• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:04
CEST 23:04
KST 06:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9896 users

Student Mafia V - Page 112

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 128 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 09:35 GMT
#2221
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
Well, all I know is, the ones who don't seem to care right now are Shining and Damdred.

And you, DP, if you're town...you're right, stylistically I am not a fan of your play. I'm also not a fan of being yelled at constantly by you xP Bastard. This is a student game, after all. My brother was happy to be killed cause y'all aren't very newbie friendly. Just sayin.


Ask geript. I am massively toned down compared to usual.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 09:36 GMT
#2222
On January 27 2015 18:25 geript wrote:
[image loading]


I love that it's Literally a case. :D
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 09:36 GMT
#2223
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:32 DarthPunk wrote:
After we lynch breshke I will take a hard look at shining and Rso.

Shining getting modkilled would actually be really really good for us.


Unless he's town? Then that would be...like...bad? xP


No because then we can't mislynch him and then I would insta lynch you.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 27 2015 09:38 GMT
#2224
Well, I'm gonna actually sleep now, Mr. Arrogant. I do hope you're right since geript is in your pocket. Much as I'd like you to be wrong just to say I toooooold you so.

Lol I'm actually fine with you, tbh, even if I don't approve of your play. Maybe if I play with you more I'll see were the arrogance comes from and it might actually be justified. Gnite.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 09:38 GMT
#2225
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
Well, all I know is, the ones who don't seem to care right now are Shining and Damdred.

And you, DP, if you're town...you're right, stylistically I am not a fan of your play. I'm also not a fan of being yelled at constantly by you xP Bastard. This is a student game, after all. My brother was happy to be killed cause y'all aren't very newbie friendly. Just sayin.


Also this is what mafia is like in the grown up world of real games. It is a confrontational game and many of the vets have ego's to some extent.

At least you know what your in for now.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 27 2015 09:39 GMT
#2226
On January 27 2015 18:36 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
On January 27 2015 18:32 DarthPunk wrote:
After we lynch breshke I will take a hard look at shining and Rso.

Shining getting modkilled would actually be really really good for us.


Unless he's town? Then that would be...like...bad? xP


No because then we can't mislynch him and then I would insta lynch you.


-_- You do realize if he gets modkilled as town the game is over, right? Or if you lynch me at all. -beats with a wet noodle-
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 09:41 GMT
#2227
On January 27 2015 18:39 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:36 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
On January 27 2015 18:32 DarthPunk wrote:
After we lynch breshke I will take a hard look at shining and Rso.

Shining getting modkilled would actually be really really good for us.


Unless he's town? Then that would be...like...bad? xP


No because then we can't mislynch him and then I would insta lynch you.


-_- You do realize if he gets modkilled as town the game is over, right? Or if you lynch me at all. -beats with a wet noodle-


No?

2-4

Lynch scum

1-3

Modkill Shining

1-2 and LYLO or WIN
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 27 2015 09:42 GMT
#2228
Vote Count

Breshke (3): Damdred, DarthPunk, geript
No-Lynch (2): Breshke, rsoultin

Not Voting (1): The Shining

Currently, Breshke is set to be lynched. Day 4 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

Reminder to make sure to unvote before voting, if you have already voted someone.

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 27 2015 09:43 GMT
#2229
Ah, you're still saying bresh is scum.

And I'm still thinking he's not.

Fair enough.

(You'd still lose though. Joke's on you.)
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 09:50 GMT
#2230
On January 27 2015 18:35 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
Well, all I know is, the ones who don't seem to care right now are Shining and Damdred.

And you, DP, if you're town...you're right, stylistically I am not a fan of your play. I'm also not a fan of being yelled at constantly by you xP Bastard. This is a student game, after all. My brother was happy to be killed cause y'all aren't very newbie friendly. Just sayin.


Ask geript. I am massively toned down compared to usual.

Yah, like The Game. Like DP used to be way worse than this. I think getting laid has mellowed him out; maybe it's just the hookers. IDK, but he was town that game and his mafia was way worse than that. Like the best way to read him used to be just push him and someone else into a shitfight with each other. As town, DP would get his head around it at some point. As mafia, he'd just go balls to the wall.

