• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:02
CEST 12:02
KST 19:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6803 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 115 Next
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 24 2015 22:51 GMT
#441
On February 25 2015 07:33 yamato77 wrote:
I think ksc might be mafia.

I remember him being obstinate as town but not altogether unwilling to participate. He was much more forthcoming in the game I played with him.

I still kinda think tormented is town but it's more up in the air with Artanis being on the lynch as well and the question mark I have for him.


which game?
Zerg for Life
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 24 2015 22:54 GMT
#442
On February 25 2015 07:51 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 07:33 yamato77 wrote:
I think ksc might be mafia.

I remember him being obstinate as town but not altogether unwilling to participate. He was much more forthcoming in the game I played with him.

I still kinda think tormented is town but it's more up in the air with Artanis being on the lynch as well and the question mark I have for him.


which game?

guilty mini
Writer@WriterYamato
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 24 2015 22:54 GMT
#443
On February 25 2015 04:49 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 04:47 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 25 2015 04:18 Damdred wrote:
Was driving oj these roads of mine.

Your case isn't bad art. I am hesitant just because I could see a newb new to tl doing it just ad much as scum, does it make him town no it makes him more likely scum.

Wave you are like talking to a brick wall. 6 hours into the game Hts barely has half a page of posts probably with very little actually to go on. Not enough to convince others yet, better to get more information.


I displayed how his thought process is inconsistent. It doesn't make sense from a town perspective, newbie or not doesn't come into it.

On February 25 2015 04:40 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 25 2015 04:18 Damdred wrote:
Was driving oj these roads of mine.

Your case isn't bad art. I am hesitant just because I could see a newb new to tl doing it just ad much as scum, does it make him town no it makes him more likely scum.

Wave you are like talking to a brick wall. 6 hours into the game Hts barely has half a page of posts probably with very little actually to go on. Not enough to convince others yet, better to get more information.


THE WHY WERE YOU SO OCNFIDENT OF HIS SCUMMINESS TO BEGIN WITH

Am I the only one seeing this?
Somebody please let me know.

Comment on my case and I may let you know.


I'm not saying your wrong I'm just saying that where he comes from its not that uncommon a thing to do and besides that pace is different and he's never been asked to hive reads on day one. So I'm a little hesitant

That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't explain his sudden change from paranoia to giving concrete reads on everyone except the people he claimed to be paranoid of despite being paranoid of everyone just a few moments ago.

On February 25 2015 05:29 Snarfs wrote:
Artanis, I think you're suspicious. That's why I'm asking other people their opinion on you. I think you said a lot of nothing yesterday before leaving and that your case on Tormented is not adding more than a single line could, but it conveniently fills lots of space nicely.

What nothing did I say beyond the initial game trolling and how would you explain my point on Tormented in a single line? I felt it needed a narrative to drive the point home.

Your meta towncase on Node also feels arbitrary. You picked out an aspect that Node used in a town game and didn't use in his mafia game and presumed that it's alignment indicative because they're different, but correlation does not imply causation. Without having been in the game or reading them entirely, it's pretty much impossible to tell what drove him to post differently in that regard. Meta is useful for general trends but I don't believe the way you used it is indicative of anything. I could prove just about anything I wanted using a mafia and towngame of any one player.

On February 25 2015 06:07 WaveofShadow wrote:
Yeah chances are damdred isn't scum.
If I were to continue playing as I normally would I'd probably tunnel him uselessly till days end but I'm sure there's a good reason people haven't picked up on what I found to be marginally significant.

I'll be looking elsewhere when I get the chance. I still want you to wow me with something though, damdred. I want to know why I lost one of those 2014 awards to you.

I don't like this defeatist attitude. I had a pretty good townread on you so far but this is weaksauce. I remember Wave in Shadow consistently going against the grain with his own thoughts and no matter what the other veterans said, he continued on his own thought pattern. I find this very atypical of townWave.

On February 25 2015 06:31 Eden1892 wrote:
I think HTS replaced out because she's mafia, now to go read the thread for people who probably aren't mafia due to that

Can we please not do this?

On February 25 2015 06:57 Tronak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 03:25 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I also want more comments on my case.


I cant take seriously your case on Tormented, lyching someone for being paranoid on you during first posts while you were trolling around is not a solid argument from my point of view. First I thought you could be putting some pressure on Tormented, now I am thinking, again, you are trying to bring attention to a dead point, again.

That's not my argument at all. My argument is that he was paranoid of everyone at first, then when asked to give reads on people the only people he's paranoid of is the people he's mentioned before in his filter, and then there's that he separates between "town or mafia" and "no clue" for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Eden Node is probably town, stop pestering him. Pester this guy instead

On February 25 2015 07:33 yamato77 wrote:
I think ksc might be mafia.

I remember him being obstinate as town but not altogether unwilling to participate. He was much more forthcoming in the game I played with him.

I still kinda think tormented is town mafia but it's more up in the air with Artanis being on the lynch as well and the question mark I have for him.

Are you seriously making unflipped associations right now?
Like, really?
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 24 2015 23:01 GMT
#444
I think i've gone down totally the wrong path because I just have the two new players as mafia right now.

I'm going to reread this shit.
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 24 2015 23:03 GMT
#445
I like yamatto though he seems pretty towny so far.

It's not that I don't think tormented could be mafia I have commitment issues and not sure if he's the right lynch yet. I'll think more oh it though.

