• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:17 GMT
#1521
On February 07 2014 12:16 marvellosity wrote:
In any game where 2/3 of the mafia team are outed on day 1, mafia are gonna have a hard time, regardless of setup.


I Mean yeah that made it harder. But the setup is still breakable in towns favor in a variety of situations.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:19 GMT
#1522
On February 07 2014 12:17 yamato77 wrote:
Anyway, this game was horrible. Everyone had a shit attitude. Scum were talking about conceding during D1. You don't get to complain about balance when you're not even trying.


Yes I do. and I did try. Artanis did not play, and rayn stopped caring.

If you say I did not try you are not reading the game. And if you can't talk about the setup objectively then there is no point discussing it anymore.

:D
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 07 2014 03:19 GMT
#1523
On February 07 2014 12:16 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 12:13 yamato77 wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:56 Hapahauli wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:55 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:54 Hapahauli wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:52 LSB wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait. Why can't mafia self-vote in LYLO?

You get hammered and lose instantly?

Unless you get really ballsy.


LYLO is for ballsy play, no?


Setup super town imba IMO.


Town imba yes. Super town imba? No. That was a product of Rayn and Artanis getting outed too quickly.


You only need one confirmed town to win. Scum get no way to deal with good town players without suiciding. Win con is harder than normal, Scum have no initiative to make plays and totally rely on town misplaying in IML which by it's nature rarely happens with infinite time.

We mis-lynched 4 straight times and still lost because LSB could

a.) self vote when scum could not

and

b.) Was confirmed town and you only need one alive to guarantee a victory.

Maybe i'm biased, But i don't think I am and I certanily won't play this setup again.

Thanks for hosting though. :D

Scum qt:http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/8EDMN7jGwWtT

Apologies in advance to marv and prome for all the venting at your expense.

Also, prome was scum MVP cause we literally had to rely on prome shooting Artanis over Rayn or town would have won instantly cause marv would be confirmed and then all town needed to do was lynch town reads and shoot scum reads.

The objective is NOT mislynching necessarily, it is to look townie enough to not get shot when a townie is lynched. None of you did that well at all.


I was a universal town read Yamato. and if you look too townie town will lynch you to shoot your scum reads (marv, Prome) That is the best way to play.

But you can't be lynched as scum, so you can't do the thing town will do and if you look scummy you get shot. Hue.

If you think the best play is to lynch the townie looking players, you're delusional.

If those first two shots went wrong, town loses instantly.
Writer@WriterYamato
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:21 GMT
#1524
Well shit. I checked the thread from my phone at work like 2 hours ago and it was still day 2. Now the game is over.

Holy shit that was crazy. GG fellas.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:24 GMT
#1525
On February 07 2014 12:19 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 12:16 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:13 yamato77 wrote:
On February 07 2014 12:02 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:56 Hapahauli wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:55 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:54 Hapahauli wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:52 LSB wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait. Why can't mafia self-vote in LYLO?

You get hammered and lose instantly?

Unless you get really ballsy.


LYLO is for ballsy play, no?


Setup super town imba IMO.


Town imba yes. Super town imba? No. That was a product of Rayn and Artanis getting outed too quickly.


You only need one confirmed town to win. Scum get no way to deal with good town players without suiciding. Win con is harder than normal, Scum have no initiative to make plays and totally rely on town misplaying in IML which by it's nature rarely happens with infinite time.

We mis-lynched 4 straight times and still lost because LSB could

a.) self vote when scum could not

and

b.) Was confirmed town and you only need one alive to guarantee a victory.

Maybe i'm biased, But i don't think I am and I certanily won't play this setup again.

Thanks for hosting though. :D

Scum qt:http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/8EDMN7jGwWtT

Apologies in advance to marv and prome for all the venting at your expense.

Also, prome was scum MVP cause we literally had to rely on prome shooting Artanis over Rayn or town would have won instantly cause marv would be confirmed and then all town needed to do was lynch town reads and shoot scum reads.

The objective is NOT mislynching necessarily, it is to look townie enough to not get shot when a townie is lynched. None of you did that well at all.


I was a universal town read Yamato. and if you look too townie town will lynch you to shoot your scum reads (marv, Prome) That is the best way to play.

But you can't be lynched as scum, so you can't do the thing town will do and if you look scummy you get shot. Hue.

If you think the best play is to lynch the townie looking players, you're delusional.

If those first two shots went wrong, town loses instantly.


Not at the start. But as soon as one player is confirmed town. That is exactly what you do.

You lynch people likely to be town and shoot your scum reads to deny their shot and then ride the one confirmed town to unwinnable lylo of scum.

The fact that town cannot lose in 2-1 lylo with 1 confirmed town is not balanced yamato.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:26 GMT
#1526
Especially when scum has no way to shoot that confirmed town unless they get lynched.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:26 GMT
#1527
I agree with DP here. If town didn't get a shot after 2v1 LYLO (because scum generally wins when they equal town, not outnumber), then I think it would have been fine. The extra shot just made the game nigh unwinnable.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:30 GMT
#1528
Can i Have the obs thread someone? Even though I am afraid of what I might find Q_Q
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:30 GMT
#1529
There wasn't an obs thread, just a Skype chat. Made me sad because I dont have skype
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:31 GMT
#1530
On February 07 2014 12:30 Keirathi wrote:
There wasn't an obs thread, just a Skype chat. Made me sad because I dont have skype




Did you have me as scum keir?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:33 GMT
#1531
Nah, but last time I looked at you was day 1 and I was sure about Artanis and rayn first. I would have certainly lynched HolyFlare over you, but between you, Ceph, and Wave i would have had to do some digging.

(Ofc I had marv and LSB as like 99.99999% town.)
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:35 GMT
#1532
On February 07 2014 12:33 Keirathi wrote:
Nah, but last time I looked at you was day 1 and I was sure about Artanis and rayn first. I would have certainly lynched HolyFlare over you, but between you, Ceph, and Wave i would have had to do some digging.

(Ofc I had marv and LSB as like 99.99999% town.)


Well that is good. You have the best track record in reading me after all.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:36 GMT
#1533
To be perfectly honest though, I dont remember the "triggers" i used to have to read you as scum
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
February 07 2014 03:38 GMT
#1534
On February 07 2014 12:36 Keirathi wrote:
To be perfectly honest though, I dont remember the "triggers" i used to have to read you as scum


It was like attacking weak players and dropping good cases for no reason. OR something.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 07 2014 03:39 GMT
#1535
Ah yea, well neither one of those would have been particularly relevant in this game anyways.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 07 2014 05:24 GMT
#1536
no scum should attack town marv.
No gg, No skill.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 07 2014 06:06 GMT
#1537
Wow... 2 Mafia lynched and endgame while I was sleeping :O It was an interesting setup but it was probably too encouraged for town to suicide -> shoot...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 07 2014 06:06 GMT
#1538
*shot
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 07 2014 06:15 GMT
#1539
GG anyways, good shots by town!
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
February 07 2014 06:20 GMT
#1540
On February 07 2014 14:24 Oatsmaster wrote:
no scum should attack town marv.


I also experienced the painful results of that in my last scumgame
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 18m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 18m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.