• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7585 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 17:40 GMT
#1055
Explain other than "not posting much" why you think Prome is mafia. Like I don't really see it and he felt really like town prome when he was posting.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 17:51 GMT
#1058
On September 25 2014 01:39 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 01:36 Grackaroni wrote:
Prom what's your thoughts for Damdred since you made your list.


Would take Dam as town. He was unhappy I hadn't noticed him which is good. Scum generally don't want people to pay attention to them and his post complaining that I hadn't noticed him is quite townie.

FWIW Prome, I've been thinking about this post on and off and I'm very twisted on it. I get the read 100%, but a lot of times as mafia when I've put in a bunch of work and think people would read me as super towny geript I get frustrated when people don't read me that way. I can see it working both ways. IDK, maybe I was wrong and it's DP/Vayne. Maybe I was right about Hapa. Maybe my townread on Grack was bad; but at least 2 of my town think Kush looks towny. Idk I feel really lost because I have a townread on someone in each group except for VE/CR.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 17:51 GMT
#1059
Grack, talk to me about where you're at right now.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 18:24 GMT
#1079
On September 26 2014 03:21 Damdred wrote:
@Prom,

Yamatos style of townplay has been pretty simple the past 6 games I think i've played with him. Its been mostly a running narrative with his thoughts thrown in. He seems generally invested in the thread at this point, and has some thoughts it seems behind what he is saying, even if they are simplistic and not expounded upon yet they are their. This has been a staple of yamatos town game for awhile now, and while it would be pretty easy to fake this as scum, yamato generally becomes really demotivated pretty fast and just lurks and taunts a bit. Neither of which he is doing here, so i'm town reading him for now if his play degrades then i'll start looking at him again it just looks like town yamato.

This is a pretty solid summary.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 18:26 GMT
#1082
@Prome Here is a link to his only game here; idk if (s)he's played elsewhere. At first glance it seems pretty standard new player flaws and was modkilled N2 (I'm assuming for inactivity but I'll doublecheck).
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 18:35 GMT
#1087
On August 27 2014 19:07 abuse wrote:
meatpudding
His reply to my initial first 4 questions satisfies me deeply (no perv intended)
He is giving an experienced player vibe, even though this is a newbie game.

He seems to be the only person to actually read my posts how I intended them to be read, and does good analysis of the situation.
Same as Barakos, even if he turns out to be scum in the end(which I also do not believe to be the case), I think having him along the way will still help town a lot.
His posts are logical and have meaning behind them. He does not try to ignore questions and try to negatively push any flaws he sees in others' posts. He asks about them instead of attacking.

Also - I do not see him to be the cop, I do see him as town though.

This is the only type of thing I really have to fault when comparing the two. He earlyish into D1 (started on p6 and he posted a series of these at p11) that he goes through a bit methodically about reading people. He hasn't really done this at all. He seems really detached in general in comparison.

There's a minor townie point for him and his gum comment on me as that type of attitude pervades his newbie filter, but the rest of what he posted seems pretty different actually.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 18:45 GMT
#1090
On September 25 2014 03:40 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 03:26 geript wrote:
. MM1 looks slightly better from what he's posted in QT but not enough that I'm sold he's town yet.



You either share your gum with the entire class, or don't chew it in front of everybody.

This post was the one that Hapa has quoted for why Abuse is town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 19:43 GMT
#1103
@Prome we have a little over 2 hours to get a lynch. Who do you want?
CR is the safe no one will really fight it lynch.
Abuse is an ok lurker lynch, Vayne is too maybe.
Kush I could lynch but I doubt the support's there. Damdred is maybe an ok lynch but I think it's too likely that I'm reading him wrong.
VE has sorta faded out. Kinda reminds me of when he was mafia in gmarsh's game. The tone thing and reversing Hapa's argument on himself feels a bit bad and there's Hapa's arguments too.
Hapa I think was too active to lynch today; I think in the long run lynching abuse makes more sense there. Plus he's been all over the place for me. I still don't see how he ever thought I was mafia and him returning to that read made me feel even more odd about him.
DP I think is town but I don't think he's been terribly useful. Kinda in the same boat as Yam.

