketed multiple times because of that?

And Artanis if that isn't helpful why aren't you voting Yamato with the rest of these guys?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:09 GMT
#623
On February 25 2015 22:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Damdred stop posting whilst driving, you're a traffic hazard

Yeah seriously, haven't you been ticketed multiple times because of that?

And Artanis if that isn't helpful why aren't you voting Yamato with the rest of these guys?

Because I'm not sure yet if he's a better lynch than Tormented. I'm still rereading what's been posted since I went to bed too.
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 25 2015 13:10 GMT
#624
On February 25 2015 21:24 KelsierSC wrote:
So conclusion is to wait on whoever gets the most traction and then join that wagon?


If that would potentially save "any" of my extensive "believed" townies list, yes I would probably join "that wagon with most traction" (assuming the trains goes for Yamatos-Kelsier lynching).
If that wouldn't change a thing, I will decide my self in which of those wagons jump in.


On February 25 2015 21:44 KelsierSC wrote:
Why don't you actually grow a dick and vote someone


Beacause I want to give as much value to my vote as possible. No hurry for taking my final decision.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:12 GMT
#625
Or you could actually put yourself out there, call someone mafia and then vote them.
Zerg for Life
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 25 2015 13:13 GMT
#626
Kelsier I'm not sure what's making you play like this as compared to Guilty but it's weird and off putting, whether or not you're having 'fun.'

Just in case I don't get back to things

##vote: tronak
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 25 2015 13:14 GMT
#627
I will, no hurry.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:15 GMT
#628
On February 25 2015 22:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
Kelsier I'm not sure what's making you play like this as compared to Guilty but it's weird and off putting, whether or not you're having 'fun.'

Just in case I don't get back to things

##vote: tronak


The fuck did I do
Zerg for Life
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 25 2015 13:15 GMT
#629
On February 25 2015 22:13 WaveofShadow wrote:
Kelsier I'm not sure what's making you play like this as compared to Guilty but it's weird and off putting, whether or not you're having 'fun.'

Just in case I don't get back to things

##vote: tronak


Can you elaborate please?

<AFK 20 mins> I'll catch up with your answer, hoping it comes.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:15 GMT
#630
On February 25 2015 22:14 Tronak wrote:
I will, no hurry.


Do it now, who do you want to lynch?
Zerg for Life
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:29 GMT
#631
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:33 GMT
#632
Also Tronak, with how many people suspect Tormented at least some of them have to be town, which means that there is a certain amount of logic on his push that apparently you're not seeing. Is that the only reason you're suspecting me? Where would I place between the suspects you have and why?
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:33 GMT
#633
On February 25 2015 22:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.


Lol
Zerg for Life
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 13:33 GMT
#634
Tronak is also a distraction lynch. All he's saying is that he has a longish list of people he would lynch out of, and a list of people he wouldn't, and right now he's not sure which one he'd hit from his list so he's in "save his list of people not to lynch" mode. It only sounds scummy if you don't stop to steelman his comments

People I would lynch right now:
- yamato obviously
- I could lynch Wave, he's in this area where he's posted enough to be seen but he doesn't look like he's really trying to solve things. It's really weird reading his filter; I like his Damdred questioning but as soon as that subthread fizzles out, his posts are just so unimpressive to me - he has a post basically fishing for thread sentiment on lynching Kelsier, and when I asked him why he thought Kelsier's question was suspicious he never replied. Apparent sudden onset laziness culminates in (imo) lazy read of Tronak here.
- I could also lynch sicklucker. I liked his intro because it felt like classic town sicklucker to me, but he hasn't been involved in the thread at all since then. I would rather give him one more day since he cited a pretty valid reason for being inactive to this point, but for him inactivity is alignment-indicative, so he's on the table over other people.

People I would not lynch:
- Artanis
- Damdred
- Tronak
- Tormented
- Snarfs
- Node
- Probulous

Unknown pile:
- MAYBE Kelsier. I have to admit part of this is associative with sicklucker and Wave, and I'd lynch him over the other people in this list. But I would lynch the 3 in my first list over him. I feel like his play is also distracting and lynchbait rather than mafia, but I could also see where he might take this tack as mafia after replacing into a difficult situation (presuming he is mafia, he replaced into a mafia slot piloted by someone who we had pretty good reason to think was mafia due to inactivity). I'm still undecided on him but I don't think I want him when I could have the top 3.
- Shining obviously, kinda hope if he's not gonna end up being able to play that he gets modkilled, but I forget if Blazinghand modkills people for that and I don't feel like factchecking for 3 seconds to find out

I'm probably wrong about at least one of my lynch targets (and by extension one of my not-lynch targets), but I'll have time to figure that out. But the lynch should be among yamato, Wave or sicklucker today IMO.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 13:36 GMT
#635
Ah, one other thing about Wave. Earlier he said this:

On February 24 2015 15:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 15:20 yamato77 wrote:
On February 24 2015 15:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
Am I included it those who 'liked the fact that he asked some questions?' Because I don't think I said anything of the sort. I believe my words were:
On February 24 2015 12:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 24 2015 10:40 _Tormented_ wrote:
@yamato what makes you support Artanis for mayor? Especially without hearing anyone else even lobby for it yet.

