• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8450 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 14:17 GMT
#1148
On November 22 2013 22:26 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 12:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Doesn't Onegu's vote look really scummy with Rayn's flip?



How?
Yeah, I'm curious as to what Cora is getting @ here too.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 14:54 GMT
#1150
On November 22 2013 23:26 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 23:17 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 22 2013 22:26 Onegu wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Doesn't Onegu's vote look really scummy with Rayn's flip?



How?
Yeah, I'm curious as to what Cora is getting @ here too.


Now I wouldn't normally pre-empt an answer like this, but I'm pretty sure I already asked this question and Corazon already answered... in the posts directly after the quoted one.

Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 12:20 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:14 Aquanim wrote:
On November 22 2013 12:10 cDgCorazon wrote:
Doesn't Onegu's vote look really scummy with Rayn's flip?

I'm not sure why Onegu's vote looks scummier due to Rayn's flip. Unless you're saying he didn't want to take responsibility for the Rayn lynch... which would apply to you in spades too. Could you clarify?

Onegu dropped a vote away from Rayn and then peaced out.

What would scum do if they knew town Rayn was probably going to be lynched 12 hours in advance? They wouldn't all pack on the Rayn wagon. That would be too obvious for a scum team. Wouldn't it make sense for Onegu to put a vote on Moc in the middle of the Rayn tunnel to look like he was making an effort to scum-hunt and then be able to distance himself from a Rayn lynch?

I was transparent with my stance on Rayn and my decision to no-lynch. Onegu was very shady about it and I think it's because he is hiding the fact that he is scum.


@Onegu, JJD: Do you find Corazon's explanation here insufficient?

I think that you pointing out that it was pretty damn close to exactly what he did was spot on. Cora said he was transparent about his reasons while Onegu wasn't. Here's both of their posts telling us that Rayn was a bad wagon:
On November 22 2013 04:33 Onegu wrote:
Anyway mocsta is my biggest scumread now. Also Rayn is a terrible lynch today please change, ill try to be up for deadline but no promises. Anyway its 2:30am and typeing all that up on a tablet is difficult.

##VOTE:Mocsta

@Rayn stop marytring and come back and push your reads.
On November 22 2013 11:28 cDgCorazon wrote:
You know what, I don't want any part of this. Rayn and Moc are just battling with their egos and this whole thing is silly. I would say that I'd rather have Rayn be lynched so we can move on to more things but I also think it is really stupid that we are voting Rayn out when it's pretty obvious to me now that he is town.

##unvote
##Vote: No-lynch


This is stupid and I can't believe that it has come to this. Rayn is a bad lynch and Onegu/Aqua are way better lynches today.


And in response to this:
On November 22 2013 12:20 cDgCorazon wrote:
Wouldn't it make sense for Onegu to put a vote on Moc in the middle of the Rayn tunnel to look like he was making an effort to scum-hunt and then be able to distance himself from a Rayn lynch?

I mean, it's exactly what Cora did except w/ Onegu. The only difference is Cora didn't actually put his vote on anyone.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 15:15 GMT
#1152
On November 23 2013 00:02 Mocsta wrote:
I don't get this.

how am I not playing town that people like jarjar think I am a chance to flip scum?


This just seems like such fake indignation.

Here's what I said.
On November 22 2013 22:23 JarJarDrinks wrote:
Also gonna look into Rayns other scumreads though I don't know how much stock I can put into them because of how wrong he was about me. But I don't feel like he could really go 0 for 3 in his reads so if I had to choose 1 scum between Moc and Bereft, right now I'm gonna say it's Moc. But this is before my reread.

And Rayn, the confirmed town, thought u were scum. Shouldn't you be more incredulous of that as opposed to me?

It'd be stupid to just ignore what rayn had to say. I think it's unlikely that he missed the whole scum team w/ his reads. So it makes sense that @ least ONE of the people he named is scum. And since I have the benefit of narrowing it down to 2 names, I'm certainly gonna analyse it.

The fact that you think that rayn was completly wrong w/ all of his reads and gave me AND bereft townreads after the flip is suspicious to me.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 17:28 GMT
#1155
On November 23 2013 02:06 cDgCorazon wrote:
The only reason I could see scum trying to lynch Rayn is if his reads were right.
Um. wouldn't scum be more inclined to have him flip green ASAP if his reads were wrong?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 17:38 GMT
#1158
On November 23 2013 02:30 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 02:28 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 23 2013 02:06 cDgCorazon wrote:
The only reason I could see scum trying to lynch Rayn is if his reads were right.
Um. wouldn't scum be more inclined to have him flip green ASAP if his reads were wrong?


