• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:24
CEST 20:24
KST 03:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9309 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 176 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:43 GMT
#481
What's a default lynch?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:44 GMT
#482
Was he? Am I getting it confused with Back to the basics?

Sorry yam.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:45 GMT
#483
Yeah we lynched him on D1. He's really not doing anything in this game but giving null reads..
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:45 GMT
#484
On February 09 2014 20:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
What's a default lynch?

A default lynch is where I can't find strong reasons to think someone is mafia (xatalos LXIV, artanis/you Vengeful) but instead lynch someone for "not doing much" and "not caring about town" which are good heuristics that serve me well past day 1 but are fairly coinflippy on day 1.

Let me go check Oats' read on you, that does seem off.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:46 GMT
#485
ok I outright retract my criticism of yamato, because he mentioned quiet game before and i assumed he was making a bad analogy then as well. Corazon has also again asked other people to scumhunt without doing any of his own. So underwhelming though.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:47 GMT
#486
##Vote: Oatsmaster
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:53 GMT
#487
One difference between this game and Quiet game is that Corazon tunnelled yamato for about the first page and a half of his filter and then tunnelled bugs for the subsequent page. Consecutive tunnelling. Kinda the opposite of what's going on here really.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:54 GMT
#488
Basically.
- I dunno what VE is doing.
- Sad but true, Odin could have just replaced out because he rolled scum given his shitty self-modkill in PYP and how terrible his scumplay is. But i wanna see what Grack does because this is a cheap read.
- Corazon seems working in fear of something and not doing anything.
- Holyflare knows the game is on but he's not playing for some reason.
- Vayne is weird, but probably not a good D1 lynch given his posts.
- Oats' read on me was crap.
- Palmar did weird stuff. Okay it had a potential to be good but his follow up was not that good.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:54 GMT
#489
On the other hand, Corazon in that game does do the whole "misrepresenting/lying/twisting" argument in that game that I believed more likely to come from townCora, so I have to scratch that part of my read on him.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:56 GMT
#490
On February 09 2014 20:53 marvellosity wrote:
One difference between this game and Quiet game is that Corazon tunnelled yamato for about the first page and a half of his filter and then tunnelled bugs for the subsequent page. Consecutive tunnelling. Kinda the opposite of what's going on here really.

The difference is i caught him in Quiet game. In this game he is being more friendly towards me and more hostile towards yamato when we were saying the same thing about him.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:57 GMT
#491
On February 09 2014 02:02 Corazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 01:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay. So you have not said pretty much anything then. Is there anyone that seems scummy to you atm?

I know this going to sound like a cop-out, but I don't have any scumreads right now. (This thought line only works for me) I know that because I am VT, people attacking me either have to be wrong or scum.

Rayn- I think your attack of me hinges on the interpretation that Geript's play was pro-active rather than shitting up the thread. It's not scummy if you disagree with me.

Yamato- This:
..
Is just blatantly wrong. He calls me out without saying that my play has been useless/I'm shitting up the thread. He doesn't want to make these specific statements that I can easily disprove. My post to Geript was basically saying "When are you going to stop shitting up the thread" and he basically stated that I was shitting up the thread too, which is a complete lie.

My behavior ≠ Geript's behavior, and it's pretty bad for Yamato to try and link them together.

That is most of my thoughts on the game. I haven't seen too many egregious posts which also makes me think that we have another huge lurker scum team. But it's just a feeling.

Like compare these two things.
I even QUOTED YAMATO'S post and based my read on Cora on that post..
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 11:58 GMT
#492
Is Cora the sort of scumplayer who might go after Palmar, even lightly?

I ask because although Cora rages at me a lot, he usually doesn't do it in a way that insinuates I am mafia, so I'm not sure what his attitude towards other highprofile players in general is.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 11:58 GMT
#493
I can't understand how he thinks i disagree with him but yamato is lying son of a bitch who is trying to twist his words.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 12:01 GMT
#494
On February 09 2014 20:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I can't understand how he thinks i disagree with him but yamato is lying son of a bitch who is trying to twist his words.

