• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:07
CEST 14:07
KST 21:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8912 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 56

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 105 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 17:33 GMT
#1101
HIT
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 17:39 GMT
#1102
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 17:40 GMT
#1103
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 08 2014 17:41 GMT
#1104
On September 09 2014 02:33 Damdred wrote:
HIT


On September 05 2014 01:58 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 01:46 IAmRobik wrote:
Damdred is in this game?


Fraid so, just got my new phone so I can post whenever I want now.

Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 01:47 slOosh wrote:
Oh boy this is exciting, I was waiting for this. Hey Damdred. What are your three biggest thoughts right now?


One thing right now is that robik says he got a scum read on rayn, but doesn't want to talk about it to avoid pressure? What is that? If you think someone is scum you should press it and try to destroy the scum, its robik why is he scared of pressure? And not sure why if rayn is scum it would make him nervous of ger

From rereading filters so far and catching up I like gooble, asks some good questions and it seems to have some follow up.

And Koshi is not his normal self it feels like. I know he says hes tring a new non mass posting thing, but pregame he said he would be posting lots and a lot of his posts lack a ton of content and some of his reads lack some explanations. Asks a lot of questions without drawing conclusions once asked it seems.


This is pretty much your first real post of the game, then you don't push him in any way; so if you are confident he was a hit then why weren't you pushing on him?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 17:46 GMT
#1105
I wasn't as confident before i reread the game, and I got distracted by Sloosh going on me like he did got to defensive.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
September 08 2014 17:48 GMT
#1106
On September 09 2014 02:46 Damdred wrote:
I wasn't as confident before i reread the game, and I got distracted by Sloosh going on me like he did got to defensive.


what made you more confident now?

also what else did you change your mind on?
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 17:54 GMT
#1107
On September 09 2014 02:48 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:46 Damdred wrote:
I wasn't as confident before i reread the game, and I got distracted by Sloosh going on me like he did got to defensive.


what made you more confident now?

also what else did you change your mind on?


Koshis general demeanor in the thread, he really did not seem like town koshi after a reread. Besides a few posts he did not have a lot of scum reads, and even when he was on me for instance it did not feel like he was really pushing like town koshi would do.

Koshi was a hit and Rayn is not scum is what i've changed my mind on some far
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 17:54 GMT
#1108
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 08 2014 17:55 GMT
#1109
Geript, what do you think of my analysis of haru's post?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 17:57 GMT
#1110
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:03 GMT
#1111
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 08 2014 18:04 GMT
#1112
On September 09 2014 03:03 geript wrote:
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.

Why are you so desperately avoiding saying, "man, you're right. That's actualyl a good point" Stop being such a weeeweee
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:05 GMT
#1113
On September 09 2014 02:57 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.

I am not trying to play at semantics.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 08 2014 18:07 GMT
#1114
On September 09 2014 03:05 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:57 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.

I am not trying to play at semantics.


Ok then answer, we know haru. But why did you pick the other people
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:07 GMT
#1115
On September 09 2014 03:04 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 03:03 geript wrote:
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.

Why are you so desperately avoiding saying, "man, you're right. That's actualyl a good point" Stop being such a weeeweee

Because it's not a good point. He changes verb tense idk like 4 times in the quote you cover. That's not actually mafia indicative unless you have a grammar nazi doing it. I don't see how incorrect verb tense makes anyone mafia at any point.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 08 2014 18:10 GMT
#1116
On September 09 2014 03:07 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 03:04 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 09 2014 03:03 geript wrote:
Meh. I don't find that very convincing. It's moreso that he has no desire to help town whatsoever. His inconsistencies on who and what type of person should get the grail are pretty fucking weird too. Plus, he pretty much auto-assumed that Rayn/Koshi are town super early in D1.

Why are you so desperately avoiding saying, "man, you're right. That's actualyl a good point" Stop being such a weeeweee

Because it's not a good point. He changes verb tense idk like 4 times in the quote you cover. That's not actually mafia indicative unless you have a grammar nazi doing it. I don't see how incorrect verb tense makes anyone mafia at any point.