I miss a lot of the old school guys. Keirathi--That guy was just pure swag. Kitaman doesn't really play anymore and he's both good and fun as hell to play with. Old PLammer. Like new Plammer just isn't the same. I only got to play with Ace on his return after his greatness. That made me sad. Greymist is a bunch of fun to play with. Foolishness too. Like I didn't even get to play with many of them but they were hella fun to play with and they were good. Promethelax--Like this guy had to tell people how they could actually read me; it's not really applicable anymore but people used to always get me totally wrong and fear lynch me because I approach the game so oddly. Like, the newbie coaches really don't do justice anymore imo in comparison to some of these guys who used to be able to help train people. Like it's really hard for me to coach town because I have so many specific reads that are really really hard to explain without pointing to a load of games and examples.

Like I just got out of a video mafia game where I had a swag town read on Banks. Banks literally is the Ace of video mafia; he's balla as mafia and insanely good as town. He forgets nothing. I was able to read him as town because of how he approached a read on another player based on their bad read. Then we lynched that person because she loved my swag read but wouldn't reconsider Banks as town because of it (she was mafia).

Plus you've asked about my slam read. Like I've never read Slam wrong. He just approaches the game so differently from other people and you have to engage into his subgame to understand why he's playing.

The big thing that fails to get taught in the newbies, in my experience, and something that I'm awful at explaining is mafia motivation. Like take the WW post I talked about a bit ago. It's totally town. There's no mafia motivation there whatsoever. Those posts are really hard to fake as mafia because of how invested you have to be as playing mafia while still creating natural progressions. It's one of the major reasons why I don't really scumhunt. It's so much easier to find people who you find to be town and just lynch all the other fuckers. Plus, you can get reads on pressured people like LM/GB when they get to that point and you can make big switches. My D1 switch was bad obviously, but switching there was the right play.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 09:51 GMT
#2231
On January 27 2015 18:39 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:36 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 27 2015 18:34 rsoultin wrote:
On January 27 2015 18:32 DarthPunk wrote:
After we lynch breshke I will take a hard look at shining and Rso.

Shining getting modkilled would actually be really really good for us.


Unless he's town? Then that would be...like...bad? xP


No because then we can't mislynch him and then I would insta lynch you.


-_- You do realize if he gets modkilled as town the game is over, right? Or if you lynch me at all. -beats with a wet noodle-

Don't you realize that if Breshke is town it doesn't matter if Shining is town. If Shining's mafia, then it's a different story. But if Breshke is town and Shining is town, Shining being modkilled literally has no effect on the game.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 27 2015 09:54 GMT
#2232
I actually don't know when people get modkilled lol. They've always been replaced in the games except for Cool.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 09:58 GMT
#2233
Like one thing I don't really get is why you're voting no lynch. Like if you're town and you think Shining is town (and about to be modkilled), voting no lynch only loses a winnable game. Like it's lylo. You're talking. DP's talking. Damdred's talking... kinda. Breshke's said a bit of stuff. Shining very little. Like IF Damdy/DP is a team, yah I had bad reads on them, but the approach taken at MYLO is super odd for both you and Breshke. No lynch means a town modkill is gg. No lynch gives you less room to win the game. No lynch literally only removes my ability to talk. Like I've talked today to death.

Also DP if you are mafia, one thing I would say is chill on the "stay the course" talk you gave me at the start of the day. It really caught me off guard. But idk how you would approach me there as town.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 27 2015 10:04 GMT
#2234
RSo i was thinking it was damdred and shining so that would mean DP would be the town of the three.

DP keeps calling me mafia for bad reasons that are especially bad since im town and i havn't really seen him consider otherwise. So that makes me think it is probably DP/damdred or maybe DP/shining. I wish shining was around at EoD because i probably would have been dead and LM could have probably convinced people today.

##Unvote
##Vote: DP
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 10:06 GMT
#2235
On January 27 2015 18:54 rsoultin wrote:
I actually don't know when people get modkilled lol. They've always been replaced in the games except for Cool.

Most hosts and the hosts I respect generally don't replace after the start of N2 and definitely not after the start of D3. Like it's too unfair to the state of the game and too unfair to the player coming in. There's a bit of an exception for newbie games because they're supposed to be more of a learning tool than anything else. Winning/Losing is far less of an issue. I really doubt BH would replace someone in now.

