• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8536 users

TL Mafia Anime Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 19 2014 01:44 GMT
#81
Sword art wasn't shit this week!
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
October 19 2014 04:40 GMT
#82
Yeah but you were.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
October 20 2014 01:29 GMT
#83
(This silence is making me very uncomfortable. I think he's mad. :x )
Retired.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
October 20 2014 01:48 GMT
#84
[image loading]
I assURE you he's fine.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 20 2014 02:47 GMT
#85
On October 19 2014 13:40 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Yeah but you were.


Totally won games
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
October 20 2014 04:45 GMT
#86
Pfft. Details.
Retired.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
October 20 2014 07:04 GMT
#87
Can't get over how perfect that gif is

Imagine her saying it

She lip-syncs perfectly
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-24 11:56:59
October 24 2014 11:53 GMT
#88
[image loading]

[13:11:09] <Toad|> LOL
[13:11:21] <Toad|> they translated akuma as "it would be like giving hitler a deathray"
[13:11:32] <Toad|> god damn it I love commie


wow. Those translations :D

the show is truely amazing
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 08:40 GMT
#89
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.
I had a good night of sleep.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
October 27 2014 09:01 GMT
#90
So

Who is what is why and how?

WHERE ARE YOU YOU JAPAN EUROPEAN BLUE HAIR

oh wait

HIIIIJOLE
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 27 2014 09:19 GMT
#91
On October 27 2014 17:40 Koshi wrote:
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.


5 sounds like accel world.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 10:52 GMT
#92
Yes. It was accel world. Pretty awesome start. The potential of that series got fucked over so hard. So fucking hard.
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 27 2014 12:37 GMT
#93
On October 27 2014 17:40 Koshi wrote:
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.

http://i.imgur.com/MdXVfXR.jpg?1

There's plenty of good stuff out there, just depends on what you're into. I'd just check out some of the stuff on the far left that's titled as "Mainstream". You probably have to zoom in to actually read it. Keep in mind that the stuff in that column can have stuff that is just popular without actually being good enough to be on any kind of chart (examples would be SAO, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail and Death Note imo) but all the titles in that column happen to be very famous series' and most of them make for really good gateway/beginner stuff.

Everything starting from the 2nd column and later on is sorted by genre and usually very good for it's genre (there are a couple exceptions...). However, if you're picking some SoL stuff, that doesn't mean that you'll enjoy it if all you want to see is robots fighting each other. On the other hand if you've picked texhnolyze as your series to watch and all you want to see is moeblobs drinking tea and eating cake while skipping their bandpractice you might also not have that good a time.

Pretty difficult to make a more pinpoint suggestion from what you've seen so far, so yeah I'd say just check out a couple things that are known to be good/decent within their genre at random to see what you're into or just go with Mainstream stuff. Can't really make something wrong with the latter approach but you have a decent chance to end up with mediocre (that means mediocre, not bad) stuff that is overhyped.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
October 27 2014 14:00 GMT
#94
On October 27 2014 17:40 Koshi wrote:
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.

based on your list i would say check this one out.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2025/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 16:47 GMT
#95
On October 27 2014 21:37 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 17:40 Koshi wrote:
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.

http://i.imgur.com/MdXVfXR.jpg?1

There's plenty of good stuff out there, just depends on what you're into. I'd just check out some of the stuff on the far left that's titled as "Mainstream". You probably have to zoom in to actually read it. Keep in mind that the stuff in that column can have stuff that is just popular without actually being good enough to be on any kind of chart (examples would be SAO, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail and Death Note imo) but all the titles in that column happen to be very famous series' and most of them make for really good gateway/beginner stuff.

Everything starting from the 2nd column and later on is sorted by genre and usually very good for it's genre (there are a couple exceptions...). However, if you're picking some SoL stuff, that doesn't mean that you'll enjoy it if all you want to see is robots fighting each other. On the other hand if you've picked texhnolyze as your series to watch and all you want to see is moeblobs drinking tea and eating cake while skipping their bandpractice you might also not have that good a time.

Pretty difficult to make a more pinpoint suggestion from what you've seen so far, so yeah I'd say just check out a couple things that are known to be good/decent within their genre at random to see what you're into or just go with Mainstream stuff. Can't really make something wrong with the latter approach but you have a decent chance to end up with mediocre (that means mediocre, not bad) stuff that is overhyped.

When I say "isn't much good stuff out there" I meant that the anime stuff is worse than other not-anime series I could pick up. I am not a fan of drawn stuff, I am a fan of well made stuff. Like Death Note, which has a genius concept and superb characters and an incredible ending. The entire story has it flaws but is on the level of the best seasons of Dexter/Breaking Bad/Prison Break/Heroes etc.

I watch a decent amount of series, I think I "follow" around 15 ongoing series or something. Maybe less, maybe more, I could count that. And I "finished" a shitton more.

I also tried other anime series and saw the list you gave me pass on boards. Tried stuff. Didn't like it. I only listed the series I was able to go +10 episodes on and mostly finish it if it didn't go on endlessly.