This one is curious.

It's typical new player fare.
He's pretty agreeable and gives the public exactly what they want---this works from both mafia and town perspectives for obvs reasons. I'm historically awful at reading new players and this is no exception tbh.



Now I think there's maybe something to it, but
a) all you're doing is basically taking the 'he must be mafia' side of the inconspicuous newbie argument
b) I'm not sure why you think it has more merit than Prob's point that I've latched onto. I don't really see a towny mindset behind Damdred's retraction.

I thought you were describing him as a curious person, not saying that he perplexes you in some way.

Anyway, I didn't say he had to be mafia, I'm just saying that it is textbook earlygame mafia play. He's not a complete noob, either.

And such is often the problem I have with newer players (doesn't have to be a complete noob for this to apply). Textbook mafia play often also looks like textbook 'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play.

Now he's voting Tronak for... what? Something that I'd pretty much to the letter call "'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play."

I'd almost rather lynch Wave over yamato. How about that? I like my arguments better for lynching him on further reflection.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: WaveofShadow
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:39 GMT
#636
On February 25 2015 22:33 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.


Lol

I'm presuming you're pointing out the supposed irony given I'm scumreading Tormented and Yamato for backing away from that read. It's different though because Yamato made a shit case rather than a good one like Eden did, and then he backed away not because of reflection but because one of his 'question marks' also voted for him.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:42 GMT
#637
On February 25 2015 22:36 Eden1892 wrote:
Ah, one other thing about Wave. Earlier he said this:

Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 15:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 24 2015 15:20 yamato77 wrote:
On February 24 2015 15:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
Am I included it those who 'liked the fact that he asked some questions?' Because I don't think I said anything of the sort. I believe my words were:
On February 24 2015 12:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 24 2015 10:40 _Tormented_ wrote:
@yamato what makes you support Artanis for mayor? Especially without hearing anyone else even lobby for it yet.

This one is curious.

It's typical new player fare.
He's pretty agreeable and gives the public exactly what they want---this works from both mafia and town perspectives for obvs reasons. I'm historically awful at reading new players and this is no exception tbh.



Now I think there's maybe something to it, but
a) all you're doing is basically taking the 'he must be mafia' side of the inconspicuous newbie argument
b) I'm not sure why you think it has more merit than Prob's point that I've latched onto. I don't really see a towny mindset behind Damdred's retraction.

I thought you were describing him as a curious person, not saying that he perplexes you in some way.

Anyway, I didn't say he had to be mafia, I'm just saying that it is textbook earlygame mafia play. He's not a complete noob, either.

And such is often the problem I have with newer players (doesn't have to be a complete noob for this to apply). Textbook mafia play often also looks like textbook 'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play.

Now he's voting Tronak for... what? Something that I'd pretty much to the letter call "'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play."

I'd almost rather lynch Wave over yamato. How about that? I like my arguments better for lynching him on further reflection.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: WaveofShadow

I.. I was townreading him. Do I have to re-eval him too?
[image loading]
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:43 GMT
#638
On February 25 2015 22:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:33 KelsierSC wrote:
On February 25 2015 22:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.


Lol

I'm presuming you're pointing out the supposed irony given I'm scumreading Tormented and Yamato for backing away from that read. It's different though because Yamato made a shit case rather than a good one like Eden did, and then he backed away not because of reflection but because one of his 'question marks' also voted for him.


I was doing no such thing.

You might be right on Eden though.
Zerg for Life
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 25 2015 13:44 GMT
#639
On February 25 2015 22:15 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:14 Tronak wrote:
I will, no hurry.


Do it now, who do you want to lynch?


Again no, and again you or Yamato.
LeaVe & LeT DiE
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 13:45 GMT
#640
Ok which one would you lynch now?
Zerg for Life
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 146
FoxeR 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8289
JimRising 536
ViBE190
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 48m
Patches Events
12h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 48m
OSC
20h 48m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.