• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:29
CEST 11:29
KST 18:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 08:43 GMT
#2839
On December 03 2013 17:27 Onegu wrote:
Yeah Ill talk more about play and my thought process later. And what I felt about everyone elses play later tonight.

@Mocsta I didnt say I wouldnt vote sciberia, just that I really felt he would flip town, and would prefer slam if not you or cora.

I wouldnt mind hearing where you were coming from with the "thread captainism"
I never got that.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 13:09 GMT
#2856
Lol.
I was expecting some discussion on the mechanics leading to viability of the policy lynch.


Seeing rayn yell I'm scum in the obsqt, I feel vindicated for the policy lynch.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 13:47 GMT
#2858
On December 03 2013 18:08 sciberbia wrote:
One thing I'd like some advice on is how to look townie in the first 4 hours of the game. Almost every game I play it seems someone calls me scummy based off my posts in the first 4 hours. And that was the only point at which I was under any serious pressure this game. I see a few different ways to play it:
  • talk about the setup
  • make a hello post and then lurk
  • try to FORCE scumhunting even if not much to go on (what I did this game)
  • troll
  • post nothing at all

Talking about the setup is somewhat productive IMO but people always call me scum for it. Making a hello post and then lurking is generally seen as scummy. When I try to force scumhunting people get mad that my cases are somewhat weak (what do you expect it's 2 hours into the game).

I really dislike trolling at the start of the game. I find it really unproductive for town.

I've never tried just saying nothing at all and making my first post later. It just doesn't sit right with me. I never actively lurk as town. Furthermore, someone has to find a way to generate discussion so who am I to make somebody else do it.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about as town or scum?

When I coach, I tell the newbies that early game town/scum gotta play the same - but to me that is from a simplistic viewpoint.

Really, what do you want to achieve?

As town, you can do any and take the heat. You have your role PM and that should be enough to shine through - for players of your calibre at least.

As scum, which option is best I suppose depends on variables such as the time you want to commit, win in style, players in the game, players in your team. Heck, are you the first poster?

I think it comes down to what HF said. "Move the thread forward".
Town don't know who each other is, so "forward" is subjective, and thus, there is no clear answer.
All I know is: early game I felt you were trying to hinder progress (as my posts outlined to you).

Sorry for being vague, but I think in general scum play needs to be adaptive to the needs of the thread at the time.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 14:09 GMT
#2861
Perhaps, but even for someone like me that jumps at anything, that lean on Corazon was too far fetched.

I think you can establish yourself as town pretty clearly early on.

Its all about direction and conversing with people and pointing out things others agree with.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 14:46 GMT
#2867
Corazon
Whilst I am happy that we both progressed from the newbies together:
There will be nothing left of an already tarnished reputation if you continue to reply to this.

Mafia is a game.
Most of us probably don't know each other // let alone talk to each other outside this medium.
I don't see what you are trying to achieve by asking others to look through your eyes.

If you ever play another game of mafia: the goal is to lynch scum, not town. There is nothing you can say to justify your position on Onegu; and even if you were right about one thing - the game is still recorded as a loss on the TL database.




As an aside: I am pretty sour about this affecting my W-L ratio, but watevz. Happens to everyone I suppose.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 14:52 GMT
#2872
On December 03 2013 23:43 cDgCorazon wrote:
"Hey Cora, your case is wrong because this this and this"

I did not receive one single response to my case like this. So it wasn't a bad case then. Don't give me that hindsight bias bullshit JJD

I think it was specified by several people at the time that they thought the case held some merit; however, Onegu is a contentious read in general.

Just because a case is deemed "good" doesn't make it right.

Several agreed with my jampidampi case. Chezinu flipped town.
I'm not crying about it.

I find personally on TeamLiquid: Though some people have dislikes, in general: if you play good, people will praise you.
If you play shit, people will call you out.

You're not getting praise because you didn't play good.
I even told you on the game, we only lynched HF because mafia bussed. They could have forced a no-lynch and the game would still be over simply because *YOU* refused to not vote Onegu.
You ruined any chance we had of winning -- and i nailed the whole team when we could still win.

I'm not asking for praise.
Cop the loss on the chin and move on. - Preferably to another forum, because I meant it when I said i wont play with you again.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 14:55 GMT
#2875
On December 03 2013 23:50 Bereft wrote:
and lol mocsta policy lynching...if there's one thing I learn from this game it's that even if you are policy lynching NEVER ADMIT IT. because everyone winds up thinking you're scummy for it. better just to lie and say I 100% think he's scum than I 80% think he's scum and 20% want him gone. maybe it's just this game but by saying the latter, no one cared about that 80% and people ended up focusing too much on the 20%...


Yes, that is a big take-away.

To be frank, in my 20 games that was the first policy lynch I had ever seen go through.

Can I nominate Rayn for that? lol
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 15:11 GMT
#2877
Seeing that last post of Onegu again.

I would love to know in general why all the town thought it was scummy to have a post restriction and then remove it.

Lol.. like its null .. but if you really wanted to stretch the alignment-boundaries, its definitely townier to remove it.
Scum should be happy to use it as a fallback to lurking.
Prev 1 25 26 27 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 31m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.