Ksc I see, but why does soneone automatically agreeing with your thought make them town? Especially with his lack of conclusion though I do think he's townish
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 24 2015 23:06 GMT
#446
On February 25 2015 08:03 Damdred wrote:
I like yamatto though he seems pretty towny so far.

It's not that I don't think tormented could be mafia I have commitment issues and not sure if he's the right lynch yet. I'll think more oh it though.

Ksc I see, but why does soneone automatically agreeing with your thought make them town? Especially with his lack of conclusion though I do think he's townish



yeh I dunno, I felt that tronak was mafia and when he asked I said that the summary post was bad and then at the same time node made his case so it felt like he was seeing the game the same way as me...

it feels like confirmation bias when you bring it up now so i'm going to look at node again.

I'm basically rereading because i have tronak and tormented as mafia and that feels wrong.
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 24 2015 23:07 GMT
#447
Though Eden bothers me a ton, really aloof of the thread only taking shots from the sideline lacks follow up on earlier things

Suddenly I want to lynch Eden.,,
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 24 2015 23:08 GMT
#448
Look at Eden and five,me your thoughts kel
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 24 2015 23:09 GMT
#449
I'm not making unflipped associations, I'm judging my read on a player against how other people are reading them and what I think of the player doing the reading.
Writer@WriterYamato
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 24 2015 23:09 GMT
#450
Damdred, why do you like Yamato?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 24 2015 23:11 GMT
#451
On February 25 2015 08:09 yamato77 wrote:
I'm not making unflipped associations, I'm judging my read on a player against how other people are reading them and what I think of the player doing the reading.

You're lessening a scumread on someone because someone you don't scumread but see as a "question mark" also scumreads him. I'd expect that from Vivax, but not you.
Tronak
Profile Joined February 2015
Spain217 Posts
February 24 2015 23:15 GMT
#452
Kelsier I dont feel bad for you pointing up at me.

I cant follow your line of game yet, thank you though that at least now you giving some 4 lines posts to explain your thinking, much better than those rushy posts (was getting lost in there)
LeaVe & LeT DiE
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 24 2015 23:15 GMT
#453
On February 25 2015 08:11 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 08:09 yamato77 wrote:
I'm not making unflipped associations, I'm judging my read on a player against how other people are reading them and what I think of the player doing the reading.

You're lessening a scumread on someone because someone you don't scumread but see as a "question mark" also scumreads him. I'd expect that from Vivax, but not you.

sick vivax burn

My read isn't weaker, it's simply that I'm unsure about committing to the lynch. The two are different.
Writer@WriterYamato
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 24 2015 23:15 GMT
#454
On February 25 2015 08:07 Damdred wrote:
Though Eden bothers me a ton, really aloof of the thread only taking shots from the sideline lacks follow up on earlier things

Suddenly I want to lynch Eden.,,

what are you talking about
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 24 2015 23:16 GMT
#455
@Artanis - What about my list gave you any impression at all that I was dead certain about anyone? You demanded reads, so I gave you what I was currently leaning toward at the time. I did not have the time to write an essay about each person and honestly I don't really trust any of my reads yet until I get accustomed to the pace at which you all play on this site. Also, I am not "paranoid", I just honestly don't have any concrete reads yet and any reads I would give would be 75% guess work right now. If that makes me mafia, then your loss.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 24 2015 23:16 GMT
#456
tormented, how about you post some updated reads?
Writer@WriterYamato
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 24 2015 23:17 GMT
#457
On February 25 2015 08:01 KelsierSC wrote:
I think i've gone down totally the wrong path because I just have the two new players as mafia right now.

I'm going to reread this shit.

what happened to having like 4-5 scumreads
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 24 2015 23:19 GMT
#458
On February 25 2015 08:16 yamato77 wrote:
tormented, how about you post some updated reads?


Anything I would say would be guess work at best at the moment honestly. Take that for what you will.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 24 2015 23:19 GMT
#459
On February 25 2015 08:19 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 08:16 yamato77 wrote:
tormented, how about you post some updated reads?


Anything I would say would be guess work at best at the moment honestly. Take that for what you will.

the entire game is guesswork
Writer@WriterYamato
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 24 2015 23:19 GMT
#460
On February 24 2015 11:42 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 11:13 _Tormented_ wrote:
lol fine, here ya go before I have to leave work. Take it for what you will.

Player List
1) Probulous (filter) - town
2) Artanis[Xp] (filter) - town or overly aggressive mafia
3) Half the Sky (filter) - town
4) sicklucker (filter) - town
5) Tronak (filter) - no clue
6) Yamato77 (filter) - mafia
7) _Tormented_ (filter) - town
8) Node (filter) - no clue
9) The Shining (filter) - no clue
10) Eden1892 (filter) - either mafia or he is just being obtuse for no reason
11) WaveofShadow (filter) - no clue
12) Damdred (filter) - town
13) snarfs (filter) - no clue

i need explanations for like half of these

also lol @ a read on sicklucker

1) did this explanation ever come? i didn't see it
2) what yamato said, on top of explaining the old reads please update and explain the updates. tia
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko41
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3704
Calm 1770
Hyuk 1204
Bisu 842
Soma 344
Rush 288
BeSt 219
Horang2 204
Stork 150
Mong 135
[ Show more ]
Sexy 135
Britney 114
Jaedong 101
ToSsGirL 82
Mind 64
ZerO 50
Killer 45
Shinee 29
Pusan 26
Barracks 24
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 18
NaDa 17
sorry 15
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4437
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
byalli652
shoxiejesuss509
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1155
ceh9694
dupreeh275
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 58m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.