• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:29
CEST 10:29
KST 17:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8450 users

[T] Cell (Mini?) Mafia III - Page 88

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 106 Next
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
September 03 2014 22:53 GMT
#1741
On September 04 2014 07:26 Holyflare wrote:
if you're honestly telling me it's not a slip and you are town then you are letting wave get away with murder/the game


I'm 100% fucking serious it wasn't a slip
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
September 03 2014 22:54 GMT
#1742
On September 03 2014 14:32 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2014 09:23 Amiko wrote:
@Oats:
Since you are sheeping marv on the off chance we get to day 5 I'll be asking you to vote on marv and letting me hammer. So let's talk till you realize the error of your ways.

- Did that question about me being happy early game have any significance?

- What do you think of the conversations between you and marv while blazinghand was up for lynch?
I didn't see an answer from marv to your question as to whether whether Blazinghand gave up as scum, but not too much else to say.

- As I see it, you thought I was suspicious on D2 based on thinking that although I had decided to vote Blazinghand, I hadn't voted. I don't understand this because (1) I think it's fairly obvious I was asking questions regarding the other players before you ever raised that point and (2) I don't real see why voting early or late seems suspicious, anyway. I guess a mafia player in Cell 4/5 could vote at the last minute to get a mislynch (and then just hope to get two more before that Cell ever comes up), but I don't see anyone as having done that so otherwise it seems null to me.

- If you think voting early or late is a scumtell, why is that any more valid than BH's slip pre-game and during-game? It seems to me the other 'slip' would be more reliable.

- If you think voting late is a scumtell, why aren't you reading any other players who voted late as scummy?



(Don't you wish Cell C was 3rd now? :D)


er lets do this one line at a time.

No, and I dont know why marv asked me to explain it. Possible filler.

marv had a whole lotta meta reasons why blazinghand was scum but never wrote it out fully intending to convince people, just sat back and sniped at whoever called bh town.

Its not about voting late as in 1 min before the deadline. Its about not making a clear stand so its not so suspicious when your team decides on a change in direction. Town dont give a shit about their own voting patterns so they vote willynilly.
Scum more careful with their votes.
GENERALLY.


After that bit and the last few days, your questions have gotten a lot better and there is more direction rather than questions for the sake of questions.


The post where Oats calls marv scum?

On September 03 2014 19:48 marvellosity wrote:
has Oats taken to calling me mafia? excellent.



On September 04 2014 07:11 Holyflare wrote:
mm1/oats = win


I don't know why HF, says oats when i don't think he has ever explicitly said that marv was town? or gave a case on the three of you in that cell.


On September 04 2014 07:20 Holyflare wrote:
he posted that he was sheeping marv after he scum read him as if it was a useful comment, he's also been very sure of things like "NUUU it's a town tell" and "no bla bla is definitely mafia" while ignoring everyone else

i wouldn't honestly be surprised if wave was mafia with oats though


mentions oats with wave.


@HF and @WOS, can you guys both give town/mafia cases for marv?

"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
September 03 2014 22:55 GMT
#1743
i'm also going to take 10 hour break from this, and think about WOS.
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
September 03 2014 23:00 GMT
#1744
@MM1:
Wave gave some comments on marv here-
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/463542-cell-mini-mafia-iii?page=83#1657
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/463542-cell-mini-mafia-iii?page=84#1662
though they were more specific to heavyweight, I was kind of interested in that because Haru and Holyflare were both in that game, too

Wave generally indicated he can't read oats here-
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/463542-cell-mini-mafia-iii?page=83#1658
which I can empathize with a little because I played catastrophe and don't feel like I have a sense of how to read Oats at all from that.


Why do you feel Holyflare is more likely mafia than Wave?
I do give Holyflare some credit because I liked his points on bunnies (though this assumes bunnies was the mafia in the cell)
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
September 03 2014 23:02 GMT
#1745
I gotta work for a while back later
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 03 2014 23:32 GMT
#1746
On September 04 2014 07:20 Holyflare wrote:
he posted that he was sheeping marv after he scum read him as if it was a useful comment, he's also been very sure of things like "NUUU it's a town tell" and "no bla bla is definitely mafia" while ignoring everyone else

i wouldn't honestly be surprised if wave was mafia with oats though

It's funny, I think the same thing about you.