I downloaded 1 more anime a while back and I was going to watch it but due to all the previous disappointments I just prefer to start watching a high rated series (from imdb) like "Tyrant" instead of an anime.

Also the video quality from these anime torrents are so terrible. 480p is painful.

I was also planning on watching the swords online thingie at work soonish. Not playing mafia freed up some time.


On October 27 2014 23:00 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 17:40 Koshi wrote:
1) Death Note
2) Code Geass
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Hellsing
5) Can somebody help me on this one? I forgot the name but it had to do with logging into a virtual world and fight in/become a machine and then try to rank up. But the story got fucking terrible after 10 episodes. I watched it till the bitter end though.

Other drawn stuff:
Pokemon
Dragon Ball Z
Captain Bebop
Avatar
My Little Pony (hahahaha)


Always looking for good stuff but there isn't much good stuff out there. The thing BH posted looked somewhat ok-ish. I might check it out.

based on your list i would say check this one out.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2025/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha

8.1 on imdb. Will download it tonight and give it a go soonish.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 16:53:52
October 27 2014 16:52 GMT
#96
You would think that these anime writers would be able to create a better story / characters than the writers from "real people" series. They have the advantage to create their fantasy world bound by 0 rules.

Yet they fail at it. Probably has to do with the budget.


I don't understand why Blizzard hasn't made a 3 hour movie about WoW/Diablo/SCII for example. With the same quality as their promo movies. That shit is so fucking insane. Like the promo movie for the new WoW. I am almost in tears when I see my good orc buddy whos name I can't type be a total boss. Takes me back to the good old wc3 days.

I think it is Hellscream. dnu. Could look it up. cba.
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 17:47:48
October 27 2014 17:31 GMT
#97
Ah, I just assumed that that's all you watched and that slight affinity for action might as well just be a coincidence because you watched that stuff because it's famous.

Video quality depends on when the thing aired. The image might be something that looks like something else you already saw but it's something from TL so I highly doubt you ACTUALLY saw it somewhere else. We also updated it just recently and keep it up to date, so it's not just the usual list of really old stuff, but instead has its fair share of newer stuff in there.
I've got my Bakemonogatari (imdb 8.1) and Madoka (imdb 8.4) both in 1080p, both series I absolutely loved (I'm a sucker for Shaft) and both series that are absolutely not what someone who's new to anime should watch and thus might explain the low imdb rating Most other other stuff I've got is 720p.
So yeah, if you're going to pick up stuff like Monster, that's going to be in 480p but there's PLENTY of newer stuff on there.
Case in point: The two things I just mentioned, Bakemongatari (2009) and Madoka (2011) are both on there, as well as Darker than Black, the series iamperfection suggested.

The thing is mostly that a lot of stuff does not origin from professional writers. Let's take Sword art Online for an example. It's not bad but it's nothing but average. A show about a bunch of guys being trapped in a video game trying to get out of said video game. Sounds really awesome as an idea and I liked the premise A LOT as I am quite the nerd myself.
However, after 2 or 3 episodes that started out really amazing you'll realize that it's nothing but a pseudoharem with a guy dressed in black who behaves like an emo all the time and picks up girls on the way like they're pokemon. That in itself isn't even an issue as long as you don't mind harem shows. The fact that the guy is basicly a cyber-Jesus who's able to 1v1 a 'frickin raidboss from an MMO and explanation for it being "guy is imba" and that's all there is to it in both explanation and character development.
Even with that being said, the first arc was genuinly interesting because of the nice setting. The second arc however was just pure bullshit.
Long story short: There's a lot of shows that boil down to nothing but wish-fulfillment. A boy who's frickin imba, rescues a bunch of girls and has steamy hot sex with all of them. That's easier to do than to actually do something properly. Those shows aren't anime original that get screwed over by budget or adaptation. That exists as well (attack on titan would be an example for the first, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? from last season would be an example for an absolute trainwreck of an adaptation) but usually it's just that a wish-fulfillment source, be it manga or novels, is usually selling decent enough to make money out of that, both in bookform and (sometimes) in animeform.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 18:14 GMT
#98
Well people from TL used it on 4chan then

It circulates there every time somebody makes a "what anime should I watch thread". Which is often.

Implicating I am lieing.

tsss.

You mafia toad?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 18:16 GMT
#99
Also, things become famous because they are good or the best (for the masses).

Not always.

But most of the time that is a good indicator.

I am a mass kinda person.

I like pop music.

Like Britney Spears and Christina Aquilera.

#TrueStory
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 18:18 GMT
#100
I like how you describe the Swords online thingie.

Shows you have passion and are an elitist.


Which is good.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft488
Nina 165
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13604
Hyuk 48
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4698
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3137
JimRising 571
KnowMe194
ArmadaUGS103
ViBE95
Mew2King66
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1267
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Letter145
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 41m
INu's Battles
11h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 41m
Replay Cast
22h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.