Let me know when you read my post.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:13 GMT
#1117
On September 09 2014 03:07 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 03:05 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:57 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:54 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:40 Damdred wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:39 geript wrote:
On September 09 2014 02:29 Damdred wrote:
Ger could you tell me why you picked teh scum team you did?

Yes I could. Any other questions?


Sure could you actually answer the question

[image loading]


You gave a smart ass reply not an actual answer, so if you could quit trying to play at semantics it would be cool.

I am not trying to play at semantics.


Ok then answer, we know haru. But why did you pick the other people

I had a meta case on you; it's pretty good. You should probably concede.

On Rob; kinda to piss him off a little bit into actually doing something if he's town but mostly because he's lacked any substantive push. His play has reminded me of practically each game of video mafia with me (he's been mafia each time except once) and there's no consistency whatsoever in his reads. He just reflects whatever the people in the thread at the time are thinking. He does drive at his own reads or have much conviction about them. Hell look at the extra vote race. Did he even bother to do anything to get the extra vote? No. He just kept spouting that he was town and people magically voted him for that. All he's trying to do is the exact thing I did in my last game, create a filter that is so large and "bouncey" that no one can nail you down.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 08 2014 18:13 GMT
#1118
On September 09 2014 02:01 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2014 20:04 HaruRH wrote:
On September 04 2014 16:04 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:55 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.


who, other than non-posters, is on your "too lynch list"?

Oats is like really not town oTsy to me. Ps I am the oats whisperer (sssshhhh don't tell Austin)
Gobbly I'm pretty solid on. He's really thread policy which he tends to be in his scum games. Plus he's not really paranoid and aggressive and analyzing things which is what I saw in his town games. But he's pretty new so I'm a little hesitant there.
Yamato for funsies. But seriously if he doesn't try to add something useful.
HaruRH I get a really weird vibe from. I haven't played with him much but I got the feels from him early on.
Robik. He's done a lot of things I've seen from his mafia play. He hasn't hard called me town yet. He's been schmoozing and generally unproductive (in an unproductive way instead of in a town Robik way).


Slowish I'm guessing is town. Sylencia might be too based on attitude. That's essentially where I'm at.


On September 05 2014 11:53 geript wrote:
Town Princess Newbie
TownWorld Heavyweight

Mafia Noir
Mafia Detention


If you look in his town games, he actually comes out with his own opinions. He forces stuff that he thinks because he finds it important. He even comes up with some good reads (e.g. his HaruRH read in Noir). I'm not really seeing that at all this game from him.

If you look in his scum games, he mostly comments on the thread rather than forcing is own thoughts and things onto people. By this I mean, he talks about things that are going on in the thread, being said, being talked about etc. He rarely forces his viewpoint and doesn't really "stick himself out there."

That's the major difference that I see. The problem is that first meta is easy to use incorrectly and second that newer players change much faster which makes meta arguments much worse. In this game, I see far, far more of the latter. He's not really pushing his opinion on anything or anyone in a strong way. That's specifically why I think he's mafia. My hesitation is that I don't have a great record using meta and he's new which makes him harder to read.


Basically the 2 things I highlighted shows how he progressively hard scumreads gobble at early d1 and then relieve some pressure off him by stating how he was newbie and shit. Horribly twisting 'meta' reads to his advantage.


This goes against haru's whole argument for why geript is scum
Twisting meta to call a town town, is not using meta to geript's advantage if geript is scum.

This post you mean? I read it, idk 4-5 minutes after you posted it. Not sure why that would ever matter.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 08 2014 18:17 GMT
#1119
On September 09 2014 03:13 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2014 02:01 IAmRobik wrote:
On September 08 2014 20:04 HaruRH wrote:
On September 04 2014 16:04 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:55 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.


who, other than non-posters, is on your "too lynch list"?

