• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:05
CEST 00:05
KST 07:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8378 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia! - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 02:50 GMT
#1494
On February 07 2014 11:49 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 11:48 marvellosity wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:48 Aquanim wrote:
Like, in all seriousness, why would any townie kill themselves when there is only one scum left... you can just lynch the scum...

What if the townie thinks the other townie will kill him? It was a great play.

You can just choose not to vote for the other townie, in which case unless they lynch themselves and shoot you it is fine... and if they do that, well, derp.

Or you just take matters into your own hands and confirm yourself as town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 02:52 GMT
#1500
On February 07 2014 11:50 Hapahauli wrote:
Wait. Why can't mafia self-vote in LYLO?

Because if someone goes "ok, vote: you, now shoot the mafia" then the mafia loses instantly.

town gets to shoot the mafia.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 02:54 GMT
#1506
On February 07 2014 11:53 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 11:50 LSB wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:48 DarthPunk wrote:
On February 07 2014 11:45 Holyflare wrote:
you woulda won if you didn't hammer him???


Nope. Him self voting along with the rayn thing would have made him super confirmed town.

At that point all town needs to do is to not kill LSB.

Ceph would have understood that and shot me if he got lynched and If I got lynched I would have died.

I took a 50/50 shot hoping that LSB would follow marv and promes reads of me being like totes town.

Scum can't self vote at lylo and win whilst town can so self voting was a really good play.

DarthPunk either was incredibly stupid since he didn't think I was confirmed town. Or he was mafia.


I couldn't think you were confirmed town or I would lose. Town wins with ONE confirmed townie lol.

Anyway I think scum played well. This seemed like an incredibly difficult setup for scum but maybe I am biased.

If artanis had actually played maybe we would have been in a better spot, but overall I think it was a close game.

GG alll !

Game was incredible hard for mafia. Although to be fair two of the mafia were outed within 12 hours of the game start pretty much.

And yes, it only took one confirmed townie in the end. Definitely playing mafia very hard.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 03:03 GMT
#1510
"we mislynched 4 straight times" is misleading when the first two lynches were to guarantee mafia flips.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 03:06 GMT
#1512
I mean it's basically the direct equivalent of "town lynched mafia day 1 and day 2 and mafia got their revenge shots"

suddenly seems like town is raping if you put it like that, which is actually correct ;p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 03:09 GMT
#1514
I caught rayn off his first post.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 03:09 GMT
#1515
I mean I literally could not have caught rayn any harder.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 03:16 GMT
#1518
In any game where 2/3 of the mafia team are outed on day 1, mafia are gonna have a hard time, regardless of setup.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 09:54:16
February 07 2014 09:52 GMT
#1546
On February 07 2014 15:58 DarthPunk wrote:
It was VERY imbalanced in favor of town.

I know, because there were very few ways to win as scum, and I was trying to think of them.

Anyway. I'm just going to avoid funky setups in the future.

Also about behavior, prome you and marv were just as big a dick as rayn and I, perhaps more so, and you were town.

Pay attention to this wave post from a third party not directly involved in the fight.

Lol are you seriously making this argument? You intentionally try to tilt me and call me "fucking useless" at the start and whatever else you were saying to me, and you're attacking me/us for being dicks? Are you for realsies? haha.

As I said earlier, mafia won't win any type of setup with 2/3 mafia outed on day 1. The only reason it got close was because people used a light version of dickmove analysis to call you town and town rushed things after artanis and rayn were shot. In the end townies had to get 3/4 shots right or lose the game.

I mean imagine this is a standard 9-3 or 10-3 setup and 2 mafia get caught on day 1. Mafia are totally fucked, no way back from that. Only the mechanics of this game made it close.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 09:59:16
February 07 2014 09:59 GMT
#1548
On February 07 2014 16:23 Mocsta wrote:
As an outside reader this game was painful.

Dp emotional pleas whilst catering to scum win con was really frustrating in general.

Marv was clearly town and whilst I also felt his vitriol was excessive, he instantly dropped it when pursuing rayn initially.

I only read to about page 40.

Also felt holy was annoying to read but he's usually cheeky like that so I have come to expect it from him.

Lastly.
I dunno how much rayn opener was discussed but I was looking out for it cos I knew he was scum. It was really bad gaga. The traditional wishy washy position over talks about in his guide.

