• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:26
CEST 06:26
KST 13:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7884 users

TL Mafia Anime Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 22:14:51
October 27 2014 22:10 GMT
#121
RIP Koshi. Died of laughter
I had a good night of sleep.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 27 2014 22:11 GMT
#122
On October 28 2014 07:08 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2014 06:45 Blazinghand wrote:
I don't really like visual novels. I know tons of people are fans, so I gave some a try, but I can't deal with the UI and the sound effects and the like. In theory, you'd think that any sort of multimedia version of a manga, even if it was perfectly linear, would be an objectively better experience. Add in things like music and animation, and hey, maybe it could be excellent! Somehow, though, it doesn't really seem good to me.

Let me guess, Fate/stay night ?

yeah, it was recommended to me. is there another one I should try?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
October 27 2014 22:16 GMT
#123
On October 28 2014 06:58 Blazinghand wrote:
Wow, that looks amazing. Did the dub team just make up the lines?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Stories_(anime)

According to this, pretty much.

The controversy stems from ADV's dubbed version, which largely re-writes the original script (while still leaving the basic plot structure and storyline intact) in favor of a comedic one written by ADV screenwriter Steven Foster, and lines that the voice actors ad-libbed.

...

In the dub, dialog changes from serious to tongue-in-cheek where characters often break the fourth wall, make pop culture references, engage in brief exposition, and use profanity. For example, in the first episode, when Hajime encounters Momoko for the first time, in the Japanese version, he says "She's beautiful"; however, in the ADV dub, he says "Giggity giggity!" (a reference to Glenn Quagmire from the animated sitcom Family Guy). The ADV dub also references various stores, television shows, and products - Wal-Mart, Charmin toilet paper, Lost, and E! True Hollywood Story.

In addition to dialog changes, other elements of the show were re-worked to facilitate the comedic script. The vocation of Momoko was changed from a psychic to that of a fanatical evangelical, Pentecostal Christian, Satsuki's mother is portrayed as a lesbian, and the Miyanoshita name changed to "Manshita" as a pun. Although, Leo's character is a researcher in the supernatural, in the dub he is also Jewish and has an inferiority complex and Satsuki's young brother Keiichirou is depicted as being mentally challenged. Several minor characters' backgrounds are expanded slightly (mostly for comedic purposes), as well.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-27 22:34:56
October 27 2014 22:26 GMT
#124
On October 28 2014 07:11 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2014 07:08 Toadesstern wrote:
On October 28 2014 06:45 Blazinghand wrote:
I don't really like visual novels. I know tons of people are fans, so I gave some a try, but I can't deal with the UI and the sound effects and the like. In theory, you'd think that any sort of multimedia version of a manga, even if it was perfectly linear, would be an objectively better experience. Add in things like music and animation, and hey, maybe it could be excellent! Somehow, though, it doesn't really seem good to me.

Let me guess, Fate/stay night ?

yeah, it was recommended to me. is there another one I should try?

nah Fate/stay night is actually one of the better ones and it's usually that VN -> Anime adaptions end in a total trainwreck of an anime. So it was pretty obvious which one you were talking about because there really aren't that many (popular) animes that could be considered when you say the VN was bad (as opposed to a possible manga)

Thing about VNs is that novels and Manga's are selling better if you reduce it to story.
So VNs are in 95% of the cases *whatever* plus random ero-scenes thrown inbetween that have nothing to do with the story just to sell it.
In 4% of the cases it's actual good stuff that has ero-scenes built into them that actually make sense with the story.
And maybe 1% of non ero-ones.