On September 04 2014 07:30 Amiko wrote:
@Holyflare
- Any particular reason why you asked WaveofShadow in particular if he was vt (the d1 trap thing)?
I'm wondering why you didn't ask me or Apathy or someone else who was also on at the time since Wave didn't answer at first

- Did you ever answer this one from Wave on Oats?
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 30 2014 02:06 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2014 01:58 Holyflare wrote:
Is this the famous oats with too much information? Looks like it is to me.

I'm not following this.
You think Oats has TMI and is scum, and so is saying BH is town?



@WaveofShadow
- When we were voting on lilwade you were pointing to NRHF as having really poor posting on D2.
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 02 2014 03:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
Where is fake holyflare?
His totality of D2 posting has been absolutely horrible, mostly basing his apparent current dump vote on bunnies on weird meta shit. Did no one else pick up on this?
and you still seemed interested him here + Show Spoiler +
On September 02 2014 03:30 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2014 03:25 Holyflare wrote:
On September 02 2014 03:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
Where is fake holyflare?
His totality of D2 posting has been absolutely horrible, mostly basing his apparent current dump vote on bunnies on weird meta shit. Did no one else pick up on this?


yes but he isn't being voted on today

Well now you guys have got me thinking about who is voting for whom and when, and I absolutely hate NRHF's vote and the circumstances behind it. But I also remember not minding the wagon on bunnies when it initially started and I think he was on it then too.

I think the fact that bunnies came back and was giving reads/answering questions freely without being asked despite the fact that she was essentially off the hook may clinch it for me. That one is also unlike the D1/BH.
##unvote
##vote: lilwade


I have another 45 min or so then it's only phoneposting if at all until usual time.

There's some justification to not suspect NRHF in the second post (based on his vote timings - I'll take a look at that since I'm not sure) but is there a reason why you moved toward voting for your mom without continuing to suspect or questioning NRHF?
You did call NRHF town later (when it was revealed it was HaruRH) but you seemed to back off of him before that

I don't think I ever called NRHF town; put simply your mom was the only logical choice for the day. If your mom had put even an ounce of effort into the game then maybe there would have been something else to do, but it doesn't make sense to give a pass to anyone like that otherwise scum can continually think they can get away with it. Neither us nor scum clearly really had much choice in the matter. I noticed an interesting pattern in that regard, however---if we assume bunnies and BH were scum then it means it's possible every initial target town has picked was correct for each day. (This would mean MM1/Oats for final two but I'm not going solely based on that).

Now I've said this before but my activity is limited to late evenings now that I've started work again, with maybe the odd phonepost here and there. If there's discussion to be had right now then people should stick around so I can actually talk.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 03 2014 23:38 GMT
#1747
hey. woo! etc.

not going to read until tomorrow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 03 2014 23:49 GMT
#1748
On September 03 2014 15:33 MysteryMeat1 wrote:
@WaveofShadow

look at how many times HF, has called me scum, or tried to throw scum on me. I do admit to saying that both of you called me scum, but you can even see that i misread. If you look at your post, you never said i was actually scum. I'll apologize for misreading but it wasn't a slip.

Also look at bunnies response to me switching my vote off of her.


as a side note: i'm pretty happy with this groups lynch. The fact that everyone in our cell is actually playing probably means we are hitting scum today. I was gonna say (the fact that HF is posting a lot) but i'm trying to avoid the tunnel.

I have a question for you actually.
You're right I never did explicitly state I thought you were scum, but obviously you agree that it was implied, correct?
Point being, I wasn't looking for an apology for the accusation that I was calling you scum, because earlier in the game I essentially WAS.

The problem is what I said before:
Apparently he's acknowledged that I've called him scum before but magically forgot when he needed to throw suspicion on you for the same reasons.

And now you're apologizing to me?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 00:13 GMT
#1749
lynch holyflare.
##vote Holyflare

HF is scum.

Focuses on the change in voting by MM way too much, in advance of his cell, setting up the mislynch so he can win easier.
In fact, that change makes MM town.

JUSTICE WAGON!@!
No gg, No skill.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 00:19 GMT
#1750
lol ok Oats
So basically stuff that I've (and I think MM1 has) already said before?
Where was your suspicion on HF before now?
Where was any mention at all of our cell?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 04 2014 00:23 GMT
#1751
you go girl.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 00:32 GMT
#1752
On September 04 2014 09:23 marvellosity wrote:
you go girl.

It would be really nice if you'd read the game so I could actually talk to you. Do you have anything to say about the current cell?
I'd ask for your read on Oats as well but there's no point in asking you because either way due to PoE you say Oats, unless you have any specific reasoning.
I wouldn't mind a read on Oats from others as well---Amiko I know you said you have difficulty reading him, but solely based on his activity in this game, assuming he wasn't Oats or in a cell with you or Marv, how would you read him?