Agreed. I jumped all over it and never let it go, and Prome agreed with me. The rest of the townies sat around derping and not recognising how bad it was and how mafia-oriented the rest of his play was either. Annoying.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 09:59 GMT
#1549
On February 07 2014 18:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I was not a dick to anyone.

well you called me "so bad" etc just like I did to DP (but much more), but I agree, you weren't
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:00 GMT
#1551
Prome was not scummy in the slightest.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:20 GMT
#1554
you tell him Koshi :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:25 GMT
#1556
On February 07 2014 19:23 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv you are going to mislynch me a lot in the future.

I don't think so. I know what you are getting at, that you will post less and stuff.

But also with VE his style changed quite a lot, he posted much less, his emotions changed, and all things like that. But I still read VE perfectly even after his style jumps around and changes.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 10:38:40
February 07 2014 10:29 GMT
#1559
On February 07 2014 19:27 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 18:52 marvellosity wrote:
On February 07 2014 15:58 DarthPunk wrote:
It was VERY imbalanced in favor of town.

I know, because there were very few ways to win as scum, and I was trying to think of them.

Anyway. I'm just going to avoid funky setups in the future.

Also about behavior, prome you and marv were just as big a dick as rayn and I, perhaps more so, and you were town.

Pay attention to this wave post from a third party not directly involved in the fight.

Lol are you seriously making this argument? You intentionally try to tilt me and call me "fucking useless" at the start and whatever else you were saying to me, and you're attacking me/us for being dicks? Are you for realsies? haha.

As I said earlier, mafia won't win any type of setup with 2/3 mafia outed on day 1. The only reason it got close was because people used a light version of dickmove analysis to call you town and town rushed things after artanis and rayn were shot. In the end townies had to get 3/4 shots right or lose the game.

I mean imagine this is a standard 9-3 or 10-3 setup and 2 mafia get caught on day 1. Mafia are totally fucked, no way back from that. Only the mechanics of this game made it close.


I'm not the only person that feels that way marv. And rayn wasn't going to get lynched in a normal setup.

Didn't say I wasn't a dick, but you're literally saying "omg you dicks" when your plan was to TRY TO MAKE ME PLAY LIKE THAT. You're saying it as if it's some surprise.

And yes I would have got rayn lynched. I always get my man lynched. Always.

edit: the reason I'm laughing is because you sat there poking me with a stick repeatedly. and marv-bear got angry, as expected. and now post-game you're going "well marv was a dick too!". Well yes, you sat there poking a bear with a stick. Quelle surprise. And as if "and you were town" lends anything to any argument, I just sat there being poked with a stick by evil scummers.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 10:42:40
February 07 2014 10:41 GMT
#1561
I wasn't playing against my wincon, what a retarded thing to say.

If you and prome hadn't been so dickish this game (and you were) I would have gained nothing from provoking you.

you're literally incapable of understanding aren't you? you created it...
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:44 GMT
#1564
On February 07 2014 19:43 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2014 19:41 marvellosity wrote:
I wasn't playing against my wincon, what a retarded thing to say.


You shat up the thread super hard. half the town were pissed at you. Holyflare quit playing the game. I could push you when you were obv town and look townie for it.

So basically, RAGING was playing against your wincon. Which is the only reason I did it.

Except it wasn't. I caught 2 mafia and gave town a confirmed townie. It didn't help my wincon but I was not playing against it

"it's ok that i was a cunt because i was mafia" is a shit argument, DP, a really shit one.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:45 GMT
#1565
Not playing optimally != playing against wincon
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 07 2014 10:46 GMT
#1567
na, I wasn't. I wasn't the one trying to make people angry. that was on you, wincon or not.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-07 10:47:43
February 07 2014 10:46 GMT
#1568
Who got warned this game by the hosts?

You did.

edit: I also never said my behaviour was correct. Never suggested that.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O144
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 523
ZZZero.O 140
Hyun 103
Dota 2
qojqva2332
monkeys_forever234
League of Legends
Doublelift3623
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4537
Liquid`Hasu507
Other Games
summit1g12023
FrodaN1486
KnowMe271
JimRising 245
Livibee175
ViBE10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick748
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Adnapsc2 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra783
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
• Shiphtur560
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 55m
Patches Events
16h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 55m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.