I think Grack's town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:08 GMT
#1117
On September 26 2014 04:47 Damdred wrote:
Geript did you say something to MM in QT that isn't in thread that is making him reverse his stance on oats and myself?

I said the same thing I said in thread. Oats' return makes me feel far more comfortable with him as town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:09 GMT
#1118
On September 26 2014 04:48 Hapahauli wrote:
We're still lynching VE.
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 03:23 VisceraEyes wrote:
On September 26 2014 03:13 Promethelax wrote:
I find myself suspicious of my partner. Yamato hasn't done anything really in qt. I've been using it more than I thought I would since I wanted to make sure we read each other as town since, if we are both town, we are the strongest town-town pairing.

In qt and in thread Yam has posted little one liners and argued with DP. That is it.

He said he would talk to me about his reads since he thinks I am town but he simply hasn't. The last thing he said was that VA is someone he ignores.

I'm not terribly interested in lynching Yamato today but it is something I would like to hear opinions on. I see people giving him a town read but I don't see why.

I think I want to lynch my QT mate Chairman Ray. Like - I was giving him a pass because claim, but I've been like trying to exchange thoughts and ideas in our QT and there's just no reciprocation whatsoever. He's not playing the game in the QT, and he's not playing the game in the thread. He's not trying to with the game with town, frankly he's not trying to win the game as any alignment. I don't think he's playing like a third-party who turns into a town. So I want to lynch him because that's the role he's claimed.

Any questions?

##Vote: Chairman Ray


How can you make this post and have read the thread?

It's a complete cop-out vote. Put your vote on someone that provides no impact, that everyone abandoned for today, and provides literally no useful information towards finding mafia.

Regarding my meta case, DP did bring up a good point about him going after DP in "The Game." So that part of my meta case was wrong - didn't expect to have to go back 20 town games. Regardless, I do not believe town-VE is the type of player that's town-reading MM1 and Damdred so early into the game. That's very, very unlike any of his town games, including "the game."

We need to start consolidating. The people voting Damdred and Oats still have not made a case on them and are doing some weird process of elimination thing, which is not an adequate reason to lynch someone.


On September 26 2014 03:26 geript wrote:
@Prome Here is a link to his only game here; idk if (s)he's played elsewhere. At first glance it seems pretty standard new player flaws and was modkilled N2 (I'm assuming for inactivity but I'll doublecheck).

On September 26 2014 03:35 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 19:07 abuse wrote:
meatpudding
His reply to my initial first 4 questions satisfies me deeply (no perv intended)
He is giving an experienced player vibe, even though this is a newbie game.

He seems to be the only person to actually read my posts how I intended them to be read, and does good analysis of the situation.
Same as Barakos, even if he turns out to be scum in the end(which I also do not believe to be the case), I think having him along the way will still help town a lot.
His posts are logical and have meaning behind them. He does not try to ignore questions and try to negatively push any flaws he sees in others' posts. He asks about them instead of attacking.

Also - I do not see him to be the cop, I do see him as town though.

This is the only type of thing I really have to fault when comparing the two. He earlyish into D1 (started on p6 and he posted a series of these at p11) that he goes through a bit methodically about reading people. He hasn't really done this at all. He seems really detached in general in comparison.

There's a minor townie point for him and his gum comment on me as that type of attitude pervades his newbie filter, but the rest of what he posted seems pretty different actually.