As a general rule what I use when I host is:
1. No replacements for souring a game. 99% of time it mod confirms town by someone being a complete jackass to other people.
2. No replacements after the start of N2. Very rarely can people catch up reasonably.
3. No replacements after 100+ pages. This is usually more applicable to large games. Often it's too unfair for the person replacing in to be able to catch up and it's quite hard for them to stave off the lynch.

My hardest experience in replacing in was in Greymist's Catastrophe game. I literally replaced in like 200 pages in. I actually ended up getting fully caught up, but both catching up and avoiding getting lynched there was practically impossible. It's really funny because the first thing I did while catching up was just read filters. I started at/around Keirathi's only to find out like he died N1. It was a terrible travesty. I was devastated.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 10:08 GMT
#2236
im not scum jesus stop hedging geript.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 10:11 GMT
#2237
On January 27 2015 19:04 Breshke wrote:
RSo i was thinking it was damdred and shining so that would mean DP would be the town of the three.

DP keeps calling me mafia for bad reasons that are especially bad since im town and i havn't really seen him consider otherwise. So that makes me think it is probably DP/damdred or maybe DP/shining. I wish shining was around at EoD because i probably would have been dead and LM could have probably convinced people today.

##Unvote
##Vote: DP


LOL.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 27 2015 10:19 GMT
#2238
On January 27 2015 19:11 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 19:04 Breshke wrote:
RSo i was thinking it was damdred and shining so that would mean DP would be the town of the three.

DP keeps calling me mafia for bad reasons that are especially bad since im town and i havn't really seen him consider otherwise. So that makes me think it is probably DP/damdred or maybe DP/shining. I wish shining was around at EoD because i probably would have been dead and LM could have probably convinced people today.

##Unvote
##Vote: DP


LOL.


Take it as a compliment. i dont think you would be this wronf as town
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 10:19 GMT
#2239
On January 27 2015 19:19 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 19:11 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 27 2015 19:04 Breshke wrote:
RSo i was thinking it was damdred and shining so that would mean DP would be the town of the three.

DP keeps calling me mafia for bad reasons that are especially bad since im town and i havn't really seen him consider otherwise. So that makes me think it is probably DP/damdred or maybe DP/shining. I wish shining was around at EoD because i probably would have been dead and LM could have probably convinced people today.

##Unvote
##Vote: DP


LOL.


Take it as a compliment. i dont think you would be this wronf as town


I'm not wrong :D
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 27 2015 10:21 GMT
#2240
On January 27 2015 19:06 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 18:54 rsoultin wrote:
I actually don't know when people get modkilled lol. They've always been replaced in the games except for Cool.

Most hosts and the hosts I respect generally don't replace after the start of N2 and definitely not after the start of D3. Like it's too unfair to the state of the game and too unfair to the player coming in. There's a bit of an exception for newbie games because they're supposed to be more of a learning tool than anything else. Winning/Losing is far less of an issue. I really doubt BH would replace someone in now.

As a general rule what I use when I host is:
1. No replacements for souring a game. 99% of time it mod confirms town by someone being a complete jackass to other people.
2. No replacements after the start of N2. Very rarely can people catch up reasonably.
3. No replacements after 100+ pages. This is usually more applicable to large games. Often it's too unfair for the person replacing in to be able to catch up and it's quite hard for them to stave off the lynch.

My hardest experience in replacing in was in Greymist's Catastrophe game. I literally replaced in like 200 pages in. I actually ended up getting fully caught up, but both catching up and avoiding getting lynched there was practically impossible. It's really funny because the first thing I did while catching up was just read filters. I started at/around Keirathi's only to find out like he died N1. It was a terrible travesty. I was devastated.


If you're me you replace in a 300 page game, blatantly state your not gonna read the thread and then get shot by scum cause you caught mafia!marv.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 545
ProTech159
Nina 102
RuFF_SC2 100
Liquid`TLO 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19676
Calm 2418
Mini 157
firebathero 91
Dewaltoss 66
soO 45
Bale 32
PianO 13
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7859
monkeys_forever164
canceldota31
League of Legends
Doublelift3335
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu916
Other Games
summit1g4750
FrodaN1283
shahzam557
Beastyqt511
mouzStarbuck295
B2W.Neo294
ToD208
C9.Mang0135
RotterdaM85
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1064
• Shiphtur578
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 11m
Replay Cast
1h 56m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.