• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7387 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 04:30 GMT
#926
On September 25 2014 13:27 Hapahauli wrote:
Also dealing with CR is extremely easy. We just promise as a town to lynch him if he doesn't use his power night 1.

That's my point. If VE doesn't flip red, then by your plan we can essentially be locked into 2 lynches with your plan instead of just 1. I don't like that at all when I'm not confident that you are town and that your read is actually solid.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 04:41 GMT
#930
Idk, the CR situation probably applies regardless of who is lynched. I just wish that you made me feel all super town about you and that Oats or Damdred would make me think they're actually town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 05:16 GMT
#933
On September 25 2014 13:42 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 13:41 geript wrote:
Idk, the CR situation probably applies regardless of who is lynched. I just wish that you made me feel all super town about you and that Oats or Damdred would make me think they're actually town.


No shit.

I have to go to bed earlier than 6am tonight. Make your meta case on Damdred and I'll take a look tomorrow morning.

I don't really trust my meta read on him. Last time I went through 4-5 games and got his alignment all wrong. That's why I want you and DP and others to actually give feedback on what I said and on him. I feel like no matter what his alignment is I'm always going to find him scummy so I'd like outside opinions.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 05:49 GMT
#936
On September 25 2014 14:33 Chairman Ray wrote:

##unvote
##vote Chairman Ray

This is how you want to play. Well now we just lynch the fuck out of you so you always lose. If I were a mod, I would've modkilled you for your play so far. Regardless of you getting any alignment, what you've done (or more appropriately not done) is entirely not acceptable. You will not win this game. Not with town. Not with Mafia. Not on your own. You just die.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 05:55 GMT
#938
Most of the time when people pull this type of shit, they're fucking mafia. Let's just lynch him or maybe VE. Either one. Neither makes the other look better. I want to chain lynch both of them now, mostly CR. Chezinu has done this twice been mafia both times. Coag's done it a number of times (mostly as mafia). Seriously, if he doesn't want to play as any alignment then let's kick his ass out of the game. If this is your standard of play then seriously fucking go somewhere else. We don't want people who aren't going to at least attempt to win and put in some time.

GTFO
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 05:56 GMT
#939
On September 25 2014 14:54 Chairman Ray wrote:
What am I supposed to do?

Do you want to be lynched today? You don't get a free pass. DP is happy with you as a fallback lynch. I'll lynch the fuck out of you right now. I've got my 151. Vayn is happy lynching your ass. I doubt anyone actually gives a fuck about not lynching you. If you want to live, then you actually ahve to help town or else we throw the baby out with the bathwater.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 06:30 GMT
#948
On September 25 2014 15:06 Chairman Ray wrote:
I'm not sure what this faction is even supposed to do in the game. I can be active and play town, but I win with either town or mafia, so there really isn't an incentive for me to help town or mafia. How I see it, this is just a 13 player game, where I'm a spectator that can talk. I also have an action that can interfere with the game, but it really doesn't change the outcome for me if I win either way.

Well here's how I see it. Since there isn't any incentive for you to help town or mafia, then you're mafia siding. Therefore you die. So enjoy losing because you feel there's no reason to play to your win condition of surviving.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 06:36 GMT
#950
Say what you want DP, I still don't trust Hapa.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 06:38 GMT
#951
Right now CR is probably mafia. Like him claiming the martyr 3P and then acting like this is insane. He has to realize that if he is alive on D2 we are lynching the ever living shit out of him. And since he feels like there's no reason for him to do anything whatsoever, there's no way he's in any way going to help town. There's literally no reason to think he's any sort of beneficial or semi-beneficial 3P.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 06:39 GMT
#952
On the plus side, that makes VE more likely to be mafia.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 06:46 GMT
#954
If you do not martyr on N1, we will 100% lynch you on D2. So would you like to help lynch scum?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:08 GMT
#957
On September 25 2014 15:48 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 15:36 geript wrote:
Say what you want DP, I still don't trust Hapa.


Maybe but he looks much more like I would expect and therefore better to me right now.

I don't particularly want to lynch Hapa OR VE today.

