• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:18
CEST 02:18
KST 09:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

TL Mafia Anime Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 16 2014 06:17 GMT
#61
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
October 16 2014 06:41 GMT
#62
On October 04 2014 03:43 Xatalos wrote:
Pure epicness



I hoped that Aldnoah.Zero could reach the levels of Code Geass, but it didn't quite do it, although there were similarities :/

Tall and thin taken to greater extremes than my 6'4 138lbs self!
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 16 2014 06:45 GMT
#63
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 16 2014 06:48 GMT
#64
On October 16 2014 15:45 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore


Fair enough.

It was REALLY slow at the start.

Monogatari series though dude. Super good.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 16 2014 06:50 GMT
#65
On October 16 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 15:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore


Fair enough.

It was REALLY slow at the start.

Monogatari series though dude. Super good.


I actually didn't mind the part where he like dicks around and wanders over to some other city, or even the part where he forms a government (that part is farly cool), but about the time we started following like secondary characters' friends and shit, I really got bored.

I'll check out Monogatari sometime.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 16 2014 07:09 GMT
#66
Tell me what you think once you've watched it.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-16 08:57:21
October 16 2014 08:51 GMT
#67
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
I don't believe you.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 16 2014 14:14 GMT
#68
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
October 16 2014 16:33 GMT
#69
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


I don't know what genre you like but you can probably find something watch-worthy in my list, most ones have notes next to them saying what they're like..

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/abuselv
I don't believe you.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 16 2014 16:34 GMT
#70
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


air gear!
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 16 2014 17:03 GMT
#71
On October 17 2014 01:34 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


air gear!

seen it
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 16 2014 17:05 GMT
#72
On October 17 2014 01:33 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


I don't know what genre you like but you can probably find something watch-worthy in my list, most ones have notes next to them saying what they're like..

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/abuselv

ill probably check out Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 i heard good things will report back.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 16 2014 18:04 GMT
#73
On October 17 2014 02:03 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 01:34 Holyflare wrote:
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


air gear!

seen it

start watching hunter x hunter then
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
October 16 2014 18:54 GMT
#74
On October 17 2014 02:05 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 01:33 abuse wrote:
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


I don't know what genre you like but you can probably find something watch-worthy in my list, most ones have notes next to them saying what they're like..

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/abuselv

ill probably check out Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 i heard good things will report back.


ya its good. i recommend!
I don't believe you.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 17 2014 10:56 GMT
#75
i will say, parasyte has a pretty good soundtrack. I don't think I'd ever have a chance to say this sentence but, that anime really makes good use of dubstep
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 17 2014 14:06 GMT
#76
On October 16 2014 15:50 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore


Fair enough.

It was REALLY slow at the start.

Monogatari series though dude. Super good.


I actually didn't mind the part where he like dicks around and wanders over to some other city, or even the part where he forms a government (that part is farly cool), but about the time we started following like secondary characters' friends and shit, I really got bored.

I'll check out Monogatari sometime.


The monogatari series is excellent - one of my favorite shows of the last few years.

On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


What type of show are you looking for? Legend of the Galactic Heroes is always my recommendation to people who haven't seen it. Old show, but a masterpiece.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 17 2014 15:05 GMT
#77
On October 17 2014 23:06 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 15:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore


Fair enough.

It was REALLY slow at the start.

Monogatari series though dude. Super good.


I actually didn't mind the part where he like dicks around and wanders over to some other city, or even the part where he forms a government (that part is farly cool), but about the time we started following like secondary characters' friends and shit, I really got bored.

I'll check out Monogatari sometime.


The monogatari series is excellent - one of my favorite shows of the last few years.

Show nested quote +
On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


What type of show are you looking for? Legend of the Galactic Heroes is always my recommendation to people who haven't seen it. Old show, but a masterpiece.

I think i saw the first few episodes of that couldn't really get into it. I found a couple things to watch though thanks.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 17 2014 15:07 GMT
#78
On October 16 2014 15:41 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 03:43 Xatalos wrote:
Pure epicness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgWI4EQ78ik

I hoped that Aldnoah.Zero could reach the levels of Code Geass, but it didn't quite do it, although there were similarities :/

Tall and thin taken to greater extremes than my 6'4 138lbs self!

xxxHOLiC probably takes the cake for tall and thin art style.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 17 2014 21:24 GMT
#79
On October 18 2014 00:05 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 23:06 Hapahauli wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:50 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:45 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 16 2014 15:17 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


Watch log horizon. It starts of slow but get's really good.

If you are looking for something to watch right now. The monogatari series was fucking amazing if you can get used to the kinda weird art style ( art is good just different)


I watched 22 episodes of log horizon, and it's still super slow. It's not awful, it just has such serious pacing issues that i see watching it as kinda a chore


Fair enough.

It was REALLY slow at the start.

Monogatari series though dude. Super good.


I actually didn't mind the part where he like dicks around and wanders over to some other city, or even the part where he forms a government (that part is farly cool), but about the time we started following like secondary characters' friends and shit, I really got bored.