Answering my own question I'm forced to say scum for random-ass lines of questioning that go nowhere, nonsensical play (even if it IS Oats) and just general uselessness.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Amiko
Profile Joined February 2014
United States1725 Posts
September 04 2014 01:26 GMT
#1753
@wave:

I'll be out for a little but I'll try to give you updated thoughts on Oats tonight. If C was up today I'd probably push on Oats as the lynch over marv; I don't really know Oats' meta but I feel like there's a fair case for him as scum based on his posts in this game, whereas for marv I think most of the scumfeels come from a sense of uneasiness that he hasn't been more proactive or tried to be persuasive.

One thing I wanted to look at but don't have time to right now is looking at whether Oats townreading marv early makes sense (since he was willing to "sheep" marv while at the same time suggesting he was seeing me as more town). And I dunno, I feel like most people voting for your mom weren't doing it to sheep marv (or at least didn't say so in that tone)

Anyway I'll take a look later and let you know but that's more or less how I'm thinking about it now
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 01:42 GMT
#1754
On September 04 2014 10:26 Amiko wrote:
@wave:

I'll be out for a little but I'll try to give you updated thoughts on Oats tonight. If C was up today I'd probably push on Oats as the lynch over marv; I don't really know Oats' meta but I feel like there's a fair case for him as scum based on his posts in this game, whereas for marv I think most of the scumfeels come from a sense of uneasiness that he hasn't been more proactive or tried to be persuasive.

One thing I wanted to look at but don't have time to right now is looking at whether Oats townreading marv early makes sense (since he was willing to "sheep" marv while at the same time suggesting he was seeing me as more town). And I dunno, I feel like most people voting for your mom weren't doing it to sheep marv (or at least didn't say so in that tone)

Anyway I'll take a look later and let you know but that's more or less how I'm thinking about it now

And see that's exactly why marv is an issue because he never looks overtly or generally scummy as scum as far as I know. Oats looks scummy even when he's town half the time---I'm not sure I could catch marv without the use of meta if he is scum, and I could very well be wrong on Oats.

And as far as sheeping marv goes, look at basically every game he's in. People will sheep him just cause marv.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 01:43 GMT
#1755
I talked a but about your cell wave, don't lie about my activity.


If all the things I said about hf have been brought up before, then there's no reason for you to not be voting for Holyflare is there??? What's your reason
No gg, No skill.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 02:00 GMT
#1756
Because I don't know if he's scum?
MM1 has a whole bunch of shitty things about him too that are slightly more pressing even if presented in a very tunnely way and I can't choose between the two of them.

Also show me where you've talked about our cell.
Go ahead.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 04:21 GMT
#1757
Somewhere I said mm was town.

Anyway If I didn't, why does it matter?
No gg, No skill.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 04:22 GMT
#1758
Because it shows you're not interested in the game/important matters?
You haven't even looked at anyone in this cell and you decided HF is scum basically.

lol I wonder if that makes him town now
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
September 04 2014 05:08 GMT
#1759
So in your opinion, looked = posted?
I can't have thought about it before posting my scumread? I have to post everything I think in thread? Stop trying to fit me into your narrative wos.
No gg, No skill.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
September 04 2014 05:13 GMT
#1760
On September 04 2014 14:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
So in your opinion, looked = posted?
I can't have thought about it before posting my scumread? I have to post everything I think in thread? Stop trying to fit me into your narrative wos.

lol wtf?
I don't think I have ever even seen you use the word 'narrative' to attack someone's play before. It doesn't suit you. There is no narrative for you Oats, you just post random shit and hope that people call you town for it.

Like...I don't even understand what the hell you just said and how that answers my accusation at all.

Oh wait I think I get it lol.
Yes, townies should really post at least some of their thought process in thread to let other people get a read. I see no thought process from you regarding how you came to conclusions about my cell, therefore I can conclude that you're hiding your thoughts (or in your case, probably have none) and are scum.

But please, let's hear what you have 'thought about,' by all means.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 106 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 535
Larva 90
Hyun 51
Killer 46
NotJumperer 38
scan(afreeca) 35
Bale 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Hm[arnc] 13
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto121
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
edward96
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Other Games
summit1g7859
olofmeister852
Coldzera 708
ceh9603
Happy302
Sick145
crisheroes119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick564
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Jankos1010
• Stunt356
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 31m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.