Okay, maybe a little exaggerated but the good ones are the middle 4%. If you're not into that you're better of with LNs ([light] novel) or Mangas.
LN's have the down-side of being 200-500 pages of
+ Show Spoiler [picture, SFW] +
[image loading]

per book. Don't mind the orange arrows, I used that pic for something else last week. So if you need them translated... you can find them on http://www.baka-tsuki.org/ but usually only the famous ones because... well 400 pages per vol or something like that.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 27 2014 22:54 GMT
#125

Now I feel bad for watching things with subtitles. This is insane.

hahahahahahhaahhahahaa
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 28 2014 21:47 GMT
#126


This shit is seriously Anime-of-the-season
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 28 2014 21:50 GMT
#127
Only 3 episodes out?
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-28 21:56:08
October 28 2014 21:51 GMT
#128
still best show already. I'm hopefull it doesn't pull a fake-boats ending with girls surfing on torpedos thousand of meters under the sea. Actually, that would probably fit the show and and they'd be able to make it funny instead of that melodramatic shit from fake-boats lol
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 28 2014 21:52 GMT
#129
well I'm just sitting over here watching yowamushi pedal
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
October 29 2014 07:28 GMT
#130
On October 27 2014 21:37 Toadesstern wrote:
On the other hand if you've picked texhnolyze as your series to watch and all you want to see is moeblobs drinking tea and eating cake while skipping their bandpractice you might also not have that good a time.


oh I see what you did there..

Has anyone here seen-or-read Tokyo Ghoul? How was it? Thinking of picking it up.

Also, as for the SAO shenanigans, I won't lie when I say that SAO was one-of-the-if-not-best novels I have ever read. That might not be saying much because I have not read many novels, but It was the FIRST novel to ever make me sit down and read thousands of pages in literally a week or two. The anime was a disasterous disappointment though. So huge that I am not even watching Gungale online, because I am just disgusted by the fact that both Airncrad and Alfhelm get half a season, while the trash that is Gungale gets a full season.

On October 28 2014 04:09 Toadesstern wrote:
The thing iamP linked just now ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/8525/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai ) is actually something I'm a big fan of as well. The MC is quite a boss and it's SFW. Also has Hayamin.
It's not that well thought of by other people though, especially third season was a trainwreck. Still highfive for iamP for realizing the good shit o/


QFT, loved the show, couldn't stand to watch the third season..
Elsie is love, Elsie is life.
I don't believe you.
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 08:16:14
October 29 2014 08:15 GMT
#131
On October 29 2014 16:28 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 21:37 Toadesstern wrote:
On the other hand if you've picked texhnolyze as your series to watch and all you want to see is moeblobs drinking tea and eating cake while skipping their bandpractice you might also not have that good a time.


oh I see what you did there..

Has anyone here seen-or-read Tokyo Ghoul? How was it? Thinking of picking it up.

I've read Tokyo Ghoul. It's pretty good. Unfortunately the translators who do a quality job are about 30 chapters away from finishing the series, but it's still worth reading (even if you have to settle for mediocre translations). And the sequel just started recently, so now's a good time to catch up.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 29 2014 09:52 GMT
#132
aawwwww I can't connect to the sword art oonline streaming servers for episode 3 at work. Now I need to go to a pirate site and watch it in English

In other news. I downloaded all the anime suggested here and decided to start with sao.
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 29 2014 09:58 GMT
#133
On October 29 2014 18:52 Koshi wrote:
aawwwww I can't connect to the sword art oonline streaming servers for episode 3 at work. Now I need to go to a pirate site and watch it in English

In other news. I downloaded all the anime suggested here and decided to start with sao.


there are plenty of places to download a subbed copy.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 29 2014 10:03 GMT
#134
On October 29 2014 18:58 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 18:52 Koshi wrote:
aawwwww I can't connect to the sword art oonline streaming servers for episode 3 at work. Now I need to go to a pirate site and watch it in English

In other news. I downloaded all the anime suggested here and decided to start with sao.


there are plenty of places to download a subbed copy.

Obviously. But I can't download stuff here.
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
October 29 2014 10:05 GMT
#135
On October 29 2014 19:03 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2014 18:58 DarthPunk wrote:
On October 29 2014 18:52 Koshi wrote:
aawwwww I can't connect to the sword art oonline streaming servers for episode 3 at work. Now I need to go to a pirate site and watch it in English

In other news. I downloaded all the anime suggested here and decided to start with sao.


there are plenty of places to download a subbed copy.