Talk to me about Damdred Geript.

I felt like he asked some pretty crappy questions of me, and then rode that initial questioning to the bank. He rehashed the same questions a bunch, asked people about what they thought of me a bunch, and said he was waiting for me to respond a bunch.

Doesn't really come across as genuine or effective scum-hunting.

Thoughts?

I think the likeliest mafia/mafia pair is damdred/oats. I even just pointed out some shit about him at the top of the page. Right now with as ridiculously as CR is acting though, he might just actually be mafia and VE also be mafia. Part of the problem is I have no clue how to read Damdred as each and every time I've tried to read him I've thought he was scum and he was town. And each and every time he has no clue how to actually read me. So he might legitimately just be awful at reading me and a less experienced player. I just can't see how anything in his filter makes him town and I think there's good reason to think at least 1 person in each other group is town. Yes, deep down I still think CR is 3P but with how he's playing that's a crap shoot; and honestly I'm seriously betting not the martyr one.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:14 GMT
#959
On September 25 2014 16:09 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 15:46 geript wrote:
If you do not martyr on N1, we will 100% lynch you on D2. So would you like to help lynch scum?


I'm flattered that you think my reads are so good it's worth trading a lynch for.

Seeing as how you've given no reads, it's more a policy thing.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:16 GMT
#961
Seriously CR, never ever play at TL again.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:17 GMT
#962
On September 25 2014 16:15 MysteryMeat1 wrote:
I still don't think CR is mafia, he is most probably 3p, lynching him today does nothing unless he is the poisoner. I'd rather lynch Damdred

And he's admitted multiple times that he intends to do nothing. Lynch it.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:43 GMT
#971
On September 25 2014 16:31 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 16:27 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:26 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:24 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:20 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:16 geript wrote:
Seriously CR, never ever play at TL again.


You speak as though I joined this game just so I can afk. Whenever I roll town, I put in a lot of effort trying to hunt down scum. Whenever I roll mafia, I put in a lot of effort trying to get town mislynched. I really just have no clue what I'm supposed to do here in this 3p role. You're not being very helpful.


Find mafia. Protect a townie. Pretty basic actually.


I also win with mafia though. Even if I play super well and manage to pinpoint all 3 mafia, it doesn't change the outcome.


You can also win with town. And the town knows you are third party, so if you don't try and help town why should we not lynch you?


You lynch me when there's an incentive to lynch me, not when there's a lack of incentive not to lynch me.

If I do absolutely nothing at all, then lynching me would be no different than a no-lynch, which is unfavorable for town. If I actually do play against town by disrupting the thread or posting reads on townroles or something, then there's an incentive to lynch me.

Enjoy getting lynched today then. You do nothing we 100% lynch you today. You don't martyr tonight, we 100% lynch you tomorrow. There's no grey line. Now since once you martyr, you have a town win condition, then you might want to start trying to figure out who mafia is. Because any help you can give to what your actual win condition will be would be appreciated. Otherwise, you can just lose now.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 07:48 GMT
#973
On September 25 2014 16:44 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 16:43 geript wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:31 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:27 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:26 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:24 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:20 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:16 geript wrote:
Seriously CR, never ever play at TL again.


You speak as though I joined this game just so I can afk. Whenever I roll town, I put in a lot of effort trying to hunt down scum. Whenever I roll mafia, I put in a lot of effort trying to get town mislynched. I really just have no clue what I'm supposed to do here in this 3p role. You're not being very helpful.


Find mafia. Protect a townie. Pretty basic actually.


I also win with mafia though. Even if I play super well and manage to pinpoint all 3 mafia, it doesn't change the outcome.


You can also win with town. And the town knows you are third party, so if you don't try and help town why should we not lynch you?


You lynch me when there's an incentive to lynch me, not when there's a lack of incentive not to lynch me.

If I do absolutely nothing at all, then lynching me would be no different than a no-lynch, which is unfavorable for town. If I actually do play against town by disrupting the thread or posting reads on townroles or something, then there's an incentive to lynch me.