Oats is like really not town oTsy to me. Ps I am the oats whisperer (sssshhhh don't tell Austin)
Gobbly I'm pretty solid on. He's really thread policy which he tends to be in his scum games. Plus he's not really paranoid and aggressive and analyzing things which is what I saw in his town games. But he's pretty new so I'm a little hesitant there.
Yamato for funsies. But seriously if he doesn't try to add something useful.
HaruRH I get a really weird vibe from. I haven't played with him much but I got the feels from him early on.
Robik. He's done a lot of things I've seen from his mafia play. He hasn't hard called me town yet. He's been schmoozing and generally unproductive (in an unproductive way instead of in a town Robik way).


Slowish I'm guessing is town. Sylencia might be too based on attitude. That's essentially where I'm at.


On September 05 2014 11:53 geript wrote:
Town Princess Newbie
TownWorld Heavyweight

Mafia Noir
Mafia Detention


If you look in his town games, he actually comes out with his own opinions. He forces stuff that he thinks because he finds it important. He even comes up with some good reads (e.g. his HaruRH read in Noir). I'm not really seeing that at all this game from him.

If you look in his scum games, he mostly comments on the thread rather than forcing is own thoughts and things onto people. By this I mean, he talks about things that are going on in the thread, being said, being talked about etc. He rarely forces his viewpoint and doesn't really "stick himself out there."

That's the major difference that I see. The problem is that first meta is easy to use incorrectly and second that newer players change much faster which makes meta arguments much worse. In this game, I see far, far more of the latter. He's not really pushing his opinion on anything or anyone in a strong way. That's specifically why I think he's mafia. My hesitation is that I don't have a great record using meta and he's new which makes him harder to read.


Basically the 2 things I highlighted shows how he progressively hard scumreads gobble at early d1 and then relieve some pressure off him by stating how he was newbie and shit. Horribly twisting 'meta' reads to his advantage.


This goes against haru's whole argument for why geript is scum
Twisting meta to call a town town, is not using meta to geript's advantage if geript is scum.

This post you mean? I read it, idk 4-5 minutes after you posted it. Not sure why that would ever matter.

Wait waht? Are you for real? You don't find his inconsistency to be scummy? He's basically saying that you're trying to use a meta read to condemn people, and then says that you used a meta read to town read someone who you were originally pressuring. Why would he read you as scum off of that? He's just trying to be consistent on the whole "meta" front regarding you, but then his argument falls to shit but he sticks with it lol.
IAmRobik
Profile Joined January 2014
United States5878 Posts
September 08 2014 18:20 GMT
#1120
If haru is scum, geript is basically never scum --> not that this tells us much without flips.
I still have yamato as town solely for how he treated the situation with sylencia. Plus I guess our talk about the other game we played on the other forum is fairly townie as well
Damdred starting to look shitty to me once again.
Rayn might be town, but he's really putting the most insignificunt effort of all time.
Ritoky is almost certainly town.

Hey Ritoky, do you think that Koshi was a hit or a miss? You forgot to answer your own question. based off of how many people say he's a hit over a miss, I might actually believe that he's a miss
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 105 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 113
TKL 19
CranKy Ducklings18
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM808
IndyStarCraft 151
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 808
Lowko500
mouzHeroMarine 276
IndyStarCraft 151
Rex 28
MindelVK 24
TKL 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46573
Free 4458
Jaedong 1374
BeSt 584
Horang2 397
Soulkey 387
Soma 292
Zeus 245
Hyun 225
Last 144
[ Show more ]
sorry 129
Pusan 84
Mind 81
Shinee 58
Sexy 38
Yoon 37
soO 30
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
yabsab 16
ToSsGirL 15
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5556
Dendi622
XaKoH 430
canceldota45
Counter-Strike
byalli735
Other Games
gofns26835
singsing2195
Coldzera 693
B2W.Neo505
Pyrionflax288
ToD137
QueenE1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• StrangeGG 14
• Gemini_19 13
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV428
League of Legends
• Jankos3439
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 54m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.