Obviously. But I can't download stuff here.


oh. yeah that makes sense then.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
October 29 2014 10:20 GMT
#136
Working for them nazi germans. :-°)
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 11:14:17
October 29 2014 11:10 GMT
#137
On October 29 2014 16:28 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2014 21:37 Toadesstern wrote:
On the other hand if you've picked texhnolyze as your series to watch and all you want to see is moeblobs drinking tea and eating cake while skipping their bandpractice you might also not have that good a time.


oh I see what you did there..

Has anyone here seen-or-read Tokyo Ghoul? How was it? Thinking of picking it up.

Also, as for the SAO shenanigans, I won't lie when I say that SAO was one-of-the-if-not-best novels I have ever read. That might not be saying much because I have not read many novels, but It was the FIRST novel to ever make me sit down and read thousands of pages in literally a week or two. The anime was a disasterous disappointment though. So huge that I am not even watching Gungale online, because I am just disgusted by the fact that both Airncrad and Alfhelm get half a season, while the trash that is Gungale gets a full season.

Show nested quote +
On October 28 2014 04:09 Toadesstern wrote:
The thing iamP linked just now ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/8525/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai ) is actually something I'm a big fan of as well. The MC is quite a boss and it's SFW. Also has Hayamin.
It's not that well thought of by other people though, especially third season was a trainwreck. Still highfive for iamP for realizing the good shit o/


QFT, loved the show, couldn't stand to watch the third season..
Elsie is love, Elsie is life.

K-ON:
wasn't even a bash. I really enjoyed the watch. It's just that you'll have a bad time if you go into it expecting anything meaningful. If you want to have senseless moe it's pretty damn good at that actually. Also HOLY CRAP that japanese-english in the Movie was the cutest thing ever. Even better because of the contrast of actual, british english from british VA for the british people like the taxi-driver and whatnot.

Tokyou Ghoul:
Haven't watched it myself, it's really not my kind of thing but I heard A LOT of good stuff about the source and everyone was hyping it like crazy. The anime on the other hand was very dissapointing to those people later on. So check out the source for sure if you think it fits your style. Give the animation a chance if you really like it but the original is going to be better.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai:
Haqua was obviously best.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 12:59:14
October 29 2014 12:59 GMT
#138
SAO spoiler
+ Show Spoiler +
So many cute people die :[
I had a good night of sleep.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 13:22:56
October 29 2014 13:15 GMT
#139
now if you're able to recognize the VA's voice of that character (assuming you're talking about + Show Spoiler +
Sacchi
) you'll be able to figure out who won't win in *insert every romcom ever produced that has hayamin as a VA*

She's always voicing the ones that suffer

Speaking of Hayamin, if you like SAO you could check out Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei as well. It's pretty much the same, equally famous series/Novel just even more extreme than SAO in the parts that I consider bad. For Mahouka it was actually funny because of that, at least for me. But that's a pretty trashy recommendation just for shitz and giggles. But so is SAO o/
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 23:04:32
October 29 2014 18:16 GMT
#140
On October 28 2014 07:54 Koshi wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59wze9M0UWc
Now I feel bad for watching things with subtitles. This is insane.

hahahahahahhaahhahahaa

Start: stoic

Stoic stoic stoic stoic

"Underpants"

Small grin, stoic

"EH? Yeah but take a look at him and tell me you haven't wanted to do the same thing..."

BAHAHAHAHAHAH

that was worth
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 606
Larva 405
Leta 68
NaDa 46
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm240
League of Legends
JimRising 779
Other Games
summit1g10159
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King104
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV258
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2100
League of Legends
• Rush1205
• Lourlo886
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 34m
INu's Battles
7h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
Replay Cast
18h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.