Right, bear with me here. Going to try to explain it from a possible townCora perspective, let's see if it's believable.

Cora reads it like this:
yamato - Cora is shitting up the thread just like geript is
rayn - geript is being proactive and not shitting up the thread.

Cora's reply: rayn is reading geript differently from me and that's ok, but yamato is saying i'm shitposting like geript which is unfair.

How's that?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 12:02 GMT
#495
You mean this post?
On February 09 2014 10:58 Corazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 10:47 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe if Palmar does non-geript or better-geript things and rayn tells me where to look, we can get a good lynch.

We could always lynch Palmar for going after Geript, because attacking Geript is a pretty easy thing to do as scum.

I think this really is not a stance at all and he is following geript (who i think was right in his argument with Palmar besides the "Palmar is totes scum"). He's not really attacking Palmar here imo, he's just saying something. He does not explain if he even thinks Palmar is amfai or why Palmar's argument makes him mafia. He just defends geript for some odd reason.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 12:02 GMT
#496
Well Corazon follows up with another post on Palmar saying maybe we should lynch him for his vote on geript.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 12:04 GMT
#497
On February 09 2014 21:01 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 20:58 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I can't understand how he thinks i disagree with him but yamato is lying son of a bitch who is trying to twist his words.

Right, bear with me here. Going to try to explain it from a possible townCora perspective, let's see if it's believable.

Cora reads it like this:
yamato - Cora is shitting up the thread just like geript is
rayn - geript is being proactive and not shitting up the thread.

Cora's reply: rayn is reading geript differently from me and that's ok, but yamato is saying i'm shitposting like geript which is unfair.

How's that?

Okay that's apossibility. I still don't get it because this is what i literally posted:
On February 08 2014 22:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I'd lynch Cora atm for this:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 19:01 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Cora

Didn't care for this bit:

On February 08 2014 12:25 Corazon wrote:
On February 08 2014 11:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well there is no "hook" for Alak to have to "get off" since he hasn't even been give a few hours. I think it is null for now Cora. It doesn't even feel scummy to you or you wouldn't be asking, you would be telling us.

Alright, I will give it a break. I just thought the conversation about Geript was going nowhere, so I wanted to throw it out there.

@Oats: 4 people in this game are scum. When I figure out who is scum, I'll let you know babycakes


Shoots down Oats for Oats' dumb "who is scum?" question, then

On February 08 2014 16:22 Corazon wrote:
Geript, when do you plan on actually trying to find scum? Just curious.


Turns around and does the same stupid thing.

I, unlike you, give him no townie points for the Slam questions because it was a silly thing to ask anyway.


I just quoted yamato's post and said i agree with it.
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 12:05 GMT
#498
you posted a followup explanation though, I checked.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 09 2014 12:06 GMT
#499
Here. "geript being the most pro-active person in the thread"

On February 08 2014 22:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think Cora is saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff. He brings up this weird "discussion about geript" which i have no idea where he is referring to in the first place. Then he he asks geript when he is gonna start scumhunting. But what i read at that point was geript being the most pro-active person in thread.

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
February 09 2014 12:13 GMT
#500
I really do think Corazon is mafia.
##Vote: Corazon

See this post from yamato and Cora's response:
On February 09 2014 14:53 Corazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 14:32 yamato77 wrote:
On February 09 2014 02:02 Corazon wrote:
On February 09 2014 01:51 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Okay. So you have not said pretty much anything then. Is there anyone that seems scummy to you atm?

I know this going to sound like a cop-out, but I don't have any scumreads right now. (This thought line only works for me) I know that because I am VT, people attacking me either have to be wrong or scum.

Rayn- I think your attack of me hinges on the interpretation that Geript's play was pro-active rather than shitting up the thread. It's not scummy if you disagree with me.

WoS- He is wrong too, but I feel like it is too much effort for scum to be attacking both me and VE at the same time in the effort of trying to make an association case. He's also trying to get opinions on his opinion, which tells me that he is looking for the right lynch, not the one that gives him a scum read to cling to.