Yes, rayn pushes any target he has forever, wrong or right. If he's alive he can screw up the thread in that respect (as you guys saw). If his reads were wrong a scum team that knows him would keep him alive. So most likely his reads were right and he got lynched ("policy lynched") for it.
This doesn't make sense to me. You say he "screw[ed] up the thread" as we saw. But no one listened to him at all. So why would scum care to have him leave the thread if he's shitting it up AND no one is listening to him? Once he's gone, the town knows all his reads are real.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 17:49 GMT
#1160
On November 23 2013 02:41 cDgCorazon wrote:
Yes but the town atmosphere for the last 12 hours of the game was absolutely terrible. If we had no-lynched Rayn would still an issue and we would waste D2 on it. I guarantee that.
So then how could you say that Scum would want to lynch rayn if his reads were right? They should want to keep him in the game no matter what. But especially if his reads were right.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 22 2013 18:06 GMT
#1162
On November 23 2013 02:50 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 02:49 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 23 2013 02:41 cDgCorazon wrote:
Yes but the town atmosphere for the last 12 hours of the game was absolutely terrible. If we had no-lynched Rayn would still an issue and we would waste D2 on it. I guarantee that.
So then how could you say that Scum would want to lynch rayn if his reads were right? They should want to keep him in the game no matter what. But especially if his reads were right.

Well I also said the scum could be misreading the game. That would be possible especially if they have been lurking and not posting in the thread.
No No No that's not what you said. It was the opposite in fact. U said if Rayns reads were right they should want to kill him UNLESS scum is bad.

Here's the post:
On November 23 2013 02:06 cDgCorazon wrote:
@JJD

If I was scum in that situation, what would I do? I would have 2 goals:

1. Keep Rayn alive
2. Not change my story in my attempt to keep Rayn alive

The only reason I could see scum trying to lynch Rayn is if his reads were right. So either:

1. All the scum did not vote for Rayn
2. Rayn's reads are at least somewhat correct (at least 1 is scum)
3. The scumteam is just bad

To be fair to Onegu, he said that he was not able to make a post before the deadline but to be honest I looked at the time for Australia and I really believe that Onegu could have made a post that said "Hey guys, I don't think Rayn is scum. I'm sticking with my vote" which would have made me accept his vote more.

The fact that he didn't kind of points to the fact that he doesn't care about the lynch, a sentiment that has been echoed by many players here.

JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 23 2013 03:34 GMT
#1227
The only reason scum wouldn't shoot is if Holyflare is scum and is looking for cred for his doc claim. Which is such a huge stretch and makes no sense for several reasons that I don't think we need to entertain it.

So I think we should all just assume that scum attack was foiled. Whether or not it was a HF heal or something else, we can't be sure. HF made his claim 17 minutes before the deadline. More than enough time for scum to change it's target.

So I think the shooter was roleblocked. I think we should discuss a potential roleclaim from anyone w/ a roleblocking role. Would love to hear opinions on it.

And Holy, can u post ur flavor please?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 23 2013 03:37 GMT
#1229
On November 23 2013 12:35 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 12:34 JarJarDrinks wrote:
The only reason scum wouldn't shoot is if Holyflare is scum and is looking for cred for his doc claim. Which is such a huge stretch and makes no sense for several reasons that I don't think we need to entertain it.

So I think we should all just assume that scum attack was foiled. Whether or not it was a HF heal or something else, we can't be sure. HF made his claim 17 minutes before the deadline. More than enough time for scum to change it's target.

So I think the shooter was roleblocked. I think we should discuss a potential roleclaim from anyone w/ a roleblocking role. Would love to hear opinions on it.

And Holy, can u post ur flavor please?

Scum have the power to withhold their shot and use it tomorrow. Can you tihnk of a particularly good reason why they wouldn't choose to do this?
Oh OK. Totally forgot that. Please disregard my last post.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 23 2013 03:41 GMT
#1231
so now that I think about it, why wouldn't they just shoot holy after his claim? Was there really no scum around @ the deadline?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 23 2013 14:34 GMT
#1331
Want to repoint this out because aqua picked up on it and didn't really follow up:
On November 23 2013 10:55 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 10:47 Aquanim wrote:
On November 23 2013 10:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 23 2013 10:32 Aquanim wrote:
@Corazon I'd like to see your thoughts on Jampidampi.

No thread presence. He played a very little part in D1 and that doesn't reflect very well on my read on him. I think if there was a scum OFF the Rayn lynch, it is very likely to be him. I'd be down lynching him tomorrow if it comes to that.

You mean a scum off the Rayn lynch besides Onegu?

Yeah. I would definitely not throw out the possibility that 2 scum were off the lynch.

Not quite a scumslip, but pretty close I think. Cora posted quite a bit about how Onegu was likley scum because of how he voted. He made a post right before the flip where he wrote his name in red caps 3 times and then he made several posts after about how scummy he was.

So how exactly can someone who believes that say "I think if there was a scum OFF the Rayn lynch, it is very likely to be [Jampi]." His brain shouldn't even be able to process that sentence.