Here's something to look at. Both Prome and I agreed on it.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:15 GMT
#1124
On September 26 2014 05:02 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 04:43 geript wrote:
@Prome we have a little over 2 hours to get a lynch. Who do you want?
CR is the safe no one will really fight it lynch.
Abuse is an ok lurker lynch, Vayne is too maybe.
Kush I could lynch but I doubt the support's there. Damdred is maybe an ok lynch but I think it's too likely that I'm reading him wrong.
VE has sorta faded out. Kinda reminds me of when he was mafia in gmarsh's game. The tone thing and reversing Hapa's argument on himself feels a bit bad and there's Hapa's arguments too.
Hapa I think was too active to lynch today; I think in the long run lynching abuse makes more sense there. Plus he's been all over the place for me. I still don't see how he ever thought I was mafia and him returning to that read made me feel even more odd about him.
DP I think is town but I don't think he's been terribly useful. Kinda in the same boat as Yam.

I think Grack's town.


I want to lynch VE.

Next day I'd like to look at both abuse and VA both still look scummy to me but I don't have the support to force their lynches today and, honestly, I'm more interested in seeing a VE flip. More people said things about him and he is therefore a more useful flip for town.

Who do you want to lynch geript?

Honestly I'm really torn between Abuse and VE with a side of CR. Like I think there's almost no way CR is the martyr 3P right now. He's not at all playing like he's going to end with a "win with town" wincon; that's really telling for me. He also spend most of the day doing nothing and the other half of the day pretending he's in some lala world. I don't see him getting any better; i don't think his flip helps with VE, but I think we'll end up lynching him at some point so I'd rather clear him now before he kills a town.

On Abuse, I mean half policy half acting differently half I don't trust Hapa. On VE, I don't hate parts of Hapa's case and I've listed my own reasons multiple times. It's just that my ass is itching and I think he'll probly flip town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:18 GMT
#1127
@Prome to clarify, I think I'd prefer Abuse or CR. I think VE can still be town here and I'd like a bit to get a better read on the situation because I think that Hapa can still be mafia here.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:20 GMT
#1129
On September 26 2014 05:18 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 05:15 geript wrote:
On September 26 2014 05:02 Promethelax wrote:
On September 26 2014 04:43 geript wrote:
@Prome we have a little over 2 hours to get a lynch. Who do you want?
CR is the safe no one will really fight it lynch.
Abuse is an ok lurker lynch, Vayne is too maybe.
Kush I could lynch but I doubt the support's there. Damdred is maybe an ok lynch but I think it's too likely that I'm reading him wrong.
VE has sorta faded out. Kinda reminds me of when he was mafia in gmarsh's game. The tone thing and reversing Hapa's argument on himself feels a bit bad and there's Hapa's arguments too.
Hapa I think was too active to lynch today; I think in the long run lynching abuse makes more sense there. Plus he's been all over the place for me. I still don't see how he ever thought I was mafia and him returning to that read made me feel even more odd about him.
DP I think is town but I don't think he's been terribly useful. Kinda in the same boat as Yam.

I think Grack's town.


I want to lynch VE.

Next day I'd like to look at both abuse and VA both still look scummy to me but I don't have the support to force their lynches today and, honestly, I'm more interested in seeing a VE flip. More people said things about him and he is therefore a more useful flip for town.

Who do you want to lynch geript?

Honestly I'm really torn between Abuse and VE with a side of CR. Like I think there's almost no way CR is the martyr 3P right now. He's not at all playing like he's going to end with a "win with town" wincon; that's really telling for me. He also spend most of the day doing nothing and the other half of the day pretending he's in some lala world. I don't see him getting any better; i don't think his flip helps with VE, but I think we'll end up lynching him at some point so I'd rather clear him now before he kills a town.

On Abuse, I mean half policy half acting differently half I don't trust Hapa. On VE, I don't hate parts of Hapa's case and I've listed my own reasons multiple times. It's just that my ass is itching and I think he'll probly flip town.


I had a dream about the balance for this game. It suggested that the 3p has to be anti-town because 10-3 is essentially balanced to begin with. 10-3 with mason pairs is very town favoured, even more so since we know the alignments of the pairs. Since there is a 3p it has to be anti town to make up for the masoning of the players.

