• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:34
CEST 20:34
KST 03:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13614 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 00:33 GMT
#509
On February 25 2015 09:29 yamato77 wrote:
So artanis, what exactly do you think of me?

Leaning mafia, but I think the case on Tormented is better.

Reading Cell right now I notice WoS bashing meta. I chuckled.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 00:43 GMT
#511
Ugh, Cell isn't really comparable since the lynch pool is so limited so thread sentiment becomes much more likely to happen regardless and I tried getting through Guilty but then I realized determining what thread sentiment is pretty hard in hindsight so I guess I'm just gonna have to drop it.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 12:56 GMT
#605
Honey I'm home!
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 12:57 GMT
#607
Wave what do you actually think of Yamato?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 12:59 GMT
#612
On February 25 2015 21:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Wave what do you actually think of Yamato?

Most likely town

Why? I really don't see it.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:01 GMT
#615
On February 25 2015 21:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Oh and for someone else for people to think about, probby has flown completely under the radar today after everyone town read him.

Please don't do that, I don't have many town reads to begin with.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:03 GMT
#619
Damdred stop posting whilst driving, you're a traffic hazard
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:05 GMT
#621
On February 25 2015 22:00 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:58 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:57 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Wave what do you actually think of Yamato?

Most likely town

Why? I really don't see it.

Feels and some super early game stuff.

Plus the cycle of caring /not caring today fits with his usual town play.

That isn't really helpful for my read, sadly.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:09 GMT
#623
On February 25 2015 22:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Damdred stop posting whilst driving, you're a traffic hazard

Yeah seriously, haven't you been ticketed multiple times because of that?

And Artanis if that isn't helpful why aren't you voting Yamato with the rest of these guys?

Because I'm not sure yet if he's a better lynch than Tormented. I'm still rereading what's been posted since I went to bed too.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:29 GMT
#631
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:33 GMT
#632
Also Tronak, with how many people suspect Tormented at least some of them have to be town, which means that there is a certain amount of logic on his push that apparently you're not seeing. Is that the only reason you're suspecting me? Where would I place between the suspects you have and why?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:39 GMT
#636
On February 25 2015 22:33 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:29 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Reading through I'm pretty sure Eden is town. Case on Tormented then backing away from it based on reflection plus his response to Yamato felt really townie.


Lol

I'm presuming you're pointing out the supposed irony given I'm scumreading Tormented and Yamato for backing away from that read. It's different though because Yamato made a shit case rather than a good one like Eden did, and then he backed away not because of reflection but because one of his 'question marks' also voted for him.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:42 GMT
#637
On February 25 2015 22:36 Eden1892 wrote:
Ah, one other thing about Wave. Earlier he said this:

Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 15:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 24 2015 15:20 yamato77 wrote:
On February 24 2015 15:17 WaveofShadow wrote:
Am I included it those who 'liked the fact that he asked some questions?' Because I don't think I said anything of the sort. I believe my words were:
On February 24 2015 12:04 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 24 2015 10:40 _Tormented_ wrote:
@yamato what makes you support Artanis for mayor? Especially without hearing anyone else even lobby for it yet.

This one is curious.

It's typical new player fare.
He's pretty agreeable and gives the public exactly what they want---this works from both mafia and town perspectives for obvs reasons. I'm historically awful at reading new players and this is no exception tbh.



Now I think there's maybe something to it, but
a) all you're doing is basically taking the 'he must be mafia' side of the inconspicuous newbie argument
b) I'm not sure why you think it has more merit than Prob's point that I've latched onto. I don't really see a towny mindset behind Damdred's retraction.

I thought you were describing him as a curious person, not saying that he perplexes you in some way.

Anyway, I didn't say he had to be mafia, I'm just saying that it is textbook earlygame mafia play. He's not a complete noob, either.

And such is often the problem I have with newer players (doesn't have to be a complete noob for this to apply). Textbook mafia play often also looks like textbook 'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play.

Now he's voting Tronak for... what? Something that I'd pretty much to the letter call "'I'm not sure what else to do here' noob play."

I'd almost rather lynch Wave over yamato. How about that? I like my arguments better for lynching him on further reflection.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: WaveofShadow

I.. I was townreading him. Do I have to re-eval him too?
[image loading]
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:45 GMT
#641
On February 25 2015 22:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also Tronak, with how many people suspect Tormented at least some of them have to be town, which means that there is a certain amount of logic on his push that apparently you're not seeing. Is that the only reason you're suspecting me? Where would I place between the suspects you have and why?

Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:47 GMT
#642
Eden how are you so sure that Tormented is a distraction lynch over just, you know, actually being scum? I've established how his thought process makes no sense and no one has come up with a reasonable argument against it.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 13:56 GMT
#643
Also I don't think your wave case is that strong. I pointed out that he was adhering more to thread sentiment already here and he replied that he's changing his meta. I actually feel like he's been probing people's thoughts for the most part in the rest of the game. I also don't think his suspicion of Tronak is contradictory; he could simply find it stronger than the case on Tormented, though I still don't understand why people keep ignoring that case.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 14:06 GMT
#648
On February 25 2015 22:57 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 22:33 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also Tronak, with how many people suspect Tormented at least some of them have to be town, which means that there is a certain amount of logic on his push that apparently you're not seeing.


By his push you refer on his push on Scarfs? or his initial bomb list?

I mean the push on Tormented, which both Yamato and Eden supported at first and Damdred and WoS saw the logic of.

Show nested quote +
Is that the only reason you're suspecting me?


My suspect on you, is not based on the target you chosed for your case by it self. Is based on a) I dont feel your arguments are solid enough to read mafia on Tormented b) how your case came in to swtich thread trending.

I don't know the actual vote count right now, but I'm pretty sure enough people have voted him to make it demonstrably wrong that it's a scumtell. Enough people found him suspicious that not all of them can be mafia. As for timing, I would've made the case that night if I were still awake but unfortunately 3am is past my bedtime. I made it as soon as I came back into the thread.

Show nested quote +
Where would I place between the suspects you have and why?


You place in list of suspects is a spot occupied only by yourself, reserved for those of my suspects that no other player are pointing out (not true entirely since Scarfs and Yamato pushed you a bit but none of them voted you). And I'll leave you here by now, hoping that either my opinion changes or I'll find better arguments to keep my suspicion alive knowing my actual arguments are seen as "weak".

I don't understand why you aren't pushing it though since as you've mentioned both Yamato and Snarfs have echoed your suspicions, so I ask my question again. Where do I rank between your other two suspects and can you elaborate on why?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 14:09 GMT
#650
I'm not worrying, I'm trying to figure him out.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 15:32 GMT
#670
On February 25 2015 23:34 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 23:06 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I don't understand why you aren't pushing it though since as you've mentioned both Yamato and Snarfs have echoed your suspicions, so I ask my question again. Where do I rank between your other two suspects and can you elaborate on why?


I cant push something no one believes (Yamato and Scarfs pointed at you but never supported my arguments) based on apparently "weak" arguments. I think this would only disturb town thinking.

You cant be between my other 2 suspects, you are on a side, completly parked for now and by now I mean D1 unless a good case (much better than mine) appears on you.

Cant see why you need more elaboration. Please enlighten me if you really need it. While writing this, I am starting to think you are just testing me now, which brings me to think you are town or a very clever mafia player. Since I believe you are clever and skilled enough to overskill me easyly, by the moment I don't want to dedicate much more time on you, since I would rather focus on my strongest suspects and whatever new starts to boil in the thread.


I think this post is very townie because the paranoia is very well articulated and omnipresent in everything, as well as having a very clear idea about what to him is acting in the best interest of town and being congruent in it.

This in contrast to Tormented for which, I once again repeat, no one has found a viable explanation regarding his sudden shift in thoughts.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 25 2015 15:32 GMT
#671
Also I'll be gone for a while leading up to the lynch in like 1h until about 1hour before deadline.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1266
TKL 435
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1266
ByuN 525
TKL 435
IndyStarCraft 285
Reynor 175
BRAT_OK 53
EmSc Tv 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34100
Calm 2624
Shuttle 388
Mini 161
White-Ra 110
firebathero 102
Mong 59
soO 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3184
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3401
Liquid`Hasu463
MindelVK6
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2304
FrodaN1523
B2W.Neo768
olofmeister617
Khaldor471
KnowMe257
Beastyqt228
crisheroes174
Livibee173
Mew2King74
ToD54
kaitlyn16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick416
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 8
EmSc2Tv 8
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 9
• Reevou 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach68
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV618
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Shiphtur696
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
26m
BSL Open Qualifier
26m
OSC
4h 26m
Replay Cast
4h 26m
OSC
17h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.