He tries to cover it up when questioned by saying: Yeah I meant BESIDES Onegu. But you would think that he wouldn't forget his top scum read.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 23 2013 22:23 GMT
#1346
On November 24 2013 00:36 cDgCorazon wrote:
I'm done. I'm absolutely done. From now on, I'm just going to vote everyone who nitpicks my posts for no reason. Fuck you guys.
OK, so now you're OK w/ policy lynching but yesterday you refused to vote for Rayn even though
On November 23 2013 02:41 cDgCorazon wrote:
...
the town atmosphere for the last 12 hours of the game was absolutely terrible. If we had no-lynched Rayn would still an issue and we would waste D2 on it. I guarantee that.

?????

So why again did you vote no-lynch yesterday?

_____________________________________________

On November 24 2013 00:58 cDgCorazon wrote:
Go back to your QT and figure out a way not to get lynched, idiot.

Why would you call Onegu an idiot if you believe he's scum?

Let's say I believe that you're town. Do you think that scum shouldn't try to get townies lynched?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 01:12 GMT
#1401
On November 24 2013 09:57 Holyflare wrote:
What's up?

Mind posting ur flavor?
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 02:52 GMT
#1419
@Cora, are you a doc and that's why you don't buy HFs claim? Threre's no reason to keep it secret if it's true since scum will likely suspect you anyway.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 02:57 GMT
#1427
On November 24 2013 11:54 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 11:52 JarJarDrinks wrote:
@Cora, are you a doc and that's why you don't buy HFs claim? Threre's no reason to keep it secret if it's true since scum will likely suspect you anyway.


Are you scum trying to out doctors when there is quite clearly one here?

I think multiple docs is unlikely. I'm trying to figure out why cora doesn't buy your claim.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 03:04 GMT
#1432
On November 24 2013 11:56 thrawn2112 wrote:
and I don't like that he asked other people to claim to try and confirm hf's story.
Don't make it like I'm asking people to just roleclaim their role. I think it would be unlikely to have 2 docs so I asked cora to claim doc if that's the reason he hasn't bought the claim from the begining. Trading a doc claim to catch scum is worth it. Especially if scum probably would suspect him (which they would).

Saying that I "asked other people to claim" is a lie. I asked ONE person to conditionally claim.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 03:06 GMT
#1434
On November 24 2013 12:01 thrawn2112 wrote:
you insist on outing every single roll
citation needed
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 03:14 GMT
#1438
On November 24 2013 12:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
##Vote: JarJarDrinks

I might can do the Onegu thing but I need to reaffirm my position on him. I am much more confident about JarJar for the reasons I posted in the "notes" spoiler and what I said in my last quote.

Are you Fn kidding me? + Show Spoiler +
On November 24 2013 11:56 thrawn2112 wrote:
-jarjar... don't like his posts, and haven't liked them for awhile now ever since I read what rayn said about him. i don't like his focus on cora or how he goes about it and I don't like how much he likes talking about hf's claim. i dont like how he thinks getting hf to post flavor is alignment indicative (almost all hosts provide fake claims) and I don't like that he asked other people to claim to try and confirm hf's story. scum
THAT'S your case? You don't like my posts? Well way to make a case that I couldn't possibly defend myself against. What don't you like about my posts. Why is it scummy to focus on cora? Why is it scummy to ask for flavor? This is the most vague bullshit case I've seen. The only thing you posted that is actually scummy is a complete lie.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 03:35 GMT
#1440
On November 24 2013 12:17 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 12:06 JarJarDrinks wrote:
On November 24 2013 12:01 thrawn2112 wrote:
you insist on outing every single roll
citation needed


Making an issue over obvious sarcasm is scummy.
Uh no. It's not sarcasm because you said the same thing in your "case" against me?

On November 24 2013 11:56 thrawn2112 wrote:
-jarjar... don't like his posts, and haven't liked them for awhile now ever since I read what rayn said about him. i don't like his focus on cora or how he goes about it and I don't like how much he likes talking about hf's claim. i dont like how he thinks getting hf to post flavor is alignment indicative (almost all hosts provide fake claims) and I don't like that he asked other people to claim to try and confirm hf's story. scum
So were you being sarcastinc there too? If not, please explain why you lied.
JarJarDrinks
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1302 Posts
November 24 2013 03:39 GMT
#1441
On November 24 2013 12:17 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2013 00:15 JarJarDrinks wrote:
The fact that you think that rayn was completly wrong w/ all of his reads and gave me AND bereft townreads after the flip is suspicious to me.


townie "the thing you did is suspicious"

scummy "the thing you did is suspicious to me"

Reason? It's forced and fake. "Is suspicious" is more aggressive/confrontational, or townie. When you say something "is suspicious" you are saying that something is suspicious. You are trying to make a point to everyone else in the thread that X person is scummy for X reasons. When you say something "is suspicious to me" you are allowing that maybe it's not that suspicious, but it is to you. It's also forced and fake because it's too many words. When you want to say something there is a natural way of saying it, and natural ways of saying things have a lower word-count than ways of saying things thought up by somebody who is lying.
This can't be a real case right? This is more sarcasm I assume?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.