I've been thinking about that. I'm not sure if HaruRH would think that or if Kita/Fool/Gmarsh/whoever would make that argument. I'm also not sure if they would allow it to be "tried" without a "true 3P."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:23 GMT
#1133
On September 26 2014 04:55 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 03:09 Promethelax wrote:
On September 25 2014 04:08 abuse wrote:
1. is a fair point but I am not good with collecting my thoughts well on such huge information loads, so I just go with how I can manage. and I do not agree with 2. I am pretty clear with who I find suspicious and who I find legit.

me and hapa or oats and damdred?
Would you say that the chances are high that 3 mafia are among these 4?
I know I'm not scum and hapa does not seem like scum either. Both Oats and Damdred have not said anything so far that would strike as anti town or scummy.
Why are you sure that there is no scum between DP and Vayne? Does vayne's play so far seem legit and not worth looking into? I'm having a hard time understanding this..


Can people who have played with abuse before tell me if he is usually this wishy washy? This entire post is just an attempt to push the lynch away from himself and onto anywhere else it could stick without actually scum hunting or attempting to find the correct target.

DP and Vayne have been been garnering attention up to this point but abuse doesn't say that he thinks either one is scum. Instead he wants geript to call them scum and stop calling him/hapa scum.

If I had to pick a single post to lynch someone over I would call this the most lynch worthy post thus far in the game.


What? did you even read any of my posts afterwards? Several times did I mention that I think vayne is scummy.
Also - deadline comming up, still no info at all from vayne...

Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 04:37 MysteryMeat1 wrote:
Class is about to start, but its probably cause i see a world of hapa/abuse dont really like hapa and i think abuse is easier to lynch.


So.. you're trying to lynch me because you don't like hapa.. ?
What is this. head out of ass please.

This really bugs me. It feels very off from where he should be. He's frustrated that people aren't reading his posts and thinks he's mafia and says "head out of ass please" I really feel like this is similar to when I was mafia for the first time in the Game and responded to BH (my mafia partner when he was pressuring me) "Because I didn't think I could use it (pre-used rng)?" Especially after the newbie game he played in I really don't see him not just saying something simple and straight forward like "get your head out of your ass."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:24 GMT
#1134
On September 26 2014 05:21 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2014 05:15 geript wrote:
On Abuse, I mean half policy half acting differently half I don't trust Hapa. On VE, I don't hate parts of Hapa's case and I've listed my own reasons multiple times. It's just that my ass is itching and I think he'll probly flip town.


How on earth is it policy to lynch an activity like mine, and not policy to lynch Vayne. Seriously.
Pls do explain, because I sure as hell can't get this in my skull, yet this has been pushed more than once already.

Because historically, when Vayne barely plays it's because he's town and doesn't want to be NK'd. We don't have any sort of history like that for you. And no one is giving Vayne a free pass; it's just that there actually are people who look worse.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:35 GMT
#1141
I'm willing to switch over if we need a lynch. I might as well because I don't think I'm going to get you to switch prome which we would need to get everyone else there. I still think it's a mislynch. No clear reason why; especially since I'm pretty sure at least half the people on him are town. Call it feels idk, I just don't feel comfortable with it.

##unvote
##vote VisceraEyes
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:44 GMT
#1143
So basically we need MM, DP, Oats, Kush, or Vayne to switch. Maybe CR doesn't vote and gets modkilled.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:52 GMT
#1149
That's reasonably disappointing.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 20:52 GMT
#1151
Even still, we still need at least 1 more on VE in case CR drops his vote.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 21:48 GMT
#1187
I'm still around.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft477
RuFF_SC2 208
Nina 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3109
GuemChi 912
Leta 120
Terrorterran 76
Bale 40
NaDa 38
Noble 3
Dota 2
febbydoto9
League of Legends
JimRising 600
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Mew2King44
Other Games
summit1g7763
C9.Mang0281
ViBE107
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Pr0nogo 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota293
League of Legends
• Lourlo1303
• Stunt361
Other Games
• Shiphtur519
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
11h 40m
The PondCast
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.