Enjoy getting lynched today then. You do nothing we 100% lynch you today. You don't martyr tonight, we 100% lynch you tomorrow. There's no grey line. Now since once you martyr, you have a town win condition, then you might want to start trying to figure out who mafia is. Because any help you can give to what your actual win condition will be would be appreciated. Otherwise, you can just lose now.

I basically agree with this concept, although I would much rather lynch scum today and have you be productive for the town.

I don't think anyone could possibly not see that role and not assume that they're essentially an innocent child that's forced to martyr N1. Hence why I think it's equally good to lynch him now.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 08:54 GMT
#979
On September 25 2014 17:08 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2014 16:54 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 25 2014 16:53 Chairman Ray wrote:
geript, you're still not making any sense. You're just threatening me to play a certain way when I still don't understand why I have to play that way. I don't see in any way how this role is an innocent child. I win with both town and mafia. I'm not a confirmed town. I'm a confirmed spectator.


You have to play that way or the town will lynch you.

If you hadn't claimed you could have done whatever the fuck you wanted. Now you have to play by our rules or die by our hands.


Finally someone starts making sense. I have waited all night to hear this. 3rd party favor points for you DP!

Right now I think lynching me is an empty threat. If you can prove otherwise, I'll have to help town in order to survive.

The way I see it, I choose if I want to help town, help mafia, help both, or help neither. You are saying that I choose help town or I get lynched. My move will be to help neither. At this time you can either lynch me, which is harming town, or lynch normally, which is helping town. I don't think town will choose to lynch me.

Giving out "favor points" doesn't help you win. You're at most a team of 3. We're likely a team of 10. First off, your life is in our hands, not the other way around. You don't set the rules, we do. Your life in this game is at our leisure. Not the other way around. Coming on 36 hours, the only positive thing you've done is claim 3P. Perhaps you don't know this about TL, but we lynch 3P claims all the fucking time. Plus, in this game there's a 66% chance that you are detrimental to town. You've fucked up if you think that claiming alone protects you. It doesn't in any way. Us lynching you is not an empty threat. Me and DP will push this shit through. This is not a joke. This is not funny. You play by our rules or we kick you out.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 08:57 GMT
#980
On September 25 2014 17:40 Chairman Ray wrote:
As I said, I am not going to start helping town if you are forcing me to help town or die. I'm more of a braveheart type of guy where you can take my life, but you cannot take my freedom.

But you do realize that lynching me is hurting town right? Town gains nothing from it, and you even lose a lynch. That's a pretty big detriment to town. So why are you doing this?

Lynching you does not hurt town. Sure it may not get mafia but we're good enough to do that without you. Plus, you're not likely to be the martyr by your play so far, so it actually is a 50/50 to save a random (most likely town) death. You want to win, then play to what win conditions you have left. Here's a hint, it involves reading and giving opinions.

geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 25 2014 17:39 GMT
#1054
Oats the real problem I have with you is that now you actually look kinda town which means that one of my townreads is 100% wrong and I don't know which one.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1105
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC290
TKL 229
Rex134
CosmosSc2 37
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 229
Rex 134
CosmosSc2 37
ProTech33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42686
Calm 2840
Shuttle 2376
Jaedong 1594
Horang2 932
actioN 641
Mini 586
Soma 512
EffOrt 446
Soulkey 442
[ Show more ]
Stork 331
Rush 304
Larva 243
ZerO 223
BeSt 223
Snow 188
Mong 138
firebathero 132
Zeus 94
Mind 82
hero 70
910 69
Free 62
sorry 59
Hyun 47
Yoon 45
Sharp 45
Shine 37
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 31
JYJ 29
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Killer 13
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 12
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1284
Counter-Strike
fl0m2218
Fnx 596
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko371
Other Games
singsing2199
hiko702
crisheroes613
B2W.Neo306
DeMusliM227
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax174
Liquid`VortiX147
Liquid`RaSZi111
Trikslyr69
QueenE60
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2077
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen108
Other Games
• Shiphtur625
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 46m
The PondCast
19h 46m
INu's Battles
20h 46m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.