I'll check out Monogatari sometime.


The monogatari series is excellent - one of my favorite shows of the last few years.

On October 16 2014 23:14 iamperfection wrote:
On October 16 2014 17:51 abuse wrote:
On September 24 2014 08:24 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 03:41 HaruRH wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:56 iamperfection wrote:
On September 24 2014 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
sword art took the route of awesome anime and turned it into shitty lovey dovey lets not fight cz we so in love route and sword art 2 took the route of babysitting

waste of potential, ended up like eureka 7 which started awesome and took the same unfortunate turn

pretty much this but eureka 7 was much better imo

also here
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamperfection


My list here:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HaruHaruRH

you gave Elfen Lied an 8 i now think less of you as a person.


I'd say your ratings are pretty damn accurate, except for giving elfen lied a 2.
7-8 is indeed where it's at.
Also ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nb68hV9sU

I felt like the ending was god awful and the cousin lovin storyline was unnecessary and simply put in to provide more "shock" value. I actually thought they had a very good first episode because it held my interest and made me watch it but if felt like a missed opportunity as whole for the series.

I need something new to watch currently though any suggestions.


What type of show are you looking for? Legend of the Galactic Heroes is always my recommendation to people who haven't seen it. Old show, but a masterpiece.

I think i saw the first few episodes of that couldn't really get into it. I found a couple things to watch though thanks.


You really need to watch the first 10 or so to get hooked.

Then it's a dependency.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-18 10:19:33
October 17 2014 22:04 GMT
#80
On October 16 2014 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
Taking a look at the lineup this season, Parasyte -the maxim- looks excellent just based off of episode one. Solid animation, good soundtrack, plot and characters look solid so far. I have high hopes. It looks like they may have remastered FSN which would also be excellent. Log Horizon started to drag for me so I never finished the first season, and I never really liked SAO. Anyone have any recommendations?


KyoAni found a way to not suck this season and Amagai Brilliant park is pretty amazing. It has 50 cent (isuzu sento), Kanie West (kanie seiya) and fucking Lina + Show Spoiler [picture] +
[image loading]

Also bikinis in episode 3 instead of the usual midseason around ~8

On October 17 2014 06:46 Toadesstern wrote:
WOWOW, Emnjay you're going to like next amaburi episode seeing the pics from raws in irc.

Don't drop that show. Need to watch that once it's out!

NSFW:
+ Show Spoiler +

http://i.imgur.com/9bF1YI3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9KBZYls.jpg

but it's actually pretty legit even without boobs. There's no way to not like lina: + Show Spoiler [picture, should be SFW] +
[image loading]

Edit: apparently I forgot it also has Ice Cube in it + Show Spoiler [irc] +
[12:15:42] <Elemobear> wtf toad
[12:15:43] <Elemobear> where is
[12:15:47] <Toad|> ?
[12:15:49] <Elemobear> the ice cube option in your cancer poll
[12:15:55] <Toad|> who's ice cube
[12:16:01] <Toad|> the loli?
[12:16:03] <sterlymobile> the aunt
[12:16:13] <Toad|> why's the ice cube
[12:16:35] <sterlymobile> her name is aisu kyuubu or something
[12:16:37] <nagisama> lol http://myanimelist.net/character/114983/Aisu_Kyuubu



About Monogatri because you mentioned it later on... that's a really tough one. It's certainly one of my favorites but it's a show that puts heavy focus on dialogues and wordplays. Those things are really hard to translate and just 2 days ago we had a discussion about how Crunchyroll, Funimation and Horriblesubs completly mistranslated a certain scene.
People who already watched it and want to know which scene and what it really was about: click me!
If you know japanese you're going to love the show. If you don't... it's going to be really hit or miss and either the most boring thing you'll ever see or you'll love it. It's pretty much a really artsy slideshow from shaft + dialogues nonstop. But well... it's the best selling show ever post-2000 so go figure.

As for other stuff this season

I seem to be the only one that likes Denki-Gai no Honya-san in ADT but for some reason that show makes me grin all the time. It's nowhere near as good as Nozaki-kun from last season, not even close, but yeah it makes me smile like an idiot.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 2 is probably a must watch if you watched the first season.

Gundam Build Fighters Try if you're into gundam

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis is apparently really good

Check out Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu. if you like trashy stuff. Read the description and it's like the most NOPE you'll ever see but it's so incredibly extreme that it's actually funny because of that.

If I may add a random recommendation from a couple seasons ago, watch Hataraku Maou-sama! if you haven't already:
[image loading]

Synopsis
Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses—and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation—he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses!

ridiculously good comedy. The first episode is really slow but it picks up episode 2 and stays really good until the very end.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4698
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3137
JimRising 571
KnowMe194
ArmadaUGS103
ViBE95
Mew2King66
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter145
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 42m
INu's Battles
11h 42m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 42m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 42m
Replay Cast
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.