Yamato- This:

On February 08 2014 19:01 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Cora

Didn't care for this bit:

On February 08 2014 12:25 Corazon wrote:
On February 08 2014 11:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
Well there is no "hook" for Alak to have to "get off" since he hasn't even been give a few hours. I think it is null for now Cora. It doesn't even feel scummy to you or you wouldn't be asking, you would be telling us.

Alright, I will give it a break. I just thought the conversation about Geript was going nowhere, so I wanted to throw it out there.

@Oats: 4 people in this game are scum. When I figure out who is scum, I'll let you know babycakes


Shoots down Oats for Oats' dumb "who is scum?" question, then

On February 08 2014 16:22 Corazon wrote:
Geript, when do you plan on actually trying to find scum? Just curious.


Turns around and does the same stupid thing.

I, unlike you, give him no townie points for the Slam questions because it was a silly thing to ask anyway.

Is just blatantly wrong. He calls me out without saying that my play has been useless/I'm shitting up the thread. He doesn't want to make these specific statements that I can easily disprove. My post to Geript was basically saying "When are you going to stop shitting up the thread" and he basically stated that I was shitting up the thread too, which is a complete lie.

My behavior ≠ Geript's behavior, and it's pretty bad for Yamato to try and link them together.

That is most of my thoughts on the game. I haven't seen too many egregious posts which also makes me think that we have another huge lurker scum team. But it's just a feeling.

Another thing about this post is, why are you only focusing on the people attacking you? You do realize that the logic "I'm town therefor those attacking me have to be wrong/scum" is incredibly silly. If you're going to continue playing as you have, there's no reason for me to believe you. You're not even necessarily trying to find mafia with this post, you're just arguing that people who call you mafia are wrong. You're not even OMGUSing, you're just playing defensive and trying to survive.

You did this SAME kind of thing in Quiet Game where you basically only argued with people that thought you were mafia. If you're not going to take any initiative and try to find things worth talking about, the simplest explanation I can come up with is that you're mafia hoping to just skate by unnoticed.

Now I'll be reading the thread from the point of when I fell asleep last night in more detail. This was the most notable thing I read before I left for work, but inevitably there is more.

Sorry for only talking about what I could talk about at that point in time. I even said there wasn't much I wanted to comment on.

After that, I've talked about Koshi and Palmar so now you are just lying. GJ Yamato

First he even agrees with yamato in that he has only called out and talked about people who think he is mafia (see the bolded parts). He also says he has talked about Koshi and Palmar. So let's see where he ends up with those talks.

+ Show Spoiler [Koshi] +
On February 09 2014 11:21 Corazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 11:18 Koshi wrote:
No.

Then I ask you the same question I asked Geript: when do you plan on scumhunting?


He asks one question which is not even a good one because Koshi has given reads. His vote is on VA.

+ Show Spoiler [Palmar] +

On February 09 2014 14:52 Corazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2014 11:51 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 09 2014 11:49 Corazon wrote:
On February 09 2014 11:46 Grackaroni wrote:
On February 09 2014 07:57 Corazon wrote:
Yeah I really don't feel like defending myself. I'm just gonna wait for Yamato to reply to my message.

Btw, you guys should look into Palmar's vote of Geript. Wouldn't it make a lot of sense for scum to try and rile up Geript for no reason?

On February 09 2014 10:58 Corazon wrote:
On February 09 2014 10:47 marvellosity wrote:
Maybe if Palmar does non-geript or better-geript things and rayn tells me where to look, we can get a good lynch.

We could always lynch Palmar for going after Geript, because attacking Geript is a pretty easy thing to do as scum.

Cora do you want to vote Palmar?

Not yet. I'll give Palmar some more time to do something useful.

You think he's scum though right?

Where did I say that

Ends up in no clear read. He doesn't even call Palmar mafia.

So, all Corazon has said is some people are nul land yamato is a lying bitch (which is not even true).
table for two on a tv tray
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM839
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 219
BRAT_OK 102
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 36m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 36m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.